AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2007-07-30, 12:13   Link #121
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC Matsumoto View Post
To: Spectacular_Insanity,

Forgot to mention you as the person bringing this Goddess/Angel thing up!
I only have one AMG movie (Bell's old L-Interest locked up in the moon?)
Is this the one with Urd fighting?.......have to see it again.
Cool Avatar.......from Chobits?

VC
Spoiler for reply to AMG movie:
Old 2007-08-20, 18:23   Link #122
chronicmint2

season 3????

ok season 1 & 2 were great! is there going to be a season 3? i ask cuz in season 2, urd's mother keeps saying stuff about belldandy's father or something like that. aaaannnd in season 2, they were saying belldandy would have to go back to heaven b/c of the wish and k1 says he'll wait for her untill she comes back if she did leave. i'd be satisfied if they would end this nice anime with a season 3. i think season 1 ended nicely with the kisses on the cheeks. but the season 2 (just saying "suki" with no actual feeling cuz he was explaining) could have been better to stop with season 2 if he said it without the magic/drug... maybe a kiss on lips :P

Q: Anyone know if there will be a season 3?
chronicmint2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 18:28   Link #123
chronicmint2

sorry sorry

nvm, i have to read more before i ask questions xD
chronicmint2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 17:28   Link #124
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicmint2 View Post
ok season 1 & 2 were great! is there going to be a season 3?
Spoiler for season 2:

Q: Anyone know if there will be a season 3?
You really should put those in spoiler quotes. Not everyone's seen season 2 yet.
Old 2007-11-29, 03:30   Link #125
wynaut
Photoshopper

Is it true that the next season 3 AMG will come out this dec. 7, '07?
wynaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 03:35   Link #126
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynaut View Post
Is it true that the next season 3 AMG will come out this dec. 7, '07?
Not a new season but just a special. See the following thread.

Ah! My Goddess: Fighting Wings (Special), Expectations and Speculation
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 06:51   Link #127
Nemesis

Recently came to know this series,ive got two questions

Why does Belldandy sometimes put Keichi's head on her knees sometimes?

If Urd And Skuld could go back to heaven,why didt they?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 07:07   Link #128
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
Maybe she's cleaning his ears. Or just likes it when his head is on her knees.

Quote:
Because it's more entertaining to stay? Because they like to stay together with Bell? And because they don't need to work while they're on Earth?
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 07:52   Link #129
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00
A lap pillow. Shows a form of affection and trust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00
Urd has been banished to Earth for a period of time (don't remember how long) early in the series due to her failing to do her job, so it's a form of punishment. But given the supply of sake she can obtain while on Earth she doesn't seem to mind staying, plus as mentioned it seems she finds it a lot more fun down here.

Skuld doesn't want to leave her sister so she would be unlikely to go back unless Belldandy also returned (not to mention the supply of ice cream).

They both seem hooked on old TV series as well. Mostly it's because the storiies wouldn't be so interesting if they weren't in the way all the time.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 21:23   Link #130
mrkez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
Officially, there isn't a particular time that the show takes place in. It most certainly takes place in modern day Japan, and was in all likelihood, written with the current times in mind. That said, considering that the manga was started in 1988, it is safe to assume that the setting is anywhere between 1988 and now. There are a few things that more solidly date the setting of the series (ie. a computer that Keiichi gets), but I'm a little too lazy/indifferent to really determine a time stamp for it.
Also, something else that dates the series would be that most of the phones have rotary dials. The printer seems to be a dot matrix printer. I just re-watched the episode last night with the ninjas and he was trying to print his homework it looked like a dot matrix type. I just love this series and I want more and more.
mrkez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 06:07   Link #131
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Does anyone happen the know the name of the background song that plays when Urds mom hugs her after she refuses to call her "mom"? It's kind of a sad tune and i really like it!

EDIT: it's also the BGM used in the english DVD "extras" screen.

EDIEDIT; Alright, nevermind i found it. It's called After the Dream if anyones interested. it's on the second season OST

Last edited by Double_Edge; 2008-01-14 at 04:10.
Double_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 17:17   Link #132
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I just watched eps 8-10. When Keiichi and the rest of the Motor Club were at the junkyard, did they pull a CA18DET out of that 180SX to use as the engine for their 3-wheeler? It sure sure as hell didn't look like one (The distinctive valve cover wasn't on).
Old 2008-01-24, 09:53   Link #133
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I want to ask a few questions regarding buying the AMG! Manga. Problem is: I dont which one is which. I'm looking to buy the english-language version. I found some links and I don't know if they are really english-language based.

Here is the first one: http://www.kikiwai.com/printed.php?a...ory=5&series=4

Here is the 2nd one: http://www.justmanga.com/browse.cfm?...20My%20Goddess

If the first link is correct, that is...they are english manga than i'll make a trip downtown and ask them if they are available

Problem is second link, theres 2 sides (left and right) I dont know which one is which...for example: the left side has Oh! My Goddess! Vol. 04 (2nd Edition) but the right side has Oh! My Goddess! Vol. 04 : Love Potion No. 9 . They're both vol.4 , and I'm confuse about that as well x_x. The same applies for vol.5,6,and 7

Please help ><..
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 10:14   Link #134
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
I want to ask a few questions regarding buying the AMG! Manga. Problem is: I dont which one is which.
The english-language version of AMG (actially the US manga uses Oh! My Goddess! as the title) is released in the US by Dark Horse Comics. The problem is, they released two different versions of the manga, originally they released a "flipped" (left-to-right) version, and later they released a "japanese" (right-to-left) version. Unfortunatly, I think both versions remain in print (along with various "repackagings" of specific chapters) which makes it hard to determine from on-line listings which is which.

Indeed, looking at the Dark Horse website there seem to be three different books listed as Oh! My Goddess! volume 1.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 10:20   Link #135
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

what is mean by "TPB" Trade PaperBack?

From what you have said, the reason that there is multiple versions of a volume is because theres different (left-right and right-left versions) of the book? I thought it has something to do with vol.4 being put into part 1 and part 2 something like that.

edit: what is the difference between this one: http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=11-527
and this one: http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=10-815

I know it has something to do with what you said? I dont know which one is left-right and which one is right-left.
Old 2008-01-24, 11:01   Link #136
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Check the publication dates. The first one you listed is the original flipped version. Darkhorse only recenbtly started rereleasing AMG in true manga format (2005). The first one you list is the original graphic novel collection, which collected the individual comic books into a single volume, and read left to right. It's fairly obvious to see which is which by clicking on the preview button, it lets you read a few pages.

The price is also a good indicator, the original version costs more than the manga format version
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 17:52   Link #137
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
Check the publication dates. The first one you listed is the original flipped version. Darkhorse only recenbtly started rereleasing AMG in true manga format (2005). The first one you list is the original graphic novel collection, which collected the individual comic books into a single volume, and read left to right. It's fairly obvious to see which is which by clicking on the preview button, it lets you read a few pages.

The price is also a good indicator, the original version costs more than the manga format version
ah ok, well it makes things easier for me, since i like reading from right to left and is cheaper lol.

Ok, I did some research and I know which one is which its based on the ISBN 10 number, so numbers that have 1-59307-xxx-x will be the right-left side format. But is awkhard in Darkhorse website, from vol.10-17, they have left-right side reading format, but afterwards it goes back to right-side reading format.

I hope what I researched is correct. if not, i'll be taking a trip downtown to ask the store owner about it, and also to buy Strawberry Panic! as well as Rozen Maiden ^^, but is VERY COLD here, I can only go when is abit warm...from looks of weather, it doesn't look too good.
Old 2008-01-26, 22:03   Link #138
Otomefan

Maybe this is a stupid question. Someone mentioned earlier that we should be sending fan letters into the animator of AMG to encourage him to make a third season. I was just curious, does that even have that much of an impact? Do the Japanese animators even care about the American fans? I am all for a third season of AMG, but I am not sure how much of an impact american fan mail has for the japanese animator. Like I said, maybe i am just naive.
Otomefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 13:35   Link #139
miloy2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomefan View Post
Maybe this is a stupid question. Someone mentioned earlier that we should be sending fan letters into the animator of AMG to encourage him to make a third season. I was just curious, does that even have that much of an impact? Do the Japanese animators even care about the American fans? I am all for a third season of AMG, but I am not sure how much of an impact american fan mail has for the japanese animator. Like I said, maybe i am just naive.
If the "fan demand@request" is high, perhaps they will do it..
miloy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 14:37   Link #140
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

The demand is high, and the director of the series has said he wants to do as much of the manga as possible, however i doubt it'll be done any time soon. Sales of season one and two in both japan and the west weren't that good, it's one of the reasons Media Blasters didn't license season 2, and also one of the reasons why ADV pulled it from the line up. So the license bait has gone. AMG is one of the few shows that from the outset is made to appeal to both the japoanese and western audience, if both of those aren't doing so well, then naturally we wont see any subsequent seasons for a while.

Personally i think the next season they release will be a 13 episode one, they'll see how that does and if it works out carry on with another 13 episodes, if it dosent, they don't lose out as much as if they'd commisioned a full 26 episodes.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote