Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-04-23, 01:14   Link #21
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Exclamation New Info

Confirmed, there will not be Fatalityes in MK -vs -DC

Like two days ago, Ed Boon confirmed the thing that most of the MK fans were fearing, the Fatalityes will be escluded in this MK, in an interview, Boon told that his bigest corncern wasn't the fact of having MK & DC together, but the fact of the decicion of reducethe gore of this game and making it a "T" clasificed

But he also sayd that instead of Fatalityes, there will be finishing moves not so Gore, more similar to the "Instant Kills" of Guilty Gear, but he said that the game will contain blood ,although not so "exajerated" as the previus Mortal Kombats

Another strong rumor but not yet confirmed is that there are going to be 20 characters: 10 from MK and 10 from DC
Old 2008-04-23, 03:12   Link #22
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
For all the people who are saying "wtf DC/MK crossover", don't you forget another little franchise called "Marvel Vs. Capcom".

And, I don't know about you guys, but I am *dying* to play as Batman.

My only worry is balance... hell, what am I kidding, there's no way this game will be balanced, so might as well enjoy it for what it is.
Well that's cause marvel vs Capcom made sense. >_> MK/DC doesn't. Now it's confirmed no fatilites in this game. No fatalities is no MK. Ah who cares anyhow MK sucked the last few years anyhow. >_>
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 03:55   Link #23
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I guess with the Fatalities off, they are trying to get the younger audience to get this game?...I mean there are kids that still look up to these heroes and when they see this game, they will want to get it.

As for Marvel vs. Capcom, for some unknown reason, it made sense. Super heroes vs. fighting icons from Capcom. Maybe they're just good at these cross overs......I'm not sure....
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 10:53   Link #24
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
For all the people who are saying "wtf DC/MK crossover", don't you forget another little franchise called "Marvel Vs. Capcom".
That was Capcom. Capcom knows its fighting games.

I stopped taking the MK franchise seriously when I got older. As fighting games, they are of the worst breed imaginable. I seriously hope people are in it for the blood and gore and the flashiness than the actual fighting mechanics, because, man, they're just abominable. If only they had taken a few clues from SF in their early days, they could've pulled off a better franchise of games.

Also,

Quote:
Confirmed, there will not be Fatalityes in MK -vs -DC
lol

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 10:57   Link #25
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post

I stopped taking the MK franchise seriously when I got older. As fighting games, they are of the worst breed imaginable. I seriously hope people are in it for the blood and gore and the flashiness than the actual fighting mechanics, because, man, they're just abominable. If they only had taken a few clues from SF in their early days, they could've pulled off a better franchise of games.

Also,

lol
On that note SF4 is going to be some intressting stuff.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 11:06   Link #26
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
On that note SF4 is going to be some intressting stuff.
Yeah, too bad they sold their soul to the 3D overlords. It looks like the only hope for 2D is going to be Arcsys with its new Guilty Gear-lookalike fighter, BlazBlue, which looks damn good. GG was always awesome, though, so expectations for BB are high on my part.

At least SF4's gameplay is 2D.

Old 2008-04-23, 11:14   Link #27
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
wow i don't know what to say, was never a fan of MK any ways weird buttons and combos. the cross over is really weird. you've got people who stand for truth justice, and the good ol' american dream then you got niggas that just want to fight and kick ass. DC is going to make MK look like the bad guys or MK will make dc look like sissys (minus batman)

Marvel vs Capcom matched because they had similar themes and colors imo but MK is dark, dc is light. how you going to take the game seriously if some of the characters are wearing their underwear outside their pants?

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 12:01   Link #28
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post

I stopped taking the MK franchise seriously when I got older. As fighting games, they are of the worst breed imaginable. I seriously hope people are in it for the blood and gore and the flashiness than the actual fighting mechanics, because, man, they're just abominable. If only they had taken a few clues from SF in their early days, they could've pulled off a better franchise of games.

Also,

lol
In the time of MK3, midway wanted to make a cross over with Capcom, but the two houses never arrive to an agriment

But if you think that MK -vs- DC is gotting a bad reputation, Street Fighter 4 is getting one even worse
Old 2008-04-23, 12:17   Link #29
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
But if you think that MK -vs- DC is gotting a bad reputation, Street Fighter 4 is getting one even worse
SFIV's getting a bad rep mainly because the mainstream public doesn't understand the fighting game scene. They look at the myriad of GGXX titles and say "what, what's the difference? Oh, look, a pretty new super. Is that all?", when in truth there are pretty heavy changes in the underlying system. Most competitive people in Japan are holding their judgment on SFIV for when the game comes out, and I think the probabilities of it getting played a lot in Japan's arcades just like 3S are quite high.

Old 2008-04-23, 15:11   Link #30
rg4619

Quote:
SFIV's getting a bad rep mainly because the mainstream public doesn't understand the fighting game scene.
Among hardcore gamers, no one expects much from MK. With Street Fighter 4, much trepidation stems from the fact that much of Capcom's fighting game talent is long gone.

The company isn't what it used to be, so the development team has a lot to prove. Besides 3D visuals, the statements about studying SF2 and returning to the roots worries fans that the developers don't fully understand the finer mechanics (more complex for both players and developers, which requires serious expertise among those programming and balancing the games. To make it work, you want the previous staff on hand) of later games. It's likely a starting point for the team rather than a natural progression.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 18:22   Link #31
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
like u said just to kill superman...crappy game, big failure...
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 18:46   Link #32
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Among hardcore gamers, no one expects much from MK. With Street Fighter 4, much trepidation stems from the fact that much of Capcom's fighting game talent is long gone.
Still, Capcom is undergoing some heavy effort to get as much community feedback as possible. There are daily builds being tested regularly at arcade locations in Japan, which leads me to think that the end product is going to have a lot of influence from the hardcore fighting scene. Some people are complaining about the removal of parries, but I don't think it's too much of an issue if the system is given enough complexity from another angle. A single feature does not make or break a system.

Old 2008-04-29, 00:30   Link #33
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

No fatalities. How is it MORTAL kombat without the fatalities?

It'll just be DC Kombat now!

EPIC PHAIL.
Old 2008-05-02, 13:47   Link #34
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Exclamation New Info

MK-vs-DC planed since 2005!

Just a few moments ago, this document falled to my hands, it's some kind of presentation for the MK -vs- DC project, dated in 2005! In this documenmt arementionated some things in the inovations of the game and some characters

Old 2008-05-02, 18:20   Link #35
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

WOOT! It looks like the game confirms the Joker on the DC side. Now if we can only get Kitana on the Mortal Kombat side.
Old 2008-05-02, 21:38   Link #36
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Exclamation New Info

A few moments ago I discovered in the oficial web site of MK-vs- DC http://www.worldscollide.com/ that if you click in the eye of Sub-Zero, appears this strange image

Now I wonder what is this?
Old 2008-05-03, 02:30   Link #37
Slayerx

Honestly, this has to be one of the most idiotic ideas i've heard in a long time... these two worlds do NOT belong together...

And really, not including fatalities is an epic fail in an of it's self because that is the very thing that has done the most to bring players to the series and keep them around; despite the games themselves being a little lack luster... Amongst the many other things that are wrong with bringing in DC, the creators have forced themselves to work in the limitations of DC and had to tone down the gore of the game; it's best selling point...

One thing i am kind of wondering, what if they worked injuries into the fighting... stuff like, break an arm and the fighter can't use it for the rest of the match... Injure the leg and your stuck with a limp... and too a less extreme extent, breaking weapons that a fighter may use... it could really mess with the gameplay that you don't really see... ofcourse this would involve turning UP the gore, not toning it down.

Heh, i hear the DC writers are intended to try and keep the DC heroes true to how they are in the comics... Considering how many of the DC superheros should be able to tear apart any of those mortal kombat fighters quite easily, it's gonna be pretty hard for them to keep it true... Honestly, the MK characters and most of the DC super heros are in two completely different leagues... Even a god like Raiden may call himself a god but he always fought on the level of the mortals

As for the comparison between "Marvel vs Capcom" and "Mortal kombat vs DC"...

Mavel vs capcom games and their like worked for a few reasons... for one thing, with the exception of a few marvel characters, most (though not all) of the Marvel heroes and the capcom characters were on about the same level in terms of powers and strengths. Cyclops has laser eyes, eh so what, megaman's got a blaster on his arm; a lot of match ups would go like that... But MK vs DC... in nearly every match up, the DC heroes can NOT be seen loosing; hell Batman and joker is are the few that would fight on the same level as the MK fighters... Superman, green lantern, Flash, wonder woman(all of whom i bet will be in the game) and so forth just tear the mortal level fighters apart...

Another thing was the tone of the game... The marvel VS games chose a rather cartoonish tone; sprite based and very colorful... this tone just screams "This game ain't meant to be serious and just have fun with the idea"; this allows to easily overlook a lot of issues that come up with the idea of Mortal kombat vs DC... It's the kind of feel you get when you play MUGEN, which is horribly broken... So even when you see Apocalypse get beaten down you just laugh and except it... The Tone of MK however is dark and serious. This pushes people impressions to thinking on a more realistic level. This impression gives MK less flexability and makes stuff like the introduction of the DC superheroes seem horribly out of place; especially when you think about how much most of the superheroes had been nerfed just to make the game more balanced... hell, i'm wondering how their gonna handle superheroes that can fly and attack from primarily from far away; screw midair battle just fly and let the enemy fall

Think of like this... cartoons verses a serious live action. In cartoons you expect crazy things to happen and when it does you just sit back and except it... but in a serious live action film, you expect things to remain serious and realistic; anything crazy seems out of place. It's an issue of suspension of disbelief; The marvel games pulled it off, but MK VS DC goes beyond the suspension.

Really, MK vs DC gives the tone of "Two world colide in an epic and serious clash"... while the marvel vs games gives of the impression "hey it's a crossover game, have fun with it"... really, if MK vs DC used the same tone as the marvel games did; going much lighter and less serious, i think a lot more poeple would be willing to just roll with it instead of recognizing it as such a horribly out of place kind of concept... granted, DC could pull it off, though Mortal Komat will have a lot of trouble getting cartoony after it's long history of serious-ness and dark murderous tone.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 13:21   Link #38
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Honestly, this has to be one of the most idiotic ideas i've heard in a long time... these two worlds do NOT belong together...

And really, not including fatalities is an epic fail in an of it's self because that is the very thing that has done the most to bring players to the series and keep them around; despite the games themselves being a little lack luster... Amongst the many other things that are wrong with bringing in DC, the creators have forced themselves to work in the limitations of DC and had to tone down the gore of the game; it's best selling point...

One thing i am kind of wondering, what if they worked injuries into the fighting... stuff like, break an arm and the fighter can't use it for the rest of the match... Injure the leg and your stuck with a limp... and too a less extreme extent, breaking weapons that a fighter may use... it could really mess with the gameplay that you don't really see... ofcourse this would involve turning UP the gore, not toning it down.

Heh, i hear the DC writers are intended to try and keep the DC heroes true to how they are in the comics... Considering how many of the DC superheros should be able to tear apart any of those mortal kombat fighters quite easily, it's gonna be pretty hard for them to keep it true... Honestly, the MK characters and most of the DC super heros are in two completely different leagues... Even a god like Raiden may call himself a god but he always fought on the level of the mortals

As for the comparison between "Marvel vs Capcom" and "Mortal kombat vs DC"...

Mavel vs capcom games and their like worked for a few reasons... for one thing, with the exception of a few marvel characters, most (though not all) of the Marvel heroes and the capcom characters were on about the same level in terms of powers and strengths. Cyclops has laser eyes, eh so what, megaman's got a blaster on his arm; a lot of match ups would go like that... But MK vs DC... in nearly every match up, the DC heroes can NOT be seen loosing; hell Batman and joker is are the few that would fight on the same level as the MK fighters... Superman, green lantern, Flash, wonder woman(all of whom i bet will be in the game) and so forth just tear the mortal level fighters apart...

Another thing was the tone of the game... The marvel VS games chose a rather cartoonish tone; sprite based and very colorful... this tone just screams "This game ain't meant to be serious and just have fun with the idea"; this allows to easily overlook a lot of issues that come up with the idea of Mortal kombat vs DC... It's the kind of feel you get when you play MUGEN, which is horribly broken... So even when you see Apocalypse get beaten down you just laugh and except it... The Tone of MK however is dark and serious. This pushes people impressions to thinking on a more realistic level. This impression gives MK less flexability and makes stuff like the introduction of the DC superheroes seem horribly out of place; especially when you think about how much most of the superheroes had been nerfed just to make the game more balanced... hell, i'm wondering how their gonna handle superheroes that can fly and attack from primarily from far away; screw midair battle just fly and let the enemy fall

Think of like this... cartoons verses a serious live action. In cartoons you expect crazy things to happen and when it does you just sit back and except it... but in a serious live action film, you expect things to remain serious and realistic; anything crazy seems out of place. It's an issue of suspension of disbelief; The marvel games pulled it off, but MK VS DC goes beyond the suspension.

Really, MK vs DC gives the tone of "Two world colide in an epic and serious clash"... while the marvel vs games gives of the impression "hey it's a crossover game, have fun with it"... really, if MK vs DC used the same tone as the marvel games did; going much lighter and less serious, i think a lot more poeple would be willing to just roll with it instead of recognizing it as such a horribly out of place kind of concept... granted, DC could pull it off, though Mortal Komat will have a lot of trouble getting cartoony after it's long history of serious-ness and dark murderous tone.
I don't think so, the MK characters are at the level of the DC characters

In Mortal Kombat we have:

4 Gods: Raiden, Shinok, Taven and Daegon
2 Users of Phsyquic Powers: Kenshi and Ermac
Varius BerseKers: Goro, Kintaro, Sheeva, Onaga, Blaze, etc...
2 Powerfull demons: Drahmin and Moloch
2 Sorceres: Shang Tsung and Quan Chii
A master who copy the powers of the warriors he fight: Shujinko

And of course, a hell spawn wich is Scorpion
Old 2008-05-03, 16:44   Link #39
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I don't think so, the MK characters are at the level of the DC characters

In Mortal Kombat we have:

4 Gods: Raiden, Shinok, Taven and Daegon
2 Users of Phsyquic Powers: Kenshi and Ermac
Varius BerseKers: Goro, Kintaro, Sheeva, Onaga, Blaze, etc...
2 Powerfull demons: Drahmin and Moloch
2 Sorceres: Shang Tsung and Quan Chii
A master who copy the powers of the warriors he fight: Shujinko

And of course, a hell spawn wich is Scorpion
One thing i mentioned bascially said that status does not equal power...
Despite those character being gods demons and whatever, the effective power level that they fight at is low enough to fight with the simple mortals... unlike most of the DC superheroes which are meant to be far beyond humans; with exceptions ofcourse

Raiden may shoot lightning, but he takes delivers punches like any of the mortals... Johnny cage i can see beating raiden since that's the kind of world mortal kombat built; where the gods, and demons and so forth are weak enough to be near the human level... but Johnny cage (or anyone on the human level) beating superman? he'd be lucky if he can throw a punch without breaking his knuckles... and yes, there's magic, but i'd have to point out that i highly doubt that they would make superman have a serious resitance to physical damage (only thing that can hurt supes is stuff close to his level of strength) while only magic being able to hurt him
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 18:30   Link #40
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Or were all of the GODS toned down?

You say that Raiden can only fight on the level of mortals...because he was BALANCED that way. How fun would the games be if one little lightning bolt from Raiden or whoever was equal to getting smashed by a real lightning bolt and you got Fatality'd on the spot? Not very.

The same thing will apply to Superman, etc...