AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-08, 11:50   Link #81
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
The only difference is that this Natsuki is not a lesbian, less tsundere and actually knows bike-fu. The way she swings her bike reminds me of Eva from Metal Gear Solid 3, just so corny and ridiculous lol.
Bike- fu....Definatly have to remember that one for later use.

I actually skimmed through it all again for a second time...Putting aside the horrible CG rubber monster...Its a shame that the poor schlub secondary cast that got offed first didn't get more focus during the episode. As a whole I find them alot more interesting then the lead who came off as terminally dull even during his "Emotional" flashbacks...

Maybe if I'm lucky he stays dead for a few episodes or something yea?

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 12:45   Link #82
cristian

ga-rei zero

i expect somthing more of this it is anime after all.anime makes the things what you not forsee what you only wish for it maybe come treu
cristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 12:49   Link #83
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

If it continues like episode 1 I'm looking forward to the "cast of the week".
Old 2008-10-08, 13:38   Link #84
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Heh, Natsuki (Kuga) and Tooru (Sagara Sousuke) in the same anime = WIN. I kept expecting Tooru to say 'Uruz 2' or something.

And if I remember correctly, 'Category A's name for her manga counterpart is Yomi. Nearly everything about her is the same (minus her Ga-rei), along with Butterfly Boy - those two made the transition over from the manga. I don't know if they'll keep her name as such but she had the potential to be a real presence in the manga...Well, she could have but it didn't turn out that way...
Old 2008-10-08, 14:10   Link #85
That1GuyTim
Moe~ Moe~ Kyun~
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to That1GuyTim Send a message via MSN to That1GuyTim
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsieczkar View Post
I do hope that a different group picks up the show, the biggest WTF moment was the editors note explaining who Led Zeppelin was.
I was the editor and I have to say that leaving a note about who Led Zeppelin is, isn't a bad thing. There are quite a few people who don't know who they are. Don't want them watching going, "Who/What the hell is that?"

My philosophy when editing and QCing is that you have to always think that there's someone out there who won't understand something you want to leave alone. There will always be people like that.

If you want to switch groups, that's fine with me. I'm sorry you didn't like the notes.
That1GuyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 14:56   Link #86
davie

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1GuyTim View Post
I was the editor and I have to say that leaving a note about who Led Zeppelin is, isn't a bad thing. There are quite a few people who don't know who they are. Don't want them watching going, "Who/What the hell is that?"

My philosophy when editing and QCing is that you have to always think that there's someone out there who won't understand something you want to leave alone. There will always be people like that.

If you want to switch groups, that's fine with me. I'm sorry you didn't like the notes.
I personally appreciate it. There are some references many anime make that I am not familiar of and to see a side note is always great. Thanks!
davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 15:13   Link #87
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie View Post
I personally appreciate it. There are some references many anime make that I am not familiar of and to see a side note is always great. Thanks!
Same goes for me, as long they do not overdo it.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 15:19   Link #88
slidingk1

I thought the SMI sub team did a very good job on this anime keep up the good work.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 15:29   Link #89
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

It seems most of you haven't found out the possible link yet....oh well, here goes, this is what I wrote up on FTV....

Spoiler for For Episode 01:
jcdranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:14   Link #90
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by That1GuyTim View Post

I didn't mind the Led Zep note because I'm certain not everyone knows who they are, but the one for like say...ETA or I think there was another one similar to it seems kinda excessive seeing as they are very very basic acronyms.

But meh doesn't really matter in the end...Over use of notes I would say ranks far behind any of the other things that really affect my enjoyment of a sub. Keep up the good work.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:55   Link #91
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdranzer View Post
It seems most of you haven't found out the possible link yet....oh well, here goes, this is what I wrote up on FTV....

Spoiler for For Episode 01:
Spoiler:
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 17:22   Link #92
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i was in WTF mode at all time for ep 1
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 18:12   Link #93
Xanithor

I believe that it was stated that the anime was original story material, and had no relation to the manga.
Xanithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 20:22   Link #94
Shadow Kira01

Thumbs up 10/10

Spoiler:
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 21:18   Link #95
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
The motorcycle scene was awesome.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 21:27   Link #96
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Show started sick...then good...then amazing...then...wait...so WTF!

Can someone explain to me just who the main crew in this is? Whole ep this dude is badass...then boom...

So who's the main character? and wtf is this show abt
Old 2008-10-08, 22:12   Link #97
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
Can someone explain to me just who the main crew in this is? Whole ep this dude is badass...then boom...

Originally its about bunch of people who had powers to exorcise spirits by using/controlling a Ga-rei, a spiritual chained beast.

As for the main characters, seems like the anime are focussing on the Ministry of Defense, while in the originals, surprise!

Spoiler:
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 22:55   Link #98
Kouvley

Well.....that was unexpected......to put it mildly!

What was turning out to be a somewhat entertaining if a bit generic start to the series just got a whole lot more interesting.

Episode 2 and how they work around this twist will be key to whether this show is worth pursuing.

A couple of quick possibilities:
- this is actually the last ep like someone already pointed out
- new cast comes in
- they get revived somehow
- dream sequence

I can't say I'm too fond of any of those outcomes though, hopefully I'll be pleasantly suprised.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 23:37   Link #99
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post

No one knows... We're all waiting for the second episode, to see where this aniime plans to go.
Might as well get a book of the dead, revive the protagonist as the Necrodiver, and go... *rest omitted*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:04   Link #100
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
First impression: For a moment there, I thought this was "Ghostbusters" anime version...

This episode was great! The action scenes are very appealing! The music and sound effects also makes it sound as if I'm watching a Hollywood movie or something >.>'

And did like um... everyone just got killed? O_o
I don't understand this at all, but I still think it was good...
Wait, no OP or even ED? Um, ok...
Still was good...
Wait what am I talking about, I didn't understand a thing that was going on xD

Category S!!!

Tags
action, shounen