AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 17:49   Link #241
Raiga
tl;dr

Utakata Hanabi was apparently Ryo's first time writing a ballad song. I thought it sounded nice enough TV cut, but I usually like full versions much better so I'm looking forward to that... also the other A-Side, "Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni," can't wait to hear that one.

Gomu... he the guy famous for singing Okkusenman? If so this should be a hardcore rocking theme song.
Old 2010-07-08, 21:30   Link #242
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Utakata Hanabi was apparently Ryo's first time writing a ballad song. I thought it sounded nice enough TV cut, but I usually like full versions much better so I'm looking forward to that... also the other A-Side, "Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni," can't wait to hear that one.

Gomu... he the guy famous for singing Okkusenman? If so this should be a hardcore rocking theme song.
Really?! What about all the other songs he wrote? Especially the one's in "Sayonara Memories"? I'm pretty sure most of his songs were ballads actually... Like the one's in his self-titled album "supercell feat. Hatsune Miku". Can't wait for their new single... I hope it's got a good amount of guitar like his previous single's. Hmmm... I'm interested in hearing "Braveheart" though... Have to post a link when the preview appears.
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 00:06   Link #243
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post
The only early works of Nagi that I have is her cover of Melt... and that's it.
I got almost all of the albums she produced in doujin circles, but some of the REALLY old stuff are just impossible to get *sigh*

Utakata Hanabi was promoted as "ryo's first ballad", I was a bit confused too at first, but perhaps they meant ballad in the Jpop sense. Utakata Hanabi was very like a c/w song you'd find in a Jpop single, while his other slower songs weren't so distinctively mainstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Yes that's him. And IIRC the song would indeed be a rock piece.

Anyway back to BRS. According to Gomu in a nico live this morning, there is no plans for a BRAVEHEART single at the moment.
Old 2010-07-09, 00:19   Link #244
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
I got almost all of the albums she produced in doujin circles, but some of the REALLY old stuff are just impossible to get *sigh*

Utakata Hanabi was promoted as "ryo's first ballad", I was a bit confused too at first, but perhaps they meant ballad in the Jpop sense. Utakata Hanabi was very like a c/w song you'd find in a Jpop single, while his other slower songs weren't so distinctively mainstream.

Yes that's him. And IIRC the song would indeed be a rock piece.

Anyway back to BRS. According to Gomu in a nico live this morning, there is no plans for a BRAVEHEART single at the moment.
Ah yes that would make sense, but really should say his first ballad after his debut because that just confuses everyone. I guess the other ballad's are really sort of a mix of jazz and more upbeat so I agree that it is in the J-pop sense.

As for BRS, no single? You mean if we like it, there's no way of obtaining it ? Maybe part of the OST right? Hopefully...
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 04:39   Link #245
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I take my hat off Huke and Ryo for this. If there is anyone going to get credit it should be them.

With all the fanart, promo's, figures and merchandise this is now again added to my watch list when it airs.
Old 2010-07-10, 09:17   Link #246
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay, due to some reason that I don't know, I lost my reservation for Megami Volume 124. According to Hobby Search, reservation is already closed, and I noticed that my pre-order list and cart is empty.

I don't know if I'm going to get mad or burst into tears.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 10:32   Link #247
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Okay, due to some reason that I don't know, I lost my reservation for Megami Volume 124. According to Hobby Search, reservation is already closed, and I noticed that my pre-order list and cart is empty.

Why can't you preorder from AmiAmi?
Old 2010-07-10, 11:37   Link #248
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'll just leave these 2 here.
Old 2010-07-10, 15:45   Link #249
Raiga
tl;dr

Ouch. See if you can still get it from J-List or something?

I was gonna suggest CDJapan but... well, when I went to check there was 1 left so... I grabbed it. >>;; sorry
Old 2010-07-10, 19:15   Link #250
Kudryavka

Quote:

Then just preorder Animedia. Preorders for that are still open on Hobby Search; it still comes with the DVD.

Also try AmiAmi and Hobby Link Japan for Animedia, Hobby Japan, and/or Megami.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 19:26   Link #251
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby Search
We are suspending shipping to the Philippines, Indonesia and Peru due to credit card trouble.
This pretty much says everything here.

Anyway, trying my luck at AmiAmi, though it would be more expensive because there will be no PayPal discount. By the way, should I select SAL Small Packet Registered for the Shipping Method? o.o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-07-10 at 19:41.
Old 2010-07-10, 19:33   Link #252
Kudryavka

Quote:
This pretty much says everything here.
But that was before they adopted Paypal, right? Is that still in effect?

It's still there, but you can circumvent it by paying with Paypal.
Old 2010-07-10, 19:44   Link #253
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not taking chances, lol. I do have 2000 pesos, but I don't want to have it returned to me after I struggle with the system. XD

EDIT: I'm going for SAL Small Packet Registered. After a few clicks, I got my order finalized! Now I need to get myself a bank account.

Old 2010-07-10, 19:46   Link #254
Kudryavka

Quote:
Not taking chances, lol. I do have 2000 pesos, but I don't want to have it returned to me after I struggle with the system. XD
Well, just buy from Hobby Link Japan with a credit card, I guess.
Old 2010-07-12, 09:31   Link #255
Scython

For those who've missed it;

A new trailer showing some new animation, starts at 0:23
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 09:59   Link #256
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
I wish the one shooting didn't talk too much.

Anyways looks awesome.

I bet this will get licensed quick
Old 2010-07-13, 11:46   Link #257
Scython

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
^
I wish the one shooting didn't talk too much.

Anyways looks awesome.

I bet this will get licensed quick
It will be a free OVA translated in 7 languages which will be available for us on the same day as the Japanese release. I believe it will also be streamed in HQ on the official site of BRS, which will also be subbed. The DVD itself shall be available as an extra for those who buy the September edition of Megami Magazine.
Old 2010-07-14, 00:29   Link #258
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scython View Post
It will be a free OVA translated in 7 languages which will be available for us on the same day as the Japanese release. I believe it will also be streamed in HQ on the official site of BRS, which will also be subbed. The DVD itself shall be available as an extra for those who buy the September edition of Megami Magazine.
And Hobby Japan too. Geez, are we all allergic to mags not filled with moe or something? I just may get HJ b/c it comes w/ a custom DVD cover.
Old 2010-07-14, 01:48   Link #259
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

No turning back for me, I've confirmed my Megami order.
But losing a custom DVD cover is a good trade-off for an Angel Beats! poster. <3

EDIT: Black★Rock Shooter Update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Official Site (translated)
Here are the translated descriptions (and/or additional info) for the five available characters for Black★Rock Shooter.

> Kuroi Mato
Voiced by Kana Hanazawa
She is a first year student in middle school who has an outward appearance which is contrasted by her naivete. She and Yomi met at the school's entrance ceremony. Mato, however, feels uneasy greeting her.

> Takanashi Yomi
Voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro
Yomi is a first year middle school student with beauty comparable to an adult's. She meets Mato for the first time in the school's entrance ceremony by chance.

> Black★Rock Shooter
Her weapons consist of a black-hilted katana and a large gun called Rock Cannon. The Rock Cannon has a rate of fire of 20 shots per second.

> Dead Master
Her weapon of choice is a large scythe with an unusually-shaped blade and a long handle with vertebra-like detail. It is named "Dead Scythe". It is said that she is always in constant battle with Black★Rock Shooter.

> Yuu
Voiced by Kana Asumi
She is a close friend of Mato and, for some time, she is her classmate before being accelerated to second year.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-07-14 at 02:24.
Old 2010-07-14, 11:30   Link #260
Scython

MAL also listed Black★Gold Saw, Insane Black★Rock Shooter and STR in the character section for some reason. Both BGS & STR have supposedly been spotted in the anime preview but I assume this is now incorrect information since those characters haven't been officially announced. So I assume they have scrapped their entry or gave them a very insignificant support role. Would've been incredibly awesome if they did show up though, but probably also a bit overwhelming for a 50 min. episode. Perhaps a little something to think about if there will be a second OVA in the future.

They might pull off something like they do with Hellsing Ultimate. A 1-hour OVA a year. But perhaps, if this is really successful, we might be looking at a full series, although I hope they will get a decent studio & budget for that. Would be nasty to see some half-assed job, since this kind of franchise really has it going for its eye candy.

Last edited by Scython; 2010-07-14 at 12:42.