AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-11, 22:10   Link #20061
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Western forces kill 15 civilians in Afghanistan: Kabul government
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82A02V20120311
It won't help thing there but I wouldn't be surprised if the impact wil be less than the last ''Koran burning''.
I found this on a forum:

Yeah, because we should unlawfully retaliate to the morons who killed over the Koran burning, especially by shooting those "barbarian" CHILDREN and women in their homes and in their beds. You know, those "barbarian" children (all 9 of them) and women who are completely innocent. And HOW DARE the president apologize for that. That stupid Muslim Obama. He is no good. Never was. Even before he took office. *shakes fist angrily*

Seriously, I'm getting real sick of some of the people in my country.

And also, lady, people were very mad about the Afghans killing over Korans being burnt.
Old 2012-03-11, 22:29   Link #20062
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
This story has changed. Now it is a single U.S. Soldier who went house to house on a killing spree.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/11/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

He should face a firing squad, but a Marine in Iraq got demoted and his pay cut for killing 24 Iraqi civilians.

No wonder the entire world despises us.
I say we start by giving this guy to the Afghan authorities... no, I don't care if he "had a breakdown". Many other soldiers will pay terrible prices for his few hours of cowardly executions of children and their families.
Old 2012-03-11, 22:54   Link #20063
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I read this at another forum:

Quote:
I really don't know what to say. I want to think he was unstable. But my gut tells his instability is racism and hatred.
Also, other articles say it was more than one soldier. If so, three or four of them got their weapons, got clearance from the MP, snuck into the village, and did the massacre. Coordinated and premeditated. If it wasn't "just a guy snapping" but a coordinated attack by multiple soldiers, these guys are soldiers anymore, they are terrorists themselves. When you go and shoot children and women in their beds because they are the ethnic background of your enemy, yeah, you're a terrorist.

Whoever did this, whether it was one guy or multiple people, they probably deserve to be turned over to the Afghans, but let us never do that. You know, with the extreme Obama haters in this country, their heads would explode with fury over that. Not like we would do that, anyway. I read that one guy has been charged so far. 24 years for 3 civilian deaths. So he will rack up many more years for 16 civilian deaths.

Also, reuters reported that some of the bodies of the children were lit on fire. Probably an attempt to hide the evidence. Or just more hateful, spiteful actions taken after they already killed them.

I know that a lot of those people are psychologically messed up from the war, but this is never justified, and their instability might just really be, in large part, racism and hatred.
Old 2012-03-11, 23:27   Link #20064
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I read this at another forum:

Also, other articles say it was more than one soldier. If so, three or four of them got their weapons, got clearance from the MP, snuck into the village, and did the massacre. Coordinated and premeditated. If it wasn't "just a guy snapping" but a coordinated attack by multiple soldiers, these guys are soldiers anymore, they are terrorists themselves. When you go and shoot children and women in their beds because they are the ethnic background of your enemy, yeah, you're a terrorist.

Whoever did this, whether it was one guy or multiple people, they probably deserve to be turned over to the Afghans, but let us never do that. You know, with the extreme Obama haters in this country, their heads would explode with fury over that. Not like we would do that, anyway. I read that one guy has been charged so far. 24 years for 3 civilian deaths. So he will rack up many more years for 16 civilian deaths.

Also, reuters reported that some of the bodies of the children were lit on fire. Probably an attempt to hide the evidence. Or just more hateful, spiteful actions taken after they already killed them.

I know that a lot of those people are psychologically messed up from the war, but this is never justified, and their instability might just really be, in large part, racism and hatred.

Considering the Marine who murdered 24 civilians was only demoted, I doubt anything harsh will occur. No one ever punishes their own troops for killing the people of the nation the occupy.
Old 2012-03-11, 23:31   Link #20065
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Considering the Marine who murdered 24 civilians was only demoted, I doubt anything harsh will occur. No one ever punishes their own troops for killing the people of the nation the occupy.
And boy that burns in many people because we know that other soldiers will be targeted because of that twit.
Old 2012-03-12, 07:41   Link #20066
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And boy that burns in many people because we know that other soldiers will be targeted because of that twit.
Maybe they should do it WWII Red Army style.....get someone to ID all the troublemakers, line them up, and shoot them with your Takorev one-by-one.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-03-12, 10:42   Link #20067
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Maybe they should do it WWII Red Army style.....get someone to ID all the troublemakers, line them up, and shoot them with your Takorev one-by-one.
The media would like this, and the republican would have something a bit stronger than usual to use against Obama.
Old 2012-03-12, 11:42   Link #20068
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Not really. The jail terms seem short for murder though.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:26   Link #20069
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The stabbed governor of Sarawak

Interesting history lesson.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:45   Link #20070
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Not really. The jail terms seem short for murder though.
Must be a branch thing. They killed three civilians and got 24(Still a short term), a Marine killed 24 and got demoted.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:50   Link #20071
flying ^

Quote:
Western forces kill 15 civilians in Afghanistan: Kabul government
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82A02V20120311
It won't help thing there but I wouldn't be surprised if the impact wil be less than the last ''Koran burning''.
can't wait for U.S. to pull outta there and declare VICTORY!

i mean c'mon... the real reason to get in there was already ACCOMPLISHED like driving out alQuaeda and killing OBL and that's it! Nation-building Afghanistan was totally necessary since they're content with 12th century lifestyle under Taliban. And the hold-up in afghan/pakistan theater's the reason why U.S. can't yet do a victory parade and party hard like it's 1991!
Old 2012-03-12, 12:54   Link #20072
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Must be a branch thing. They killed three civilians and got 24(Still a short term), a Marine killed 24 and got demoted.
24 years is short? That seems to be a very strange notion of sentence lengths.....
Old 2012-03-12, 12:56   Link #20073
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
24 years is short? That seems to be a very strange notion of sentence lengths.....
for killing 3 people? yes that is short. In Civilian court that is Death penalty or life without parole.
Old 2012-03-12, 12:59   Link #20074
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
What are the odds the suspects name is never made public or it takes an independent investigation to force the U.S military to come out with the guys name?
Old 2012-03-12, 13:03   Link #20075
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
for killing 3 people? yes that is short. In Civilian court that is Death penalty or life without parole.
You forgot that there was the plea deal, never mind that this was a military trial. Within the actual process of the trial, 24 years is actually a pretty long sentence.

Also, the ringleader, Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs, was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 10 years minus the 547 days of pretrial confinement.
Old 2012-03-12, 13:05   Link #20076
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
What are the odds the suspects name is never made public or it takes an independent investigation to force the U.S military to come out with the guys name?
the name of the guy is already,

Last Name Wilson, form Washington. Can't remember the first name but it is out there. Some other info leak said he was a Seal.
Old 2012-03-12, 13:27   Link #20077
flying ^

looks like someone has the estimated date on when will Chinese economy hit the brick wall and limp out Japanese-style if decisive change of course is not made...

It is interesting to play with a bit of history. Both Japan and Korea suffered their crises roughly 35 years after the Asian development model was switched on — the early 1950s to ’89 in Japan, and 1962 to ’97 in Korea. That puts a China crisis at around 2014-15 or so. I’m not predicting a firm date here. What I am saying is that China is running out of time to fix the problems of its economy.

http://business.time.com/2012/02/27/...icle-editpicks
Old 2012-03-12, 13:35   Link #20078
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Some other info leak said he was a Seal.
If it's true, it won't be good for the image for this elite group.
Old 2012-03-12, 13:38   Link #20079
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
And HOW DARE the president apologize for that. That stupid Muslim Obama. He is no good. Never was. Even before he took office. *shakes fist angrily*
don't hold back...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1338990.html

Old 2012-03-12, 16:01   Link #20080
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
If it's true, it won't be good for the image for this elite group.
Well, gunning down several unarmed people in Pakistan to catch a man on dialysis was probably not in the best of images. I'd imagine Act of Valor was made to try and increase the image for the SEALs.

Delta Force is America's best and most professional special operations force anyways. Leave the serious stuff to them.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international