AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-11, 03:18   Link #81
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
So Dengeki interviewed Kamachi regarding A Simple Survey, and courtesy of js06 here's the translations save for some parts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
Kamachi interview about A Simple Survey:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/518/518972/

-Tell us what led to this novel being made.
My stock of story ideas had reached a certain level, and I was getting more and more ideas that I could not fit into a current series but also lacked the punch needed to create a new series, so I was wondering if there was any way I could use them.

Also, for a while I had kind of wanted to write a novel with some kind of nonsensical construction where a standard "table of contents" could not be used. I decided this was the perfect opportunity, so I combined the two ideas.

-What was the hardest thing about writing this?
This is related to the gimmick at the core of the story, but I think that was tying together things that seem to have no relation at first. Also, I did not go the simple and easy-to-understand route when it comes to that core of the story, and it was certainly difficult creating those connections without explicitly stating some things.

-How long did it take you to write it?
If you are talking about the direct work to "bring it all into the form of a story", a few months to half a year, I suppose. Unlike my other work, I would use any spare time I had to tie together the ideas I had stocked up. If you are talking about how long it took to come up with all the ideas, I suppose it took years.

-What is your favorite scene?
The "Table of Contents". I won't get into the details of the gimmick, but I used it in a different way than normal, so that was my favorite part.

-Tell is in simple terms what you plan to do from now on.
As far as this novel is concerned, I honestly have no idea. But it might be important to experience that kind of thing.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-08-11, 03:32   Link #82
desrtsku
Nympholept

Baka-suki's back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
-Tell is in simple terms what you plan to do from now on.
As far as this novel is concerned, I honestly have no idea. But it might be important to experience that kind of thing.
Oh, so it was basically kind of difficult for him to write this heh, ... but that "I honestly have no idea" part kind of scares me ...
Old 2012-08-11, 03:58   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I sort of laughed when they say 'Tell us in simple term'

Quote:
I did not go the simple and easy-to-understand route when it comes to that core of the story
Of course not >.>

I don't think this would become a new series or anything, but eventually Kamachi is going to climax his ideas capacity again and would need an outlet to blow his load off...

...Yeah, you heard me.
Old 2012-08-11, 04:27   Link #84
desrtsku
Nympholept

In the most peculiar case, It might end up with Kamachi releasing his own "Private Magazine" with series all written by himself >.>
Old 2012-08-11, 22:39   Link #85
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Alright. You Kozue people, rejoice, it's now done.

Old 2012-08-11, 22:49   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Alright. You Kozue people, rejoice, it's now done.
Somehow, I'm almost afraid to look...
Old 2012-08-11, 22:52   Link #87
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Somehow, I'm almost afraid to look...
*looks at you in the face, eye to eye*

R.E.A.D.

Old 2012-08-12, 02:42   Link #88
desrtsku
Nympholept

Off-topic : ^ How did you change your name?

On-topic : hahaha
Old 2012-08-12, 02:43   Link #89
Ashaman

"Do you even have classes in this building?"

"That is beside the point."

Stalker alert.

Hmm, so while Harumi's focused on the people, Hotaru's on the production, Kozue's focused on the absurdities themselves.

At a guess, I'd have to say Aisu's will focus on the professor.
Old 2012-08-12, 03:40   Link #90
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Stalker alert.

Hmm, so while Harumi's focused on the people, Hotaru's on the production, Kozue's focused on the absurdities themselves.

At a guess, I'd have to say Aisu's will focus on the professor.
... Err, actually, you don't need to guess that, it has been pointed out for you:

Spoiler for Introduction To The Participants:

Old 2012-08-12, 09:55   Link #91
desrtsku
Nympholept

Finished it at last! I did a straightforward path down to Kozue (and I was expecting one of the two blonde's ending ... how inconvenient) ... I'm also surprised the most "delicious" ending so far is Hotaru's o.O
Old 2012-08-12, 11:32   Link #92
Shiyumi

Those short storys was awesome and hilarious at first, but now, somehow it's getting creepy and scary! Maybe Kamachi trolls us and this actually a horror story or the short storys has made me become paranoid.
Old 2012-08-12, 12:59   Link #93
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
Those short storys was awesome and hilarious at first, but now, somehow it's getting creepy and scary! Maybe Kamachi trolls us and this actually a horror story or the short storys has made me become paranoid.
The most intriguing in which
Spoiler for about the stories:

Old 2012-08-12, 19:13   Link #94
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Has Kamachi been watching the twilight zone or something?

How has 2ch and their ilks been taking this sudden twist in atmosphere ?
Old 2012-08-13, 15:50   Link #95
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I was away for a while, and just as I finish catching up on the first three "ends" the new one is finished

So the professor was recruiting for something huh? But what is up with the girl with the white hair

Hopefully more will be explained in the afterword
Old 2012-08-13, 17:21   Link #96
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

... Wow. Just wow... Kamachi sure can write fanservice that detracts everyone to the main issue at hand rather than as an attraction...

Old 2012-08-13, 19:59   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Harumi's case was a weird mix of LOL moments and creepiness I really don't know whether to laugh or to gulp If you think about it, that stuff was right beside his home... And it was freaking moving and moaning.

Hotaru's case was a weird mix of fanservice and creepiness, but at least it's separated. Anzai is more of a harem protagonist in this one. But the one thing I don't get is how did Hotaru came to the conclusion that this is a grey fiction
Old 2012-08-13, 22:18   Link #98
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Afterwords is out, [A Simple Survey] is now officially translated

*within the first 1 minute*

Quote:
I have a feeling this afterword is going to use the term “moe” more than any of my previous ones, but the primary themes in this book were moe and love comedy, so there is no use running from it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA....!!!
Old 2012-08-13, 22:26   Link #99
tsunade666

lol the one quoted by Chaoz in the afterword really broke the dam of laughter on me.

Really Kamachi? are you serious with what your saying MOE LOL LOL HAHAHA WWWWWW
Old 2012-08-13, 23:55   Link #100
Miraluka
Banned

Well, it seems Miki has been influencing Kamachi to put more "moe antics" on his series -___-;.
Closed Thread