AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-12, 13:06   Link #2181
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for accel:
Spoiler for vol 20:

@Mr. Terrorist, I'd think it'd be interesting, i felt the story left out a lot, so many possibilities then i guess

As for all this building talk, yea...wouldn't be the first time TAMNI did something that contradicted the laws of science, meh
On the other hand, it is cool how physics tricks can work
Old 2010-03-12, 13:33   Link #2182
tsunade666

[QUOTE=SoggySoyBean;2955048]
Spoiler for vol 20:

/QUOTE]

He did tried to save her. Not killing is saving in Accel's dictionary but MW goes suicidal mode when she can't complete her mission. That makes Accel go wild.
Old 2010-03-12, 13:34   Link #2183
Miraluka
Banned

Volume 7 chapter 4 complete
Old 2010-03-12, 13:49   Link #2184
giorno

oh, i'm so in love with Teh_Ping
Old 2010-03-12, 16:21   Link #2185
sandman64

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
oh, i'm so in love with Teh_Ping
Teh_Ping finished all the chapters and now the Epilogue is at 30%! AMAZING
Old 2010-03-12, 17:48   Link #2186
redadonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
'Experience'? Sounds like it's referring to Touma than Imagine Breaker... I mean, what kind of experience does it need?

Hey, a thought just occured to me- Maybe the Holy Stone in his hand is somehow making Touma more stronger and resilience. I mean, between the events of volume 7 to 12, Touma has been in and out of the hospital three times, while the injuries that Kuroko and Himegami took kept them in the hospital all this while...

If the Holy Stone is a divine Artifact, maybe it's trying to protect it's host?
Terra was referring to touma actually, he even joked about touma losing his memories and it caught touma off guard. (also mikoto) After touma confirmed that he indeed lost his memories terra started explain to touma what IB really is, he was only able to give out hint like "Think about why that power is on you right hand" before one of the 6 wing used crater blade on him. He escaped though, but didn't finish explaining things to touma.

If you take account on how touma don't have a solid personal reality and the fact he's branded as a lv0, then the key to powering up IB could indeed be training touma's mentality. (getting higher calculation ability to speed up the IB's process or strengthen PR to allow it to have a wider effective area are my guesses.)

Don't think the stone would do anything, index did say that IB's existence it's self was twisting/destroying the balance/order of the current system constantly on a small scale. My guess is that touma's own existence is altered by IB and is some what close to saints or ethereal been. Heaven canceler was pretty amazed that the right arm was able to be reattached back perfectly after been sliced off and commented "Is you body made out of fantasy?"..... that might just have been right.
Old 2010-03-12, 18:18   Link #2187
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redadonis View Post
Terra was referring to touma actually, he even joked about touma losing his memories and it caught touma off guard. (also mikoto) After touma confirmed that he indeed lost his memories terra started explain to touma what IB really is, he was only able to give out hint like "Think about why that power is on you right hand" before one of the 6 wing used crater blade on him. He escaped though, but didn't finish explaining things to touma.

If you take account on how touma don't have a solid personal reality and the fact he's branded as a lv0, then the key to powering up IB could indeed be training touma's mentality. (getting higher calculation ability to speed up the IB's process or strengthen PR to allow it to have a wider effective area are my guesses.)

Don't think the stone would do anything, index did say that IB's existence it's self was twisting/destroying the balance/order of the current system constantly on a small scale. My guess is that touma's own existence is altered by IB and is some what close to saints or ethereal been. Heaven canceler was pretty amazed that the right arm was able to be reattached back perfectly after been sliced off and commented "Is you body made out of fantasy?"..... that might just have been right.
Even getting a higher calculation ability won't change the things, Aleister once time said that Touma is erasing the AIM field of his surroundings at a high speed and the espers are AIM based.

Of course Terra also said that only people like saints are born with an abnormal luck(a good luck) and the you have Touma(blessed with suck). If Touma is called "Holy Stone" that would mean that the nature of his power(which ironically radicates on his right hand, something with a deep meaning for the Christianism) has a godlike/divine nature.
Old 2010-03-12, 19:05   Link #2188
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If Touma is called "Holy Stone" that would mean that the nature of his power(which ironically radicates on his right hand, something with a deep meaning for the Christianism) has a godlike/divine nature.
What Touma said in TAMnI episode 1.
Both guesses but hey, there might be some truth to it. lol
Old 2010-03-12, 19:30   Link #2189
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
What Touma said in TAMnI episode 1.
Both guesses but hey, there might be some truth to it. lol
Both Fiamma and Touma's power are on their right hand.
Old 2010-03-12, 19:33   Link #2190
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean
@Mr. Terrorist, I'd think it'd be interesting, i felt the story left out a lot, so many possibilities then i guess
@SoggySoyBean
Sorry for asking but are you talking about the fanfic i was thinking of writing?
Old 2010-03-12, 19:36   Link #2191
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The pope is GAR o_ó.
Who would have thought?

Quote:
I thought it was one of the powers of Michael's boss.
No there was something about the 'Holy Stone' being a similiar power to the 'Holy Right'...

Quote:
Touma showed a great evasion skill, well.... after fighting people like Carrisa and Aqua.... -_-; sure it was a good training for him.
Nagasumi defense - Level 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for mikoto:

True story; Touma can be seen on CNN about the war in Iraq. In fact, he's probably there in every bad, bad conflict in the world today.

But the other hand, that's sweet, since when did they start calling each other ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
i've been saying this over and over...the problem is, with that amount of energy, not just the concrete wall, chances are JAPAN should get blown apart and the result would be a world-wide catastrophe....
Maybe the Windowless building really did absorb all that impact to save Japan.

Quote:

Doesn't make sense, Imagine Breaker isn't an AIM power, so calculations and personal reality wouldn't matter to him. If experience refers to either Touma or his power, does that mean with more spells or abilities that he destroys, the more effective his Imagine Breaker becomes?
Old 2010-03-12, 20:10   Link #2192
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Who would have thought?
But the other hand, that's sweet, since when did they start calling each other ?
Mikoto did buy that couple's cellphone package for Gekota with Touma.
Old 2010-03-12, 20:52   Link #2193
redadonis

Quote:
Doesn't make sense, Imagine Breaker isn't an AIM power, so calculations and personal reality wouldn't matter to him. If experience refers to either Touma or his power, does that mean with more spells or abilities that he destroys, the more effective his Imagine Breaker becomes?
Doesn't have to be AIM or magical based, personal reality works for both sides (like when index told komoe to imagine a angel) and calculation ability is like spell circles/magical text. They are just states of mind.... they both reinforces mental states and influences on both systems allowing greater control and raising potencys.

About IB becomes more powerful by destroying attacks.... maybe it's like that. But touma has destroyed quite a few powerful artifacts and pope level attacks mixed with lv5 redirection + weekly railgun shots, that hasn't done much to IB at all.....

Well, my theory is based on how touma have direct influences on IB like fia's holy right. Not too sure if touma could actually affect IB atm though.

Also if you refer to the likes of gunha sogiita or himegami as "holy stone" then I think that's a mistranslation. Since the original is 原石 which roughly translates to original stone or uncut gem.
Old 2010-03-12, 21:10   Link #2194
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Doesn't have to be AIM or magical based, personal reality works for both sides (like when index told komoe to imagine a angel) and calculation ability is like spell circles/magical text. They are just states of mind.... they both reinforces mental states and influences on both systems allowing greater control and raising potencys.
The magic borrows the power from "another world" which doesn't follow the rules of this one.

Quote:
About IB becomes more powerful by destroying attacks.... maybe it's like that. But touma has destroyed quite a few powerful artifacts and pope level attacks mixed with lv5 redirection + weekly railgun shots, that hasn't done much to IB at all.....

Well, my theory is based on how touma have direct influences on IB like fia's holy right. Not too sure if touma could actually affect IB atm though.
Well, Gabriel(who only is scared of God) shouldn't be worried of touching Touma's right hand .

Quote:
Also if you refer to the likes of gunha sogiita or himegami as "holy stone" then I think that's a mistranslation. Since the original is 原石 which roughly translates to original stone or uncut gem.
No, those are gemstones, natural born espers and both of them are AIM based.
Old 2010-03-12, 21:18   Link #2195
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The term 'Personal Reality' is solely for Esper powers. I myself prefer to call it the 'AIM diffusion field', just so to avoid confusion.

Also, in volume 10, it's noted that not all magicians can do what Index did, like knowing the positions of celestial bodies instantly.

Quote:

The thing is, we don't even know what the Holy Right does

Quote:
Nono, I'm not refering to the 'gemstones', which are natural born Espers. Holy Stone refers to Imagine Breaker and Imaginer Breaker alone.

Fiamma of the Right: "The holy stone that symbolises all powers of miracles, no matter it be magic or the demonic arts, it will destroy all without differentiating between them. Even in the past it has sealed the demon king Satan into hell for thousand years, the power of the Right that let the human realm have a thousand year of peace... "

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-03-12 at 21:30.
Old 2010-03-12, 21:22   Link #2196
redadonis

Quote:
The magic borrows the power from "another world" which doesn't follow the rules of this one.

Well, Gabriel(who only is scared of God) shouldn't be worried of touching Touma's right hand .

No, those are gemstones, natural born espers and both of them are AIM based.
It's not about how power and magic works, it's about how they are controlled.

Gabriel and other angels are pure telesma been in to aru verse and IB erases AIM and telesma. Just like how hyouka instinctively avoids IB like the plague and it would only be natural for gabriel to do the same.

So when was touma been called "holy stone"? Don't remember him been called holy before. Only some people think he's a gem because IB is weird like the rest of gems and that touma is born with IB.

Quote:
Fiamma of the Right: "The holy stone that symbolises all powers of miracles, no matter it be magic or the demonic arts, it will destroy all without differentiating between them. Even in the past it has sealed the demon king Satan into hell for thousand years, the power of the Right that let the human realm have a thousand year of peace... "
Didn't fia say that after commenting on the holy right? After that he mentions that he has the power of "miracle of the right hand". Also that's a mistranslation for sure.... the original is 聖なる右, looks like the translator got 石 "stone" and 右 "right" mixed up.

Last edited by redadonis; 2010-03-12 at 21:34.
Old 2010-03-12, 21:34   Link #2197
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

So when was touma been called "holy stone"? Don't remember him been called holy before. Only some people think he's a gem because IB is weird like the rest of gems and that touma is born with IB.
By Fiamma of the Right, vol 16.

Quote:
I don't remember Aleister calling Touma a gemstone, but I remember Fiamma calling Touma the Holy Stone in the vol.16.
Spoiler for Fiamma:
Old 2010-03-12, 21:37   Link #2198
redadonis

Quote:
By Fiamma of the Right, vol 16.
Read the last bit of my previous post, I edited some stuff in
Old 2010-03-12, 21:42   Link #2199
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Didn't fia say that after commenting on the holy right? After that he mentions that he has the power of "miracle of the right hand". Also that's a mistranslation for sure.... the original is 聖なる右, looks like the translator got 石 "stone" and 右 "right" mixed up.
It wouldn't explain the description of "no matter it be magic or the demonic arts, it will destroy all without differentiating between them."
Old 2010-03-12, 21:48   Link #2200
redadonis

Quote:
It wouldn't explain the description of "no matter it be magic or the demonic arts, it will destroy all without differentiating between them."
Because the original didn't use the word magic, the first word in place of magic is roughly translated to blasphemous arts/crafts and the second more fitting as it's evil arts.

It's still referring to the right hand though, I can upload the original scan for you if you want.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen