AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-08, 14:58   Link #61
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFumo View Post
Said camrips are a desperate last resort. A last resort I will probably end up resorting to, as I am desperate.
I just realized that if you're dedicated enough to learn Japanese in 6 months just for this movie, being desperate enough to watch a camrip is a given. <_<
Old 2009-10-08, 15:06   Link #62
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Oh movie... Wat's up?..

If KyoAni screws this movie up, there will be hell to pay for how long we been waiting for Disappearance.

Here's a question for all of you....

What comes first? The Haruhi movie DVD, or novel 10? Since both seem to be in the works without any listed dates....
Old 2009-10-08, 15:08   Link #63
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I like the question 'Which comes first: subs for the movie or the official English release of novel 4?' myself. lol

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:12   Link #64
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Will this lead to their being forgiven? Maybe. Depends on how good it is.

It will sell out. Even with the suspected DVD sales of the current series being depressed, this movie will sell out. Specifically because this is what the fanbase has been waiting for the last three years...and by then it will be almost four years, depending on the actual release date.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:14   Link #65
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Next year = craploads of anime movies:

Fate UBW
Nanoha
Gundam 00
Haruhi Disappearance
Macross Frontier Movie 2
Eden of East
Bungaku Shoujo
Broken Blade
Hetalia
The Space Show

*shudder*

And I thought there's a lot this year already (Eureka, Eva #2, Summer Wars, Gurren Lagann, Kara no Kyoukai series, Macross F movie one coming in November)

Are anime movies the new trend of the industry (/me throws a look at the sorry state that is Fall & Winter 2009 season)
Old 2009-10-08, 15:14   Link #66
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Now we know, the article was indirectly promoting the movie, except the NT magazine wasn't allowed to talk about it until AFTER the last episode of the re-run finishes.
Actually, Newtype comes out on Saturday so there might be an article about it in there. The amount of planning that has happened with Newtype and Haruhi is actually kinda absurd. E8 ended just the day as NT came out with an E8 article, ditto for Sighs, ditto for the show. And this is a monthly magazine so the time is pure luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Is it just me or was that just about the blandest lamest trailer humanly possible? I mean we're talking sub-eroge level here as far as actual movement goes.
There is no movement. It's a multi-directional pan over a still frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
I like the question 'Which comes first: subs for the movie or the official English release of novel 4?' myself. lol
The novel will be out in 1 year. That we already know.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:15   Link #67
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Well, this raises an interesting question: once they've animated the most anticipated arc from the novels so far, what comes next? If we pull a Taniguchi and say "Disappearance" is an AA+ arc, then what constitutes the A+ level beneath that as far as interest across the general fanbase goes?
Old 2009-10-08, 15:19   Link #68
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
The novel will be out in 1 year. That we already know.
Yeah, I'm just guessing that there's a possibility that the two will be out at around the same time. It would certainly make for an interesting situation. It is possible that only I see it that way, though. lol

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:19   Link #69
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
What comes first? The Haruhi movie DVD, or novel 10? Since both seem to be in the works without any listed dates....
The novel, of course. Taniguchi's been given a long break to refresh himself, so I bet that he's going to go extra fast and the next few volumes will be pumped out at the same rate as the first three (Once per three months or so).

EDIT: Tanigawa, even.

Quote:
Well, this raises an interesting question: once they've animated the most anticipated arc from the novels so far, what comes next? If we pull a Taniguchi and say "Disappearance" is an AA+ arc, then what constitutes the A+ level beneath that as far as interest across the general fanbase goes?
Good question. Disappearance is far and away the most anticipated arc, but I think Dissociation looks like a better story, honestly.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:24   Link #70
sarahwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Everything but the date. EVERYTHING BUT THE DATE. That's worse than being completely wrong.
Well, there is always still the small chance that this trailer is a troll and the actual movie will be released in December this year.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:28   Link #71
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Why would they have a troll in a teaser that aired right after there own show?
Old 2009-10-08, 15:28   Link #72
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Judging from the date of release for Gurren Lagann Movie 2 DVD (Spring in theatres, December on DVD) it would be a fair guess that Disappearance DVDs will be out December 18, 2010.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:33   Link #73
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

This announcement you can take it that it's surprising or "are you for real"? I won't believe anything from Kadokawa after the numerous times they trolled the fanbase until the movie actually materialize and start screening in theaters.

I would rather prefer 5-6 episodes to cover Disappearence, but whatever... The movie can do the same since it would be the same length as a movies anyways, but it will take awhile until the DVD comes out so everyone can watch it.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:38   Link #74
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Really, the only differences between six episodes and a two hour movie are the fact that the movie would have a higher budget and would be more tightly tuned to keep the story flowing cohesively, rather than cutting things up into distinct segments.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:44   Link #75
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88

I hope they put other new episodes first XD (or they'll put something Haruhi to buy some time for the disappearance Ex: Suzumiya Haruhi-chan)

Old 2009-10-08, 15:47   Link #76
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

I could see KyoAni picking up the gender-bender ball and running with it for a second generation of filler.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:47   Link #77
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Will this lead to their being forgiven? Maybe. Depends on how good it is.
It really does more than you can possibly imagine...at least for me. I'm looking for honest to god effort at making something interesting to watch and hear instead of just more pandering to the core moe otaku fanbase in Japan and a reliance on viral marketing and hype as usual. If this movie has some actual effort outside of the occasional glamour shot then I'll be willing to go back to the status quo and actually have expectations for works coming out of Kyoani.

If they can't do something as simple as that then........well..........

Anyway to be a little more positive I guess I can say that as bland as the teaser trailer is it's decidely non-bullshit advertising so that's already a start in the right direction.....I guess. It doesn't get me excited, but it doesn't put me off immediately either and actually has me awaiting another trailer to see what the deal is. How almost normal of them......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Controversy View Post
I could see KyoAni picking up the gender-bender ball and running with it for a second generation of filler.
Absolutely not please. Like I said and I believe Triple_R agreed with me, enough with the gimmicks, let's just do proper quality adaptations of the core source material like the company is supposedly known for being the king of. A back to the basics approach that made the franchise successful in the first place would mean no mining the doujin market and selling it back to fans, which basically also means no more Haruhi-Chan, Churuya-Chan or any Kyonko like ideas for the time being. I know they said they think that Haruhi can be a meta-franchise like Gundam and transcend the otaku subculture, but they can't rush something like that like they've been trying to do. If they want another shot at the mainstream then they ought to reestablish the base of the core franchise before they expand, otherwise it will all collapse on them very rapidly again for all but the die hard core fanbase.....viral marketing and gimmickery or not.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:52   Link #78
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It really does more than you can possibly imagine...at least for me. I'm looking for honest to god effort at making something interesting to watch and hear instead of just more pandering to the core moe otaku fanbase in Japan and a reliance on viral marketing and hype as usual. If this movie has some actual effort outside of the occasional glamour shot then I'll be willing to go back to the status quo and actually have expectations for works coming out of Kyoani.

If they can't do something as simple as that then........well..........

Anyway to be a little more positive I guess I can say that as bland as the teaser trailer is it's decidely non-bullshit advertising so that's already a start in the right direction.....I guess. It doesn't get me excited, but it doesn't put me off immediately either and actually has me awaiting another trailer to see what the deal is. How almost normal of them......
I think your concerns should be laid to rest by this reveal. After all, if your frustration is at the recent output of KyoAni, it doesn't hurt to note that now we know that their real focus has been this project. Now yes, it says something about them overall that they'd half-produce things to fill in the gaps, but at the same time, they're also more likely to give this some serious blood, sweat and tears.

This is going to be a learning experience for the studio, and I think going forward they're more likely to move with even greater effort than was placed into Suzumiya 2006 because of what has happened when they've failed to break their backs for a piece.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:56   Link #79
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Ah, now I'm happy
Even if it is going to be fail (or not.) I will still enjoy it.
Be happy for what you get.
Old 2009-10-08, 15:58   Link #80
TakariCritic

I... I thought to myself today "Hey, I haven't checked on Haruhi since Sighs ended, might as well check in to see what's happening" And I find this.

MOTHER F***KER!
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen