AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 63 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 34.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 16.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-03, 20:39   Link #161
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol I like the brand name comparisons that are going on here. K-On does always have a habit of implementing famous brand name products (usually expensive ones) into their show. I just loved that whole entir e "teacher" complex. How the scene suddenly traversed into an epic scenario, where the teacher was pulling out all these aerobic/parkour-like moves just to rip a picture out of the album. Frankly, it was hilarious to watch her do all that, and then Ritsu totally killed her on the spot.
Old 2009-05-03, 20:56   Link #162
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I have always wondered since reading that scene in the manga, how the hell do you play guitar with your mouth?
Like already said, you play it with your front teeth...Blues guitarists T-Bone Walker and later Buddy Guy were said to have been the first to do it, with Jimi Hendrix popularizing it...

Here's the Hendrix solo to "Hey Guy" that shows him playing it with his teeth...

This is Zakk Wylde's 8-minute solo, during a Budokan show with Ozzy Osbourne, where at 2:43 is another demonstration of playing guitar with the teeth...

By the way, is it even remotely proper to consider Sawako musically-inclined enough to be the band's adviser?

As for the episode, I found it pretty enjoyable...It's more musically-centered than the last episode, but it's not as though it adds anything, just puts back attention the madness that is the Light Music Club...

It looks like we're finally seeing the band form up to what it's predicted to be in the opening/ending themes...Despite all of Mio's own natural talents, I can't help but feel sorry for her, since this has been the second time she's been drafted practically against her will by Ritsu; First to be a founding member in a band for the music club, and second to be the band's vocalist...What else could she possibly force on her; A lazy French maid outfit? Oh, wait, not yet...

Mio looked pretty nice with her hair in that ponytail too...I'm using that hairstyle for my fanart of Mio now; It looks way too cute...

Sawako's final GWAR-like band outfit threw me off-course, though...Just how the hell did the on-stage persona evolve into that?

And I really can't think much of Tsumugi's alleged lesbian thoughts; She has a couple odd and quiet personality quirks to her that I don't even think this could throw me off that much...

By the way, for all legal intents and purposes, Tsumugi is only allegedly a lesbian, because that can't be proven at this point...We don't want defamation lawsuits filed against us, now do we? No.
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-05-03, 23:01   Link #163
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Paul Gilbert plays with his teeth way better!

Spoiler:

Last edited by vedicardi; 2009-05-04 at 02:55. Reason: wow I really screwed those tags up
Old 2009-05-04, 02:38   Link #164
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

I didn't know teeth picking was real LOL

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

Old 2009-05-04, 04:56   Link #165
b0nyb0y

Yeah, it's not just an anime thing.

I kinda surprised when ppl kept referring to another anime that has teeth picking, without even mention about real artists who excel at it..
Old 2009-05-04, 10:43   Link #166
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
So my comparison for the cellphone was stretching it, Mio is still doing some shady shit to get the $$$$ for these luxury items~

Too bad that strap on her cellphone looks like a bunch of anal beads.

lol
I would've said a small rosary... Wash your mind out with soap, man.
Old 2009-05-04, 11:16   Link #167
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Catholic Rosaries have the cross/Crucifix on them, of which is absent from that cell phone decoration...

Either way, you people are reading too much into Mio's stuff; High-dollar tech is almost way too common these days, especially in Japan...Does anyone not notice how many people out in public tote stuff around that either screams "Spoiled" or "Excessive"?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2009-05-04, 11:35   Link #168
ReddyRedWolf

FYI Buddhists also use beads for their prayers but that's beside the point. Mio is girl and girls like cute stuff.
Old 2009-05-04, 11:46   Link #169
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Any further analytical breakdown on Mio's personal possessions and you guys could probably become psychologists on the level of Sigmund Freud one day...
Old 2009-05-04, 11:55   Link #170
Fran~
floating away...

You know... Mio can sue you as stalkers
Old 2009-05-04, 12:24   Link #171
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Catholic Rosaries have the cross/Crucifix on them, of which is absent from that cell phone decoration...

Either way, you people are reading too much into Mio's stuff; High-dollar tech is almost way too common these days, especially in Japan...Does anyone not notice how many people out in public tote stuff around that either screams "Spoiled" or "Excessive"?
haha you do know how much them headphones are right, at around £240(which is around $400+) a pop, audio junky or not you would have to be well off to even think about buying them.

I wouldn't even think about spending more than £50 on headphones.

I'm not surprised about having a expensive phone but then I don't know anything about that phone. Phones tend to become relatively cheap soon enough anyway these days.
Old 2009-05-04, 12:40   Link #172
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Well-off, yes, but ownership of even expensive stuff like that isn't even considered uncommon, when you consider the room full of electronic crap that a lot of people have...

Besides, kids these days can spoil themselves quite a bit because they don't have to deal with the adult expense of stuff like auto and health insurance, college tuition, and other costs of living...At 20, the two most expensive things in my room that I've personally purchased are a PS3 and a Nikon D40, despite my job, both only given to me through the grace of federal tax returns and an economic stimulus check...But at my pre-16 years, I may not have cared for expensive headsets or cellphones, but collectively, I had plenty of reasons to buy hundreds of dollars worth of entertainment stuff without anything else important to put it to...
Old 2009-05-04, 14:01   Link #173
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Yeah, some do, but not all. It's just a means of remembering how many times you've said the Hail Mary, after all. I could tie sets of 10 beads separated by one in a loop and use that.

EDIT: Woah, sorry for late reply.
Old 2009-05-04, 19:22   Link #174
slayer545-sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPotBurnz View Post
Spoiler for Exmaple #1:

Spoiler for Example #2:

Mugi-chan a yuri fan.
OH MY! SHOCKED! She does have Yuri tendencies more than I though. Oh dear I hope some guy changes her mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
Japanese Anime like to blur the difference between friendship and love. Don't take it serious LOL

I agreed with this! Too many times it happened.
Old 2009-05-04, 19:44   Link #175
Friday
Im shy too...

this episode rocked!!!!

Sawako........come to the darkside......
and bring your padowa Yui......
Old 2009-05-04, 20:24   Link #176
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Same here, until I learned about Jimi Hendrix in my music class. We had a really good guitarist as our teacher back in the middle school days I accompanied him usually on the piano, music theory can sometimes be a pain the butt.
Old 2009-05-04, 20:30   Link #177
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
No.

Cheers.
Then which character is?
Old 2009-05-04, 21:10   Link #178
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Then which character is?
Well, Fujibayashi Kyou is "bi".....
Old 2009-05-04, 21:14   Link #179
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
I saw a video (real one) of it quite before,and i remember few old anime showing it too but i couldn't remember which anime.

Anyway even if K-ON didn't show the playing guitar with mouth part,still its possible to play a guitar in such way.But if you're not an expert of this,then you better don't try it at home (i am a guitarist myself too but i don't dare to try such way of playing )
Old 2009-05-04, 21:16   Link #180
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Those two girls from the music club in Clannad.

Maybe Hiyori in Lucky Star..she's got MugiVision, but she's also drawing it when she sees it.

Ryou might be more bi than Kyou based on her responce to Nagisa's "confession". And her reaction to Tomoya's "Kyou is bi" statement.

Haruhi does love to play dress up with Mikuru-chan, plus ear biting.