AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-05-12, 15:18   Link #301
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I was rereading the first chapters, and one of the first thing Frieren did was remark that Fern was good, even before training her. She did it several times. So it's not all Frieren. It may not even be mostly Frieren. We've no idea if she's a good teacher or not.
This. When they met for the first time, Fern was already capable of suppressing her mana to the point she was nearly undetectable even for Frieren herself. This is something that not even adult mages can pull off easily. In fact, for most mages is outright impossible. And Fern was just a child back then.

So, on top of training really hard, there's clearly a lot of raw talent at play as well. By human standards, Fern can probably be considered a prodigy. That been said, I think Frieren is a good teacher and helped Fern improve a lot.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2021-05-12 at 15:29.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 02:54   Link #302
Shadow5YA

Fern became an orphan when her village was attacked by demons. More than likely she was already concealing herself as a means for survival, similar to how Flamme and Frieren were trained.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 11:31   Link #303
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that's likely. But like Kazu-kun said, the very fact that she could do that at such a young age, even without any proper training, is very amazing. I agree with the notion that she must be a prodigy. Though Fern is probably a really good teacher on top of that, too.
Old 2021-05-15, 13:43   Link #304
Shadow5YA

There's two different aspects to her ability though
I think you can praise Fern for learning to control her powerlevel mana at such an early age, but the height of power and skill she has reached now is largely due to following Freiren and having plenty of experience fighting monsters and demons herself.

Even if she learned how to conceal herself from early on, I don't think she was any stronger than the average mage until she continued devoting herself to magecraft under Freiren.
Old 2021-05-18, 16:41   Link #305
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

So I guess we will see Frieren vs Frieren on the next chapter then? If not, I expect Fern vs Frieren.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-19, 08:40   Link #306
James Rye

Aww, no Denken vs Frieren Clone fight. But hey, a Frieren vs Frieren Clone fight sounds even more awesome! Until you realize you just need to throw a grimorie into the room and you already won.
Übel and Land are becoming one of my fav couples to watch over. The Doppelgänger magic of Land really is incredible though.
Old 2021-05-20, 12:50   Link #307
DragonOsman
Dragon King

In my previous post, I wanted to say "Though Frieren is probably a really good teacher on top of that, too". But I messed up. Sorry about that.

Frieren vs. Frieren should be pretty good. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully they won't just end it by using a grimoire ().

I agree about Übel and Land. I like these two.
Old 2021-05-25, 20:33   Link #308
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Four Eyes and Ubel = best duo
Old 2021-05-25, 22:05   Link #309
Shadow5YA

Freiren vs Freiren would end in a stalemate. Looks like Fern will be the one to tip the scales.
Old 2021-05-26, 01:46   Link #310
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's cute how Fern was getting jealous.

And how she's ready to kill Frieren...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-26, 09:19   Link #311
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Why was she jealous, though? Is she bi?

Anyway, if Fern really can kill that Frieren clone, she's amazing.
Old 2021-05-26, 10:24   Link #312
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Fern seems awfully possessive of Frieren lolwhut
Old 2021-05-26, 14:03   Link #313
Kazu-kun

I'm guessing Fern is gonna use her ability to disappear her mana completely in order to get close to the clone to strike her down unguarded. They will probably have to use some sort of smoke screen or light spell to blind the clone as well.
Old 2021-05-26, 14:49   Link #314
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm guessing Fern is gonna use her ability to disappear her mana completely in order to get close to the clone to strike her down unguarded. They will probably have to use some sort of smoke screen or light spell to blind the clone as well.
There's no telling if the clone actually uses sight to sense things.

Freiren already stated a long time ago that Fern is a much quicker caster than her.
That's probably not enough on its own, but she's more than capable of getting a cheap shot with her skill, especially if Freiren is keeping the clone occupied.
Old 2021-05-27, 03:36   Link #315
Tenzen12

I don't think she meant alone. Imho. I would guess it will be Frieren vs Frieren with Fern being sneaky until moment she will go full Megumin.
Old 2021-05-27, 05:38   Link #316
James Rye

I wonder if Clone Frieren will use the same tactics as normal Frieren or if she goes full magical blast wonder with incredible rare spells and summons and stuff.
Old 2021-05-27, 19:13   Link #317
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Fern probably knows Frieren's habit too well. Even she knew Frieren's main weaknesses, Mimic.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-28, 12:22   Link #318
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Tenzen12: Why would Fern not be a quicker caster than Frieren on her own? You're either a quick caster or you aren't. This isn't something that requires teamwork. Teamwork would be required to have people distract the opponent while you cast a really big spell that even a quick caster would take some time to cast.

@Ramero: True.
Old 2021-05-28, 12:52   Link #319
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Tenzen12: Why would Fern not be a quicker caster than Frieren on her own? You're either a quick caster or you aren't. This isn't something that requires teamwork. Teamwork would be required to have people distract the opponent while you cast a really big spell that even a quick caster would take some time to cast.
That is false.

Fern can be quicker compared to Freiren while Freiren still has the ability to defend herself against someone faster than her.

Anticipation and awareness are always important factors in a fight. Someone who is distracted or preoccupied will naturally have a slower reaction time than someone who is ready and looking for an incoming attack. Reaction time and ability are never in a vacuum.
Old 2021-05-28, 13:14   Link #320
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post

@Ramero: True.
When did I say Fern cannot be quicker caster? Even if she were, that doesn't mean she can defeat (fake) Frieren.

Tags
adventure, after victory, demons, elf, elf life, eternity, hero party