AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-29, 17:28   Link #141
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Ranka proved to be an interesting person. Not your stereotypical lolita jailbait. This one has personality.

Although I did have a problem with her initially. You see, I miss the days of the straight-forward warrior Meltlandis. If they weren't pushing buttons, they were definitely pulling triggers. Milia wouldn't have gone through this sentimental exchange! She would have SHOT YOU! I wonder if anyone felt this way.

Not to mention, after decades, the Melts apparently now produce their offspring in cute and lovable varieties, some come with Elvish features (where did THAT came from?). Woe, how the mighty has fallen!

- Tak
Old 2008-04-29, 17:52   Link #142
yadango

when Klan got out of her fighter she seemed pretty warrior to me... not to mention very busty ha ha ha.
Old 2008-04-29, 20:33   Link #143
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't think she will mentally breakdown, just become emotionally dependent on Alto and there's nothing wrong with that. When I find out why she values the earrings so much It will give me another clue as to what they will do with her. Is the earrings from her "Riber?", a family member? Someone who was like a sister to her? I think her lyrics from Diamond Crevesse gives an indication to what they will do with her too.
Alright, this sounds a lot better, and I apologize for my misunderstanding. But I still don't like the idea Sheryl mentally dependent on Alto. Sheryl is mistress and Alto is her slave; this is how I interpret their relationship.
Spoiler for Manga:

Last edited by 4Tran; 2008-04-29 at 21:37. Reason: Added Spoiler tags.
Old 2008-04-29, 21:12   Link #144
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
^ please put the earring things in a spoiler tag, i didn 't care but some people might
Old 2008-04-30, 00:17   Link #145
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ah good Herbert..
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No teen is going to watch TV Fridays at 2 AM on a school day unless it's Tivo and with Pizza Hut coming on board hopefully it will increase awareness.

To Love RU is an otaku title with fanservice I believe that airs Fridays at 1:55 AM on a school day. So there you have it the power of otaku and fanservice on school day ratings.
But Frontier has plenty of fanservice and you just said otakus will be buying the dvds.. still for that market an 0.3% share for Macross compared to To Love Ru's 3.2% when they air 30 mins apart isn't a good look. They aren't competing against each other...

Quote:
Again, since there is a female segment, Ranka is prob going to receive the sympathy since Ranka x Alto is the perceived budding couple at the onset with Sheryl being the wrench.
I'm sure she will get sympathy unless she pulls a Minmei when her star rises but I really don't see her doing that but who knows. But budding couple isn't canon so people shouldn't hold that against Sheryl, it's not like she knows about their "budding" relationship. If you want to blame anyone blame Alto but like I said it's not official.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
I don't see any similarities between her and Sheryl at all.
There's plenty actually, I see Sheryl as Misa if she was a pop idol in the mold of Sharon Apple. Both are perfectionists, both have pretty much devoted their lives to their chosen profession (I wouldn't be surprised if Sheryl's only real friend is her manager Grace) and climbed to the top in their fields due to their abilities. Also they both get off to a bad start with the male lead and clash with them. Also if anyone's going to pull a Misa and say choose one of us it will more than likely be Sheryl.

Anyway keep watching Macross and you'll see Minmei utterly dominate it character wise for most of the first half and like I said she's still the most important person in the show even after the triangle develops. Did people even assume Hayase was a romantic interest back in the day? I was like 6-7 when I first watched this so I really didn't see her that way until th 2nd half...

Quote:
I'm not sure if you noticed, but in episode 4, Alto and Ranka's names were both listed at the top of the credits.

Not that the cast order determines the LT, I mean Noe was listed second in True Tears and you know what happened lol
That's actually the first time she was listed above Sheryl, if they are going by the episodes content she really should've been listed about Sheryl in 2 and 3 as well.. and yeah true about True Tears lol.
Old 2008-04-30, 03:52   Link #146
SpaceDrake
This Is Part Of The Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Not to mention, after decades, the Melts apparently now produce their offspring in cute and lovable varieties, some come with Elvish features (where did THAT came from?). Woe, how the mighty has fallen!
The ears seem to be a generalized post-DYRL update to the Zentraedi look, to help differentiate them from the Terrans. Guld has the pointy ears too, and he's from 1995. It definitely isn't limited to Frontier.
Old 2008-04-30, 21:53   Link #147
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think that the ears are cute. Too bad Ranka doesn't have any ears like that.
Old 2008-05-01, 02:44   Link #148
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
The ears seem to be a generalized post-DYRL update to the Zentraedi look, to help differentiate them from the Terrans. Guld has the pointy ears too, and he's from 1995. It definitely isn't limited to Frontier.
you sure? i swear i saw those ears appearing in Flashback 2012....which would make it post-flashback...
Old 2008-05-01, 06:06   Link #149
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yep, a pointy ear was sighted in Flashback 2012 at 5:52.
Old 2008-05-01, 10:20   Link #150
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

maybe contact with humanity triggered a hidden genetic cue that made them sprout pointy ears?

and make Meltran breasts grow bigger?

because back then they weren't as big as Emiya Jenius or Quran's!!! Female hormones kicking in after an absence of natural reproduction and 3,000+ yrs of stagnant cloning?

Old 2008-05-01, 10:38   Link #151
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
welll maybe the female hormones are kicking because they are near mens now, or more close you cuold say
Old 2008-05-01, 10:41   Link #152
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadorna View Post
welll maybe the female hormones are kicking because they are near mens now, or more close you cuold say
...or maybe because they are doing the cultural nookie like you see on the Galaxy Channel?

Old 2008-05-01, 21:07   Link #153
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@onizuka about the ears I recall the silent zentari drum playing woman from macross 7 having pointy ears.

as for the breast this is anime there are 10 year old girls with breast.

about ranka I like how the writers use her as a foil to sheryl.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
Old 2008-05-01, 21:23   Link #154
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
as for the breast this is anime there are 10 year old girls with breast.
I would 'THINK' girls would have 'breasts' at the age of 10... although I have yet to identify anyone in 'this' anime who is '10'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
about ranka I like how the writers use her as a foil to sheryl.
I am just waiting for a Sheryl/Ranka Duet.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-01, 21:47   Link #155
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@tak when I mentioned 10 year old girls with breast I was refering to other anime series.

as for the duet we all are.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
Old 2008-05-03, 16:16   Link #156
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Well after watching the 5 eps in a row, ranka is my favorite character so far...heres hoping for the best for her and that she puts up a fight ._./)
BTW....I love her phone....
Old 2008-05-03, 16:26   Link #157
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
BTW....I love her phone....
She killed her phone. Poor frog thingy.
Old 2008-05-03, 17:10   Link #158
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
She killed her phone. Poor frog thingy.
soft, squishy and cute technology isn't exactly durable....OR IS IT?!

Old 2008-05-03, 20:08   Link #159
Flame-X
Anti-fan

her voice is just... wow. i think she'll surpass sheryl in her singing career. can't wait for those vocal osts to come out. XD
Old 2008-05-03, 20:23   Link #160
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
her voice is just... wow. i think she'll surpass sheryl in her singing career. can't wait for those vocal osts to come out. XD
Absolutely, she pulled it off beautifully in Episode 5. Kudos to whoever made the casting selection.

As for surpassing Sheryl in any way would be a different matter altogether. She provides an excellent alternative, but comparing her to Sheryl is like comparing apples to oranges. I consider them both to be unique.

Still, nothing rules out a possible duet.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2008-05-03 at 20:40.
Closed Thread