AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 04:12   Link #1481
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

case in point to a young idealist military cadet war is bad, war is hell, after a few years he/she became harden veteran it changes into " it a job/duty i got to do, I know shit is going hit the fan sooner than later. "

this came up Daguza and Banger where have there conversation about a just a petty cog in a huge system
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 06:28   Link #1482
bio9205
Reborn

Episode 6, 22 March 2013. That's a long wait... But nevertheless, nice to see Angelo and the Rozen Zulu get the spotlight!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 08:29   Link #1483
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post

Episode 6, 22 March 2013. That's a long wait... But nevertheless, nice to see Angelo and the Rozen Zulu get the spotlight!
Marked on my calander If memory serves correctly, a poster I saw a while back also depicted the FA Unicorn. I wonder if that will make an appearance.
Old 2012-10-22, 08:37   Link #1484
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post

of course he deserve it

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 17:54   Link #1485
AmericanFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
MasterVampire, the Unicorn OVA will be your gateway drug to the Universal Century timeline.
Agreed.

Wing was my gateway Gundam and I fell in love with 00 from the beginning. I tried to watch SEED, but it was far too melodramatic for me. I also had attempted to watch the original Mobile Suite Gundam (since I often feel like I'm one of the only Gundam fans who hasn't) and yet I often find it so slow going that I tend to lose interest. However, Unicorn has rekindled that interest and now I find myself eagerly going back through those episodes so that I can catch more of the little references to the past.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 22:50   Link #1486
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
of course he deserve it
Although he looks psycho in that picture. Staring into your soul.......
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 03:21   Link #1487
helois

that Angelo face is some sort of "Prepare your Anus!"...

LOL
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 05:58   Link #1488
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
of course he deserve it

I just noticed that blue thruster fire on his right picture as he bows out of the screen. That is awesome, love the detail!
Old 2012-10-29, 12:04   Link #1489
Esg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Pretty much what houkoholic said

Plus, if you want to apply a "no-kill policy" in a war/battle, you must have a godlike war-machine like Strike Freedom and have godlike skill like Kira. Other honorable mention goes to Kenshin Himura from Samurai X.

Banagher and his Unicorn? Simply not quite enough.
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Unicorn Shits on Freedom Spec wise. Freedom may well be scrap in comparison

And Kira's skills stem from the fact his opposition is incompetent featwise
Quote:
f you talk about life in general it isn't a negative thing, but it is hypocritical stance to take during war, especially the way these no-kill policy is written and shown on screen. Look at when Loni was going psycho and murdering people left and right yet Banagher insists on talking her out of it, so Loni's life is so precious that he insists in not killing her, but what about those innocent others whom Loni had killed while he is trying to talk her out it? While the writers were trying to make us think it is "fighting in a war is hard" or that "every life is precious", they achieved the exact opposite effect on me - they only managed to show that only the faced characters have value and the faceless ones are completely worthless.

Tomino's Gundam handles this much better on both ends - in numerous occasions he would show the protagonist themselves pushing aside their feels and do the right thing by pulling the trigger on the loved one who's gone on a psychotic rampage (eg Kamiyu killing Rosami in the Psycho Gundam MkII) and taking on the emotional burden of dealing the killing blow, and on the other hand he also inserts nameless grunts calling out the names of their love ones or mother in the explosions when the protagonists kills them, it's short but full of impact and gives even the nameless grunts a brief showing of their humanity. Note that none of the new shows manages to do something similar to what Tomino did, like the MS Loni vapourizes are just that - robots which you never get to see the humans inside, yet they make great pain to show Loni being vapourized in the explosion as a cheap gimmick to give her and *only her* a human face, made Riddhe the scape goat for dealing the killing blow and keep Banagher "clean" and expect the viewer to take a similar stance as Banagher (or Kira for that matter), sorry but that trick simply doesn't work on me.
Lets be honest here. If they followed the novel version he have been less hated
Also lets not disregard he already killed the one Sleeve pilot he got to know when he was fighting Full Frontal and had Newtype shenanigans with Mirida
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 13:25   Link #1490
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esg View Post
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Unicorn Shits on Freedom Spec wise. Freedom may well be scrap in comparison

And Kira's skills stem from the fact his opposition is incompetent featwise
Can you provide some solid data about "Freedom is crap compared to Unicorn"? I'm rather interested .

My argument stem from the fact that in his own universe, Banagher can’t easily disable a lot of enemies at the same time with Unicorn (in the anime so far) like Kira disabling a dozen of his opponents in one blast with Strike Freedom.
Old 2012-10-29, 13:37   Link #1491
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

Quote:
Can you provide some solid data about "Freedom is crap compared to Unicorn"? I'm rather interested .

My argument stem from the fact that in his own universe, Banagher can’t easily disable a lot of enemies at the same time with Unicorn (in the anime so far) like Kira disabling a dozen of his opponents in one blast with Strike Freedom.
Comparisons of Gundams between universes are problematic, considering the different technology and different laws of physics in different universes.

Besides Unicorn doesn't have weapons suitable for disarming at long range. The Beam Magnum, Beam Machine Gun and Bazooka all a wider area of impact than Freedom's weapons.

Freedom and Strike Freedom's beams are smaller, allowing minimal effect on the areas outside of where they hit. That's why Kira is able to disable mobile suits' parts without the entire suit exploding. The plasma cannons on Freedom are probably even smaller than Unicorn's beam magnum.

But the Freedoms can at least fly in the atmosphere while Unicorn can't, so on Earth, the Freedoms have a clear advantage.

(Besides performing godly in a high-tech Gundam, usually means having the skills needed to pilot it. SEED Kira in Strike has more kills, against equally matched and sometimes superior performing mobile suits, than Banagher in the Unicorn, the most advanced Gundam to date in UC, but then again Kira didn't have the Second Coming of Char. )

Last edited by zeroexia; 2012-10-29 at 13:48.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 13:38   Link #1492
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

they are really 2 different mecha really. one is balanced type, other is "one-man-army"

thought if you talking one to one. Unicorn probably have higher chance of winning since it have better close range equipment and agile enough to evade Freedom beam

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 13:49   Link #1493
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroexia View Post
Comparisons of Gundams between universes are problematic, considering the different technology and different laws of physics in different universes.
Quote:
they are really 2 different mecha really. one is balanced type, other is "one-man-army"

thought if you talking one to one. Unicorn probably have higher chance of winning since it have better close range equipment and agile enough to evade Freedom beam
That’s why I’m asking esg to explain it to me. It seems comparing two Gundams from two different universe(s) is easy for him considering how he nonchalantly said “Unicorn Shits on Freedom Spec wise”.

And no, I'm not talking about who will win when the two fight each other. I'm talking about the better pilot's skill & his Gundam which can be used efficiently & effectively to disable the enemy MSs in order to serve the "no-kill policy".
Old 2012-10-29, 14:00   Link #1494
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wouldn't expect too detailed an answer. His post screamed of UC elitism.
Old 2012-10-29, 14:19   Link #1495
Esg

Quote:
That’s why I’m asking esg to explain it to me. It seems comparing two Gundams from two different universe(s) is easy for him considering how he nonchalantly said “Unicorn Shits on Freedom Spec wise”.

And no, I'm not talking about who will win when the two fight each other. I'm talking about the better pilot's skill & his Gundam which can be used efficiently & effectively to disable the enemy MSs in order to serve the "no-kill policy".
You said goldlike. I assumed power. Unicorn is made of Pycoframe which historically has tons of hax
I may have misinterpreted your point so whatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I wouldn't expect too detailed an answer. His post screamed of UC elitism.
Pretty ad hominem bro
Quote:
Careful there, your UC fanatism/retardism is showing.
Cute neg. You always try to browbeat people with opinions different then your own?

Last edited by Esg; 2012-10-29 at 14:52.
Old 2012-10-29, 14:49   Link #1496
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esg View Post
You said goldlike. I assumed power. Unicorn is made of Pycoframe which historically has tons of hax
I may have misinterpreted your point so whatever
Yes. I think you have misinterpreted the point of my post that you quoted, so let's stop here.
Old 2012-10-29, 14:52   Link #1497
Esg

Quote:
Yes. I think you have misinterpreted the point of my post that you quoted, so let's stop here.
I can live with this
Old 2012-10-31, 02:06   Link #1498
Destined_Fate

The Rozen Zulu has high heels... Is he trying to tell us something? He doesn't need those to look pretty or bishie.

Quote:

Glad that 00 has shown us that the Strike Freedom is a joke when it comes to one man army. Nothing compares to the brokeness of the Quanta. Not even awakened Turn A. Only Dark History Turn A beats it.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 05:08   Link #1499
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The Rozen Zulu has high heels... Is he trying to tell us something? He doesn't need those to look pretty or bishie.

Glad that 00 has shown us that the Strike Freedom is a joke when it comes to one man army. Nothing compares to the brokeness of the Quanta. Not even awakened Turn A. Only Dark History Turn A beats it.
Hell, even the Zabanya puts the SF to shame. While it's fun to watch all the ridiculous hax Gundams have, I must admit there's something about the (relative) realism of UC that attracts me.
Old 2012-10-31, 05:22   Link #1500
Destined_Fate

Well it does have a set of rules that must be followed while AU can make up thing as they go to fit their universe. Look at Ghost, they still follow the rules set by early UC with some improvements. Since the pilot is highly skilled and he is in a Gundam, despite it being 20 years old, he kicks ass with ease(Just like Grey Stroke in the Gump/ZZ) against the average joe despite the difference in age of mecha. It's only after the worker and mass produced mecha are defeated that the big gun arrives and he has to retreat since even with his skills the Ghost can't make up for the spec differences even if it's a Gundam.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote