AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-03-30, 12:12   Link #6881
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Is there any method that I can use to connect my PSP to my WPA2 connection?
I think the PSP doesn't have any problems connecting to a WPA2 network but it does have limitations regarding what type of encryption it supports.

If I'm not mistaken AES isn't supported but TKIP is so you should set your router to that (or TKIP+AES preferably since that gives clients the chance to connect to the most secure method they know).

(And I can assert that the PSP connects to WPA2 networks since I was just checking my wireless settings today and have 2 PSPs in the house that have been connecting fine for years now )

Scratch that. I just rechecked and I have my router in mixed WPA/WPA2 mode. It appears like the PSP really doesn't support WPA2.
Old 2013-03-30, 19:53   Link #6882
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Thanks for the input. I definitely know about caffeine dependence. My parents get headaches when they don't drink coffee, and that's daily. I never really drank coffee regularly, at most 2 Starbucks mocha drinks that have 2 shots of expresso per week prior to my new semester. Funny thing is, straight coffee doesn't have much of an effect on me that I noticed, but expresso shots wake me up for at least an hour or two.

Caffeine from Starbucks doesn't screw up my sleep cycle, but energy drinks sure as hell do. I remember I drank at least 3 Monsters A DAY for 2 weeks straight when Aion NA came out back in 09 I think? I was up till about 4 every morning then would sleep and wake up at 8 for class. I got far in the game, but I got very sick and even had to go to urgent care. I was coughing up a little blood by then lolz. Never again will that happen.

I'll probably try to stick to coffee/expresso shots rather than energy drinks...but for now I have to empty out my storage of Starbucks Refreshers first

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 06:23   Link #6883
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

More a question for the Games sub-forum, but since it doesn't have a general questions thread, I'll pop the query here. Is there an existing thread for Journey, a PS3-exclusive game launched last year? Forum and Google searches aren't turning up any leads. I would be very surprised that such a critically acclaimed game went totally unmentioned here.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 06:53   Link #6884
HasuMasu
*Artist

You'd be surprised what great number of things don't have a thread here.

If the search didn't turn anything up then I doubt there is a thread for it.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 08:05   Link #6885
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Female junk: quantity
Male junk: flash interest
any better explanation

take a look at the ranking from last month for different time interval

Images
Daily
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Weekly
Images
Monthly

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 09:25   Link #6886
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Dunno... maybe math explanation:

There are hugely more pics of girls, than there are pics of boys.

Pics of girls are more popular than pics of boys and thus on a daily basis they win out (because daily stats represent spikes of interest, resulting from the pic being new, they can still grab those votes despite the high competition).

Over a month however, the votes for girls get distributed over too many pics.

The votes for boys, while coming to a lower total volume, will accumulate on even fewer pics, which makes them win in the long therm.

Also, because there are fewer new pics of boys coming in on the front page, those that wish to see them have to rely more on the search function, which will mostly lead them to the pics that are already popular.
Those that wish to see girlpics will mostly be satisfied with the constant stream of new pics and won't bother to search filter for other settings than 'newest'.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 10:05   Link #6887
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
More a question for the Games sub-forum, but since it doesn't have a general questions thread, I'll pop the query here. Is there an existing thread for Journey, a PS3-exclusive game launched last year? Forum and Google searches aren't turning up any leads. I would be very surprised that such a critically acclaimed game went totally unmentioned here.
Happens from time to time.

Not too long ago, a thread was created for an entire series, one that never had a thread for any of the previous games released.

As for the thread, feel free to create one if you feel like it, and if another was made under a different name (also happens) then I'll simply merge both.
Old 2013-04-03, 23:03   Link #6888
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Since I now have a Samsung 840 Pro series SSD, how often should I use the TRIM command to keep it in tip-top shape (and is using TRIM daily excessive)?
Also, is it better to let the OS do the TRIM (using Windows 8 Pro), or use the provided software instead (Samsung Magician 4.0)?
Old 2013-04-03, 23:12   Link #6889
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Since I now have a Samsung 840 Pro series SSD, how often should I use the TRIM command to keep it in tip-top shape (and is using TRIM daily excessive)?
Also, is it better to let the OS do the TRIM (using Windows 8 Pro), or use the provided software instead (Samsung Magician 4.0)?
Let the OS do it. It can judge better than you what exactly is going on with the SSD and how it's going to do its thing.

Limit human error as much as possible. It may not even be *your* error; I've heard so many advices about how to "use" SSDs right on the net from "experts" that are just...bad, stupid, overly cautious, or was correct some time in the past before some major innovations (like TRIM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Happens from time to time.
Happens a lot, actually. The Animesuki Games forum has always been something of a relatively inactive* sideshow, and it seems more Japan-flavored than the dominant English language gaming sites anyway. Plenty of very, very important game franchises do not have a "presence."

*except for the WoT thread, since the clan sets up shop here and got some forum members including moi playing.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 23:54   Link #6890
Skane
Anime Snark

Has anybody done 3D-Printing of War40K figurines? I figure it would be cheaper in bulk...

Old 2013-04-04, 00:02   Link #6891
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Has anybody done 3D-Printing of War40K figurines? I figure it would be cheaper in bulk...

With the typical low priced 'hot glue' printers, it takes forever to print 1 figure (from 1 to several hours depending on size).
And the results are not that overwhelming:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...47#post4609847
Here the scale is about 3 times of typical 40k. Anything smaller and the details get lost.

I'd say with current pricing for electricity, you'd be better of buying from GW.
But soon.....
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 03:36   Link #6892
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Thoughts on Dr. Dre earbuds? My crappy old pair of earbuds finally broke and I've been looking for some new ones. A lot of my friends have said the Dre buds are awesome, but it's pricey; $100 on amazon. I'm willing to spend for them, but half of the reviews, maybe more, say they break within a couple weeks. Some of the reviews say you're basically paying for nice packaging, looks, and the name and that the sound is good, but it's not too different from any other $30 pair. I love how it looks and how it has some noise canceling (where the buds stick into your ear with that rubber suction). My main concern really is that do they really break within a couple weeks? I always take care of my stuff so I duno if those reviewers are just simply pulling out/putting away their earbuds as if it was trash into their bags.

If not, any suggestions on noise canceling earbuds? I am not interested in "headphones." I used to have Shure earbuds and they were great, but I didn't like how I had to wrap it around my ear before insertion. I just like the regular old earbuds where you just plop them in your ear but ones that have good noise cancellation. My budget is about $100.

Suggestions/comments much appreciated.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 23:18   Link #6893
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Is there a way I can turn a thread I created into a poll with limited voting time?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 09:27   Link #6894
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is there a way I can turn a thread I created into a poll with limited voting time?
If you mean adding a poll to an existing thread, then yes, we mods have the option to do so. You can add one during thread creation, but I am not sure if the option (under Thread Tools) shows up for members after a thread is made.
Old 2013-04-08, 09:43   Link #6895
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
If you mean adding a poll to an existing thread, then yes, we mods have the option to do so. You can add one during thread creation, but I am not sure if the option (under Thread Tools) shows up for members after a thread is made.
I was actually planning to add a questionnaire kind of poll to one of my LN threads. I am not sure if such a function exists yet.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-08, 09:54   Link #6896
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I was actually planning to add a questionnaire kind of poll to one of my LN threads. I am not sure if such a function exists yet.
........... You are not supposed to have more than one thread in Fan Creations, and I just realized you have two. <_<

We either merge both topics or simply close one of them. A poll can be added later in each case, but I must ask that you choose one before the day ends.
Old 2013-04-08, 10:15   Link #6897
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
........... You are not supposed to have more than one thread in Fan Creations, and I just realized you have two. <_<

We either merge both topics or simply close one of them. A poll can be added later in each case, but I must ask that you choose one before the day ends.
I dropped you a PM. The poll can wait...... it is basically looking for audience consensus before I start writing.

Another question : the signature weapon that goes with the tracksuit is made famous by Bruce Lee, namely the nunchaku.

What other weapons go well with a tracksuit in terms of image?

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-04-09 at 09:14.
Old 2013-04-09, 14:56   Link #6898
Shyni

Are there any region-free external DVD drives available out there? For some reason, I can't get libdvdcss to work with an external DVD drive (I'm on a netbbook running an outdated version of Ubuntu)

Google gets me this thing on Amazon, but a customer review says it is not region free, so I'm wary of products claiming to be region free, unless somebody can confirm they actually work as advertised/described.

I can watch different region DVDs on a DVD player attached to a TV, but I can't use that to take screengrabs.

Quote:
I can't think of any besides... fists.

Last edited by Shyni; 2013-04-09 at 15:07.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 16:49   Link #6899
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Depends on the color of the Tracksuit IMHO....

Black fits guns and swords.
White for swords alone
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 17:00   Link #6900
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Baseball bat, Sword, Bamboo sword,
Gun, Sniper Rifle
Hidden Blade
Leg :P

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote