Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-03, 07:04   Link #1461
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Maybe you have the option of switching upgrades to the new weapon? Kind of like in ME1. I dunno, it does seem rather redundant.
The only reason I could think of for using an dropped weapon is if you're out of ammo and need to quickly kill enemy.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 07:47   Link #1462
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Or you need a particular weapon to better dispatch an enemy. Maybe that Guided Missile Launcher would be better against lots of fast moving enemies than the one-shot Cain (don't know if you can switch Heavy Weapons in the field in ME3).

Switching a weapon just for the ammo doesn't strike me as a good option, considering that thermal clips are universal. Thus, it's more likely that you'd want to switch weapons due to their inherent abilities than for anything else (For example, the Scorpion pistol shoots mini sticky-grenades, something that the Carnifex doesn't do).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 07:52   Link #1463
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Or there's a mission where you start off with no weapons and have to 'acquire' them as you go.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 09:57   Link #1464
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

It could be that some enemies have "special" limited use weapons.

Let's say you kill a geth prime, you can use it's weird pulse thing to for 10 shots.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 18:41   Link #1465
Alchemist007
*Author

Slightly unexpected, but they said they're already working on changes to the Deception novel http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/9150901/1
Old 2012-02-03, 19:39   Link #1466
Key Board
Carbon

this is why you don't outsource things for the sake of name power alone
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 02:51   Link #1467
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

PC IGN: Is BioWare Hinting at Mass Effect 4?

Basically, keep your ME3 save files, because they might become useful for future Bioware games. Looking forward to see whether this pans out.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-02-04, 10:01   Link #1468
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
PC IGN: Is BioWare Hinting at Mass Effect 4?

Basically, keep your ME3 save files, because they might become useful for future Bioware games. Looking forward to see whether this pans out.
Probably bonus content, rather then an outright sequel.

That said, I'm sure they'll do another game in the Mass Effect universe, albeit without Shephard, whose story will have reached it's conclusion with 3.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 10:07   Link #1469
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Probably bonus content, rather then an outright sequel.

That said, I'm sure they'll do another game in the Mass Effect universe, albeit without Shephard, whose story will have reached it's conclusion with 3.
Can't exactly recycle Shepard indefinitely. What with new love interests introduced every game, if they keep it up Shepard would have become better known as a Casanova more than being saviour of the universe.

Mass Effect 16: Shepard's Harem.
Old 2012-02-04, 10:30   Link #1470
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Xbox 360 Achievements - Mass Effect 3

Achievements can sometimes be spoilerific, and though this list doesn't have major spoilers, there are certain points that people might not want to know, so look at your own risk.

One detail that isn't spoilerific though: It seems ME3 will return to having a 60-lvl cap like the first game

A certain achievement does intrigue me though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable
Escape a Reaper in the galaxy map.
... Sounds like the Galaxy Map will be more than just moving the Normandy from planet to planet this time round'.

Old 2012-02-04, 13:19   Link #1471
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

The level cap's been known about for a while, but it's not like ME1 cause we'll all be starting at level 30 (the level we finished ME2 at) XD
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 14:20   Link #1472
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
There's multiplayer achievements!!!?

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 14:22   Link #1473
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

... so what? It's not like you need those achievements or anything...
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 14:34   Link #1474
DingoEnderZOE2

Naturally achievements/trophies are a choice and it's not that I need them I just tend to WANT them. I tend to be a Completionist when it comes to achievements in some x-box 360 games, it's part of the fun for me. But Multiplayer achievements anger me because they're only obtainable as long as the online community is active unless they have bots otherwise you have to resort to boosting.

Or like 1 vs 100 when the achievements were only obtainable as long as it was around and now that it's gone you're left with an incomplete state. Luckily I managed to complete that game so it's no big deal to me.
Old 2012-02-04, 14:51   Link #1475
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... so what? It's not like you need those achievements or anything...
Yeah. Unlike, say, game elements that need multiplayer.

Interestingly this is the final nail in the coffin for why I have decided to pass on the game. There will be some bits of game interaction between single and multi-player. I know they say it isn't essential, but I have been burned by that lie far too many times.

Mass Effect was the first TPS game that I tolerated because of the RPG elements. I just managed to survive ME2 despite the RPG elements being ripped out. But now with ME3, it is just a multi-player shooter now. I never liked shooters, and never will. And multiplayer-shooter is just the unholy combination of two things I disagree with. I am sure Bioware would like to convince me that they could accommodate me, but it is plain to anyone that I am no longer their target audience.

And knowing how this goes using historical precidence, Bioware would likely never make a single player game again.
Old 2012-02-04, 14:57   Link #1476
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
There's multiplayer achievements!!!?

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!
I think you should take note that earning those achievements in multiplayer is optional and that they're all still earnable in singleplayer.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 14:59   Link #1477
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Having a multi-player mode does not make Mass Effect 3 a multi-player game. I've invested too much into the story and characters of Mass Effect-verse not to play 3, for some petty reason like missing a few achievements. In this regard it is no different from any other RPG.

Sorry Vallen, if you don't like shooters, then Mass Effect never targeted you in the first place.

EDIT: lol just realized that's an awesome pun.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 15:14   Link #1478
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I think you should take note that earning those achievements in multiplayer is optional and that they're all still earnable in singleplayer.
Oh....well if that's the case than no problem then.
Old 2012-02-04, 16:20   Link #1479
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Having a multi-player mode does not make Mass Effect 3 a multi-player game. I've invested too much into the story and characters of Mass Effect-verse not to play 3, for some petty reason like missing a few achievements. In this regard it is no different from any other RPG.

Sorry Vallen, if you don't like shooters, then Mass Effect never targeted you in the first place.

EDIT: lol just realized that's an awesome pun.
So you are saying Mass Effect was never an RPG then?

My argument was that ME1 never required me to have a fast trigger finger. Nor do I need to be dead accurate because ammo refills. It is all too easy to revise history and claim ME was never an RPG. But fair enough; no point trying to kick me out when I am already walking on my own.
Old 2012-02-04, 16:51   Link #1480
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah. Unlike, say, game elements that need multiplayer.

Interestingly this is the final nail in the coffin for why I have decided to pass on the game. There will be some bits of game interaction between single and multi-player. I know they say it isn't essential, but I have been burned by that lie far too many times.

Mass Effect was the first TPS game that I tolerated because of the RPG elements. I just managed to survive ME2 despite the RPG elements being ripped out. But now with ME3, it is just a multi-player shooter now. I never liked shooters, and never will. And multiplayer-shooter is just the unholy combination of two things I disagree with. I am sure Bioware would like to convince me that they could accommodate me, but it is plain to anyone that I am no longer their target audience.

And knowing how this goes using historical precidence, Bioware would likely never make a single player game again.
You know, I have to ask, what is your deal? Every-time I see you post in the games thread its to complain about something having multiplayer or having an online component. Why the hate? Don't like playing with others?

And yeah the Mass Effect series has always been a shooter, just one with RPG elements added to it. Trying to say otherwise is just plain false.

Tags
effect, games, mass