AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2022-03-15, 00:15   Link #4001
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
Many thanks Jagt. Also, I take back what I said. This is a masterpiece, it's not without faults, but undeniably a masterpiece nonetheless and it gets better with every new volume.

I agree with you, the only that really worries me is all this with the memory loss, I hope they can find a solution soon, apart from that the story is going amazing.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-18, 02:54   Link #4002
Itsmepatrick

Hope they get rid of that memory block or something as soon as possible.
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-18, 05:22   Link #4003
darkangel0278

By the way, did the novel actually express how Rio felt when almost everyone forget about him? I read the summary and it feels like the memory loss is the last thing on his mind considering 2 years have passed since.
Old 2022-03-18, 07:43   Link #4004
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel0278 View Post
By the way, did the novel actually express how Rio felt when almost everyone forget about him? I read the summary and it feels like the memory loss is the last thing on his mind considering 2 years have passed since.
In the book it has been just ten days since the memory loss until Rodania is raided. So just exactly what part of the summary made you think that two years passed? Please tell me so I can correct it at once.

Last edited by jagt; 2022-03-18 at 14:36.
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-18, 20:08   Link #4005
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
In the book it has been just ten days since the memory loss until Rodania is raided. So just exactly what part of the summary made you think that two years passed? Please tell me so I can correct it at once.
I was curious, I kept hearing people say this and thought, when was there a time jump?
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-18, 23:49   Link #4006
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel0278 View Post
2 years didn't pass. His feeling, iirc weren't ultra directly conveyed to us until Ceria remembered him at the end of volume and we learned that he had despaired and sort of given up on getting their memories back (can you blame him) but changed his mind when he saw Celia remember him, which was part of somebody's (Lina most likely) plan.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
I was curious, I kept hearing people say this and thought, when was there a time jump?
A wild guess would be that people mixed up a theory that was made about this volume (v21) before it was released with the summary contents.
hihoperorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-19, 04:45   Link #4007
jagt

I don't know what is making people think there was a time jump of two years in volume 21, but that is lie. So for clearing the misunderstanding I decided to add the rough calendar I did for my personal use to the wiki's light novel section, if someone has any doubt regarding the books' timeline please go there.
Old 2022-03-19, 10:21   Link #4008
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Hey jagt, first off, thanks a lot for all your contributions to the community and for basically going above and beyond! It is super duper appreciated!

I have a question about Christina in the web novel version. What are Christina’s feelings for Rio (or rather, how does Christina feel about Rio) in the web novel version?

My apologies for the inconvenience
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-19, 13:35   Link #4009
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Hey jagt, first off, thanks a lot for all your contributions to the community and for basically going above and beyond! It is super duper appreciated!

I have a question about Christina in the web novel version. What are Christina’s feelings for Rio (or rather, how does Christina feel about Rio) in the web novel version?

My apologies for the inconvenience
Unlike the LN the WN didn't really explain very deeply about the girls' feelings, so this might be a little of a hard one.

If it is the child Christina, she was as worried about Rio and sorry for how he was treated as Flora always was, but unlike Flora Christina understood her position. She knew she would cause trouble for her father or Rio himself if she got close to him, that's why she kept her distance despite her wish of apologizing for what happened during their first meeting. She understood well that if a princess is seen apologizing to a commoner it would be a scandal, something her father couldn't afford to deal with while he was already busy dealing with Helmut, not to say about how the rest of their classmates would react to that or what they would do to Rio due to their jealously if they are seen together. This is also why Christina did her best to keep Flora away from Rio, because she knew how many problems could cause to Rio her kindness that didn't read the mood. The Christina of the WN didn't seem lees hung on Rio to me than Flora either, in the end for this or the other she spent a lot of time looking at Rio after all.

A lot of people think Christina didn't care when Rio fell off the cliff, but that is wrong too, in both the LN and Wn one of the reasons why Christina wanted to take Flora to their target destination asap was so she could organize a search team for helping Rio made of the adults there. A lot say too that Christina didn't care or that she agreed when Rio was framed, but she was against it just like Flora, but unlike Flora Christina realized what was going on behind the scenes and that she wouldn't be allowed to do anything for Rio's sake, that if she tried to help Rio she would just be treated like a stupid and not understanding child just like Flora, that's why she just limited herself to not falsifying her testimony for blaming Rio like the rest of her classmates did, it was the only kind of resisteace she knew she could show. For Christina the matter of Rio's framing was as good a source of sadness, regret and guilty feelings as it was for Flora, that is how it looked to me.

Then the teenager Christina, if I had to describe how Christina treated Rio, it would be like a pandora's box that is better left closed. Christina assumed that Rio must resent her, that's why she was scared of trying to confirm if Rio was really Haruto, she was convinced that if she took off Haruto's mask of kindness she would have to face Rio's resentment, I also think the fact that it was precisely Rio who was pointing that resentment at her made Christina sad, I believe I don't need to tell why. Christina's haters used to say that she was an hypocrite that was willing to pull Rio into Restoration using Celia, but in reality Christina always kept every member of Restoration away from Rio , no one could approach him without her permission, she herself just spent with Rio just the minimum time that social courtesy dictated, aside from, that if you look well, the times that Christina approached Rio were when Charlotte pulled her along or when she couldn't tell no to Flora's puppy eyes.
Old 2022-03-19, 14:06   Link #4010
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Thank you for your amazing response.

Did she avoid him primarily to avoid losing him as an ally or to avoid getting hurt emotionally herself? Was it both? I ask because IIRC, she wanted to get to know him better but he shut her down (in the web novel, I mean). I do not know if this is correct
Old 2022-03-19, 16:20   Link #4011
jagt

Quote:
Thank you for your amazing response.

Did she avoid him primarily to avoid losing him as an ally or to avoid getting hurt emotionally herself? Was it both? I ask because IIRC, she wanted to get to know him better but he shut her down (in the web novel, I mean). I do not know if this is correct
Christina was never afraid of losing Rio as an ally, she couldn't, for Christina Rio was never an ally, Christina was convinced of Rio hating her and the Beltram kingdom, she believed he was just letting them be because of Celia. Christina also considered everyone inside Restoration or the Beltram kingdom, herself included, with no right to drag Rio into their mess. She kept everyone away from Rio so no one, specially Hugenot, would have any chance of trying anything funny with Rio or Celia. She also kept her contact with Rio to the minimum instead of cutting it completely because she needed an exucse for those pestering her about inviting Rio more actively to Restoration, specially Hugenot, Christina told everyone that the best way of winning Rio for their side was earning his trust slowly, so she needed to pretend she was doing that when she currently wasn't.

About Rio shooting Christina down, I don't remember anything like that, I remember Rio being unsure of how to deal with Christina but nothing about Rio being against talking with her.
Old 2022-03-19, 16:54   Link #4012
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Subarashii!!! Thank you so much jagt! I have one more thing I would like to understand. Once again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Quote:
Then the teenager Christina, if I had to describe how Christina treated Rio, it would be like a pandora's box that is better left closed. Christina assumed that Rio must resent her, that's why she was scared of trying to confirm if Rio was really Haruto, she was convinced that if she took off Haruto's mask of kindness she would have to face Rio's resentment, I also think the fact that it was precisely Rio who was pointing that resentment at her made Christina sad, I believe I don't need to tell why. Christina's haters used to say that she was an hypocrite that was willing to pull Rio into Restoration using Celia, but in reality Christina always kept every member of Restoration away from Rio , no one could approach him without her permission, she herself just spent with Rio just the minimum time that social courtesy dictated, aside from, that if you look well, the times that Christina approached Rio were when Charlotte pulled her along or when she couldn't tell no to Flora's puppy eyes.
Could you clarify what you mean in the bolded sentence? I’m not asking so to come off as coy. I genuinely am missing what you mean. I apologise greatly ._.
Old 2022-03-19, 17:24   Link #4013
jagt

Quote:
Subarashii!!! Thank you so much jagt! I have one more thing I would like to understand. Once again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Could you clarify what you mean in the bolded sentence? I’m not asking so to come off as coy. I genuinely am missing what you mean. I apologise greatly ._.
I mean I think Christina was not over her possible feelings for Rio from her academy era, and that that was the reason why she was sad when thinking about Rio maybe hating her.
Old 2022-03-20, 20:03   Link #4014
silenceblade

I always believe that in the WN, Christina was raised to "keeping the country at the expense of the individual" like Liliana was raised to do.

For her kingdom and family's self interest she was willing to do any dirty deed to keep them safe. The WN being much darker than the LN, showed that Christina was cold to everyone (aside from her family) so she wouldn't get emotionally attach to them when dirtying her hands.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-21, 05:08   Link #4015
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
I always believe that in the WN, Christina was raised to "keeping the country at the expense of the individual" like Liliana was raised to do.

For her kingdom and family's self interest she was willing to do any dirty deed to keep them safe. The WN being much darker than the LN, showed that Christina was cold to everyone (aside from her family) so she wouldn't get emotionally attach to them when dirtying her hands.
She certainly was raised for that, but her father and everyone else wanting her to be willing to do something and she actually being are two different things. She had her lines she didn't want to cross, the LN just made it more evident than the WN. And the WN wasn't that much darker than the LN, Christina wasn't that cold either, she was just really commited to be everyone's ideal dignified princess in front of the public eye. Vanessa, Roana, Celia, and even Rio, as long as she was inside a setting with less people around Christina was always more relaxed with certain people.
Old 2022-03-21, 13:43   Link #4016
Snowbold

Quote:
She certainly was raised for that, but her father and everyone else wanting her to be willing to do something and she actually being are two different things. She had her lines she didn't want to cross, the LN just made it more evident than the WN. And the WN wasn't that much darker than the LN, Christina wasn't that cold either, she was just really commited to be everyone's ideal dignified princess in front of the public eye. Vanessa, Roana, Celia, and even Rio, as long as she was inside a setting with less people around Christina was always more relaxed with certain people.
I'd say that is a fair assessment based on the currently translated and JP released novels. I would also say that she does struggle with the guilt of this lifestyle. She feels guilt over Haruto and the acts that have saved her and her factions when she feels they don't deserve it.
Old 2022-03-22, 13:39   Link #4017
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
I'd say that is a fair assessment based on the currently translated and JP released novels. I would also say that she does struggle with the guilt of this lifestyle. She feels guilt over Haruto and the acts that have saved her and her factions when she feels they don't deserve it.

she's right thou, she doesn't deserve it, don't get me wrong, i love crsitina, but she hasn't done anything for Rio other than give him problems he he
Old 2022-03-23, 00:28   Link #4018
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
she's right thou, she doesn't deserve it, don't get me wrong, i love crsitina, but she hasn't done anything for Rio other than give him problems he he
Well she has more problems now with the collapse of Restoration.
Old 2022-03-23, 08:44   Link #4019
silenceblade

One of the main difference between the LN and WN is that a character's personality is modify to make them more liked. In the WN, Miharu doesn't tries to resolve any issues while Celia isn't unaware of any issues.

In the LN, Christina is shown with more weaknesses so that we readers would come to sympathize with her more. I actually like those flaws since it give them more depth.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-14, 04:46   Link #4020
edwzin

I have two interesting theories
the first series that both Lisselot and latifa also have a part of Lina's soul, she knew that she was going to be reborn as miharu and was going to reach the other world but she didn't know exactly what was going to happen after miharu disappeared maybe to prevent her from Haruto felt lonely, he divided his soul so that another person could be born who could keep Haruto company and in case he died after separating from Miharu or at a later time and was reborn in the same world, he prepared another soul fraction that was born in Suzune , Lina knew that Haruto would die at some point and be reborn in the other world or maybe some situation had to be fulfilled like that aisha had to gather enough power to take the souls to the other world, they don't think it's very strange that both girls felt attracted to haruto just by talking once

the second is that the ring that cristina gave to flora is an artifact and it has Lina's laboratory since although it is an important object for them there is no real reason for an image of it to appear, maybe Rio will discover it and try to negotiate with her presenting himself as the king of the dragons and she asks him for one of two things, the first an army to recover his kingdom or to marry her so that she becomes a queen or something similar
edwzin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai