AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2022-05-11, 06:15   Link #19781
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
I’d easily say the same of Natsumi as well, given her attachment to/interest in Yoshino in the books and later, Kanon in the short stories.
Mukuro also self-admittedly comes to see him as more of an older brother than a love interest after her arc as well - which works out well, because Shido consistently sees the younger quartet of Yoshino, Kotori, Natsumi, and Mukuro more as ‘little sister-adjacent’ than as love interests.

That leaves Origami, Tohka, and Miku (still pursuing him by the end), Yoshino (wants to still pursue him but Shido’s rather unreceptive), Kaguya and Yuzuru (who…don’t really make it clear what’s going on with them), and Kurumi, who is in interesting case, because while she does admit she is still attracted to Shido (both romantically and sexually), she makes it clear that her number one priority is reviving Sawa somehow, and the final books and short stories make it clear that Shido doesn’t see Kurumi very often because of her single-minded pursuit of this goal. Her feelings for Sawa are also made out to be the same in nature as Shido’s for Tohka, so at the very least, we have our third bi spirit - although pretty much all of them have strong Yuri moments in the short stories.
Tohka is main girl, enough said! She's clearly the most special to him.

Kurumi's loner nature is a little sad, and her impossible goal as well, but I'm confident she's among the remaining contenders for Shido. Personally, I don't think there's any other romantic options for her considering only he understands everything she's been through and would be able to accept every part of her.

Origami will never give up, especially since her original stalker personality is still around, and there's literally two souls inside her who are madly in love with Shido. Too much of her life and BOTH iterations of her past are centered around her bond with Shido. Along with Kurumi and Tohka, I'd say she's definitely among the top 3 most affected by his kindness.

I admire Yoshino's determination, but unfortunately the previous trio have outdone her in every category except kindness.

Kaguya and Yuzuru are WAY too competitive to give up as long as most of the others don't.

Miku's super clingy, but she loves everyone else just as much as Shido himself. Not sure if this is unhealthy, or if this makes her the glue that could make this harem work out. Unfortunately, the other girls dislike her behavior.
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-29, 14:48   Link #19782
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Unpainted prototype of Phat Company’s Rasiel Kurumi figure.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/1131872
Old 2022-06-10, 06:57   Link #19783
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Happy Birthday, Kurumi!
Old 2022-06-24, 07:34   Link #19784
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

NOCO’s art collection for Date A Bullet comes out July 20, and a Date A Bullet Encore volume has been announced.

https://twitter.com/fantasia_bunko/s...e-anime.com%2F
Old 2022-06-24, 10:02   Link #19785
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

For those that read the light novels, as I don't, does Tohka ever decide to pull the "I'm stripping naked! Please impregnate me, Shido! I want it raw, right here and now! I know you do, too!"-type behavior that Kurumi did in the Season IV Epi. 12?

Last edited by Kadmos1; 2022-06-24 at 10:12.
Kadmos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 10:14   Link #19786
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Leaks confirmed today that we have a a season 5 coming soon.
Old 2022-06-24, 16:33   Link #19787
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
NOCO’s art collection for Date A Bullet comes out July 20, and a Date A Bullet Encore volume has been announced.
While this is great, why can't they announce Tsunakos 2nd Art book. Will we ever get it.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 16:49   Link #19788
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I still find it quite questionable why the people spreading the leaks never stated their “reliable source.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
While this is great, why can't they announce Tsunakos 2nd Art book. Will we ever get it.
I’ve been waiting for that too. They might actually be waiting for the anime to finish first for complete-ness. If so it won’t be coming for a long while still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
For those that read the light novels, as I don't, does Tohka ever decide to pull the "I'm stripping naked! Please impregnate me, Shido! I want it raw, right here and now! I know you do, too!"-type behavior that Kurumi did in the Season IV Epi. 12?
Nope.
Old 2022-06-24, 17:08   Link #19789
Estzero1

Quote:
I still find it quite questionable why the people spreading the leaks never stated their “reliable source.”
Does it matter anymore? It was correct after all.

Quote:
I’ve been waiting for that too. They might actually be waiting for the anime to finish first for complete-ness. If so it won’t be coming for a long while still.
It could be. I don't remember if the first one was released before S3, but I recall it was. So maybe they just haven't released it yet and the complete-ness does not matter. No clue what the actual plan is here.

Old 2022-06-24, 19:44   Link #19790
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Does it matter anymore? It was correct after all.
It actually does, because if their source was reliable (and they weren’t just spreading baseless rumors and lies and just got lucky in the end), why did nobody ever link or even claim a source?
Old 2022-06-25, 03:03   Link #19791
tuckersister

S5 will finish the storyline and the last two volumes will be a movie. That’s what I predict.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-25, 07:41   Link #19792
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
S5 will finish the storyline and the last two volumes will be a movie. That’s what I predict.
I don't understand why so many people want this. 4-4-4 *2 is better than 3-3-3-3 plus movie. If it would be 4-4-4 plus two movies maybe we can talk about it.

Old 2022-06-25, 08:19   Link #19793
BCMan5388

I prefer that season 5 be two-cour or split-cour, at least 20 episodes long. I prefer 24, but I'll settle for 20.

And if it's a two-cour/split-cour, for the second half, they could call it Date A Live V: Final.

Last edited by BCMan5388; 2022-06-26 at 17:59.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-25, 09:09   Link #19794
Estzero1

That's something I could live with but since season 5 isn't called final I don't expect anything like that.

Old 2022-06-26, 21:55   Link #19795
AndrewR5D4

Watching the fourth season (and my knowledge from reading later novel installments) has me convinced that Kurumi would be the best wife. She's elegant, thoughtful, independent, and an excellent homemaker. Hell, she's gorgeous and seems to be good at almost everything. The story might not have had a definitive ending, but she certainly has my vote.
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-26, 22:22   Link #19796
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Watching the fourth season (and my knowledge from reading later novel installments) has me convinced that Kurumi would be the best wife. She's elegant, thoughtful, independent, and an excellent homemaker. Hell, she's gorgeous and seems to be good at almost everything. The story might not have had a definitive ending, but she certainly has my vote.
She gets my vote too, but I’d honestly be happy with any of the girls, which is why I was hoping Tachibana would go for it and make it a harem ending. (though it wouldn’t have been socially acceptable since this isn’t a fantasy world, so it never had a great chance of happening )
Old 2022-06-29, 22:36   Link #19797
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Is Tohka ageless/immortal by the end of the series? That would be extremely depressing
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 18:15   Link #19798
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
She gets my vote too, but I’d honestly be happy with any of the girls, which is why I was hoping Tachibana would go for it and make it a harem ending. (though it wouldn’t have been socially acceptable since this isn’t a fantasy world, so it never had a great chance of happening )
It would never have been a full harem though, because Shido outright rejects Kotori in V21.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-03, 21:49   Link #19799
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
It would never have been a full harem though, because Shido outright rejects Kotori in V21.
I’m talking about being happy with an ending where there were no rejections and it was a full harem.
Old 2022-07-20, 07:01   Link #19800
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well, they’re still not entirely done with DAL it seems. Dragon Magazine’s September issue will have a short story “Kurumi Detective” written by Tachibana.

https://twitter.com/KoshiTachibana/s...e-anime.com%2F

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy