AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2023-01-28, 03:26   Link #4361
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Ddraig Goch View Post
Did Liliana have feelings or was implied to have feelings for Takahisa at some point in the past (ex. In the earlier volumes or before the beginning of the story) before she noticed he was starting to becoming bizarre?
No such hints were mentioned. The most she said about him is that she has been looking at him since the summoning and believes he is a good person in vol 10.
hihoperorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-28, 03:34   Link #4362
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
No such hints were mentioned. The most she said about him is that she has been looking at him since the summoning and believes he is a good person in vol 10.
Do you think you can help me find the original phrasing of that line in the novel please? Japanese is a particular language where “she has been looking at him since the summoning” can have romantic overtones, depending on how it is written. My apologies.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-28, 03:55   Link #4363
hihoperorin

Quote:
Do you think you can help me find the original phrasing of that line in the novel please? Japanese is a particular language where “she has been looking at him since the summoning” can have romantic overtones, depending on how it is written. My apologies.
Chapter 5 after Takahisa lost to Rio, at the discussion where he decides to kidnap Miharu. You can check yourself but it didn't seem like the romantic "been watching love interest passionately from a distance" but more like "I've had many chances to observe your personality and have a good grasp on it" sense. It's right after Takahisa suggests he will kidnap Miharu and that Miharu will surely understand. Three lines (dialogue lines not literal lines) after that one.
Old 2023-01-28, 04:51   Link #4364
jagt

Quote:
The Liliana of that time had a positive impression of Takahisa but didn't seen to have romantic feelings for him, she looked with optimism towards the possible future where the most likely her father would ask her to get engaged to Takahisa and didn't seem discontent with it, not full blown happynes but the "well, not so bad" kind of happiness. But the Takahisa of volume 22 gets looked at like the trash he is. This is the impression that it gave to me at least.
Old 2023-01-28, 05:02   Link #4365
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Chapter 5 after Takahisa lost to Rio, at the discussion where he decides to kidnap Miharu. You can check yourself but it didn't seem like the romantic "been watching love interest passionately from a distance" but more like "I've had many chances to observe your personality and have a good grasp on it" sense. It's right after Takahisa suggests he will kidnap Miharu and that Miharu will surely understand. Three lines (dialogue lines not literal lines) after that one.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
The Liliana of that time had a positive impression of Takahisa but didn't seen to have romantic feelings for him, she looked with optimism towards the possible future where the most likely her father would ask her to get engaged to Takahisa and didn't seem discontent with it, not full blown happynes but the "well, not so bad" kind of happiness. But the Takahisa of volume 22 gets looked at like the trash he is. This is the impression that it gave to me at least.
Thank you for your answer and my apologies, jagt. Just to be clear, this scene that you described: “ she looked with optimism towards the possible future where the most likely her father would ask her to get engaged to Takahisa and didn't seem discontent with it”. What volume and chapter was this featured in?

Also was there any difference with the Lilianna of the Web Novel and the Light Novel in terms of her feelings for Takahisa?
Old 2023-01-28, 05:12   Link #4366
jagt

Quote:
Thank you.

Thank you for your answer and my apologies, jagt. Just to be clear, this scene that you described: “ she looked with optimism towards the possible future where the most likely her father would ask her to get engaged to Takahisa and didn't seem discontent with it”. What volume and chapter was this featured in?

Also was there any difference with the Lilianna of the Web Novel and the Light Novel in terms of her feelings for Takahisa?
I didn't quote the books, I just describbed how the Liliana of that time looked to me in my eyes. About the WN, after Liliana gave the letter to Miharu and she read it she was asked why she helped Takahisa, then Liliana said that one of her reasons was that she wanted to believe in the man she had feelings for, so it seems the Liliana of the WN loved Takahisa, but I as said before, the Liliana of the LN didn't seem to have any romantic feelings for Takahisa, he was a friend she had a good impression of but nothing more.
Old 2023-01-28, 05:38   Link #4367
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
I didn't quote the books, I just describbed how the Liliana of that time looked to me in my eyes. About the WN, after Liliana gave the letter to Miharu and she read it she was asked why she helped Takahisa, then Liliana said that one of her reasons was that she wanted to believe in the man she had feelings for, so it seems the Liliana of the WN loved Takahisa, but I as said before, the Liliana of the LN didn't seem to have any romantic feelings for Takahisa, he was a friend she had a good impression of but nothing more.
Thank you for your answer. I very much appreciate your help.
Old 2023-01-28, 09:56   Link #4368
Roberto1

is that dwarf supposed to be a Wise god?

if they wise gods are going to be enemies they should have more intimidating designs, that chibi/loli design is pitiful, how does a series survive without a good villain, until volume 22? only seirei can do it
Old 2023-01-30, 20:21   Link #4369
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Could also be a Disciple of one the Wise Gods.

But it could also be that not only the Wise Gods but all of their Disciples have already died, though. But in that case, I have no idea who that could be because humans shouldn't be able to do much against Rio and Sora.

And the chapter title "Takahisa's Remembrance" could just be referring to him reminiscing about something related to Miharu. But yeah, what others said about his behavior does seem to suggest him remembering about Rio. We'll see.
Old 2023-01-31, 10:14   Link #4370
ooPeaToo

The illustrations vol 23

vol 23 : https://imgur.com/a/PSCVVfY
ooPeaToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-31, 10:46   Link #4371
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooPeaToo View Post
The illustrations vol 23

vol 23 : https://imgur.com/a/PSCVVfY
Thank you for the illustrations.

She slapped him boys, she slapped him. And it seems like most fans are getting what they asked for, if that last illustration is any indicator, Takahisa is going down the path of no return.
Old 2023-01-31, 11:35   Link #4372
Voldigoad

well, this is one of my fav vols(altho I only read parts of it), the wrong desicion from last vol was about taka's confesion

the voice was not lina's, but some other wise god, the voice actually hates miharu, and wanted her to accept his proposal, but she outright reject it and says she hates him and slaps him, he goes mind broken and kills a person(villager A) from garlac

Rio and Sora goes to the westernmost part of stharl, to the holy country of armade, there is a labiryth in the country where the demons first came and divine war started,Reiss is the pope of that country.

the country was formed after dragon king wiped out the demons in the divine war, Sora is way toooo OP, she can kill multiple hero killers(the one from vol 19) with her breath alone.

the loli is not Reiss but they are related

Last edited by LKK; 2023-01-31 at 14:03.
Voldigoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-31, 14:49   Link #4373
Roberto1

this is the most trashy volume to date, are we supposed to believe that reis is the head of state of a country we've never heard of before?
21 previous volumes and said country had never been mentioned, not even a hint had been given, and we're supposed to swallow this BS?

All this time reading Reis's POV and he never said anything about this, not even a mention or a hint, neither Reis nor all the acquaintances with whom he has interacted, charles, arbor, nidor proxia etc? Nobody ever said anything,

Let's be honest, all this plot of Reis being head of state was just devised by the author, author had not contemplated it before this vol, this is just rubbish, a novice writer could do better job than this damned author

I can't believe it, cancel the novel please, am I the only one who feels real disgust and pity for the author? He doesn't have what it takes to write a story, his work disgusts me
Old 2023-01-31, 16:27   Link #4374
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
this is the most trashy volume to date, are we supposed to believe that reis is the head of state of a country we've never heard of before?
21 previous volumes and said country had never been mentioned, not even a hint had been given, and we're supposed to swallow this BS?

All this time reading Reis's POV and he never said anything about this, not even a mention or a hint, neither Reis nor all the acquaintances with whom he has interacted, charles, arbor, nidor proxia etc? Nobody ever said anything,

Let's be honest, all this plot of Reis being head of state was just devised by the author, author had not contemplated it before this vol, this is just rubbish, a novice writer could do better job than this damned author

I can't believe it, cancel the novel please, am I the only one who feels real disgust and pity for the author? He doesn't have what it takes to write a story, his work disgusts me
Yes, we are. The books says so, so there is no denying it, if you don't want to accept it that's your problem not the series'. So what if it was an unknown country? There hasn't been any single word about what there was or wasn't in Stralh's westernmost parts, so there is no contradiction among books. It isn't like every light novel series tells you in advance how many countries there are in their worlds either.

What it is supposed to be so unbelievable about finding out that Reis, a man that to date has showed how he had used three different identities for progressing a plan yet to be revealed, hiding things to people that he has qualified several times as expendable or not very valueabale? The surprising would be to find out he honestly cared about the heavenly lions, Nidor or the Proxia empire and had no secrets for them.

If being devised by the author makes a book's plot trash then you would have to hate absolutely every novel in existence, because there isn't a single one whose plot wasn't devised by its author, precisely that is an author's duty, to devise the book's plot. This is also my first time listening that a book's plot, something you nor anyone else knows when was written, needs to be made a x quantity of time in advance for qualifying as valid.

And lastly. Go write your own novel and sell millions of books yourself if it is as easy as you say it is. But do it after explainig why should anyone take into account the opinion about a book of someone that didn't read it.
Old 2023-01-31, 19:05   Link #4375
Voldigoad

Quote:
Yes, we are. The books says so, so there is no denying it, if you don't want to accept it that's your problem not the series'. So what if it was an unknown country? There hasn't been any single word about what there was or wasn't in Stralh's westernmost parts, so there is no contradiction among books. It isn't like every light novel series tells you in advance how many countries there are in their worlds either.

What it is supposed to be so unbelievable about finding out that Reis, a man that to date has showed how he had used three different identities for progressing a plan yet to be revealed, hiding things to people that he has qualified several times as expendable or not very valueabale? The surprising would be to find out he honestly cared about the heavenly lions, Nidor or the Proxia empire and had no secrets for them.

If being devised by the author makes a book's plot trash then you would have to hate absolutely every novel in existence, because there isn't a single one whose plot wasn't devised by its author, precisely that is an author's duty, to devise the book's plot. This is also my first time listening that a book's plot, something you nor anyone else knows when was written, needs to be made a x quantity of time in advance for qualifying as valid.

And lastly. Go write your own novel and sell millions of books yourself if it is as easy as you say it is. But do it after explainig why should anyone take into account the opinion about a book of someone that didn't read it.
Although its true I didnt read the whole book, i was just giving my initial impression after just reasing the text near the illustrations, sorry if it offended others

Also roberto, I was just giving the main important points of the book, i still havent properly read chapter 2 and the rest, so there should be a proper reasonings for each of it that i dont know.

And about author devising everything, after all reiss did, you find him being a country head is surprising?we already know Reiss manipulated behind the scenes to cause the war in beltrum, and removed the rubia kingdom from the alliance whats so surprising about this

Edit:Jagt, I wanted to ask, the "immigrant child" takahisha mentioned, is it rio?
Voldigoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-31, 19:13   Link #4376
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldigoad View Post
Although its true I didnt read the whole book, i was just giving my initial impression after just reasing the text near the illustrations, sorry if it offended others.
Also roberto, I was just giving the main important points of the book, i still havent properly read chapter 2 and the rest, so there should be a proper reasonings for each of it that i dont know.

And about author devising everything, after all reiss did, you find him being a country head is surprising?we already know Reiss manipulated behind the scenes to cause the war in beltrum, and removed the rubia kingdom from the alliance whats so surprising about this

Edit:Jagt, I wanted to ask, the "immigrant child" takahisha mentioned, is it rio?
You have no need to apologize, you didn't offend me or anyone else. Roberto is just a bot trapped in a loop of making up crap for talking the series down for almost three years now and I just pointed out some inconsistencies of said crap. I seriously don't know what might have made you think you offended anyone but be relieved that you didn't. At most you bothered a little the moderator that merged your comments in one, this forum has a rule against double posting, so I advise you to use the edit button if you want to add to previous comment instead.

I write the summary at the same time that I read the book, so I didn't read Takahisa's part yet.
Old 2023-02-01, 01:05   Link #4377
hihoperorin

Wth guys, are you really gonna take Roberto seriously, just ignore him, not to be mean but there is no value to be found in what he says. I'd rather hear your impressions on the book and some spoilers, is it really the best vol to date?
Old 2023-02-01, 01:23   Link #4378
Xan2341

Quote:
Wth guys, are you really gonna take Roberto seriously, just ignore him, not to be mean but there is no value to be found in what he says. I'd rather hear your impressions on the book and some spoilers, is it really the best vol to date?
I enjoyed it much more than volume 22. There were a few moments I was getting ready to create some memes such as:

- "Is it wrong for the Dragon King to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"

- "The Dragon King becomes a G rank adventurer but is in fact the strongest"

Luckily these spin off Seirei titles did not come to fruition. I did enjoy some more lore drops and the volume was a good pacing of action and slow life. My main criticism is the build up surrounding Miharu, Takahisa and the unknown voice.

While there is no evidence the voice from 21 is the same as volume 22-23, the past two volumes this 'choice' has been dangled over us. We are reminded by the voice several times this volume, and Miharu also ponders it. Then the voice loses its persona, and tells Miharu it dislikes her after chewing her out. Miharu also doesnt recall the choice any more after that. Did we see Miharu make the choice? There was no real hesitation in Miharu's actions to where, what was the point of the voice? If this choice is in volume 24, then why the synopsis of volume 23?

Other than that good volume. I am curious about the spoiler text for next volume. Assuming its not a bait and switch, someone remembers Rio? An enemy?
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-01, 01:45   Link #4379
hihoperorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan2341 View Post
I enjoyed it much more than volume 22. There were a few moments I was getting ready to create some memes such as:

- "Is it wrong for the Dragon King to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?"

- "The Dragon King becomes a G rank adventurer but is in fact the strongest"

Luckily these spin off Seirei titles did not come to fruition. I did enjoy some more lore drops and the volume was a good pacing of action and slow life. My main criticism is the build up surrounding Miharu, Takahisa and the unknown voice.

I can already picture Rio and Sora in the labyrinth. I hope the author ends Takahisa's drama next vol, besides that, it wasn't funny how he dangled Miharu remembering in front of us with the cover then she doesn't.

Quote:
While there is no evidence the voice from 21 is the same as volume 22-23, the past two volumes this 'choice' has been dangled over us. We are reminded by the voice several times this volume, and Miharu also ponders it. Then the voice loses its persona, and tells Miharu it dislikes her after chewing her out. Miharu also doesnt recall the choice any more after that. Did we see Miharu make the choice? There was no real hesitation in Miharu's actions to where, what was the point of the voice? If this choice is in volume 24, then why the synopsis of volume 23?
Not that I'm saying it's bad but at this point it's the author most overused trick, he gives us some hints that blatantly point towards something and keeps most good hints at the reveal of that thing, which turns to be completely different from what we thought, I like this way he does things in that my prediction are usually off. This may be another case of that, either way, Takahisa will probably walk a path of blood and evil past this point, which will at some turning point greatly change something. So basically, I assume what matters in the choice is mostly the path it leads Takahisa down once Miharu makes it and we're likely to see its results later down the road/plot.

Quote:
Other than that good volume. I am curious about the spoiler text for next volume. Assuming its not a bait and switch, someone remembers Rio? An enemy?
You mean the line that says they'll absolutely find and kill the immigrant brat? I honestly thought a wise god told Takahisa that Miharu loves an immigrant with white hair and red eyes and to go kill him if he wants her. But the way of talking is too rough to be him, maybe its Renji.
Old 2023-02-01, 04:22   Link #4380
Xan2341

Quote:
You mean the line that says they'll absolutely find and kill the immigrant brat? I honestly thought a wise god told Takahisa that Miharu loves an immigrant with white hair and red eyes and to go kill him if he wants her. But the way of talking is too rough to be him, maybe its Renji.
Yeah that line. I am not putting too much stock into the spoiler text, as both the text and volume synopsis are really not matching the volume content lately these last couple releases. I took it as Takahisa has hit rock bottom, the volume ends with him having just killed some thug and is wandering around the slums of Galarc. Assuming the author is going to give him even more screen time next volume, he would be the one to utter those lines.

Rio is the only one who announced himself as an immigrant to everyone in the early volumes, including Takahisa. So that is probably the bait, the switch may be it ends up being one of the other Yagumo characters in Gouki's group. I am starting to believe any progress on the rules is going to come from Celia at this point and author is going to keep her as busy as possible to drag out her ability to look into the masks. She is on her way back in volume 24 with her mother, but next up is Christina's coronation. So Celia will be pulled into that.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai