AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2022-12-05, 23:34   Link #12741
thebignumber3

hi all, i need help with this anime
- i don't really have much detail. i saw it on a tiktok with the song suzume no tojimari

the tiktok had one scene in it and it was basically this girl being controlled or forced into the street where a truck is coming.
The boy (who forced her) was saying like "Dragon Slayer. Vampire Killer. Exorcist. ...."
sorry english is not my first language
thebignumber3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-24, 12:02   Link #12742
Tatsumi

For Tatsumi:

I might recommend re-checking Chuunibyou (but season 2) since it did sound a lot like Episode 9, where Kumin's Uncle hurt his back and they have to go help their Aunt keep the Beach Cafe open for the day. Touka/sister (badass) shows up with her ladle and they joke that the little girl is her daughter. The battle on the beach and the 'aura'/powers are featured along with the usual bonk on the head. But no portal I can remember, though. Example screenshots/summary (uncle not mentioned there).

But if you've confirmed it's not it and since gotten to episode 9 (season 2?) then I might have one other suggestion for now. Could be mixing some things up, or other episodes; or might not be it. Check further below.

The past suggestion for "Squid Girl" did come to mind for me as well given the beach side cafe and while there are no formal magic powers, the manager would be considered a badass (but is the eldest), and there are often "battle" / "passion" auras. And while I don't remember any portals, the last episode or so (was it tv or ova..) had a giant whirlpool; but I think that part is likely not a match. Quick example of aura/fight/manager (youtube). No uncle I can remember, but there is a competitor that has a shy daughter.

Lastly, but maybe the best I could think of - older title maybe "Natsu no Arashi!" (Summer Storm!) ? The shop is set by an ocean at a questionable Coffee Shop / Cafe, where there are some powers involved, and the owner/manager might be considered a badass. I can't remember a portal as I did not watch all of it, but they can "Connect" with each other to time travel (like a circular hole effect), and there is at least one underground passage/cave at some point. Lots of episode screenshots on Random Curiosity (beware of fanservice in the show), like these for episode 12. There may be a past grandfather but not sure about uncle. There are sisters with one being a badass, but not a little girl in there I don't think?

I'm going to put this here for now so I don't forget since I can't find the past notes. Sorry for the wall of text."

Hi and thanks for all the brain cpu cycles! I looked at the suggested titles and so far no go. Something I should have mentioned is I am fairly sure the lady who runs the secret/hidden cafe is kitsune or neko, leaning towards kitsune. It was available when kill la kill came out so it's at least that old.
Thanks again everyone for all the suggestions!
Tatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-03, 04:24   Link #12743
meimou

Help finding anime

I remember someone showing it to me but I only remember watching a fight scene. Based on what I saw im guessing genre was most likely fantasy maybe action too and it didnt look old but not recent maybe late 2000’s? The anime had dull colors a lot of grays and the plot might have been the characters fighting over something important but take that with a grain of salt

The scene I watched was between two guys i only remember one
Pretty simple design had cat ears and tail he had dark somewhat short wavy hair may of been a dark purple

I know this is very little to work with but if it even reminds you of an anime I’d really appreciate the suggestion since im kind of desperate here

EDIT;nvm i found it. It was Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers, my memory was so off

Last edited by meimou; 2023-01-04 at 04:17.
meimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-03, 23:48   Link #12744
Kurohane

Black Cat or maybe Shugo Chara?
Old 2023-01-22, 10:33   Link #12745
Matpia

Hi, I need help identifing an anime that I saw a couple of random episodes on TV and I have been tryong to identify it on my own for years. It should be AT LEAST 15-20 years old, possibly more. I don't know if it was an anime from Japan or just using the style, because I watched it dubbed in polish on a random channel (it would be awkward if it was a non-anime cartoon, my memory is fuzzy, but there were giant robots ;p). Pieces that I remember: it was a postapocalypic setting with parts of the world being a dessert. A girl(possibly a princes) finds a boy in the dessert whil escaping some politycal struggle. That boy gets to pilot a huge robot and fight I don't remember what. Aliens? Then there is a part where an army of robot tanks emerge from a swamp an start attacking th regular army of the country. And one general turns traitor with his army but they all get infected by something in their jungle base and turn into green zombies. This i all I remember or at least I think tht's how it went. I was very young at the time. I hope sombody recognises something out of this
Matpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-26, 00:44   Link #12746
newtries

Searching for an anime that I watched on a TV Channel about 6-7 years ago.

I'm not quite sure what the name was, but I vaguely remembered it had Marianne or Marianna something with Mari for the title. Or Maybe I misremembered it, i'm not entirely sure.

The main character(the Mari-something) had white hair?? She wore like a white colored-light dress, no long sleeves which overall looks really light to wear. There was also a kingdom with a village with people like Mari, I think they could do Magic or something??
Mari had two other best friends, a girl who I think was the king's daughter, and a boy.
Then another kingdom is forced to unite the two kingdoms or something, and the king's daughter(Mari's friend) has to marry the prince from another kingdom.
And then I remembered Mari left the kingdom and went to live in a house with a farm that's quite away from the kingdom, where she met like a little kid. And she sort of adopted him?? I don't know what happened to his parents. And Mari and the little boy went to a city where they rented a motel? And Mari worked as a waiter for the motel I think. And then there was like a festival where like the prince and the Mari's friend had a wedding or a coronation, and Mari went there to try to convince her friend to go back to her kingdom. But her friend was pregnant?
And then the little boy grew up and became a solider and married a girl.
It was almost near the end of the show.
Mari's friend who was pregnant had already given birth, and the prince hates her. She's in love with knight or something and next thing I remember there's a battle. The little boy went to war while the girl he married was giving birth. And Mari went to help her give birth?? And the little boy almost died, but then he was alive the next morning. And then things just kind of wrapped up and the end. Also, They rode like dragons at the end of the movie.

I know this storyline seems kind of messed up, but that's all I could remember. I really want to find this anime again, so I'd really appreciate your help!
newtries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-28, 04:47   Link #12747
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtries View Post
I'm not quite sure what the name was, but I vaguely remembered it had Marianne or Marianna something with Mari for the title. Or Maybe I misremembered it, i'm not entirely sure.

The main character(the Mari-something) had white hair?? She wore like a white colored-light dress, no long sleeves which overall looks really light to wear. There was also a kingdom with a village with people like Mari, I think they could do Magic or something??
Mari had two other best friends, a girl who I think was the king's daughter, and a boy.
Then another kingdom is forced to unite the two kingdoms or something, and the king's daughter(Mari's friend) has to marry the prince from another kingdom.
And then I remembered Mari left the kingdom and went to live in a house with a farm that's quite away from the kingdom, where she met like a little kid. And she sort of adopted him?? I don't know what happened to his parents. And Mari and the little boy went to a city where they rented a motel? And Mari worked as a waiter for the motel I think. And then there was like a festival where like the prince and the Mari's friend had a wedding or a coronation, and Mari went there to try to convince her friend to go back to her kingdom. But her friend was pregnant?
And then the little boy grew up and became a solider and married a girl.
It was almost near the end of the show.
Mari's friend who was pregnant had already given birth, and the prince hates her. She's in love with knight or something and next thing I remember there's a battle. The little boy went to war while the girl he married was giving birth. And Mari went to help her give birth?? And the little boy almost died, but then he was alive the next morning. And then things just kind of wrapped up and the end. Also, They rode like dragons at the end of the movie.

I know this storyline seems kind of messed up, but that's all I could remember. I really want to find this anime again, so I'd really appreciate your help!
Update: Requester has confirmed the above as identified/correct (title from 5 years back is spoiler tagged below) through separate channels; just noting so others don't worry over it or if anyone comes here in the future through a search.

Hi! I just noticed this and sent to toss out one to check real quick.

In the first sentence or two I wondered about likely incorrect ones like "When Marnie Was There" but crossing "Mary and the witch's flower" to visiting society with other maybe similar folks. (Not those after the first small bit of reading).

Spoiler for hiding title/info in retroactive attempt to avoid spoiler by association for passerby (despite above original details; now that it is confirmed):

Update: newtries request above has been confirmed to be identified

I'm appending something unrelated in response to someone's past reply, if you don't mind. In case they see it checking later. It is unrelated to newtries' request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumi View Post
For Tatsumi:
(Removed past reply text from above here)

Something I should have mentioned is I am fairly sure the lady who runs the secret/hidden cafe is kitsune or neko, leaning towards kitsune. It was available when kill la kill came out so it's at least that old.
When you said this, Kyoukai no Kanata instantly/suddenly popped into my head for a moment due to the small "hole in the wall" cafe/shop, other world/area, owner Ayaka (nine tail fox) and that quote. But otherwise could not think at the time that the rest sounded like it would match with helping out at a shop with an uncle (but there was a letter/postcards from family), beach, portal creation versus barriers/borders existing etc so I did not mention it as it likely would just be extra noise but am now tossing it in while making another reply just in case that seemed familiar and I happen to be forgetting the other parts were somehow in the series. I'd never ended up watching the summary and follow up movie, though. Mostly mentioned so someone that watched it more recently can say "no the rest definitely not" or to check but I would assume not at the moment. I don't remember much of the tunnel or there world passage but remember the blue area in caves to cross and discuss a few things. Unsure about little *related* quiet/shy girl/youkai (ayaka's little sister) having any matching or for the other characters. (The judge from the mini specials... Shindou Ai) It has been quite a while. Probably not but I planned to mention on my next comment if no other feedback from others. If anything, know if i suddenly bump into a better candidate I'll be sure to let you know, even if it's likely I don't know the one beyond the past guesses. Was pretty sure I could throw away neco arc(?) from tsukihime/typemoon universe related franchise coffee shop but guess I could mention that while here. haha. and as Tenzen12 mentioned about the hataraku maou-sama novels, the second season has now come and gone, just in case you previously saw it in the future before that anime aired the other year :'( (with the beach side cafe and badass owner and the not owner related but the toddler that is certainly powerful and related to swords). (Edit: oops I keep injection "sword" thinking it was brought up as an aspect of the original request, because the chuunibyou bit kept coming into mind, argh. I'll puge that from the memory)

Just in case it helps for later if you see this, to reduce some noise and guessing, do you remember if the kitsune-ish character had visible ears or animal features in usual interactions on was it hidden and implied?

Last edited by anime2004; 2023-04-06 at 02:23. Reason: Mobile phone misordered typos. :S Added Tatsumi extra note/weak guesses while here; newtries confirmed title identified
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-08, 10:56   Link #12748
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matpia View Post
Hi, I need help identifing an anime that I saw a couple of random episodes on TV and I have been tryong to identify it on my own for years. It should be AT LEAST 15-20 years old, possibly more. I don't know if it was an anime from Japan or just using the style, because I watched it dubbed in polish on a random channel (it would be awkward if it was a non-anime cartoon, my memory is fuzzy, but there were giant robots ;p). Pieces that I remember: it was a postapocalypic setting with parts of the world being a dessert. A girl(possibly a princes) finds a boy in the dessert whil escaping some politycal struggle. That boy gets to pilot a huge robot and fight I don't remember what. Aliens? Then there is a part where an army of robot tanks emerge from a swamp an start attacking th regular army of the country. And one general turns traitor with his army but they all get infected by something in their jungle base and turn into green zombies. This i all I remember or at least I think tht's how it went. I was very young at the time. I hope sombody recognises something out of this
Wait a second, maybe (if not TV but a movie, I'll mention it just in case):
Spoiler for movie title/links:

but that isn't a TV series (unless it's misremembering or shown in pieces, and the zombie part may not match exactly).

I'm not sure about the green "zombie" aspect but there is a miasma (fungus like spores) that is a central threat/theme (and kills humans/animals). The desert and the meeting of girl(princess) and boy definitely match up, and there is some betrayal. There is also a base in the jungle/forest, and the "aliens" could be the "insects" which definitely will look alien like.
Spoiler for more about the movie:

The piloting a huge robot had me thinking about mecha anime (like Mospeada or a piece of robotech; or maybe Okawari-Boy Starzan for the forest versus other society and the robot group that causes trouble, but I've not seen but tiny parts of Starzan and it is probably not a match), but not much of the rest. Things like betrayal to help the actual aliens (or what they might think of as aliens) might match in order to strike a deal in secret to keep them away, or a foreign girl/princess that joins, but doesn't sound close enough. There are some mechanical tanks used but those not specifically robots. The movie I mentioned would likely be more better known and it's been adapted to several other languages at least, which I was trying to keep in mind.

In the Movie I suggested in the spoiler tag above, the boy doesn't pilot a traditional robot, but quickly gets to ride/fly with one of the massive airships for a short time, after piloting a smaller plane and the princess and both later fly on a smaller glider. Also, for the "part where an army of robot tanks emerge from a swamp an start attacking th regular army of the country"
Spoiler for more about the movie and tanks emerging:

I'm not sure if that is the right one but I wanted to bring it up just in case it is worth checking on or if it helps to clarify any aspects of it.

Last edited by anime2004; 2023-04-08 at 11:14.
Old 2023-04-08, 15:47   Link #12749
HashbrownMan

anime/manga

I'm like 85% sure nobody knows what this is but uhhhhh

There's this taiwanese book (I think it's taiwanese but it might be chinese) comic manga type book about a boy who can barely write chinese symbols and found a robot that can do things with commands in the form of chinese symbols, like writing the chinese symbol for unbrella on the back/the top of the robot grants said robot a umbrella, then there's like I think some other robots in like the future books I THINK one of them uses a dice or something?

Sadly that's all I can remember, the last time I read it (so you guys know when it was made) was somewhere around 5 years ago?

So yea, I don't know if I will get an answer from someone or not, probably not, but I'll keep my hopes up.
HashbrownMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-23, 04:51   Link #12750
lolonhanlo

I have very little information to go off because I read this manga when I was like 9 or 10. All I remember is that the main character has (I think) a larger than life sword, which doesn’t narrow it down(I know). The individuals in the Manga are in a group together. The only sort of concrete reference I have is the front cover of the 4th volume of the manga. It features the only lady in the group with a crop top with a heart shaped hole in the middle of her cleavage with some writing either on her breasts or the top itself sayinf ‘put face here’ with an arrow pointing to the middle of her cleavage. Will be impressed if anyone can pinpoint this manga.
lolonhanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-24, 23:20   Link #12751
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolonhanlo View Post
I have very little information to go off because I read this manga when I was like 9 or 10. All I remember is that the main character has (I think) a larger than life sword, which doesn’t narrow it down(I know). The individuals in the Manga are in a group together. The only sort of concrete reference I have is the front cover of the 4th volume of the manga. It features the only lady in the group with a crop top with a heart shaped hole in the middle of her cleavage with some writing either on her breasts or the top itself sayinf ‘put face here’ with an arrow pointing to the middle of her cleavage. Will be impressed if anyone can pinpoint this manga.
Rave Groove Adventure?
I'm just guessing on the sword, that you read it a long time ago, and the girl having big enough breasts

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-27, 00:15   Link #12752
Corinthian_

saw anime preview on youtube

i’m pretty sure the show was romance themed it had a school boy with black hair and teal ish green eyes with a school girl with purple ish hair and maybe a very light purple for eyes i can’t really remember her well but it’s in Japanese i’m pretty sure the show it’s kinda similar to “k-on!”.
Corinthian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-04, 12:25   Link #12753
KAMITATSU

hello it may be impossible to find it. so i saw a meme short video there is a seen of an teacher she is blond and have quite long hair she is an adult and she was huging the main character saying yees oh yees in very sexy american like voice
KAMITATSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-19, 09:54   Link #12754
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

I am looking for an old finished manga.

It was a master-apprentice school shounen that ran for 20, 30 or so chapters. The master was the main male protag who was a student and his apprentice was the main heroine who was also a school student. The male protag had a special magic that I think was one of the seven deadly sins Gluttony and the magic was manifested as a mouth across his chest that could fire magic but the magic also ate part of his emotions (because of that, he never gets embarrassed with the female protag). He loses the magic later on and that returns his emotions. Near the end of the manga, he finds his father who had a demon lord daughter or something (making the demon lord daughter the main protag’s half sister). The main hero risks his life at the end, with the heroine saying something like I rather lose the world than you in tears. Everyone survives though.

While the manga ended well, the story was notable for feeling very very rushed. There was an comedic epilogue involving the father, main hero, main heroine and the demon lord sister, I think.

Any help is truly appreciated.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 00:25   Link #12755
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Just one bizarre scene

I don't remember much of anything, but there was this scene from a very old anime (I believe the scene was included in the old hour-long AMV "Animix") where, if I'm remembering it correctly, some alien creature had a powerful weapon that ran on pain or life force or psychic energy or something, and thus to fuel it a large number of harmless critters were put into basically a giant blender together. It was gruesome, but thankfully ended quickly.

A very different series, and one I've asked about before, but I'll ask again: there's a series I saw long ago, I think a mix of romcom and maybe a little bit of martial arts type action. One of the major potential love interests or rivals was frustrated over how her father had interfered in some plan of hers, so she tied him up and was torturing him. His maid/bodyguard showed up and she immediately asked her not to stop her. Instead of stopping her, the maid told her that the efforts were useless as her father was actually enjoying it, leading her to finally notice in disgust that her dad was indeed asking her to keep going.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-02, 15:50   Link #12756
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I don't remember much of anything, but there was this scene from a very old anime (I believe the scene was included in the old hour-long AMV "Animix") where, if I'm remembering it correctly, some alien creature had a powerful weapon that ran on pain or life force or psychic energy or something, and thus to fuel it a large number of harmless critters were put into basically a giant blender together. It was gruesome, but thankfully ended quickly.
I think the title you're looking for is Maps.
Old 2023-07-18, 14:50   Link #12757
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Forgot the name of a manga

It's an isekai where the hero's entire class is summoned by a cruel princess and he alone is kicked out. I don't exactly remember his powers but he's rescued by skeletons, most of which give their lives and pass on while three get major upgrades in exchange. He checks on his classmates from time to time while trying to find a way to save them from the tyrannical princess who just sees them as weapons and has absolutely no problem working them to death if they won't get in line.
Old 2023-07-18, 15:41   Link #12758
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
It's an isekai where the hero's entire class is summoned by a cruel princess and he alone is kicked out. I don't exactly remember his powers but he's rescued by skeletons, most of which give their lives and pass on while three get major upgrades in exchange. He checks on his classmates from time to time while trying to find a way to save them from the tyrannical princess who just sees them as weapons and has absolutely no problem working them to death if they won't get in line.
Hazure Hantei kara Hajimatta Cheat Majutsushi Seikatsu

Or, "Life as a Cheat Magician that began with a False Judgment"
Old 2023-07-18, 18:47   Link #12759
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Hazure Hantei kara Hajimatta Cheat Majutsushi Seikatsu

Or, "Life as a Cheat Magician that began with a False Judgment"
Thanks, that's the one. All the way to the cute partner that the idiot didn't realize was a girl (as always), which I wasn't sure was the same series.

As for Maps mentioned above, I'm going to have to look again through the series. Skimmed before and somehow missed it, even though I thought it was that one.
Old 2023-07-21, 04:58   Link #12760
anime2004

Quote:
As for Maps mentioned above, I'm going to have to look again through the series. Skimmed before and somehow missed it, even though I thought it was that one.
If it helps, I can confirm it's a scene was in the 1994 OVA (maybe one of the first few episodes?) though it might be brief with a longer leadup. (Not the 1987 movie)

Also, in case you want to quick see a bit of the scene to help with finding it in the source episode. (look for the one armed eyed staring grey/mellon octopus-ball-like aliens).. The specific scene was featured in "AMV Hell 2" (around 1m28s ish, one of the shorter/early hells), just beware the off color jokes (including /that/ one(?) scene from Perfect Blue not long after it's clip) if thinking of checking that project while at work etc. That AMV project is on YouTube but I'll avoid linking, per that warining. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in "animix" though without going to find the credits list and times I can't point you to it as I don't think I'd watched that project.

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel