AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-17, 19:37   Link #161
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Aoko and Zeltrech, 2 very powerful magician did exist. None of the Masters of the Grail War can touch them at all, technically.
Old 2006-02-17, 20:13   Link #162
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Aoko and Zeltrech are probably one of the few human Mages alive that can break through Saber's Magic Resistence.
Old 2006-02-19, 00:40   Link #163
rpgkiller999

Do you guys think

Spoiler:

Would be interesting to see if the anime shows those development.
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 04:15   Link #164
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgkiller999
Do you guys think

Spoiler:

Would be interesting to see if the anime shows those development.
Technically, since his gradation air came from his reality marble, they're all the same.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 14:30   Link #165
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
To the game players out there:
Do you think feel that the anime version of F/sn is portraying the characters in a way that you feel is justified? There has been much Shirou bashing heat in the episode threads, and i was wondering, did you feel the same way about him in the beginning? Did you think he was a total moron, or did you think he was simply naive?
Also, do you think in this series time span, they will bring out his character effectively, or do you think it'll be a last minute, spontaneous out of left field occurence that they show some serious character development?
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 17:29   Link #166
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates
To the game players out there:
Do you think feel that the anime version of F/sn is portraying the characters in a way that you feel is justified? There has been much Shirou bashing heat in the episode threads, and i was wondering, did you feel the same way about him in the beginning? Did you think he was a total moron, or did you think he was simply naive?
Also, do you think in this series time span, they will bring out his character effectively, or do you think it'll be a last minute, spontaneous out of left field occurence that they show some serious character development?
Overall, the anime does a good job with the characters, and besides a few personal preference issues (Sakura's voice is still too "sweet" for my liking, Ilya and Berserker's overall image felt off, etc.), everyone was represented nicely (especially Fuji-nee). But then again, the anime is pretty much using the game's plot and dialogues, so maybe it's obvious that the characters feel the same from the game.

As for Shirou, that's the problem with the anime. For the game, Shirou is the narrator, we (the player) sees the whole game (well, most of it) through his point of view in first-person narration. A significant portion of the novel text involved Shirou's inner thoughts and beliefs, his thought processes and how he came to possess them. So for us gamers, we know exactly why Shirou did what he did, given that we were allowed to literally read everything that went on through his mind at the time.

The anime, on the other hand, is presented in a 3rd person point of view, so Shirou in the anime is simply "a main character", rather than "the narrator". All people could see are his resulting "actions" without being able to see the "thoughts".

When we boil it down though, the fact that Shirou is somewhat of an idealist and a dreamer doesn't change between the game and the anime, and the way I see it, it makes Shirou a realistic character (nobody in real life acts with perfect logic, sometime people just do illogical things, especially under extraordinary circumstances). Of course, Shirou doesn't stay that way either, in every scenario of the game, Shirou was clearly more mature and grown up by the time we reached the end. Still a bit of a dolt, but that's him.

As for how the anime will develop him, I don't think that'll be a problem. Really, if they go with the UBW route and show Shirou using his _______ ______, I'm sure the coolness factor will make everyone forget everything stupid that he ever did.
Old 2006-02-19, 17:35   Link #167
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
When we boil it down though, the fact that Shirou is somewhat of an idealist and a dreamer doesn't change between the game and the anime, and the way I see it, it makes Shirou a realistic character (nobody in real life acts with perfect logic).
How the hell is what he did in Ep6 and Ep7 realistic. He charge out after a enemy after getting a hole put through his arm. And in Ep7 he was told to go home becuase it was dangerous for him to be alone and what did he do. he went to investsgate alone and that after what happen the pervious ep. I am pretty sure a realistic reaction people would be to call backup. And thats not logic just plain common sense. Which Shirou seems to sorely in lacking.
Old 2006-02-19, 17:52   Link #168
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Overall, the anime does a good job with the characters, and besides a few personal preference issues (Sakura's voice is still too "sweet" for my liking, Ilya and Berserker's overall image felt off, etc.), everyone was represented nicely (especially Fuji-nee). But then again, the anime is pretty much using the game's plot and dialogues, so maybe it's obvious that the characters feel the same from the game.

As for Shirou, that's the problem with the anime. For the game, Shirou is the narrator, we (the player) sees the whole game (well, most of it) through his point of view in first-person narration. A significant portion of the novel text involved Shirou's inner thoughts and beliefs, his thought processes and how he came to possess them. So for us gamers, we know exactly why Shirou did what he did, given that we were allowed to literally read everything that went on through his mind at the time.

The anime, on the other hand, is presented in a 3rd person point of view, so Shirou in the anime is simply "a main character", rather than "the narrator". All people could see are his resulting "actions" without being able to see the "thoughts".

When we boil it down though, the fact that Shirou is somewhat of an idealist and a dreamer doesn't change between the game and the anime, and the way I see it, it makes Shirou a realistic character (nobody in real life acts with perfect logic, sometime people just do illogical things, especially under extraordinary circumstances). Of course, Shirou doesn't stay that way either, in every scenario of the game, Shirou was clearly more mature and grown up by the time we reached the end. Still a bit of a dolt, but that's him.

As for how the anime will develop him, I don't think that'll be a problem. Really, if they go with the UBW route and show Shirou using his _______ ______, I'm sure the coolness factor will make everyone forget everything stupid that he ever did.

Thanks Sushi for that look into Shirou's viewpoint. I've played some of the game and i find with translations from game to anime we find that we don't get nearly as "in depth" look into a character's personality as we do in the game. If we could tell what he was thinking and why he thought this way, then i'm sure many more people would understand him. Though, then, people would complain about the length of extra material.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 02:25   Link #169
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Why were two CD singles released for disillusion, the opening theme?

The first that I downloaded is sung by M.H.

The second one, which I'm currently listening to, is sung by Tainaka Sachi and is the rendition heard in the anime.

Is it true that the anime will last 24 episodes, because Fate/Stay night entry at Anime News Network listed it.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-20, 05:04   Link #170
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates
Thanks Sushi for that look into Shirou's viewpoint. I've played some of the game and i find with translations from game to anime we find that we don't get nearly as "in depth" look into a character's personality as we do in the game. If we could tell what he was thinking and why he thought this way, then i'm sure many more people would understand him. Though, then, people would complain about the length of extra material.
It can't be helped, if we were to reproduce everything from the game, you'd probably get whole episodes of Shirou doing nothing but thinking. Although the fact remains that Shirou have done some pretty senseless things throughout the whole story, at least the readers (us) knows what was going on through his mind when he did them. Just like how Rin and Saber gets angry at Shirou whenever he does something foolish, the anime watchers are also simply "observers", they have no idea what was going on within Shirou's mind, so I wouldn't be surprised if they shared the same feelings with Rin and Saber.

On the other hand, there are lots of points within the game where the player has to make a choice in a situation, many of them are made during battles and many of them can lead to deaths (bad ends).

For example, during episode 6, many anime watchers probably thought "why didn't Shirou use his command seal to call for Saber's help when he was fighting with Rider?". This actually was an available choice during the game, but had Shirou (the player) chosen to use it, he would've had his hand instantly sliced off by Rider, and then killed. Bad End. So as bad as his choices may look, the Shirou in the anime is actually making all the right selections.

Anyways, if the only minus for an anime conversion of a 60-hours-long visual novel is the fact that the anime watchers really dislike Shirou, then so be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Why were two CD singles released for disillusion, the opening theme?

The first that I downloaded is sung by M.H.

The second one, which I'm currently listening to, is sung by Tainaka Sachi and is the rendition heard in the anime.

Is it true that the anime will last 24 episodes, because Fate/Stay night entry at Anime News Network listed it.
"THIS ILLUSION" is the opening theme song for the original game, composed by Number 201, and sung by M.H..

"disillusion"(a rearranged version of "THIS ILLUSION" by Kawai Kenji) is the opening theme song for the anime, and is sung by Tainaka Sachi.

According to MOON PHASE, yes, Fate/stay night will be 24 episodes.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-02-20 at 05:14.
Old 2006-02-25, 16:02   Link #171
Boukenxha

Can someone tell me why is Rin seen in some pictures smoking? There's even a plush doll of her in that image, is there a story behind it?
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 09:53   Link #172
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Im just wondering if any1 has a full list of the servants stats and if maybe they could post them here or make a new thread with this info?
and their identites and abilities (noble phantasms?) reveaed as they are revealed in the anime?
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 11:30   Link #173
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
Im just wondering if any1 has a full list of the servants stats and if maybe they could post them here or make a new thread with this info?
and their identites and abilities (noble phantasms?) reveaed as they are revealed in the anime?
This is pretty much ripped from Moonlit World, but since it's filled with spoilers, I'll copy/paste the stuff that is revealed so far so you won't be spoiled on a click: http://www.geocities.com/max3075/top.htm

Spoiler for Saber:

Spoiler for Archer:

Spoiler for Lancer:

Spoiler for Berserker:
Old 2006-02-26, 13:05   Link #174
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

oo thank you, also im just wondering the about the tattoo on Rider forehead, does it have any meaning?
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 14:01   Link #175
deathgod1989

jaz wondering?in the anime who will end up together when it comes to romance?
deathgod1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 15:13   Link #176
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathgod1989
jaz wondering?in the anime who will end up together when it comes to romance?
Well...

Unlike almost all other visual novels, Fate isn't about 'who ends up with who', but about the story and characters, 'how everything fits in place' and resolving character issues and questions.

Also, in the game, Fate/stay night is seperated into three different storylines/dimensions; "Fate", "Unlimited Blade Works", and "Heaven's Feel".

Basically, in all three, the storyline starts out the same (though events can occur from the perspective of another character), though through seemingly insignificant deviations, the storylines turn out to be completely different, with different characters dying and different characters surviving.

Now the problem (this applies to all bishoujo games --> Anime conversions), is to figure out who the protagonist (in this case Shirou) should end up with in the end.

In other words, we have absaloutely no idea at this point, but the people working on it have hinted they liked the ending of the "Fate" scenerio the most, yet Unlimited Blade Works makes the most sense continunity wise for the anime since

Spoiler:

But general concensus is that it'll end up a merging between all three storylines.

But as to the main girls in Fate, and the possible outcomes...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-01, 15:48   Link #177
deathgod1989

thats my guess too..that it will be either of the three.....

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-03-02 at 14:15. Reason: Accidental octuple post removed.
deathgod1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 09:43   Link #178
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Damn, it's been a while since I last visited this forum...

Just here to ask a few questions (while hoping to stay in line with the thread topic)...

Spoiler:

*waits for Sushi-Y's post, and his butt getting whupped *
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 10:47   Link #179
Wrath88
Kissing...

I think the first one depends on what he is summoned as.
If he's summoned as an Archer, he should have a bow. But he was summoned as a Berserker, so it's some club-like sword. Hercules can be summoned as any servant class except Caster. Village Idiot posted it before.

Don't know about the 2nd qn though.
Old 2006-03-03, 11:02   Link #180
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen
Damn, it's been a while since I last visited this forum...

Just here to ask a few questions (while hoping to stay in line with the thread topic)...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2006-03-03 at 11:13.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote