Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 14:27   Link #521
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
It's not a hassle really, but I do not really understand how the whole system works. Do you translate it from screenshots of the game or what?
What I basically do is this:
1. Look at the Japanese text currently displayed on my PSP screen.
2. Retype this text on a Word document on my computer (I use a kanji dictionnary website to find the different kanji).
3. Copy this text onto several Japanese translation websites and put those translations I find are the most accurate under the Japanese text in my Word document.
4. Using both these translations and information from the kanji site, I come up with what I believe to be an approximate translation and then type it in the Word document.
5. Press O button on the PSP and then go to the next box of text.

As you can imagine, this proccess takes a long, LONG time in order to complete a single scene. But that doesn't mean I necessarily expect others to do the same as me: if they can come up with their own methods, that's great. Also, if a person didn't want to copy the text off their PSP or didn't have the game itself, I could ask them to go over the translations that are already done and see if they can imrpove it.

Of course, what you would actually do is up to you in the end.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 06:32   Link #522
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
What I basically do is this:
1. Look at the Japanese text currently displayed on my PSP screen.
2. Retype this text on a Word document on my computer (I use a kanji dictionnary website to find the different kanji).
3. Copy this text onto several Japanese translation websites and put those translations I find are the most accurate under the Japanese text in my Word document.
4. Using both these translations and information from the kanji site, I come up with what I believe to be an approximate translation and then type it in the Word document.
5. Press O button on the PSP and then go to the next box of text.

As you can imagine, this proccess takes a long, LONG time in order to complete a single scene. But that doesn't mean I necessarily expect others to do the same as me: if they can come up with their own methods, that's great. Also, if a person didn't want to copy the text off their PSP or didn't have the game itself, I could ask them to go over the translations that are already done and see if they can imrpove it.

Of course, what you would actually do is up to you in the end.
I wouldn't mind fixing the translations for you, or if you can give me the screenshot of the PSP game, I can translate them...

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 07:39   Link #523
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
I wouldn't mind fixing the translations for you, or if you can give me the screenshot of the PSP game, I can translate them...
Thank you very much! Please notify me whenever you have the time in December.

Now, I just have to get the money to buy that USB cable for my PSP...(I'm broke right now, you see.)

P.S. Does anyone think that the Mods and Admins would let me open my own thread for this project of mine? (I like to see what other people think, since I have my own serious doubts about it.) I need to find a way to make my translation project more well-known and this seems to be the best way to go about it.
Old 2009-11-26, 19:49   Link #524
Knightrunner

Quote:
Thank you very much! Please notify me whenever you have the time in December.

Now, I just have to get the money to buy that USB cable for my PSP...(I'm broke right now, you see.)

P.S. Does anyone think that the Mods and Admins would let me open my own thread for this project of mine? (I like to see what other people think, since I have my own serious doubts about it.) I need to find a way to make my translation project more well-known and this seems to be the best way to go about it.
This sounds like wonderful project. Hopefully, i can read some of the works in Winter break.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 21:16   Link #525
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
This sounds like wonderful project. Hopefully, i can read some of the works in Winter break.
It's good to know that there are people out there interested in this project of mine. If you want to look at some of what I've done right now, you can go to my website, http://code-geass-lost-colors-translation.yolasite.com/. However, I must warn you I only have the first five days translated right now and I've probably missed a few scenes since I'm only concentrating on one route right now and not looking at every possible scenario. Still, I'd liked to hear feedback on what I've done, and see if people find my translations helpful.
Old 2009-11-27, 18:04   Link #526
Knightrunner

Quote:
It's good to know that there are people out there interested in this project of mine. If you want to look at some of what I've done right now, you can go to my website, http://code-geass-lost-colors-translation.yolasite.com/. However, I must warn you I only have the first five days translated right now and I've probably missed a few scenes since I'm only concentrating on one route right now and not looking at every possible scenario. Still, I'd liked to hear feedback on what I've done, and see if people find my translations helpful.
i'll try to give some feedback at midnight or tommorow hopefully because i'm busy with some nursing projects that my teachers decided to give during Thanksgiving break.

We all should be thanking you for starting this project and for taking the time in your life translating for the fans.
Old 2009-11-27, 20:32   Link #527
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
i'll try to give some feedback at midnight or tommorow hopefully because i'm busy with some nursing projects that my teachers decided to give during Thanksgiving break.

We all should be thanking you for starting this project and for taking the time in your life translating for the fans.
Thank you for thanking me (man, that just sounds weird), I really appreciate it. Also, thank you for taking time to give me some feedback; just knowing that you will gives me very much needed encouragement. (This can be very stressful and depressing work at times, you know.) However, just so you know, I might be opening a new thread for just discussing the translations in the near future. (I've already asked the Mods and Admins about it and the response seems favorable, but I haven't gotten final confirmation for it yet.)
Old 2009-11-28, 00:44   Link #528
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Well, I believe the mods would make the thread soon... No worries.

Old 2009-11-28, 04:55   Link #529
Knightrunner

In the List of Scenes section it would be easier to read if the MY TRANSLATION part was seperate from the japanese wording. If you can create a section with just your translation it would be easier to read or maybe you can make the words huger with bold print.
Old 2009-11-28, 08:07   Link #530
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
In the List of Scenes section it would be easier to read if the MY TRANSLATION part was seperate from the japanese wording. If you can create a section with just your translation it would be easier to read or maybe you can make the words huger with bold print.
Hmm, I see what you mean...I think I'll give the English translation a bolder print as you suggested. (I put the Japanese and English wording together so that people can follow where the translations are, otherwise it might get confusing.) However, as I've recently found some people who are willing to help me on this project, this might take a while, because I intend to do some corrections on what I've already done before going into a change of style within the translations. But don't worry, I fully intend to act on your advice on the matter.
Old 2009-11-28, 12:42   Link #531
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

I don't want to seem clueless or anything here, but does anyone know how I can upload screenshots from the game onto the computer, or if it's even possible? I finally managed to get a hold of a USB cord for my PSP, but I don't really know how to access my saved data or anything. I tried to use Windows Explorer, but I could only manage to upload the file which said "Data Save". Besides that, I have no idea what else to do. can someone help me with this?
Old 2009-11-28, 23:53   Link #532
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Wow, you sure work hard for this ;_;
Ganbare eternal-kun ~ :x
Sorry that I can't help you with this ;_;

The process is indeed looks that it'll take a long time to do a single scene..I'm surprised that you can actually be patient to do it

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 19:24   Link #533
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hey there! I'm ready to assist any time you want! But remember, I'm currently working on another translation at the moment on this site and my game's broken, but I'll still help in any way I can!

BTW, sorry, but I don't know how to upload screenshots either.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 03:42   Link #534
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
I don't want to seem clueless or anything here, but does anyone know how I can upload screenshots from the game onto the computer, or if it's even possible? I finally managed to get a hold of a USB cord for my PSP, but I don't really know how to access my saved data or anything. I tried to use Windows Explorer, but I could only manage to upload the file which said "Data Save". Besides that, I have no idea what else to do. can someone help me with this?
Depends...how did you get teh screenshot? And it is possible, I think.

Old 2009-12-02, 07:46   Link #535
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Important notice!

After having waited a few days, the Admins and Mods having finally created a new thread specifically to discuss my translation project. However, this means that there can no longer be any discussion of the translations on this thread; separating the two threads was one of the conditions for opening the new one. So I'm afraid that there can no longer be any more posts that directly talk about my translations in this thread; this thread is now solely for game discussion.

Here's the link to the new thread for those who still wish to discuss my translations: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89007

Anyway, now that that's out of the way, to go back to what was my question here earlier.

Quote:
Depends...how did you get teh screenshot? And it is possible, I think.
When I talk about the screen shots, I'm asking how to get them in the first place. I sometimes seen them on the Internet, but I have no idea how to get them from the game. (By screenshots, I mean images of gameplay and the like.)
Old 2009-12-08, 23:31   Link #536
Velyoukai

For our work on the PSP version of Lost Colors, the major way that I've found is to download some customware on our PSP systems. I've found the downloadable program and the requirements for installing it, but I am also in the process of figuring out if I am either able to attain such a customware on my current PSP or if I am in need of procuring a new PSP for that very purpose.

That said, there may be alternative methods to obtaining screenshots via the PSP. I am in search of them as I play.
Velyoukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 09:04   Link #537
Paladinoras
Pancakes

@ Velyoukai.

There is indeed a method available to get screenshots for the PSP. And as for the CFW problem, I may be able to help you with that. I have played around with my PSP a lot and it hasn't bricked so far.

Old 2010-02-01, 18:34   Link #538
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Ahh, Thats right! The psp version has the Japanese Liberation front Route Edition (Falloff event of Kuro No Kishidan.) But the ps2's have the Blue Moon Route, the 'falloff' event for Ashford (made just for those loli fans of nunna-chan)

I'm glad I have the psp, nothing more glorious then knowing Tohdoh and Asahina are comrades lol

.. -_- I hate Nagisa though. But I like Urabe (He kind of reminds me of a seahorse, strangely enough...)

Since this is not about the 'T' word anymore, I have some stuff I need help with!

...I need help with the Britannian Military Route (I'm not doing it cuz' I want to! I hate Spinzaku, but I Lloyd and Cecille... And Darlton, and Guilford...)

I'm stuck at the Live Firing Range (The fake battle is easy.. but the one after that, the one you can get a game over from.. is difficult.)

My comp can't read signs, so do it like 'X' 'triangle' 'Square' and 'circle'. Thanks in advance...?

...I also need to know if on the Ashford route, you still have the possibility of Kallen >_>;

...? o_o
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 13:05   Link #539
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Since we have been denied our paradise of a Rai character discussion thread, I guess this will do.

I want to bring up his geass first

Rai's geass has no actual range -- If the person can hear him, then they will obey Rai. However it cannot work through machines like cellular phones or recorders. They need to hear his 'natural voice'.

As such, deaf people are immune to him entirely just as blind people are immune to Lelouch.

"I wanted people to listen to me" is most likely what Rai wanted the most. His geass reflects this as people will follow his command long as they hear it.

His geass shows a incredible range on Day 23/24/25 (Depends and varies on choices.) where he shouts and cancels the infamous 'Bloodstained Euphy' event.

Thoughts? I think it is also able to effect animals and machines, but this is unconfirmed on my part.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 13:18   Link #540
Ten-Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post

Thoughts? I think it is also able to effect animals and machines, but this is unconfirmed on my part.
Hear and understand, maybe? So animals are out of this league, just as non-japanese/english/whatever speakers... In fact, I was always wondering if someone who does not understand geass-commands is immune to them or not...
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote