AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 23:16   Link #1141
killer3000ad

A bit of heads up all. There's a rumour going about that the leaked beta contained story details in its files and some hackers extracted it. I accidentally read them on the BSN forums but there's no way to confirm whether it's true. Some of them seem too far fetched and don't make sense at all.

Just a warning to anyone who frequents the Bioware Social Network forums.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2011-11-07 at 00:37.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 00:01   Link #1142
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Houston
Hey Everyone!

We are still investigating, but it appears that some internal story files have been leaked. Even though the information in those files is out of date and does not reflect the final story experience, we urge fans not to read them if they want to experience the purest form of the story in Mass Effect 3.

-Jess
Link

I read them. Fu*king rage worthy. Not happy at all with the outcomes.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:19   Link #1143
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I do have to duly remind everyone that Bioware themselves said these story files are OUTDATED being from a leaked beta and all, and hence can't be trusted at all.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 00:38   Link #1144
killer3000ad

Even if they are outdated, why did Bioware still urge people not to read them? I daresay some of them are still in the final game. I just hope Bioware doesn't pull a Valve-HL2 and further delay the game to rewrite it. Having said that I read a few lines of it and I jsut went,"This makes very little sense in the grand scheme of things, namely my own choices in ME1 and 2." I stopped of course at that point when I realized what this might be. I hope these leaked plot details are just 'possibilities' that are based on your choices.
Old 2011-11-07, 00:54   Link #1145
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Bioware probably urged us not to read them because some people would flip out over them anyway. 90% the people on the internet have the attention span of a gnat as it is.
Old 2011-11-07, 01:00   Link #1146
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Bioware probably urged us not to read them because some people would flip out over them anyway. 90% the people on the internet have the attention span of a gnat as it is.
Too late though. Enough have read them already. Epic shitstorm in progress over at the BSN.
Old 2011-11-07, 01:04   Link #1147
Knight Hawk
Lurker

I was browsing /v/ so i thought those were all fake. Just trolls trolling, /v/ doesn't like vidya. Those spoilers are just "What?!" and "WHY~!!" no sense at all from the choices from the previous games. So i wasn't mad at all. Until Bioware made that statement.

Highly doubt they will be re-writing all that story.

Spoiler for ME3:

Oh well. sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Bioware probably urged us not to read them because some people would flip out over them anyway.
Spoilers were out before Bioware could comment.
Old 2011-11-07, 01:22   Link #1148
Aqua Knight

I'm glad you warned me, just tell me are the choices bad or what? Your previous choice don't affect the outcomes and the game is pretty much linear?
Old 2011-11-07, 01:28   Link #1149
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Your previous choice don't affect the outcomes and the game is pretty much linear?
Considering those files are pulled from an incomplete Beta, I don't think you'll find a definitive answer to that particular question. We don't know about what effects your decisions from the last two games are until the full game is released.

It's these kinds of knee-jerk leap-before-you-look questions that made me avoid BSN for a long while now, was hoping not to see it here.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 04:07   Link #1150
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Too late though. Enough have read them already. Epic shitstorm in progress over at the BSN.
Nothing new here, they'd been dealing with rage over SWTOR leaks for well over a year now. Most of which turned out to be just as wrong.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 04:21   Link #1151
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I don't know what those spoilers entail ( ME2 had its shitstorms as well regarding leaked ending spoilers ), but if it's about 'choices we made didn't matter in the big run'... we should've expected as much.

Bioware hypes it a lot, but let's be fair, it's quite impossible for them to actually deliver a truly multi-branching ME3 story experience within the short amount of time they have.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 04:34   Link #1152
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

I caught one spoiler before quickly exiting and it alone was pretty grim, a lot of people going into meltdown. I'm officially going dark on Mass Effect topics (possibly outside of this one) to be safe in the future.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 10:57   Link #1153
Irkalla
I asked for this

Lulz, I knew multiplayer would ruin everything. Plot? What plot? For their sake, I hope this is a really, really early draft.

Son, I'm disappoint.
Old 2011-11-07, 11:38   Link #1154
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering the people who write the story are not the same people who design multiplayer (heck, they're not even on the same team) that is a really, really ignorant statement.
Old 2011-11-07, 11:47   Link #1155
Irkalla
I asked for this

Considering you assume that multiplayer budget just sort of flew from the sky and won't have any impact on the quality of singleplayer whatsoever, the ignorant statement is yours.

I bet my fallopian tubs that all these leaks happened because people were butthurt about multiplayer and what it means for the franchise.
Old 2011-11-07, 11:57   Link #1156
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Except that the writing is not what sucks up the budget of a game's development.
Old 2011-11-07, 12:02   Link #1157
Irkalla
I asked for this

Do I have to spell out everything clearly for you? Writing is the least of it, it's the whole branching, animations, cinematic that come after it. If they can't afford the latter, the story/writings complexities get scratched into a BF3 plot. DA2 couldn't even afford to paint tattoos on Fenris' body, and they had no multiplayer to spend their budget on.
Old 2011-11-07, 13:12   Link #1158
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I do have to duly remind everyone that Bioware themselves said these story files are OUTDATED being from a leaked beta and all, and hence can't be trusted at all.
Even if true, not everything on that list is going to outdated, especially regarding the larger plot points. Some of that will make it through. Personally, I believe the only outdated pieces of information are probably regarding the companions. The ultimate issue being that the leak was on default options and did not have any ME1/ME2 import data. However, the main plot or course of the game will probably not change by much. I would argue that the notes, no matter how early and unfinished it may be, indicate the type of story and narrative structure Bioware is trying to put in place and I am simply not a fan of it.

After ME2 I was planning to wait on ME3 for a few months, but if the larger plot spoilers prove fully true then I may pass up on ME3 entirely. To clarify, my sentiment is not solely based on text spoilers, which I abhor, but also the leaked gameplay on youtube. I am not liking the direction of ME3 at the moment in story or gameplay. I am not saying ME3 will be a bad game at all and I am certain that many people will probably happily consume this product just like TOR. However, it is not my cup of tea, at least not anymore.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 16:07   Link #1159
Key Board
Carbon

I'm going to be spoiled sooner or later. It's inevitable.

So can you please direct me to these leaked spoilers? I don't care if they're fake or not.

I'd rather do it on my own terms rather than have it show up at a random message board
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 16:24   Link #1160
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm going to be spoiled sooner or later. It's inevitable.

So can you please direct me to these leaked spoilers? I don't care if they're fake or not.

I'd rather do it on my own terms rather than have it show up at a random message board
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/foru...-Details-Mined

Second post down.

Tags
effect, games, mass