AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-24, 22:16   Link #1301
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
o.o that scares me. I checked out its ratings, doesn't appear to have suffered much, tho thats more western sided for voters hmm.

Pageclaim for not knowing about this (don't click unless you like irony)

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 22:35   Link #1302
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Meh, if it's harmless fantasy like that, I don't see the problem. But then you have those guys who marry their Fate hug pillows... Yeah...
Old 2011-03-24, 23:32   Link #1303
Justin_Brett

Well that's...okay, I could see that happening if Nanoha had a boyfriend. But that hasn't happened here. Just put up an author's note implying NanoFate 'subtly' and you'd probably be fine.

Now I remember all those posts calling Pantie (or was it Stocking?) a slut because she had a ghost boyfriend that one time.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 23:42   Link #1304
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The fallout would be even worse if it was stated that Fate had a boyfriend. Still, at their age it wouldn't be odd if either lass had a boyfriend during their teenage years, be it Yuuno or otherwise.
Old 2011-03-25, 00:34   Link #1305
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I also heared of the Kannagi incident, pretty dumb to say the least. Still, i won't leave the franchise, there's a lot of things going bad in my opinion but fortunately they're not hopelessly terrible. And there's still some good aspects(the return of Subaru's classic hot bloodeness is a breath of fresh air to me =D). Vivid is still extremely cutesy but touch interesting topics and expands on things that a rushed plot like FORCE didn't have time to explore. So far my biggest complain in FORCE is the hamminess of the antagonists and the bad management of the old cast, the plot itself isn't so bad, not precisely fabulous but still not bad.

The franchise still have things that i like and even if i don't like what become now i can always re-watch the good old seasons(i'm currently doing an amusing experiment, i'm rewatching StrikerS but this time focusing all my attention on the forwards rather than the Aces/Wolkenritter, so far is interesting to see things from the rookies point of view, it also helps me to redefine the dimension of the old cast in the Nanohaverse). At the end it will be more healthy to read FORCE with the concept of the old cast as guest stars, but that will only be possible when the new protagonists start to get some real developing. Fortunately the first big battle is finally over and apparently that's what precisely what is about to come.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 00:39   Link #1306
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Now I remember all those posts calling Pantie (or was it Stocking?) a slut because she had a ghost boyfriend that one time.
Isn't Pantie a slut because she sleeps with random guys all the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The fallout would be even worse if it was stated that Fate had a boyfriend. Still, at their age it wouldn't be odd if either lass had a boyfriend during their teenage years, be it Yuuno or otherwise.
While I agree, Nanoha has the added faction that would go "OMG WUT?! NANOHA AND FATE HAVING BOYFRIENDS?! UNPOSSIBLE! THEY'RE TOTALLY GAY FOR EACH OTHER!!!"

Anyways, maybe I'm too old fashioned for thinking this, but just because you are/have dating/dated some one doesn't automatically mean you are/have sleeping/slept with them.
Old 2011-03-25, 00:43   Link #1307
Justin_Brett

I think that's Stocking. I can't tell them apart, honestly.
Old 2011-03-25, 00:44   Link #1308
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Anyways, maybe I'm too old fashioned for thinking this, but just because you are/have dating/dated some one doesn't automatically mean you are/have sleeping/slept with them.
Besides, even if they had slept with someone, it's not really any of our business anyway.
Old 2011-03-25, 00:51   Link #1309
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

For guys like the one that married a Fate Pillow, it is xDU

Those wacky japanese.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-25, 01:00   Link #1310
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Eh, personally I'm not keen on the idea of them giving it away to some random guys that obviously didn't become a serious relationship on principle alone. I'm just a crazy fool who thinks that first time should be with some one special
Old 2011-03-25, 01:03   Link #1311
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hence, Yuuno.
Old 2011-03-25, 01:07   Link #1312
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
yeah to me it should be comforting that it didn't work out ;_; i kid sorta

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-03-25, 01:09   Link #1313
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I think it's been made abundantly clear, though, that everyone is far too preoccupied with their jobs to do much else, even when they were still in school. It's amazing enough Nanoha's made time to raise Vivio.
Old 2011-03-25, 01:10   Link #1314
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Eh, personally I'm not keen on the idea of them giving it away to some random guys that obviously didn't become a serious relationship on principle alone. I'm just a crazy fool who thinks that first time should be with some one special
Considering the high morals and righteous values of the characters(until FORCE) i can agree with this, i really doubt some of the main characters just have given themselves to an unammed character. I mean, something like that would be kind of a big deal, or at the very least will be adressed. Chrono and Amy have children and even if they're minor characters they still have names and the fact they form a family weas properly adressed. It's still not impossible for the aces to have some past history of an innocent or casual relationship with someone, i mean, they were highschoolers, and magical girls on top of that(wonder if some of them was in a platonic relationship with someone, Sailor Moon style xD).

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-25, 01:11   Link #1315
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

So how about those Huckbein guys? Pretty ambiguous yah?

Please get the (not) subtleness, please
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 01:12   Link #1316
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

yeah it bothers me a good deal to see 20(30, 40?) some characters with no sex drive

Old 2011-03-25, 01:18   Link #1317
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

I guess they all have dates with rosey palms

Though I can see the girls fooling around with each other, but casually, not in a full on lesbian sort of way.
Old 2011-03-25, 01:21   Link #1318
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Considering the Hucks sees the rest of humanity as disposable cattle i really doubt they are able to engage in a serious relationship with a *gasp* not-infected person, but being not-blood related there's probably some chance between them to do that. I posted a joke WMG on TV Tropes about Veyron and Curren being lovers, for example xD. Deville seems to be asexual, Cypha is apparently in love with her Divider, Stella is too young and Fortis will probably just utilize the woman in question for his own purpouses and ditch/kill her when she outlives her usefullness. Arnage seems to be more sensible than the rest but real shipping is still yet to be showed(Arnage x Isis didn't count yet).

But, considering the kind of plot FORCE is following things like shipping and romance issues will more likely never be touched so the shipping will be only fan-exclusive.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-03-25, 01:26   Link #1319
Justin_Brett

Yes, it's totally not going for any shipping. Touma's just hanging around a girl that has to unison with him to bring out his full potential. And did it naked the first time. And now has a Barrier Jacket called an Engage Dress.

er

And I dunno, I could see Fortis needing to get his rocks off. Dating a family member, adopted or not, would probably be a bit awkward.
Old 2011-03-25, 01:32   Link #1320
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Yes, it's totally not going for any shipping. Touma's just hanging around a girl that has to unison with him to bring out his full potential. And did it naked the first time. And now has a Barrier Jacket called an Engage Dress.

er
Ok ok, not any shipping among the villains(whoops, pardon me ..."antagonists"), still things between Tohma and Isis seems to be very innocent and platonic for the moment. The kid seems to be an Erio-type, and is also Subaru's adopted little brother(somebody knows the male equivalent of "Imouto"?) ....and we now how affectionate Subaru is with her relatives xD. So that probably explains why Tohma is so patient with Isis and gentle with Lily, the guy is adapted to be around girls. If anything, my bet is that Tohma and Lily will have an innocent, cute relationship, with Isis and Steed as the mischievous matchmakers.

Talking about Steed, i hope the writers don't forget about the poor device T-T.

~The ASFB~

Tags
manga, nanoha force