AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-10, 06:14   Link #41
Applehell

Definitely got a "design by committee" feel from this. Ticked off a lot of stock standard LN school battle cliches checkboxes. A least with the pairing gimmick the pontieal for this turning a into harem is non-existant, but I found the general chemistry amongst pairs to be rather dull so I don't know if this all that much better in the long run. Out of all the groups the Kanagawa duo was probably most interesting for me and that was just more for yuri hinting/baiting really. While a bit clunky the first episode did a solid job of setting up the premise, though I can't say I'm fond of some of the termology. Overall pretty mediocre though inoffensive start.

I think I'll give two more episodes to see where it goes.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 06:19   Link #42
rladls2121

"When you're in trouble, smile".
Coming from a voice who uses the word "Egao" and also played a character Akaba Reira.
This is also on my watch list.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 06:29   Link #43
IceHism

First episode didn't say much about the series but it wasn't bad either so I'll continue on
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 06:35   Link #44
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Definitely got a "design by committee" feel from this. Ticked off a lot of stock standard LN school battle cliches checkboxes. A least with the pairing gimmick the pontieal for this turning a into harem is non-existant, but I found the general chemistry amongst pairs to be rather dull so I don't know if this all that much better in the long run. Out of all the groups the Kanagawa duo was probably most interesting for me and that was just more for yuri hinting/baiting really. While a bit clunky the first episode did a solid job of setting up the premise, though I can't say I'm fond of some of the termology. Overall pretty mediocre though inoffensive start.

I think I'll give two more episodes to see where it goes.
Well, it was actually made by a bunch of novelists so yeah, it has a "design by committee" feel to Qualidea Code as they're making a multi-media franchise out of it!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 06:36   Link #45
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Much better than other "Only japan highschooler can save the world" thing
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 07:31   Link #46
Wolfpack

The first episode overall felt fairly lighthearted compared to invasion flashback. While I wouldn't mind it getting serious, I have this nagging, but so far baseless, worry that it's gonna come at the price of a character death, someone like Canaria, mainly to get Ichiya to change. This is probably because I've been reading a few depressing stories lately.

I think the first episode was okay. It was a little amusing, but aside from the animation, it didn't really stand out to me. I hope the second episode gives us a better view of the writers' intentions for this series.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 07:32   Link #47
Fairy Water

This series should be renamed as Quality Code. So disappointed. If it's not because Oregairu's author here, I wouldn't even bother watching it.

The first Ep narrative is ok but the characters, especially those from Tokyo and Kanagawa r so boring and annoying...
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 09:23   Link #48
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The male lead's attitude can be very annoying, and it could eventually become too much for me, but I largely liked Episode 1.

It was (mostly) fun and flashy. Yes, fairly standard LN-style sci-fi show, just without the harem feel. But that alone is a big difference that I'm very thankful for.

There's three other things that make the male lead tolerable for me, so far:

1. We see a good chunk of his backstory right off the bat, so that makes his attitude a little more forgivable anyway. I honestly can kinda get why he's the way he is.

2. He's powerful enough that his big ego is not entirely unwarranted, but he's also not so powerful that his big ego is completely justified. So again he's understandable, but his uber-ness isn't rubbed in our face to the point of obnoxiousness.

3. The three main pairs have a wide variety of personalities, and there's a certain over-the-topness to them that makes the male lead's personality seem kinda normal as well (i.e. he doesn't feel out of place here). All 6 of these characters have some real strengths, but most of them seem deeply flawed in one way or another. The male lead does have a point about the representatives of the other schools. And his sister(?) seems really airheaded.

So overall, the show hits just the right balance in making the male lead's attitude understandable without totally justifying it. The flashy colorfulness of some of the other major characters also makes the male lead fit in well here.
Old 2016-07-10, 10:08   Link #49
Blueknight78

get me signed on this serie, like others peoples pointed, what i liked:

looks like a "not harem serie", which multiple pairings(not necessary romantic but goo teams)
all the characters looks like take "almost the sam threatment or it's not just about the almight mc or underdog mc, all of them could be see as mcs.

good blend of comedy with action.

this series almost remember me of fairy tail or nanatsu no taiza which are shounens which i actually enjoy a lot and could hope more series could be like thats series.

the main guy looks like your typical hot headed shounen mc with the power of "flying and shot gravity busters)which looks like have a crush on his sis/friend), his "sis(for his words she don't really looks like a sister and more like a childhoodfriend more old which like to act like a big sis) is a funny airheaded girl with the power to buff and heal others peoples around her with her sing, they command a group of "magician/witch tokyo army.

the other couple which looks like real sibilins are the "guns team, which command a army of gunners, the male is a strong but lazy sniper while his sis love to use dual pistal and are both op.

in the other hand we have the "sword" naval team, where we have a let's call just for now a yuri team(not really yuri for sure but just a pair of girls), both of then are strong sword users, we have the typical serious black hair girl which use the "sheater tecnique sword and the idiot girl which a really "HUGE SWORD" which can easy destroy all the enemies with a single hit but also maybe destroy half of a town in the process.

the alien threat was only big in the past, now in the present they are only a hidrance for the overpowered youngs and the really big threat is the young themselfs since they can easy "damage" the surrounds more than the monsters itself.

men a really good plot, this series for me is a mix of kyoukai senjou no horizon in the sense of have multiple type of teams + fairy tail in how not just the mc is op and can beat big guys but everyone can do that.

really look for it.
Old 2016-07-10, 10:28   Link #50
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
no you arent. I dont like any of em. the soundtrack was banging but that pretty much redeemed it
Agree on the soundtrack, already can't wait for the OST to be released.
Old 2016-07-10, 11:27   Link #51
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Like this MC

Better be asshole than hetare
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 12:58   Link #52
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Much better than other "Only japan highschooler can save the world" thing
This is virtually the same thing. At least with other similarly themed post-apocalyptic shows staring teens like Black Bullet or Seraph of the End adults weren't sidelined so hard by what amounts to your typical super powered highschoolers.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 14:19   Link #53
grecefar

not bad the chapter, I will follow this series for now but I don't like the protagonist.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 15:13   Link #54
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
This is virtually the same thing. At least with other similarly themed post-apocalyptic shows staring teens like Black Bullet or Seraph of the End adults weren't sidelined so hard by what amounts to your typical super powered highschoolers.
to be fair this is normally how works on most novels, mangas and animes power level is like:
average adult japan < army =<average highschool < rare special adults < secondary highschool protagonists =< generic villians=< generic harem girls =< high school mc <<<<<<<<<<<<< loli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loli power is over 9000!!!!!
Old 2016-07-10, 15:52   Link #55
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

15 minutes in and yeah this is not for me. I had some hopes due to the synopsis and setting, but this managed to hit dozens of LN tropes in literally minutes.

And it would be okay if animation quality was anything to write home about, but this is more of QUALITY Code than Qualidea Code so far.

I guess this is a drop.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 17:55   Link #56
drawr

I didn't expect much but lol. Did get entertained by how off model the characters got, at least. I wonder if any of the side characters can save it for me, the angry hooded girl looked a little fun in one still shot. Most of the main cast is terribly annoying, only the siblings are a bit tolerable for me.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 18:04   Link #57
rladls2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
to be fair this is normally how works on most novels, mangas and animes power level is like:
average adult japan < army =<average highschool < rare special adults < secondary highschool protagonists =< generic villians=< generic harem girls =< high school mc <<<<<<<<<<<<< loli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loli power is over 9000!!!!!
What loli power is over 9000!!!!?

No wait, 95,000... 100,000... 105,000... 106,000... 107,000... 108,000!
I-impossible! 109,000... 110,000!
110,000! It can't be! I-it's still going up!
120,000... 130,000... 140,000!
150,000! How can this be?!
180,000?! I-i can't believe it! This is the loli's true power?!
N-no wonder the enemies didn't stand a chance.
How can a loli be so strong?

Loli: And just so we're clear clear, I can momentarily put out much more power than even this!

In this episode, the students are overwhelming these enemies so easily that they also plays it like a "Hunting Game" because there's no worry of everyone of these people getting injured is it?
As far as fighting over getting the highest scores on killing enemies before it runs out for lot of credits that evaluate their ranks.
I think they are lucky that their supernatural powers are gifted to protect themselves in the future when they were just little children when the adults may have not.
If not, they might still have to go through the same suffering that they had at childhood times.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 19:14   Link #58
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
...Anyways, the Hundred of this season. I guess you do feel lonely if there isn't one of these types of anime in a season. Not much else to say. Looking forward to Tracing and other setting rip-offs.
The Hundred of this season is Masou Gakuen HxH.

This series actually doesn't have any sexual themes to it. Don't think I even notice any fanservicy stuff.
Old 2016-07-10, 21:14   Link #59
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a great start the guy is kind of dick and the girl is a little of a klutz

About time there another anime the start with the letter Q
Old 2016-07-11, 00:13   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This could be a fun show. Sure, they are taking a lot of familiar elements and putting them together...but they are doing it well. Nothing wrong with cliches or tropes so long as you are making a decent show.

The MC is certainly a piece of work. But he's hardly evil and it can be refreshing when compared to someone like Tenkawa who you'd normally expect to be the MC. This OP power of justice girl . Think it's nice to keep someone that good and broken as one of the main cast, but not the main character. Plus it is kind of nice how he does look out for Canaria so much. Just constantly prepared for when she basically needs anything .

It's not going to be one of the best shows of the season, but it's good. Feels much better done than a lot of the school battle shows we've gotten over the past few seasons. Could be refreshing taking that kind of Harry Potter point system to create division and frustration within the show. Aren't just fighting the enemies but, dealing with the conflict that system breeds.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2016-07-11 at 00:24.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote