Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-25, 05:29   Link #441
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Just saw the ending... it was very sweet (and of course, Alicia gave the perfect answer to Akari's question). I don't have any complaints except for one: ARIA's over! Noooooooooo!

Well, there is the OVA. I can't get enough of ARIA.
Old 2007-06-25, 10:20   Link #442
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Blarg, still waiting for the last two to be subbed. Be a while till I can see end.
Old 2007-06-25, 10:31   Link #443
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

....? The last two are out, but I guess it depends which group you follow. Still, there are only two groups subbing it, and I have no clue how far the 'other' group is with it, so I'll assume you're watching the same as me, hence, go get 'em
Old 2007-06-25, 10:37   Link #444
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

[] just finished the last two of Natural
Well, I've seen the ending. Really glad to see it finished.

Spoiler for Thoughts on last ep.:

Last edited by solwyvern; 2007-06-25 at 18:19.
Old 2007-06-25, 11:35   Link #445
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

.... and there's a REASON I didn't specifically mention them, because this is an MFI show and your post is going to be either edited or deleted because you mentioned a fansub group by name.
Old 2007-06-25, 12:03   Link #446
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yes its the rock that shines and has edges is what I follow. And they have released? Wow and yay.
Old 2007-06-26, 01:25   Link #447
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Series was epic win overall. Can't wait for Arietta.
Ahh,
Spoiler:

Now I feel like going back, re-reading AQUA and watching The Animation.
Old 2007-06-26, 01:36   Link #448
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh...

This series... This beautiful, beautiful series...

Oh, I'm speechless... It's so sad to say goodbye to something so dear, so beautiful, so heart-warming as this series... I can't find the words to describe my current feelings.

I would like to thank the creators of the adaptation, and answer them that the kindness of that city has reached my heart. And of course, thank you, Kozue Amano, for envisioning such a heartwarming delight.

Thank you, Aria. Your gentleness will stay forever in my heart.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-06-26, 02:01   Link #449
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

not goodbye yet. OVA@
Old 2007-06-26, 03:11   Link #450
jedinat

Great last couple episodes to a consistently incredible series. I gave it a 10/10 on AniDB and I've only given that to a few other anime.

Was it just me or was 'the Natural alot better than 'the Animation? I remember having to sort of force my way through the last few episodes of the first season, and didn't even pick the second one up right away, but when I did I loved it... maybe what I look for in anime just happened to change around that time, I dunno.
Old 2007-06-26, 07:07   Link #451
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I thought Natural was better than Animation, but it wasn't so much the final episodes I didn't enjoy as much as it was a few of them in the middle of the first series. I mean, the overall experience with Animation was very enjoyable, but it feels like there were less not-so-good episodes in all of Natural than there were in Animation. Not that I've seen the last episode of Natural yet. I think I'll keep that for tomorrow night.

Ep 25.

Ah, I remember this show. This is that show that's so sweet, I don't have to put sugar on my cereal for a week after watching an episode of it. Ok, I think it was obvious that
Spoiler for very minor spoiler:
since it just would have been un-ARIA-like if it didn't happen that way. Highly enjoyable episode, but I find myself thinking back, trying to remember why Alice has such an affinity for Grandma.

Looking forward to the last ep. Hope it's fittingly sentimental.
Old 2007-06-26, 09:49   Link #452
Tabris

I wish I'd downloaded it yesterday. It would have been the only good thing to have happened on my birthday. Which was awful seeing as I had the hardest Chemistry exam I've ever taken and I don't think I'm going to University anymore. It was such a depressing birthday

And I've got one last exam tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get a good fix of Aria asap.
Old 2007-06-26, 10:53   Link #453
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It was nice. Aria somehow manages to be better in anime than in manga. So heartwarming.

Is everyone going to be promoted soon? (Akari and Aika to primas, Alice to single?)
Old 2007-06-26, 14:12   Link #454
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Sorry it sucked, but happy (belated) birthday anyways, Tabris.

I think the manga is better in terms of storytelling, since, obviously, there's a lot more added to it that's not in the anime... however, the anime has the peaceful BGM, you can actually see the beautiful, sparkling water flow around the gondolas, you can hear everyone's voices, etc... (And I admit that I don't care for the tubbier Aria-shachou of the manga.) ARIA's strongest point is that it induces heartwarming feelings within its viewers and readers, and the anime manages to capture that well.

I'm way behind on the manga, so I won't say yet if I like the anime or manga better...
Old 2007-06-26, 17:45   Link #455
Dop
Mmmm....

Gosh. That was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. My eyes kept leaking.

I fell in love with this series from the first time I saw it. I love the characters, I love the setting, I love the storyline, and I love the music so much I bought the soundtrack albums for both series plus the piano album and the song collection.

It's the most sweet, relaxing, beautiful series I can think of.

I'd say more, but hazukashii serifu KINSHI!

There are people out there who deserve our thanks too. We can't mention them but if they're reading this, they know who they are. Thank you.
Old 2007-06-26, 22:53   Link #456
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Smile

I honestly couldnt stop myself from tearing up watching episode 25. Not just because it was another truely wonderful one from this series, but the fact that I can see the end coming.

At this rate it ill probably take me a week or more just to watch 26 because I dont want to admit it ill be over until atleast the OVA...Feels like losing a friend as pathetic as that might sound referring to a anime series hah...

But im extremely happy to see so many others enjoy this show around here. Most places I frequent don't have much of a interest in such a heartwarming and slowly paced show, which is a shame.

All I can hope for now is a release for it in this region so I can show my support. (And for ADV manga to get off their collective butts...*grumble*)
Old 2007-06-26, 22:57   Link #457
Albert-Wesker 3rd

25 is the final episode. Unless you are counting the short special.
Old 2007-06-26, 23:08   Link #458
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert-Wesker 3rd View Post
25 is the final episode. Unless you are counting the short special.
Well, no, there are 26 episodes in Aria the Natural, not counting the special. 25 may sort of feel more like the finale, but there's still one more to go.
Old 2007-06-26, 23:11   Link #459
Albert-Wesker 3rd

O wow there is 26. My bad. I just looked in my file and found 26..lol.

Any idea what the OVA is about?
Old 2007-06-27, 05:22   Link #460
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It's Aria. It doesn't need to be about anything at all.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, hal, science fiction, seinen, slice of life