AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-19, 19:05   Link #4241
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I see. Well, is still an odd way to number them. Is just too easy to mix them that way
Old 2013-01-20, 02:35   Link #4242
Kudryavka

Why Nanaho called Lyrical? Is this a show about singing like Mermaid Pitch?
Old 2013-01-20, 02:39   Link #4243
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Why Nanaho called Lyrical? Is this a show about singing like Mermaid Pitch?
"Lyrical" was part of Nanoha's original transformation incantation in season one, back when the style of the show was still in flux. It has since been dropped so "Lyrical Nanoha" is pretty much an artifact title that stuck nowadays.
Old 2013-01-20, 02:41   Link #4244
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by koveras alvane View Post
"lyrical" was part of nanoha's original transformation incantation in season one, back when the style of the show was still in flux. It has since been dropped so "lyrical nanoha" is pretty much an artifact title that stuck nowadays.
ok.__________
Old 2013-01-20, 12:54   Link #4245
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
It's also a call back to the series Nanoha is based off of, Triangle Heart. While that focused on her brother Kyoya, Nanoha herself had a side story visual novel called "Lyrical Toy Box" where she became a more traditional magical girl, had Lindy for a fairy companion, a fox spirit pet, and she fought villain Chrono (and ended up dating him!).

You can see the opening music video to Lyrical ToyBox here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_RBghAfiW8

Note that this is also where Lindy's wings come from, that you see in S1. A lot of things we see in our series, were simply callbacks to the side story visual novel.
Old 2013-01-23, 21:59   Link #4246
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quick question, is there a light novel translation project for Nanoha already?

I've begun a bit of translating, but I'm curious if anyone has heard of a group working on it.
Old 2013-01-27, 00:43   Link #4247
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I don't know but I don't think there is one in any case.
Old 2013-01-30, 12:54   Link #4248
darkalpha

Was it ever explained how Unlimited Desire Project was done to create an artifictal mage? Cloning (like our current process of inserting genes into empty egg, or actual cloning like via Fate Project)? Making alterations of an existing subject/volunteer? Or some other method?
Old 2013-01-30, 13:16   Link #4249
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Jail was an artificial mage so that is how they made him implanted with a "grand dream" to obtain the secrets of Lost Logias.

Little know fact here is the list of ingredients they use to make Jail:

Spoiler for List:
Old 2013-01-30, 14:04   Link #4250
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalpha View Post
Was it ever explained how Unlimited Desire Project was done to create an artifictal mage? Cloning (like our current process of inserting genes into empty egg, or actual cloning like via Fate Project)? Making alterations of an existing subject/volunteer? Or some other method?
Unlimited Desire was the name of the project to create Jail, in order to have someone recreate/understand lost al hazard technologies. He's not a mage. Other than that, we have no idea. Regardless of creation method used, they wanted someone intelligent enough, and a strong enough desire, to do their work.
Old 2013-01-30, 14:16   Link #4251
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
He's not a mage.
That red thread net projected by his glove looked quite a bit like magic...
Old 2013-01-30, 15:00   Link #4252
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

He is listed as an Artificial mage in the Nanoha wiki
Old 2013-01-30, 15:10   Link #4253
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Translate this image and we'll probably know if that "glove" is a Device or not.

http://i.imgur.com/P5ooD1m.jpg
Old 2013-01-30, 15:35   Link #4254
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
He is listed as an Artificial mage in the Nanoha wiki
That's just because there is no other category to file artificial humans on the wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Translate this image and we'll probably know if that "glove" is a Device or not.

http://i.imgur.com/P5ooD1m.jpg
Good find. However, a Device doesn't make a mage...
Old 2013-01-30, 15:39   Link #4255
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I rest my case on that. He is a mage
Old 2013-01-30, 16:23   Link #4256
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
He's a mage in SSX so yeah, he's a mage.

If he's not a mage... He just blocked Fate's attack...
Old 2013-01-30, 20:27   Link #4257
darkalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Jail was an artificial mage so that is how they made him implanted with a "grand dream" to obtain the secrets of Lost Logias.

Little know fact here is the list of ingredients they use to make Jail:

Spoiler for List:
I know that Jail was created via the Unlimited Desire Project, but I was more curious about the fact that TSAB was trying to create an artificial mage (which was an illegal and outlawed practice). So I was curious about how such method was done in the first place.

...although by browsing deeper into Nanoha Wiki, I found my answer about artificial mages in general:

Quote:
Artificial mages are, in short, manufactured human beings created while taking as a base personages with specific genetic material within their DNA. The resulting individual is then put through in vivo experiments and/or receives cybernetic implants. This is done so to promote the emergence of distinctive magical abilities within the artificial mage.
Oddly enough, this was found in Project Fate entry, while the artificial mage entry didn't have this relevant information. In any case, it sounds similiar to the process we use - removing original DNA from an egg cell, then inserting the desired DNA into it and having it gestate.

In the case of Unlimited Desire Project, however, judging from the 'ingredients' list, it sounds more like manipulation of a test subject (messing around with his mind, emotions, etc) as opposed to actual cloning process.
Old 2013-01-30, 21:19   Link #4258
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

That is the problem. Cloning is just getting a genetic copy of a person, which Project Fate then adds also getting the memories. Artificial mages are just humans born with genetic modification to an incredible high degree. So really artificial mages are not clones by default but Fate and I guess Erio, are both clones and artificial mages because… I have no idea.

The problem is StrikerS never give an explanation that deserve such name about when, how or why people start to create artificial humans when humans already had superpowers like magic, so really there is no real answer why or when the TSAB brain council decide anything about it. Really is looking too much in to something that wasn’t really thought out well.
Old 2013-01-30, 22:39   Link #4259
darkalpha

The term "artificial mage" sounds like making a non-mage being into a mage. Either that, or experiments on weak or under-performing linker cores to make them stronger, efficient, or something.

Alicia wasn't a mage to begin with, yet the Project Fate made the clone of Alicia into a mage.

EDIT: My mistake - Alicia was a mage after all, but an average one. Fate, on other hand, was ranked much higher. So... crazy modifications to magical abilities = artificial mage after all? But why would Precia make her Alicia clone super-powered mage? Same for whoever cloned Erio - Erio's original parents wanted to bring him back after his death, so presumably there was no need for magical abilities, yet the clone had magical abilities too.

Sounds like Sansker's right - Nanoha Project team probably didn't think the whole thing out well.

Last edited by darkalpha; 2013-01-30 at 22:54.
Old 2013-01-30, 22:43   Link #4260
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
^ She wasn't a mage?

Guh Precia broke hard.