AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-01-01, 23:24   Link #32481
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Gogg are fairly simple, but that's still a fast build time

Skilled and/or very experienced modeler can assemble their Hg kit in 4-7 hour average, lines included.

I completed my fastest build that is SD Dendrobium, the main body alone took 1.5 hour, the entire assembly was like 3 hour. Yesterday took me 6-7 hour to assemble a Tieren Taozi, and Sinanju took about 11 to 13 hour total with accessories.

And since I like to paint my model...
Old 2014-01-02, 02:41   Link #32482
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
For those that might remember I thought of building a HG Gogg because a comic book store in my town had it for 16 bucks. Well I bought it and finished it in 2.5 hours. I might uplaod pics if anyone is interested, but if I may ask how long does it take on average for a straight high grade build? No liner pen, toothpicks, paint, etc. just a pair of nippers.
Depends on what you do with the nippers that determine time

For example I can just cut cut cut, not caring where or how it looks then put everything together

OR

I can cut like you typically would, which is cut away from the piece leaving a bit of the nub behind, then after that cutting flush on the piece surface for a neater cut and end result (no parts sticking out like in case 1), then put it all together

And of course everyone works at different speeds based on preference and time, then there is the factor of which kit is being built

So times can vary from 1 to about 5 hours tops with these two methods, which is about as simple as it gets
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 05:08   Link #32483
Aurelis
Daydreamer

4 hours is really fast!

I was making two Ex-S kits, way back since November 2013, and they're still not completed because I absolutely hated making the backpacks and guns. I still don't know when I'll pick it back up.

Now, I'm making an AGE-FX Burst, and after making the stand and the bits effect, I'm feeling lazy cause the colour coat of the plastic for the dark blue feels so thick.

I also completed the head part for AGE-3 Orbital but everything else is undone. Next, an Ez-8 torso completed but no limbs nor equipment.

Other than the really slow builds mentioned above, I've cases of very fast finish. There's the metallic Sinanju and Delta Gundam, of which took only a day each for me complete, from 10 am to 10 pm since it was only cutting parts and putting it on.

The RGs are much faster for me (average 2 days) than HGs (average 1 week) cause I don't have to do much to add the details.

Overall, I would say, my building speed is very dependant on the easy factor and how much I desire to see the final kit.

The type of Gundam doesn't even matter, for example; I really, really love the design of Master Gundam, Unicorn FA, Hrairoo, Kshatriya and ZZ but I just don't feel motivated to start them.

Don't even start on decalling
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 05:30   Link #32484
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Speaking of which, Tieren Taozi is one hell of a badass kit, holding and posing it feels heavy and sturdy. True walking brick down the core, it's joints are all tightly bound unlike the rest of my HGs, not even Sinanju comes close.

I think I'll get Sergei's version later.
Old 2014-01-02, 08:58   Link #32485
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
what took me the longest is not gundam but this

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 21:27   Link #32486
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
what took me the longest is not gundam but this

Oh snap is that the transformable VF-25? Always wanted one of those, but am never willing to pay up......perhaps one day
Old 2014-01-02, 23:03   Link #32487
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Oh snap is that the transformable VF-25? Always wanted one of those, but am never willing to pay up......perhaps one day
Yea that's the transformable 1/72 VF-25S Armored Messiah Ozma custom
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 20:58   Link #32488
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Work in Progress (just one hour ago):

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I could go faster but there's just too many small pieces for my fat fingers.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 00:04   Link #32489
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I hate parts fitting, especially when multiple polycaps involved (such as Tieren's hip)

Is that a dynames or I misidentify it completely?
Old 2014-01-04, 00:18   Link #32490
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That's the Cherudim.
Old 2014-01-04, 00:29   Link #32491
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^Cherudim GNHW/R to be more precise, got it at a nice price along with a 1/144 Destiny.
Old 2014-01-04, 03:49   Link #32492
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
^Cherudim GNHW/R to be more precise, got it at a nice price along with a 1/144 Destiny.
Love my HG Cherudim , right now though its in the repair box, hip peg broke in the polycap, need to extract it and glue it back onto the hip

Wish I was willing to battle damage it though.....cuz it would have made the display I had it in previously much more awesome (Cherudim on stand holding a "battle damaged" Gadess like in the end of S2 20, and by that I mean I removed a few parts lol)

Also considering getting all the 1/100 Designer 00 S2 kits, already got the Arios, so Cherudim is next on my list for those
Old 2014-01-04, 18:46   Link #32493
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, managed to assemble the Cherudim. I had some troubles with the Rifle Bits (very fragile) & the hip joint (the damn thing kept falling appart). Also I noticed that the base for the shield bits was cracked so maybe I'll fix it later.
Old 2014-01-05, 02:42   Link #32494
seibzehn

the result of try gundam marker weathering on the HG ground type, it really easy to use

Images

hope after Exia the next RG will be the ground type or Ez8
seibzehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 03:53   Link #32495
firefox
Seed seeder

I justy saw a probability poll on Gundam Guy on what might bereleased next year in model country.I was wondering what people here would absolutely want and buy instantly if it came out.

For myself i'd jump on an 1/100 MG Woolf enacle suit, the G-exes or the G-bouncer.

I always wondered why the also never appeard in Robot Damashii, must exist a prototype of the G-exes, it's easily more popular then AGE-1.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 04:04   Link #32496
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So on curiosity I bought my friend Momoko AGE-1 Razor for his birthday

He has all three AGE-1 units already, turns out it wasn't out of place at all. I'm sad Bandai never release the kit en masse, and that a bootleg of all things is better engineered than the original kit.
Old 2014-01-05, 04:19   Link #32497
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
I justy saw a probability poll on Gundam Guy on what might bereleased next year in model country.I was wondering what people here would absolutely want and buy instantly if it came out.

For myself i'd jump on an 1/100 MG Woolf enacle suit, the G-exes or the G-bouncer.

I always wondered why the also never appeard in Robot Damashii, must exist a prototype of the G-exes, it's easily more popular then AGE-1.
I've so many desired kits but I'll list the likelier ones:

HG Woundwort
HG Gundam MK-V
HG Wing Zero EW
HG Xi Gundam

Of course, if you were to really ask me, I'll also list HG stuff like MK-III, Z-II, Re-GZ Custom, Devil Gundam, GP04 and Deepstriker but that will just be wishful thinking.

Anyway, first completed kit for 2014: AGE-FX Burst Mode

Images

I think Bandai did a great job in giving the stand and the funnel effects as it makes the kit stand out. It's also a simple kit with little detailing required but the finished product looked really great with minimal effort in my opinion. I didn't even bother with the rifle as I felt that it limits the hand movement, and that the FX looked better with the simple setup.

One beef I had was that, they bothered to give the optional hands like open fist, closed fist and equipment-wielding fist, but they can't do that for newer HG kits. What gives man, the All Gundam Project has those ugly hands with gaping holes, just so the weapons are compatible...

Last edited by Aurelis; 2014-01-05 at 09:01.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 17:51   Link #32498
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
I've so many desired kits but I'll list the likelier ones:

HG Woundwort
HG Gundam MK-V
HG Wing Zero EW
HG Xi Gundam

Of course, if you were to really ask me, I'll also list HG stuff like MK-III, Z-II, Re-GZ Custom, Devil Gundam, GP04 and Deepstriker but that will just be wishful thinking.

Anyway, first completed kit for 2014: AGE-FX Burst Mode

Images

I think Bandai did a great job in giving the stand and the funnel effects as it makes the kit stand out. It's also a simple kit with little detailing required but the finished product looked really great with minimal effort in my opinion. I didn't even bother with the rifle as I felt that it limits the hand movement, and that the FX looked better with the simple setup.

One beef I had was that, they bothered to give the optional hands like open fist, closed fist and equipment-wielding fist, but they can't do that for newer HG kits. What gives man, the All Gundam Project has those ugly hands with gaping holes, just so the weapons are compatible...
Probably due to the size and limitations of the AU kits being made currently for the All Gundam Project

1. Most are smaller kits, so to further promote them they try to keep down the costs
2. Limited accessories, if you have not noticed, most of the kits being released so far have very little going on for accessories, so most of the time they are expecting you to have the same sort of setup, so extra hands hardly matter if you are going to be having them holding the same stuff all the time

Many of the AGE kits, in particular the lead Gundams (standard 18+m), used near exactly the same hands (albeit the covers), and a large amount of them came with their own stands to store the extra hands. And most being transformable as well, keeping costs to an extremely low point was out of the question aside from the first 3 AGE-1 kits
Old 2014-01-07, 22:41   Link #32499
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, curiosity speaking, do MG unicorn suddenly grew taller in NTD form?

Because lolwut, HGUC Unicorn (U) is TINY
Old 2014-01-08, 00:15   Link #32500
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hmm, curiosity speaking, do MG unicorn suddenly grew taller in NTD form?

Because lolwut, HGUC Unicorn (U) is TINY
Destroy mode has always been taller

Unicorn: 19m
Destroy: 21m

Going off the top of my head for head heights

EDIT:

19.7 and 21.7 overall height for both

Head height wise for the Unicorn gundam its actually not that much taller than your standard 18m gundam, approx only 1 meter difference

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy