LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Gundam Excia looks pretty good. Close combat main Gundam? Wow
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 03:19   Link #242
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Damn I did a search...What does Excia mean?? All I get is Ex-CIA...

And which character is Setsuna?? Scarf-boy??
Old 2007-06-05, 04:15   Link #243
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

That looks awesome, and they've kept it simple.
Old 2007-06-05, 05:31   Link #244
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Okay here are more plot and termilogy details:

Setsuna F (Fanron) Seiei:

A Gundam Meister for Celestial Being. He grew up in the war torn middle east and was discovered by Celestial Being at the age of 14 to have the special potential as a pilot. He doesn't speak much and comes off as a cool young man. He is now 16 years old.

Celestial Being:

The mysterious organization that strives to end all wars and change the world with only 4 Mobile Suits. Aside from the aim to put an end to all warfare, they have no ties to any government, is strictly non-profit and subscribes to no particular ideology.

MS-GUNDAM:

Super weapons created independantly by Celestial Being, they are a second-generation technology compared to anything the two superpowers in the world have to offer. They are machines made to take out entire armies individually.

Solar Generator:

A top secret technology being researched, this is the common name for the Energy source GN Drive. When mass is destroyed without the discharge of gun particles, a great amount of positron and photon are generated. Smaller units have also been designed, and the special advantage is the non-generation of excess heat. The GUNDAM units are powered with this technology.

GN Particles:

A sort of mutation neutrion discovered by chance, it is the origin of the research behind the GN Drive. When the GN Drive is in operation, these particles are automatically generated. When they're in the air they have the special property of shutting down all radar systems completely.

The director Mizushima also makes a few comments about the direction the show is taking. Apparently the decision to set the show in 2307 AD is to force a sense of realism into the series and a stronger connection to our real world. Since it follows the same timeline as ours, the worldview and settings will be more similar to the real world than that of a standard Gundam series, which is a new direction they're aiming for. There also appears to be two major superpower factions in the world: The Union (America leading Japan, Canada and Australia) and People's Reform Federation (that's the closest I can translate 人革連, and it's comprised of China, Russia and India).

More information as it comes in...

Edit: Also, from the summary of the story, it doesn't appear that there are any colonies or equavilants in the story. Basically after mankind discovered the new solar based power source, the two superpowers continued to fight on and on, until the organization Celestial Being decided to attempt to stop it all with Gundams....
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 05:35   Link #245
srwax

Total Melee type Gundam
oh yeah I'm going to love this

HG, MG for sure
srwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 05:47   Link #246
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Scans:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 05:47   Link #247
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:

A Gundam Meister for Celestial Being. He grew up in the war torn middle east and was discovered by Celestial Being at the age of 14 to have the special potential as a pilot. He doesn't speak much and comes off as a cool young man. He is now 16 years old.
HELL YES!! he is not another Shinn Asuka!

Quote:
The mysterious organization that strives to end all wars and change the world with only 4 Mobile Suits. Aside from the aim to put an end to all warfare, they have no ties to any government, is strictly non-profit and subscribes to no particular ideology.
hemmm...Sounds a lot like Mithril...

Quote:
Super weapons created independantly by Celestial Being, they are a second-generation technology compared to anything the two superpowers in the world have to offer. They are machines made to take out entire armies individually.
Gundam Wing?

Quote:

The director Mizushima also makes a few comments about the direction the show is taking. Apparently the decision to set the show in 2307 AD is to force a sense of realism into the series and a stronger connection to our real world. Since it follows the same timeline as ours, the worldview and settings will be more similar to the real world than that of a standard Gundam series, which is a new direction they're aiming for. There also appears to be two major superpower factions in the world: The Union (America leading Japan, Canada and Australia) and People's Reform Federation (that's the closest I can translate 人革連, and it's comprised of China, Russia and India).
Oh great! We (europeans) are getting ignored again
Old 2007-06-05, 05:50   Link #248
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
More information as it comes in...
Can you please offer a link for where your info came from? I would like to look into it myself, it doesn't matter if it's in Japanese.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. The Newtype scans; figures. :P

Oh, and the Solar generator is quite a fancy variety of matter-energy conversion. It sounds like a mythological hybrid of a fuel cell and a fusion reactor; you get motion energy from the matter annihilation, but it doesn't go through combustion so there is less need for cooling the engine.
Old 2007-06-05, 05:53   Link #249
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The extended announcement with quotes from Mizushima is here:
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainme...070605et06.htm

The rest of the info is from Newtype, coming in bits and pieces by subscribers that got their issue today.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 05:54   Link #250
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

On another note (courtesy of Nagato21):

Excia is supposedly Greek for "Strength of Arms" or "Seeking Power".

Dunno if that's true, but it makes sense considering the Gundam's role in the series.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 06:19   Link #251
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Oh great! We (europeans) are getting ignored again
I thought that too ^^
but never mind, in that way we can't be the bad guys ^^
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 06:22   Link #252
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
The Gundam tech had to come from somewhere, so it's obviously a joint British-German-Swedish-French defence industries project.

^^
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 06:32   Link #253
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

First Gundam series without the colonies? That's new

The one-man-army thing doesn't sounds good for now. But maybe the series will prove me wrong
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 06:33   Link #254
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu View Post
I thought that too ^^
but never mind, in that way we can't be the bad guys ^^
I'd rather be the bad guys than the helpless victims.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 06:45   Link #255
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Lol ^^

I bet the Americans and the Chinese started to fire there stuff at each other...and we probably got annoyed with all these flying nuclear shit in the skies...so we build our own shit
Old 2007-06-05, 06:56   Link #256
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The Gundam pilots are called Meisters, so there should be some European connection.

Granted, this whole organization with only 4 Gundams sounds a little iffy, since I was kinda hoping they'd be in control of private armies or something, but as long as the tech level's justified with a decent protrayal, I won't be complaining.

Doesn't change my excitement level though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 07:29   Link #257
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The tech is totally gonna come from kid genius with knowledge of "Black Technology" from out of nowhere...
Also, submarines may be involved.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 08:33   Link #258
brightman
Ancient Member

Setsuna? Another Camille with a girly name?

So far so good, except for the Wing-like aspect. But the better sense of realism is something to look forward to.

Oh, and I'm glad the mecha designs are being done by some new-to-Gundam designers (other than old Kunio, of course, but he seems to have a fairly minor role and isn't credited in the press release for example). Should bring an interesting perspective to the mechas in this series.

Last edited by brightman; 2007-06-05 at 08:52.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 08:47   Link #259
hattori666

Seems kinda of interesting, I might look forward to watching this series...hopefully it won't be a disappointment to any Gundam fans.
hattori666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 09:00   Link #260
Rever129

Quote:
MS-GUNDAM:

I don't like that part. I hated how in Seed a single MS can take out entire armies on its own. I hope Gundam 00 don't continue this trend.
Rever129 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers