AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-01-02, 01:14   Link #1
WindStriker
Cool Whip

power rangers

i have recently learned that power ranger is sentia (at least the action sequences) is there any good sites on this? Is there a place to get the origanal japanes version or is it licensed?
WindStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 01:29   Link #2
Lefteris_D

This is a good site about Sentai

My opinion is that though the Japanese version is the original the US version has better script and more close to reality. Do not forget to have a look at the database.
Old 2004-01-02, 01:39   Link #3
Tboz

Ha... that's a cool site.

AFAIK, sentai is some sort of a genre. Power Ranger is wholly made in America and there isn't any Japanese version. I think there isn't any connection between Flashman, Maskman and Power Ranger etc other than the fact that they are sentai (genre).
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 01:43   Link #4
Lefteris_D

The Power Rangers as we know them started from "Zyuranger". The only thing they have in common are the uniforms, the Zords and some of the monsters. At first some of the battle scenes were ripped from the Japanese versions but later on everything was made in USA.

I can't wait to see Wild Force as Time was the last shown here... then it stopped...
Old 2004-01-02, 02:04   Link #5
Tboz

Hmm.. ok... thanks for enlightening me. Having read that site again, seems like the 2nd season, Lightspeed Rescue etc are copies as well, same uniform and everything.
Old 2004-01-02, 02:54   Link #6
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefteris_D
The Power Rangers as we know them started from "Zyuranger". The only thing they have in common are the uniforms, the Zords and some of the monsters. At first some of the battle scenes were ripped from the Japanese versions but later on everything was made in USA.

I can't wait to see Wild Force as Time was the last shown here... then it stopped...

Sorry but you don't know what in the hell you are talking about.

1.They are not zords in Sentai
2.Nothing Power Rangers is made totaly in the USA
ALL PR series take stories,costumes,monsters,EVERYTHING from sentai. From the first season right up to the most current. PR is not original in anyway,shape or form.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 02:56   Link #7
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:

My opinion is that though the Japanese version is the original the US version has better script and more close to reality. Do not forget to have a look at the database.

"More close to reality" what the hell are you smoking,people might want to know since you are high as a kite. The Japanese version is the original and Power rangers is ass next to it. It would be like taking your favorite anime then having some US company re-animate it using sound effects and some art from the anime,but giving it semi new storeies,and totaly wasting what it's about.
Old 2004-01-02, 02:57   Link #8
Cyberdramon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindStriker
i have recently learned that power ranger is sentia (at least the action sequences) is there any good sites on this? Is there a place to get the origanal japanes version or is it licensed?
If you're interested in fansubs of Super Sentai check out www.tv-nihon.com the only live action show we that is listed here is Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, but we do other shows that you'd probably enjoy. Our current sentai projects are DaiRanger and ZyuRanger.
Cyberdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-02, 02:57   Link #9
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Hmm.. ok... thanks for enlightening me. Having read that site again, seems like the 2nd season, Lightspeed Rescue etc are copies as well, same uniform and everything.
The person posting to you here is not enlightening you. Just giving you bad information.
Old 2004-01-02, 04:21   Link #10
Lefteris_D

By saying "made in USA" I mean the US actors and several other scenes. All the uniforms, monsters & what whe know as "zords" are made in japan. Proof, the "ultrazord" from Zyu Ranger.

As for my statement that the US version has a more real script please compare Zyu Ranger and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and tell me what you like best, teenagers fighting aliens using superpowers or the dinosaur evolution that Zyu offers.

http://www.japanhero.com >> Data on Japanese versions

www.rangercentral.com >> Data on US versions
Old 2004-01-02, 10:46   Link #11
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
By saying "made in USA" I mean the US actors and several other scenes. All the uniforms, monsters & what whe know as "zords" are made in japan. Proof, the "ultrazord" from Zyu Ranger.

As for my statement that the US version has a more real script please compare Zyu Ranger and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and tell me what you like best, teenagers fighting aliens using superpowers or the dinosaur evolution that Zyu offers.

http://www.japanhero.com >> Data on Japanese versions

www.rangercentral.com >> Data on US versions

Are you dense? The US Power Rangers is crap. They take a great japanese show and turn it into garbage. If you like Power Rangers better you have no taste,this is just my opinion on the matter Oh yeah one other thing posting links to a site like rangercentral shows you really know nothing about sentai or even PR. That site is run by racists who have said such things as "PR is made in the us and is better i don't need any japs making stupid faces,sentai is gay"
Old 2004-01-02, 10:57   Link #12
Lefteris_D

What each person likes is clearly his opinion. Yes the US version is not better than the Jap but that does not make it crap.

As for Ranger Central being run by that kind of people I really dont know. I am not a member of their forum and I only use that site as a database because of the large collection of pictures and info regarding the US version. That is why I wrote "Data on US versions" next to it. My opinion over some things is completelly different ftom what they state in both site & forum.
Old 2004-01-02, 14:04   Link #13
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
What each person likes is clearly his opinion. Yes the US version is not better than the Jap but that does not make it crap.

Yeah it really does make it crap.
Old 2004-01-02, 22:17   Link #14
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:

Sentai rymes with hentai!!
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-03, 03:35   Link #15
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
The person posting to you here is not enlightening you. Just giving you bad information.
Well... he enlightened me that the Power Rangers series are actually copied from Japan. I previously thought that the Americans had only borrowed the idea of Sentai and develope it with their own costumes and zoids.

I am not sure which is better though, since I have never seen the original from Japan.
Old 2004-02-13, 16:07   Link #16
bitwar

Send a message via AIM to bitwar Send a message via Yahoo to bitwar
you guys at tv-nihon rock! More Dairanger!! Hee hee How often do you get episodes done? Just curious because I can't find anywhere else to get the series. But great job on the sentai so far. (oh, can anyone help be download the last 1% of Super Sentai World??? )
bitwar is offline   Reply With Quote