Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-26, 11:33   Link #21
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
And, though it was a fairly easy prediction, looks like I was right about Luffy (and the snake) eating loads and the Marines thinking she's doing all the eating (but they don't really mind). Hancock being all dere-dere over Luffy is such fun (older woman tsundere for the win!)
No, actually Hancock is coodere lol

Coodere = cool + dere.

When a coodere character is not with the person she loves, she is a cool and sometimes heartless person. Hancock is 'kakoii' as described by her followers and is heartless, kicking baby animals, turning people into stone. But with Luffy around now, she's extremely deredere towards him.

This makes Hancock a coodere. She's not tsundere because she has absolutely no tsuntsun attitude towards Luffy.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-11-26, 11:38   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Ace asking his grandfather to kill him is rather sad - things really are *that* serious. (Clearly Ace hopes his death would mean Whitebeard won't charge into the trap).

To be honest, I think Garp is right. Ace dying before the execution date would only further piss off Newgate. He'd probably tear the whole Grand Line apart with his bare hands in his uncontrollable rage. That's why it's not wise to mess with the king of the sea....

Quote:
And, though it was a fairly easy prediction, looks like I was right about Luffy (and the snake) eating loads and the Marines thinking she's doing all the eating (but they don't really mind). Hancock being all dere-dere over Luffy is such fun (older woman tsundere for the win!)

Speaking of that, the summary I posted before was updated with the Hancock scene:

Quote:
Hancock and luffy on momongas ship
Marinesoldier "Sound of astonishment"
hancock "A normal meal for me must weight 100 kgs. Everything smaller is a snack for me. I will turn you into stones again..."
Soldier "no... I'm sorry! it won't happen again"
The soldier turns into a stone
other marine "That was..."
other marine "That was a warning! We musn't look into her room"
Hancock "Luffy... you're eating too much..."
Luffy "this tastes good. You should eat it too"
Hancock "Omg"
Luffy "What are you doing in that corner? Don't you want to eat anythin? This seaking meat is tasty"
Hancock "It's ok... I don't need it. My boobs are full enough" (PN: WTF? )
Luffy *burping* "Finished! I need more!"
Hancock "don't forget that you are stowaway on this ship"

scene with marines in hancocks room.
The marines are wondering if there is someone else in the room.
They hear Hancocks voice and burping sounds between her words.
They are wondering "this doesn't sounds like a empress"

Hancock says to them "That was a good meal. I need it 5 times a day"
marines "so much? We also need to eat something!"
Hancock "You can die..."
marines "she is cruel! But cute"

I gotta admit.... as much as I dislike Hancock's crush on Luffy, I found this part hilarious. ALSO, the Zoro/Perona scene:

Quote:
Perona:
She says that this place is like she imagined it. A dark humid/wet castle where she can sing cursed songs. She wonders "but there aren't any servants here!".
"Why didn't Kuma notice that part of my wish!Why doesn't he heard that i want to wake up and be served blabla! Why doesn't he heard that i wanted a cute dog. Where i'm i? Moria, i will come back to Thriller Bark!"
Zoro lands.
perona "ha! Someone came here. He must have met the bear. Oh it's one of the SHs and he is half dead. *weird sounds*"
Zoro wakes up and has been well treated by perona. She sleeps near to him.
Zoro "I'm still living! ... where i'm i? (he remembers kuma)"
Zoro to perona "what do you do here?"
Perona "How can you yell at me like that?"
Zoro "Where are my swords?"
Perona "like i will give them back to you..."

So... she swiped Zoro's swords. Maybe Kuma sent Zoro there so he can learn to cut intangible objects (i.e. Perona's ghosts). Maybe learning to cut immaterial things like ghosts will push Zoro closer to being able to slash through diamond, and eventually the elements.....
Old 2008-11-26, 11:44   Link #23
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Maybe Kuma sent Zoro there so he can learn to cut intangible objects (i.e. Perona's ghosts). Maybe learning to cut immaterial things like ghosts will push Zoro closer to being able to slash through diamond, and eventually the elements.....
that does make sense. we saw rayling's sword battle against the light sword of kizru. i doubt that a normal sword would do such things.
Old 2008-11-26, 12:47   Link #24
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Thanks for the spoilers Aohige.

Wow, Zoro landed on the same island as Perona. Now that is a surprise I was certainly not expecting (My "theory" a few weeks ago was that Usopp would end up with her, but instead Zoro ). I wonder how her powers will help Zoro evolve as a swordsman.
I'm surprised that we get to see Perona again. I bet Zoro is surprised as well and not too happy about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, my favourite scenes from the scans are the Shichibukai dining together. It was great to see all of them together, laughing and making merry. Their combined power...just imagining their future fights, sends shivers down my spine. This arc is setting itself up as something phenomenal.
I bet Jimbei isn't with them considering he's against the whitebeard war. I wonder if there would be any explaination to Mihawk's and Doflamingo's powers?

Quote:
Hahah, I love the Brooke scene. Zoro is most definitely a surprise, as well (and it's even MORE funny considering how many people guessed that Usopp would be sent to Perona's location!). Speaking of Usopp, it looks like he's at a pretty interesting location (which is NOT Elbaf, thankfully). And Robin is a.... slave? Maybe that bridge has something to do with the lost history...? I guess Chopper ended up at some medical island (the people there sure are fat!). Also, unless I'm mistaken, it looks like Momonga and his marines were shocked by Hancock eating up all the food that she actually fed Luffy, which is absolutely no surprise whatsoever (love Momonga's expression, though)!
With Brook, being in a land of poverty would be as good as being in a graveyard.

With Robin, if those slaves are rebuilding the bridge at Enies Lobby, she would certainly unleash her wrath on those slavedrivers brutally.

With Usopp, I wonder if he'll adress those theives as his "8000 men"?

With Chopper, how medical is the island he's on? I bet those fat people are a lot like Homer Simpson.
Old 2008-11-26, 12:48   Link #25
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

alright this chapter looks like its gonna be some fun. What a cliff hanger in of itself. Pretty cool.

cant wait for a further scene between the Shikabuchai. Seriously it is like that time with Crocodile and the rest of his co-workers.
We know epicness will reign upon the OP world.

so exciting.

So I don't think that there's gonna be much about the other characters at this point. I think that all we need is a couple of panels showing where they are. This will lead to either flashbacks or flashbacks/explanations during the characters' fights in the war.
Old 2008-11-26, 12:59   Link #26
marvelB

About the Shichibukai scene.... I find it rather amusing how Doflamingo and Blackbeard seem to be the only ones enjoying themselves (lookit Doflamingo standing on his chair!). Moria looks flat-out surly, and it's damn near impossible to fathom Kuma and Mihawk at this point. I'd imagine that Hancock would be surly like Moria if she were sitting at the dining table with them (and she were seperated from Luffy)....

..Oh, and I like Blackbeard's hat. IMO, he's a more pimpin' pirate than Doflamingo.
Old 2008-11-26, 13:11   Link #27
seiji_kun

I wonder how Oda is going to do the mini stories. So far it's like I expected and I hoped. With Luffy getting his own little arc and then having flashbacks to where the other strawhats are since I didn't want each strawhat to have his own little arc. The only two I kind of wanted to follow besides was Zoro & Robin and they do seem to have the most interesting locations. Zoro dropping where Perona is was something that I couldn't imagine at all but now it makes me even more want to follow him. I guess the focus will be back at Luffy from next week and later we'll get an update on each strawhat cause Sanji & Robin & Zoro are in quite the predicament.

And the shichibukai dining, how I would love how Kuma would mock Moria for not needing his help but then getting his ass whooped bye Luffy. Then seeing Blackbeard laugh and commenting on the Tenryuubito affair. Luffy is so popular, every shichibukai knows him bye now besides Jinbei or he has to have heared that Arlong got beaten bye Luffy. But they got probably better things to do then talk about Luffy.

And I really feel sorry for Ace. Like expected, the mental anguish is so much worse then the physical pain. I'm really worried that after this war Ace will be a broken man. He said he doesn't live with regrets but I'm worried that at the end he'll have a major regret.
Old 2008-11-26, 13:22   Link #28
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
About the Shichibukai scene.... I find it rather amusing how Doflamingo and Blackbeard seem to be the only ones enjoying themselves (lookit Doflamingo standing on his chair!). Moria looks flat-out surly, and it's damn near impossible to fathom Kuma and Mihawk at this point. I'd imagine that Hancock would be surly like Moria if she were sitting at the dining table with them (and she were seperated from Luffy)....

..Oh, and I like Blackbeard's hat. IMO, he's a more pimpin' pirate than Doflamingo.
Hahah yeah, it's pretty cool how Mihawk is asleep.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2008-11-26 at 14:58.
Old 2008-11-26, 13:34   Link #29
marvelB

So... apparently, the place Robin is at, Tequila Wolf, is in East Blue. If that's true, then it would seem that Robin's travelled the furthest distance out of everybody (though she actually still wouldn't be that far from Impel Down)....

Oh, and the enemies of those cultists from Namakura island (Brooke's location) are the Longarm tribe, interestingly enough. So.... does this mean that this island is Scratchmen Apoo's homeland!?
Old 2008-11-26, 14:21   Link #30
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
And.... I forgot to talk about the ministory! Looks like Lucci is talking to Spandam on the denden mushi. The title says "former comrade Rob Lucci", so it looks like leopard-man isn't too happy with Spanda.....
That's pretty much what I expected. "Former CP9" kicked the marines' ass and Lucci is giving Spandam a piece of his mind. It's a bit of a shame that we don't get to see alot of details on ministories. I'd love to see some of these animated; it would beat seeing another filler arc. Unfortunately some of them don't fit into the timeline anymore, but even that may not be a problem with flashback storytelling.
Old 2008-11-26, 17:48   Link #31
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
It's a bit of a shame that we don't get to see alot of details on ministories. I'd love to see some of these animated; it would beat seeing another filler arc. Unfortunately some of them don't fit into the timeline anymore, but even that may not be a problem with flashback storytelling.

I agree. Animated ministories WOULD be awesome. But sadly, Toei doesn't seem to think so. It's a shame, because I would have love to see the Jango, Wapol and Gedatsu ministories make it into the anime.... oh, well.

Also, about Brooke, maybe the Longarm tribe will help him gain new musical-based attacks? I mean, Apoo was a musical-themed pirate, so maybe the rest of his tribe incorporates music into their fighting style, as well? That is, if the attack we saw him use on Kizaru wasn't a DF power, then imagine all of the crazy stuff Brooke could learn....
Old 2008-11-26, 18:43   Link #32
james0246

Quote:
Also, about Brooke, maybe the Longarm tribe will help him gain new musical-based attacks? I mean, Apoo was a musical-themed pirate, so maybe the rest of his tribe incorporates music into their fighting style, as well? That is, if the attack we saw him use on Kizaru wasn't a DF power, then imagine all of the crazy stuff Brooke could learn....
Agreed. My initial recaction to Brook's placement was the same as yours. Specifically, Brook will never be a able to increase the power of his attacks (he has no muscle in order to increase his power ), so he can only learn speed and precision attacks (which he seemed to specialize in anyway, considering his sword is far closer to being a rapier than anything else) or he can learn some sort of musical or maybe wind attack. As we saw in the Duval fights, he can use musical attacks already, but seemingly only as a means of paralysis rather than an actual attack. So, Brook potentially learning some of Apoo's powers would be interesting.

As for Usopp, a running gag of Oda's is to have Usopp's stories come true, so my prediction for the island: Usopp landed on a Giant Poop island (one of his stories that he told Kaya way back in the beginning), the landmass made from a giant Sea Kings poop (what better place for crazy vegetation to grow than an island made of fertilizer ). Obviously I have no reason to actually believe this, and I am being a little factetious in bringing this old story up, but I figure Usopp is due for a crazed adventure, and visiting an island made from the poop of a giant Sea King is about the craziest thing that could happen to Usopp in the One Piece world.

And of course Zoro...I hope he is not going to learn how to cut through the immaterial during his mini-arc. It is far too soon for Zoro to gain such an ability. Rather, I am going to say that he will learn how to stay completely focused in a fight, learning how to always hear the "breath" of the world around him, effectively making him immune to Perona's abilities while at the same time maybe attaining the ability to cut through diamond/Pacifistas.

Sadly enough, for some reason I do not care about Chopper's or Robin's plight...maybe once I get a full scan set I will get more into their stories.
Old 2008-11-26, 20:08   Link #33
Would?
Ravemaster

Send a message via AIM to Would?
These new developements sound good, though I wonder about a few things

Robin's location doesn't seem to connect with any of her abilities or lack of, other than that she never does physical labor. I also wonder how she is going to be getting back to Luffy (probably by jacking a marine ship or something).

I also am HUGELY interested in what Franky is going to learn on his island. Depending on how Oda decides to write this, week could find out so much information about the devil fruits, Kuma and Vegapunk.

Lastly, I predict a family reunion of sorts at Impel Down. The idea of the Monkey/ Portugas family meeting up in one place sounds like both hilarious and an absolute disaster.
Old 2008-11-26, 22:22   Link #34
Slayerx

y'know, with Zoro on the same island as perona it seems like my prediction that she would be the subject of the next mini-arc was wrong... i mean, we are gonna hear her story when we hear zoro's and thus no point in a miniarc... her disappearance by Kuma really did seem like such a good excuse for a mini arc too

oh well, i'm kinda glad to see her again... re-watching some of the thriller bark episodes has been reminding me that i did kind of liked her... perona vs ussop had a couple of really great moments; best ussop fight yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
That's pretty much what I expected. "Former CP9" kicked the marines' ass and Lucci is giving Spandam a piece of his mind. It's a bit of a shame that we don't get to see alot of details on ministories. I'd love to see some of these animated; it would beat seeing another filler arc. Unfortunately some of them don't fit into the timeline anymore, but even that may not be a problem with flashback storytelling.
Flashback storytelling is the way to go...
i mean, take hachi's ministory for instance. With the anime not to far from the duval arc i think the anime is goona need to tell Hachi's story... i mean, anime viewers will be surprised but also very confused to see Hachi; they would probably like to know how Hachi got there

best way to do things would be to go through the duval arc, and then have Hachi explain in flashback his ministory... if the anime tried to tell Hachi's story first before Duval, not only would it seem like a very odd segway, but when Cammie pops up in the main storyline then it becomes OBVIOUS as to why the anime told us that story... one thing that made the camie and Hachi thing so nice in the manga was that the ministory happened so long ago that we had practically forgotten about them... so it had a hint of nostaglia to see them again after so long

but speaking of matieral for fillers... i was thinking of one possibility... Oda could actually use the seperation arc as an excuse to provide the anime team with filler material... i mean instead of going into detail over what each of the crew has been going through which would take a lot of time, he just keeps focus on Luffy and just have the rest of the crew show up when it's time for them to meet up with just a brief summary over what they been through... oda then continues the manga as normal... meanwhile, the anime team becomes charged with the task of fillinf in the blanks and making the details of what went on (with some support from Oda to keep it cannon)... Oda continues with the manga, and the anime team has like a year's worth a filler to work with that was written and prepared with oda's aid (stuff that the managa readers will WANT to see)
Old 2008-11-26, 22:36   Link #35
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

Possible Filler Material we agree needs to be in some way connected with the World to some degree. We have howver seen some classic examples already on what kind of fillers we can expect.

First is the classic "New Island or Sea Adventure" Like a Tressure Hunt, it wouldent really be off canon if when the Strawhats reach the Archipello they would have 300million instead of 200million it wouldent be enough anyway, and to explain how it disapears again so fast. Luffy's stomack.

Second option Childhood/Backstory: We can get more "In the past" episodes, like an other Shanks visiting Luffy, Ace and Luffy as kids, Some Revolutionary episodes where we can see them deal with some nation, the incident that lead to Nami and her sister being adopted by their foster mother. Smoker in the Marine Academy... there are alot of more posibilities of this kind of fillers.

Third Option: Also rather classic but "Dead Episodes" basicly no real relevance at all. Like beating a random Pirate Crew also on the way to the archipello. Foolish chapters on Sunny like Ussop doing standup comedy and even others try to see who can make others laugh the most. Sanji trying a new fish or something for a dish, everyone gets sick or something and chopper needs to try to fix everyone, the basic of all fillers are this kind, no direct relevance to story at all, no major foes, nothing grand.

Well thats the basic i would look at. There are tones of possible filler material to pick from.
Old 2008-11-27, 00:56   Link #36
herbert

Need to read this chapter. I feel I may want to ship PeronaXZoro.

After seeing Luffy and Hancock in an affair, I find I want more shippings in One Piece, which was something I never thought I would be interested in.
Old 2008-11-27, 01:08   Link #37
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Need to read this chapter. I feel I may want to ship PeronaXZoro.

After seeing Luffy and Hancock in an affair, I find I want more shippings in One Piece, which was something I never thought I would be interested in.
lol you know what, I'm in that boat too!

before it never bothered me with romance in OP, didn't care if it was there or not but with recent LuffyXBoa stuff going on I'm totally for it now

but in the end if this stuff happens or not I'm not bothered, I'd still see it as a bonus, a totally awesome bonus tho
Old 2008-11-27, 01:47   Link #38
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
To be honest, I think Garp is right. Ace dying before the execution date would only further piss off Newgate. He'd probably tear the whole Grand Line apart with his bare hands in his uncontrollable rage. That's why it's not wise to mess with the king of the sea....

That's what I don't understand. How come Whitebeard hasn't taken up the mantle of Pirate King if he already has the largest of all of the pirate crews, is absolutely feared by every pirate (save a few) in the seas, and is already considered king of the sea!

Why not just take One Piece for himself?
Old 2008-11-27, 03:14   Link #39
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

It is funny that how Blackbeard's dressing style evolves as much as his reputation
First he was nothing and he was wearing our everyday pirates rip off shirts...
For gaining darkness devil fruit, he started to wear a black coat and some rings...
And now he defeated Ace, he is wearing a hat lol Guess both fame and wealth is enough to compare him with his real life counterpart (except the beard lenght )

I wonder what will it be next? Maybe that infamous "claw/fork" weapon will appear (the one caused Shank's scars) for slaying Whitebeard?
Old 2008-11-27, 08:56   Link #40
seiji_kun

Brooke is priceless, he lands and the first thing he asks is to see some panties, even funnier that the girl actually does it. Satan has arrived, lol. And it really makes you wonder how Luffy will act at Impel Down. He can't even act unsuspicious while sailing to Impel Down, though the Luffy - Boa interaction seems cute.
Oh and Smoker & Tachi arrived to, an other bigshot has arrived imo. Smoker is pure badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The Log Pose needs a specific amount of time to get adjusted to the next islan; in Little Garden it was even a hundred years, so maybe to get to the final island, you also have to wait a serious amount of time and nobody found the way yet.
Wasn't it only a year for Little Garden? Which is still freaking long, especially for Luffy. I think those seas are just near unconquerable. Like Roger needed a ship made out of that Adam three bye Tom. Only the best ships will make it through, else you would expect the WG to have made it already there.

Maybe pirates should be happy that Ao Kiji didn't want to become PK. You would expect him to be able to walk or cycle his way to Raftel.