AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-02, 23:02   Link #141
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

Revan5, please wait til AFTER there is a readable version of 86 before posting it. If not your simply spoiling other readers. If not at the very least place it in a spoiler tag and referance it to chapter 86 Material, since 86 is not Scanlated or Translated yet and this chapter has nothing to do with chapter 86 directly please spare those that actualy wait til chapter 86 is out before posting material of that chapter, it really sucks to be spoiled.
Old 2008-12-02, 23:10   Link #142
Ancient Soul

...@Weils already postet a first translation on chapter 86...which most of us already read it

It would be intersting to know if there are DODs (like this month chapter suggest) on the Island they are following OE (Organisation Enemy) orders or act on their own!As far as we know Rubel don't know anything about DODs being on The Island!

A powerfull rogue DOD (or many) may chance everyone course of action especially that of Miria who plan to take down The ORG.A rogue DOD would be against what Rubel told them (that his side will not directly attack) and thus their plan must be changed since their info on which they acted until now is not accurate.

Also if The ORG find out that may ask for reinforcements or begin to redeploy from the Island.
Old 2008-12-03, 00:00   Link #143
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordes Pilosus View Post
Revan5, please wait til AFTER there is a readable version of 86 before posting it. If not your simply spoiling other readers. If not at the very least place it in a spoiler tag and referance it to chapter 86 Material, since 86 is not Scanlated or Translated yet and this chapter has nothing to do with chapter 86 directly please spare those that actualy wait til chapter 86 is out before posting material of that chapter, it really sucks to be spoiled.
I waited until there was a spoiler with a plot translation to post. Anyways, I put everything in a nice spoiler section just for your sake.

Spoiler:

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2008-12-03, 00:23   Link #144
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

My sake ? No I followed the Chinease version and all that like most other hardcore fans. Just really annoying when a mods comes around later or someone likes to wait to get to read it online and takes part in this topic for instance to just have their exiting wait ruined due to a misplaced spoiler.
Old 2008-12-04, 12:45   Link #145
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2008-12-04, 18:19   Link #146
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
I think Isley saw Helen's sword.
pag 25,27,28
Old 2008-12-04, 19:07   Link #147
Walter
Wielder of paper-claymore

Send a message via MSN to Walter
Isley is known for being very cunning. I think he would find two people in black hooded cloaks standing in the middle of street looking at him extremely suspicious.
Old 2008-12-04, 19:11   Link #148
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I think Isley saw Helen's sword.
pag 25,27,28

Spoiler for Isley, the Ghosts and the new Balance of Power:

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
Old 2008-12-04, 20:58   Link #149
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
I was hoping the key event in Chapter 86 would NOT happen. It just makes the idea of a "total war" on the island a bit more confusing & muddled.

So, Revan5, if we go along with your hypothesis (which itself is quite likely), then:

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-04, 22:36   Link #150
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
I was hoping the key event in Chapter 86 would NOT happen. It just makes the idea of a "total war" on the island a bit more confusing & muddled.

So, Revan5, if we go along with your hypothesis (which itself is quite likely), then:

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for Concerning the Balance of Power in the Island War:

Old 2008-12-05, 14:42   Link #151
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Maybe the Demon eats AB and Isley is a potential snack
Old 2008-12-05, 20:07   Link #152
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Maybe the Demon eats AB and Isley is a potential snack
Hey! That's possible But I don't think Isley will taste that nice. Last we saw of him, he seems to be in quite an anal mood.

@Revan5:
Spoiler for Amendment to Hypothesis:
Old 2008-12-06, 05:55   Link #153
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Hey! That's possible But I don't think Isley will taste that nice. Last we saw of him, he seems to be in quite an anal mood.

@Revan5:
Spoiler for Amendment to Hypothesis:

Spoiler for Isley: Total War, food supply and towns:

Old 2008-12-06, 07:21   Link #154
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Luciela would surely taste much better
Old 2008-12-07, 23:44   Link #155
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Question

Quote:
Luciela would surely taste much better
I'd like to second that idea. Although I'm sure you'd only "dig in" after she was long dead. Nothing worse than eating something only to realize it has begun to eat you too (I'm referring to Luciella's many mouths she can create across her body).

Anyways, does anyone have any bets, now that we know of a new power, whether or not it eats humans? It's got to eat something, though nobody seems to know for sure what. Anyone willing to explain what it eats and why?

Old 2008-12-08, 07:05   Link #156
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
I'd like to second that idea. Although I'm sure you'd only "dig in" after she was long dead. Nothing worse than eating something only to realize it has begun to eat you too (I'm referring to Luciella's many mouths she can create across her body).

Anyways, does anyone have any bets, now that we know of a new power, whether or not it eats humans? It's got to eat something, though nobody seems to know for sure what. Anyone willing to explain what it eats and why?
Actually, that's something I like about Luciela, all those mouths are... suggestive

Anyway, the demon should eat humans because I just don't think that Isley would kill half of the South. It doesn't seem his style.

But if that thing is something that the Organization created just to destroy AB, something like Alicia, then it should eat AB

What if is Alicia who has gone berserk, the Organization couldn't call it Abyssal One because the Soul-Link project was a secret. But they called Luciela Abyssal One, oh i'm confused now
Old 2008-12-08, 18:59   Link #157
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Actually, that's something I like about Luciela, all those mouths are... suggestive

Anyway, the demon should eat humans because I just don't think that Isley would kill half of the South. It doesn't seem his style.

But if that thing is something that the Organization created just to destroy AB, something like Alicia, then it should eat AB

What if is Alicia who has gone berserk, the Organization couldn't call it Abyssal One because the Soul-Link project was a secret. But they called Luciela Abyssal One, oh i'm confused now
Yes JB, you of all people, judging from how much reaction I've seen to your posts on the image thread, would say that. But hey, at least we're not dealing with certain individuals on this thread (to our knowledge) that skip certain chapters because of nudity, so you're fine.

I would agree that it seems this Demon (we really should put this to a vote as to what it is) probably eats humans. It does seem totally unlike Isley to go on a rampage of eating, particularly when he's living in amongst a group of humans.

I rather doubt this is an Organization creation...the reason being is that Claymores are afraid of it, and it doesn't appear to be directed from the east. Instead it's settled in the south, which may be closer to the mainland and where the Dragonkin roam. Again, on the Alicia theory, it seems fine right up until you notice the eyes had irises (hers do not) and there is no outline of armored hairlets. So I'm going to take a minor risk here and guarantee you it is in fact, not Alicia. It could be Beth, but it isn't Alicia.

Old 2008-12-09, 10:18   Link #158
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Yes JB, you of all people, judging from how much reaction I've seen to your posts on the image thread, would say that. But hey, at least we're not dealing with certain individuals on this thread (to our knowledge) that skip certain chapters because of nudity, so you're fine.

I would agree that it seems this Demon (we really should put this to a vote as to what it is) probably eats humans. It does seem totally unlike Isley to go on a rampage of eating, particularly when he's living in amongst a group of humans.

I rather doubt this is an Organization creation...the reason being is that Claymores are afraid of it, and it doesn't appear to be directed from the east. Instead it's settled in the south, which may be closer to the mainland and where the Dragonkin roam. Again, on the Alicia theory, it seems fine right up until you notice the eyes had irises (hers do not) and there is no outline of armored hairlets. So I'm going to take a minor risk here and guarantee you it is in fact, not Alicia. It could be Beth, but it isn't Alicia.
Hum? what do you mean by reactions?
Let's not badmouth that person who doesn't like nudity, she is my friend too.

Have you ever hunted and animal? A good way to hunt an animal is to go after what they feed on, that will make our prey uses drastic measures.
I think that is what the demon is doing, he is killling human and those are the Isley's food. That is making Isley use drastic measures
Old 2008-12-09, 11:09   Link #159
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:

Have you ever hunted and animal? A good way to hunt an animal is to go after what they feed on, that will make our prey uses drastic measures.
I think that is what the demon is doing, he is killling human and those are the Isley's food. That is making Isley use drastic measures
consideering that Priscila has survived without food for more than 7 years, and that Isley's town looked fine, I don't think thats an option.

anyway here is my theory...

I stil think that Isley is not necessarily a bad guy, he is a knight, his awakened form and his behavior are proof of that.

That town is Priscila's hometown (is in the south)

The town is surprisingly in a very good condition (Helen or Deneve were surprised of how lively it was), meaning that Isley may be protecting it, like being the guardian of his master's castle.

He saw two hooded people entering the town, he probably know that no strangers get near that place because of his huge youki, so he wanted to check it out, he probably know most people in town already.

Isley youki-tricked Helen's leg trying to find out their intentions, then he got pissed at Deneve's lie when he saw the tip of her sword (you don't tell lies to a knight and expect him to respect you) also at this point he may have seen them as assassins entering his town, the lowest form of life to a knight.

and finally the lie thing would be some kind of moral message, because in the same chapter we saw a complete opposite behavior from Dietrich's part, she would rather die than tell a lie.
I think it would have been better if Dietrich was with them in that town.

That's how I understood the chapter.

oh, and for the shape of his face, I'm 95% sure that the demon is one of those dragon-f*cks (they have no oficial name yet so I can call them whatever I want =P)
Old 2008-12-09, 15:00   Link #160
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:

I should have said that it was more like joking around about the whole thing with no intent to harm. Let's be honest, your friend has confused some people here. A number of us still cannot figure out why they'd still be reading Claymore after one takes a look at the chapters. There is implied rape, mutilation, and nudity throughout this manga. Hopefully your friend can balance things as a fan of Claymore, although I'm not sure how that is possible.

I agree with you on the hunting analogy...the best way to hunt Isley is to wipe out his food supply, and once that's nice and contained, you strike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
consideering that Priscila has survived without food for more than 7 years, and that Isley's town looked fine, I don't think thats an option.

anyway here is my theory...

I stil think that Isley is not necessarily a bad guy, he is a knight, his awakened form and his behavior are proof of that.

That town is Priscila's hometown (is in the south)

The town is surprisingly in a very good condition (Helen or Deneve were surprised of how lively it was), meaning that Isley may be protecting it, like being the guardian of his master's castle.

He saw two hooded people entering the town, he probably know that no strangers get near that place because of his huge youki, so he wanted to check it out, he probably know most people in town already.

Isley youki-tricked Helen's leg trying to find out their intentions, then he got pissed at Deneve's lie when he saw the tip of her sword (you don't tell lies to a knight and expect him to respect you) also at this point he may have seen them as assassins entering his town, the lowest form of life to a knight.

and finally the lie thing would be some kind of moral message, because in the same chapter we saw a complete opposite behavior from Dietrich's part, she would rather die than tell a lie.
I think it would have been better if Dietrich was with them in that town.

That's how I understood the chapter.

oh, and for the shape of his face, I'm 95% sure that the demon is one of those dragon-f*cks (they have no oficial name yet so I can call them whatever I want =P)
I don't buy the Isley is a good guy in this Island War saga, especially after his words to "wipe" all life out in Pieta. He has a clear ruthless streak hidden by an overarching "nice" personality. Sure, one minute he could be offering to help you up, but the next he could be slicing you up just like he did Deneve. Isley in my eyes is just as power-hungry as the other factions.

About the dragon-expletives, ah, I believe their unofficial names are Dragonkin or Descendants of Dragons (thus why you see DoDs mentioned). I believe the demon is one simply for timing issues.

What I mean is that we first saw an awakened being in chapter 23 or so, but didn't hear about them until 25, and didn't see them another one involving Claire until Chapter 26/27. Yagi has done something similar with Dragonkin I believe: we first hear about them in chapter 79, but it may be our first sighting has already happened in chapter 86. My guess is that Yagi likes to give the story a little time to develop before introducing new beings into it.

Closed Thread