AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-04, 17:54   Link #201
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Isley's last fight was epic. He was the Awakened Being who gave us more cool fights. Stupid Zombies and stupid Org and stupid Rimuto and stupid Rubel

Anyway, how the mighty have fallen. The Abyssal Ones were the invencible powers in the Continent in the past and look at their state now.

One is dead, another is in a comma and the last one is in suicide state. It's time for the New Age!

Good analysis like always. Riful will probrably be the one to follow Isley to the grave, I don't really think that Riful would ever ally with the Ghosts. She seems to be preety pissed at Clare and allying with someone who has the bad habit of trying to make friends by Awakening don't seem Miria style.

After defeating Isley, the Org is invencible at the moment. Alicia's strenght was based on RIful's power (Witch's Maw arc) so it's safe to say that Riful can't defeat the Dark Ones, especially with a group of more than 11 AE helping Alicia & Beth. The biggest doubt is if the AEs could be used to protect Beth while Alicia fights.
Of course, Racyella's Awakening will surely shake the foundations of the Claymore World. It might even force the DoDs to show themselves.

Still, I don't think that knowing that Isley is dead is a great advantange to the Ghosts. The death of an Abyssal will surely be felt by Tabitha or Galatea in Rabona and Riful in the West.
Old 2009-03-05, 02:21   Link #202
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Isley's last fight was epic. He was the Awakened Being who gave us more cool fights. Stupid Zombies and stupid Org and stupid Rimuto and stupid Rubel

Anyway, how the mighty have fallen. The Abyssal Ones were the invencible powers in the Continent in the past and look at their state now.

One is dead, another is in a comma and the last one is in suicide state. It's time for the New Age!

Good analysis like always. Riful will probrably be the one to follow Isley to the grave, I don't really think that Riful would ever ally with the Ghosts. She seems to be preety pissed at Clare and allying with someone who has the bad habit of trying to make friends by Awakening don't seem Miria style.

After defeating Isley, the Org is invincible at the moment. Alicia's strength was based on RIful's power (Witch's Maw arc) so it's safe to say that Riful can't defeat the Dark Ones, especially with a group of more than 11 AE helping Alicia & Beth. The biggest doubt is if the AEs could be used to protect Beth while Alicia fights.
Of course, Racyella's Awakening will surely shake the foundations of the Claymore World. It might even force the DoDs to show themselves.

Still, I don't think that knowing that Isley is dead is a great advantange to the Ghosts. The death of an Abyssal will surely be felt by Tabitha or Galatea in Rabona and Riful in the West.
Actually what would force the DoDs to show up is if the Organization discovered that partial awakening were a possibility. Perhaps Claire might be forced to surpass her limits in the upcoming showdown or if she's trapped between Riful and Alicia and has to fight her way out.

The other way I could see the Org becoming aware is if the Ghosts manage to merge Rafaela with Luciella's remains, but keep her from completely awakening.

One thing though, don't assume the Org is invincible. Priscilla's still around after all, and we have yet to see the kind of carnage she might inflict at a most inopportune time for the Org. The possibility of a Raciella is still there.

My guess is Riful is either going to ally with the Ghosts, or she's going to go out spectacularly. It'll probably involve her trying to get even with Claire when she discovers Claire's group in the west, then Alicia/Bess & the Abyss Feeders show up and all hell breaks out.

This is followed shortly thereafter by Helen/Deneve showing up, and possibly a mini-fight with Dauf, who gets his ass beaten, and/or killed. Last of all Miria & Tabitha show up and a MIB finally identifies our heroes, to Rubel's horror.

With the rebellion beginning shortly thereafter, the DoDs/Org Enemies decide to intervene to prevent the Ghosts' abilities from falling into the Organization's hands. Expect to see Dragonkin after Riful is dead and the Org knows what it's up against. The problem for us is that we have no idea which side they'll primarily target: the Ghosts or the Organization? Arguably either way they can't lose!

There are several wild cards in all of this:

1) Priscilla
2) Raciella-is she awakened, or only partially?
3) Awareness of partial awakening by Org
4) Abyss Feeders
5) Humans/military of Rabona
6) Who wins the fight, Alicia or Riful?

On and on it goes...

While I doubt they'll come, there is a chance Miata/Clarice/Galatea may even show up given the situation. Defending myself on the Alicia front, it must be said that the existence of Abyss Feeders as backup and the death of Isley were what finally allowed for the Org's using her to take down Riful.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2009-06-12, 20:28   Link #203
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Wow, I think it's too bad that this thread fell out of favor, considering it's exactly what we should be discussing. Man, looking over my last post, it seems I was off "slightly". Never fear though, the Dark Lord of Animesuki's claymore community has a track record to keep of making grand claims that (mostly) don't pan out.

So let's sum up where the hell the war is right now, shall we?

Island Superpower-The Organization

Now under tremendous threat since we last saw them. Claire's fast-track awakening of "Raciella's" has just split the race to be top power on the island wide open. That said, the Organization has a lot going for it. They have not one but two Abyssal-level claymores (Alicia/Beth) who are somewhere near Riful's level in fighting abilities. Their Abyss Feeders have demonstrated that they can kill Abyssal Ones, given enough time and replacements. They possess at least two packs of them now, giving them somewhere around (10-30) Abyss Feeders to attack Riful and whoever else threatens their reign. But of course, there is THAT PROBLEM: they only go after the target when the Org can acquire part of their flesh. This makes them a "second-strike" weapon, or at best a support weapon.

The Org's backup, as always, is the 47 claymores it possesses and the numerous trainees it has. The Org at the moment holds the most firepower, but they also have the most to lose. My fearless prediction?

The Org is going to fight all-out, with an attack on Rabona to drag the Ghosts' out to fight the Abyss Feeders. How the hell does that happen? Getting the Abyss Feeders conditioned to seek out human meat. In the meantime, I predict they will lose at least one of their Abyssal-level claymores (most likely Alicia).

Number Two Power-The Ghosts

While they may lack an Alicia/Beth, the Ghosts have not one, two, but three No 1 potential fighters: Claire, Miria and Miata. The supporting cast, although small, is excellent at fighting (all single digit level fighters besides Clarice). The real key is that the Ghosts have an unprecedented level of knowledge about the Org, they have fighters that excel, they are impossible to sense (excepting when they release yoki). If the new being Claire has "awakened" is pulled back, then they're well on their way to challenging for top power status. If not, then all bets are off!

Western Abyssal (Riful+Dauf) "The Third Power"

Talk about not catching a break. Even if Alicia is considering adding the new "Raciella" to her target list, the first on that list is none other than everyone's favorite awakened being. Riful & Dauf, should they go back to the dilapidated castle, face a possible pincer movement from Claire/Raciella and Alicia/Beth/Abyss Feeders. My only conclusion is that no matter what happens, Riful/Dauf are doomed. But that doesn't mean it can't be done in a splashy manner, eh?

The Wild Cards

Super-Abyssal One Priscilla
New Super-Abyssal One "Raciella"
The Organization's enemies/Dragonkin

The Big Picture

Where do I see this going? I see all sorts of scenarios playing out, depending greatly on what the new Super-Abyssal being born is like. If it's like Luciela, it'll most likely go on a wide conquering rampage. If it's partially-awakened, the new being could be child-like, veteran-like, or like a sister to Claire and the Ghosts. The Org's response should be nothing less than extreme to any scenario.

Where I ultimately see this going is Claire revealing her partially-awakened status to the Organization, much to Rubel's chagrin. After the initial battle royale, I expect the Organization may have a final showdown battle OR they'll start bringing in warriors in from the mainland, along with armies. Why do this? They need Claire, and warriors like her, very badly! Don't expect the Dragonkin & their allies to take this lying down. If Rubel informs them, you should expect that the mainland war will come directly onto the island itself.

Of course, that'd leave the Ghosts in the middle! But hey, crazier things have happened...the Abyss Feeders anyone or the giant revelations of chapters 79-82?

Here's a challenge to Shiek, Ryuken, MisterJB, Cammila, Clarakiss and everyone at the community: Tell me where you see the Island War going and if you disagree with me, speak up (even if you don't disagree with your master Shiek927)!

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
Old 2009-06-12, 23:02   Link #204
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
The Big Picture

Where do I see this going? I see all sorts of scenarios playing out, depending greatly on what the new Super-Abyssal being born is like. If it's like Luciela, it'll most likely go on a wide conquering rampage. If it's partially-awakened, the new being could be child-like, veteran-like, or like a sister to Claire and the Ghosts. The Org's response should be nothing less than extreme to any scenario.

Where I ultimately see this going is Claire revealing her partially-awakened status to the Organization, much to Rubel's chagrin. After the initial battle royale, I expect the Organization may have a final showdown battle OR they'll start bringing in warriors in from the mainland, along with armies. Why do this? They need Claire, and warriors like her, very badly! Don't expect the Dragonkin & their allies to take this lying down. If Rubel informs them, you should expect that the mainland war will come directly onto the island itself.

Of course, that'd leave the Ghosts in the middle! But hey, crazier things have happened...the Abyss Feeders anyone or the giant revelations of chapters 79-82?

Here's a challenge to Shiek, Ryuken, MisterJB, Cammila, Clarakiss and everyone at the community: Tell me where you see the Island War going and if you disagree with me, speak up (even if you don't disagree with your master Shiek927)!
Well, it's hard to predict the future - could anyone of predicted Raciella's existance or the arrival of the Feeders? It's never wise to predict what's happening too far down the line as Yagi likes to throw those curve-balls.

Nevertheless, Raciella's presence has clearly shaken everything up - everything rides on 2 things: Who does she stand with, and does she have a brain?

Will she have intellect of her own? Or will she be a big all-powerful baby like Miata? With Rafaela emptying her conciousness - her emotions, her life experiences, her memories, EVERYTHING into Claire, Raciella's mind is mostly coming from Luciella. will she join with Claire as she feels a connection to her because of Rafaela? Will her instincts of her past Awakened life reawaken? What happens to the fate of everyone on the island now depends on what happens when this thing hatches from it's egg and how it perceives the world around it.

These things however are very certain to me: Riful and Alicia's demise are coming. It was very shocking to me to discover Alicia had yet to fight Riful. With Rafaela awakened, Renee is utterly useless, and Riful will no doubt rocket back to her castle for Raciella, which could have very bad results. IF however Riful does meet with Alicia, Dauf is sure to lose his head, and Alicia is sure to die as well - She is one big walking failure, and not once has Riful ever allowed her true power to be measure. No doubt will Alicia die, and a weakened Riful will most likely die afterwards, either from Claire or Raciella.

Also, Claire, I truly believe, will reach AT LEAST borderline Abyssal level strength very soon. I've accepted the fact she has NOT gotten a physical increase in power through Rafaela, but her skills will no doubt serve her greatly enough to reach there. Claire's power has been rising faster and faster at an accelerating rate. Will she awaken in the near future? Very possible. I believe their has always been a 50/50 chance with her. If she meets Priscilla, those odds rise even faster. Claire has been preparing all her life to fight Priscilla, she has no reason to hold back whatsoever, perhaps even for Raki. When the time comes when awakens her full power, a force not seen since Teresa will arise. And if she gets Raciella under her control, Claire will become even stronger. Potentially, Claire's power is nigh-limitless, and with the amount of gifts she keeps recieving, from Irene's Arm, Flora's technique, to Rafaela's experiences, that just keeps getting higher.

One final note - The Claire/Raki/Priscilla meeting will happen very soon. Whether or not the map showing his location is accurate or not does not matter; Once this Raciella matter is dealt with, I'm sure the big meeting is the next thing to happen. And who knows, perhaps it occurs very soon, just because Yagi likes big disasters. Will Claire awaken? Will she fight Priscilla? Will Raki hold them back? The possibilities are endless and Yagi is sure to pick the craziest one.

And will Claire understand the road of self-destruction she is walking on? What is her grave mistake? Her selfish revenge? or something else? No one knows yet; but Claire is far from perfect. Whatever it is, Rafaela's chaotic memories are sure to point her in the right direction.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-06-13 at 00:00.
Old 2009-06-12, 23:52   Link #205
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Well, it's hard to predict the future - could anyone of predicted Raciella's existance or the arrival of the Feeders? It's never wise to predict what's happening too far down the line as Yagi likes to throw those curve-balls.

Nevertheless, Raciella's presence has clearly shaken everything up - everything rides on 2 things: Who does she stand with, and does she have a brain?

Will she have intellect of her own? Or will she be a big all-powerful baby like Miata? will she join with Claire as she feels a connection to her because of Rafaela? What happens to the fate of everyone on the island now depends on what happens when this thing hatches from it's egg.

These things however are very certain to me: Riful and Alicia's demise are coming. It was very shocking to me to discover Alicia had yet to fight Riful. With Rafaela awakened, Renee is utterly useless, and Riful will no doubt rocket back to her castle for Raciella, which could have very bad results. IF however Riful does meet with Alicia, Dauf is sure to lose his head, and Alicia is sure to die as well - She is one big walking failure, and not once has Riful ever allowed her true power to be measure. No doubt will Alicia die, and a weakened Riful will most likely die afterwards, either from Claire or Raciella.

Also, Claire, I truly believe, will reach AT LEAST borderline Abyssal level strength very soon. I've accepted the fact she has NOT gotten a physical increase in power through Rafaela, but her skills will no doubt serve her greatly enough to reach there. Claire's power has been rising faster and faster at an accelerating rate. Will she awaken in the near future? Very possible. I believe their has always been a 50/50 chance with her. If she meets Priscilla, those odds rise even faster. Claire has been preparing all her life to fight Priscilla, she has no reason to hold back whatsoever, perhaps even for Raki. When the time comes when awakens her full power, a force not seen since Teresa will arise. And if she gets Raciella under her control, Claire will become even stronger.

One final note - The Claire/Raki/Priscilla meeting will happen very soon. Whether or not the map showing his location is accurate or not does not matter; Once this Raciella matter is dealt with, I'm sure the big meeting is the next thing to happen. And who knows, perhaps it occurs very soon, just because Yagi likes big disasters. Will Claire awaken? Will she fight Priscilla? Will Raki hold them back? The possibilities are endless and Yagi is sure to pick the craziest one.

And will Claire understand the road of self-destruction she is walking on? What is her grave mistake? Her selfish revenge? or something else? No one knows yet; but Claire is far from perfect. Whatever it is, Rafaela's chaotic memories are sure to point her in the right direction.
Oh I don't know Shiek, I think predicting that the Dragonkin will eventually wind up on the island is a pretty good bet. Consider if you will the stupidity of talking about and even showing them from a distance if they're never seen or heard from again. Yagi has a consistent universe, and in it everything happens for a reason (this is NOT BLEACH!). The Dragonkin are going to make an appearance, and I would guess sometime after the Org finds out about Claire being partially awakened.

After all, Rubel did specifically tell Claire not to reveal that little secret. Besides, who wouldn't want to see a bad-ass bunch of beings like the ones Yagi drew in Chapter 80 pages 2-3? Don't tell me you don't want to see the Dragonkin! Yagi did the same thing with awakened beings...he showed a quick glimpse and then hinted at them for a while, and then bam! We got our first Awakened Being battle. I think the same will be true of Dragonkin...and we'll finally find out why the Org needs controllable awakened beings to attack them. They must be some real bad-asses!

With regards to Claire, I think her strength is similar, however I think that her potential, despite being half of Teresa's supposedly, is probably double or more of where Claire's abilities are now. Why? Because Teresa was wiping the floor with Priscilla having her yoki at 75% and Teresa having hers at 10%! I imagine that Yagi was hinting Teresa was an absolute monster that was probably as powerful as 4 Abyssal Ones fighting all out.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I predict, after all the dust settles, that Raciella is going to be stopped by Claire from becoming a total monster. Why? Because her being the new "Top Boss" as it were would distract from the real conflict...the Organization vs. the Rebels (AKA the Ghosts) vs. the Dragonkin/allies. This greater conflict needs to be addressed much more than yet another unbelievably strong awakened being issue.

Old 2009-06-13, 00:14   Link #206
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Oh I don't know Shiek, I think predicting that the Dragonkin will eventually wind up on the island is a pretty good bet. Consider if you will the stupidity of talking about and even showing them from a distance if they're never seen or heard from again. Yagi has a consistent universe, and in it everything happens for a reason (this is NOT BLEACH!). The Dragonkin are going to make an appearance, and I would guess sometime after the Org finds out about Claire being partially awakened.

If that's what you want to believe, fine. Frankly, I'm content with them never showing up at all. He had somewhat of a window of opportunity with the Demons, but he used what was already consistantly known, threw in a twist(operating with the flesh of the killed Awakened), and came out with something better.

What I like about Yagi is just that: he has a consistant universe, and because he has a consistant universe, he doesn't pull things out of his rear, EVER. EVERYTHING in Claymore is "seeded" long ahead of time so we can actually accurately predict what will happen next. Sure, it would have been nice for the Dragons to caught wind of this secret research facility, so they send in their secret spy\assassin(aka the Demon) that reduces the South to rubble. But he did something else, and frankly, as unbelievably and unfairly overpowered the AE's are, I like them better.

Quote:
With regards to Claire, I think her strength is similar, however I think that her potential, despite being half of Teresa's supposedly, is probably double or more of where Claire's abilities are now. Why? Because Teresa was wiping the floor with Priscilla having her yoki at 75% and Teresa having hers at 10%! I imagine that Yagi was hinting Teresa was an absolute monster that was probably as powerful as 4 Abyssal Ones fighting all out.
I agree - Teresa's full power was over a Super-Abyssal(Priscilla), one who has strength equal to 2 Abyssal Ones. So, as crazy as it first seems, Your analysis of Teresa's full power being equal to 3 or 4 Abyssal Ones, is accurate.

And even with only 1/4 of her inside Claire, she still has all those other things going for her. It's as I said, Claire's natural strength may reach Abyssal-level quite soon, but her potential level has always been astronomical. If she ever fully-awakened, no-one would be able to stop her, no-one.

While I don't agree as much with the Dragon-kins coming, I also agree that Raciella will not become a new Abyssal One. The manga is moving past that stage into a new one very quickly - The time of the Abyssal Ones is over, I doubt Raciella will escape and set up shop as the new Abyssal one of the South or North. She is most likely to come out a big baby and reach out to Claire because of Rafaela.

It's not that I don't want to see the Dragon-Kin, but I'd rather have all these loose-ends at least tied up first(Claire and Priscilla's confrontation for one).
Old 2009-06-13, 00:25   Link #207
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
If that's what you want to believe, fine. Frankly, I'm content with them never showing up at all. He had somewhat of a window of opportunity with the Demons, but he used what was already consistantly known, threw in a twist(operating with the flesh of the killed Awakened), and came out with something better.

What I like about Yagi is just that: he has a consistant universe, and because he has a consistant universe, he doesn't pull things out of his rear, EVER. EVERYTHING in Claymore is "seeded" long ahead of time so we can actually accurately predict what will happen next. Sure, it would have been nice for the Dragons to caught wind of this secret research facility, so they send in their secret spy\assassin(aka the Demon) that reduces the South to rubble. But he did something else, and frankly, as unbelievably and unfairly overpowered the AE's are, I like them better.

I agree - Teresa's full power was over a Super-Abyssal(Priscilla), one who has strength equal to 2 Abyssal Ones. So, as crazy as it first seems, Your analysis of Teresa's full power being equal to 3 or 4 Abyssal Ones, is accurate.

And even with only 1/4 of her inside Claire, she still has all those other things going for her. It's as I said, Claire's natural strength may reach Abyssal-level quite soon, but her potential level has always been astronomical. If she ever fully-awakened, no-one would be able to stop her, no-one.

While I don't agree as much with the Dragon-kins coming, I also agree that Raciella will not become a new Abyssal One. The manga is moving past that stage into a new one very quickly - The time of the Abyssal Ones is over, I doubt Raciella will escape and set up shop as the new Abyssal one of the South or North. She is most likely to come out a big baby and reach out to Claire because of Rafaela.

It's not that I don't want to see the Dragon-Kin, but I'd rather have all these loose-ends at least tied up first(Claire and Priscilla's confrontation for one).
Well considering you did say that would happen soon, then what? Are we going to lapse into a predictable confrontation with the remaining Organization after one of the twins (or both) dies (or even if they don't)? Everyone keeps saying predicting Yagi is difficult, so wouldn't a straightforward fight between the two sides at this point be the "predictable thing"?

Right now he's proving his unpredictable bona fides. Before this chapter whether there would even be a "Raciella" was up in the air, as was the nature of Claire's interaction with the merged being.

I think introducing the Dragonkin/allies will add a very large measure of uncertainty to the storyline. After all, if they come with an army, what the hell do the Rebels do? What does the Organization do? My prediction is that Rubel's employers are not going to be so hands-off in their approach once the Organization finds out their "goddess"/holy grail warrior is on the island. If I were the Organization, I'd send every reserve to acquire Claire & the rest of the Fab 4 that I could.

Knowing that, I cannot imagine the Dragonkin/allies are going to let the war's progress for them reverse. Their solution? Kill the "goddess", Claire. You have to admit, that makes for one badass conflict. The "Ghosts"/Rebels up against it in Rabona, besieged by the Organization (or attacked), then having the Dragonkin go in to kill them. That sounds VERY YAGI-like!

Old 2009-06-13, 01:44   Link #208
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Well considering you did say that would happen soon, then what? Are we going to lapse into a predictable confrontation with the remaining Organization after one of the twins (or both) dies (or even if they don't)? Everyone keeps saying predicting Yagi is difficult, so wouldn't a straightforward fight between the two sides at this point be the "predictable thing"?

Right now he's proving his unpredictable bona fides. Before this chapter whether there would even be a "Raciella" was up in the air, as was the nature of Claire's interaction with the merged being.

I think introducing the Dragonkin/allies will add a very large measure of uncertainty to the storyline. After all, if they come with an army, what the hell do the Rebels do? What does the Organization do? My prediction is that Rubel's employers are not going to be so hands-off in their approach once the Organization finds out their "goddess"/holy grail warrior is on the island. If I were the Organization, I'd send every reserve to acquire Claire & the rest of the Fab 4 that I could.

Knowing that, I cannot imagine the Dragonkin/allies are going to let the war's progress for them reverse. Their solution? Kill the "goddess", Claire. You have to admit, that makes for one badass conflict. The "Ghosts"/Rebels up against it in Rabona, besieged by the Organization (or attacked), then having the Dragonkin go in to kill them. That sounds VERY YAGI-like!
That does sound very cool: But what would the Organization use for an army until the Dragonkin show up? I always believed the filler generation would eventually show signs of rebellion, every Claymore warrior would. Miria's plan probably involves getting as many as possible to join her with the ultimate weapon: The truth.

The Organization are killing themselves from the inside out at an accelerating rate. Covering up lies with more lies only creates bigger "inconsistancy holes" to fill. Even the weak smug fillers must have alot of questions, and I doubt they're all unquestionably loyal like Dietrich.
Old 2009-06-13, 01:51   Link #209
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
That does sound very cool: But what would the Organization use for an army until the Dragonkin show up? I always believed the filler generation would eventually show signs of rebellion, every Claymore warrior would. Miria's plan probably involves getting as many as possible to join her with the ultimate weapon: The truth.

The Organization are killing themselves from the inside out at an accelerating rate. Covering up lies with more lies only creates bigger "inconsistancy holes" to fill. Even the weak smug fillers must have alot of questions, and I doubt they're all unquestionably loyal like Dietrich.
On the predicting who will "turn" front, I fully expect the current "Miss Sweetheart Warrior of the Year", Cynthia, to convert Renee to their cause. She, Renee and Yuma will be having a "heart to heart" discussion I have a feeling once the crisis blows over, and perhaps even during it!

How about anyone else seeing this? What are the chances that Renee turns against the Organization and joins the Ghosts? It'd make their third conversion yet, and a vitally important one, as Renee was a respected single-digit warrior. Sometimes all you need are examples in order to get people to follow...

Ultimately, how many warriors do you think will turn against the Org? I'm predicting at least two of the single digits, possibly three.

Old 2009-06-13, 01:58   Link #210
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
On the predicting who will "turn" front, I fully expect the current "Miss Sweetheart Warrior of the Year", Cynthia, to convert Renee to their cause. She, Renee and Yuma will be having a "heart to heart" discussion I have a feeling once the crisis blows over, and perhaps even during it!

How about anyone else seeing this? What are the chances that Renee turns against the Organization and joins the Ghosts? It'd make their third conversion yet, and a vitally important one, as Renee was a respected single-digit warrior. Sometimes all you need are examples in order to get people to follow...

Ultimately, how many warriors do you think will turn against the Org? I'm predicting at least two of the single digits, possibly three.
Well, Clarice and Miata already joined them more or less, so that's already a huge loss for them(a potential No.1). They've already had contact with single-digit warriors, so it's possible they may feel they owe debt to them for saving their hides. As for Renee, she may join them as well; Raki and Priscilla may actually have alot to do with it.

One thing is for sure: Alicia, the golden girl the Organization put so much effort into and only care for(which is why the filler generation even exists), may actually end up being the only good warrior they have....and I already predicted she would die soon at Riful's hands.

In other words.....they aren't looking too hot right now XD

Last edited by Shiek927; 2009-06-13 at 02:25.
Old 2009-06-13, 11:11   Link #211
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Well, Clarice and Miata already joined them more or less, so that's already a huge loss for them(a potential No.1). They've already had contact with single-digit warriors, so it's possible they may feel they owe debt to them for saving their hides. As for Renee, she may join them as well; Raki and Priscilla may actually have alot to do with it.

One thing is for sure: Alicia, the golden girl the Organization put so much effort into and only care for(which is why the filler generation even exists), may actually end up being the only good warrior they have....and I already predicted she would die soon at Riful's hands.

In other words.....they aren't looking too hot right now XD
No I don't think they're looking too hot either. As regards to who slays Alicia, my prediction is it'll be Claire partially awakening all four limbs, and perhaps...(crosses fingers)...a full body (nee head) awakening that grabs the Org's attention because Beth sees it and survives to flee back to the Org.

At least that's how I think they're going to find out about the partially awakened status. I think personally Claire will be forced far beyond her limits in order to slay someone, and that the Organization will be the ones to notice.

Perhaps then Rubel's employers will have to employ their "back-up plans", namely deploying our favorite yet-to-be-seen by our characters group we've all been clamoring for, the Dragonkin!

Seriously, I'm predicting that a single Dragonkin is somewhere around Agatha's level, with the leaders around Abyssal or perhaps even Super-Abyssal level. But if they can't match the greatest awakened beings in strength, they sure as hell can beat them in numbers.

Old 2009-06-13, 12:13   Link #212
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
No I don't think they're looking too hot either. As regards to who slays Alicia, my prediction is it'll be Claire partially awakening all four limbs, and perhaps...(crosses fingers)...a full body (nee head) awakening that grabs the Org's attention because Beth sees it and survives to flee back to the Org.

At least that's how I think they're going to find out about the partially awakened status. I think personally Claire will be forced far beyond her limits in order to slay someone, and that the Organization will be the ones to notice.

Perhaps then Rubel's employers will have to employ their "back-up plans", namely deploying our favorite yet-to-be-seen by our characters group we've all been clamoring for, the Dragonkin!

Seriously, I'm predicting that a single Dragonkin is somewhere around Agatha's level, with the leaders around Abyssal or perhaps even Super-Abyssal level. But if they can't match the greatest awakened beings in strength, they sure as hell can beat them in numbers.
Well, It's hard to predict how strong an average Dragonkin is. However, keep in mind, Dragonkin are just the superweapons of the faction the Organization are fighting; The Dragonkin are not their own faction. The majority of the enemies that are being fought are human warriors - it's the Dragonkin at the "heart of enemy forces" that's truly dangerous.

That said, I also believe an average Dragonkin is as strong as a above-average Awakened Being - Rigardo, Agatha etc.
Old 2009-06-13, 17:33   Link #213
Sordes Pilosus
Claymore Addict

ravan5 Its been a while. Ive recently come to a conclusion that may answer some of the questions in the series. The Question itself is Rabona, there are probably many who wonders. Why would the Org tolerate a city blocking them out in their own laboritory, why has it not been pluaged as much as towns by Youma or Awakends before. The answer to that came to me the other day. The need a Big Source of humans available and safe.

Look at it this way. The circle of events are: Org Creates Youma, Youma attacks village and villagers die. Org sends Claymores to cleanup, New humans settle in the region after its been safe for a while, Repeat from first step.

The prinsiple is that since Rabona is located very central in the lands, its possible for people from there to help inhabitate almost any part of the island should things get a little out of hand. And with the top 3 digits located in the area its rather safe from Youma or Awakends in general since the Org keeps it "pure" for their own reasons. This also means, the Org will be very reluctant to wipe out Rabona just to get to the Ghosts. Which should give the Ghosts atlest some advantage should the Org come hunting for them activly.
Old 2009-06-13, 22:52   Link #214
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordes Pilosus View Post
ravan5 Its been a while. Ive recently come to a conclusion that may answer some of the questions in the series. The Question itself is Rabona, there are probably many who wonders. Why would the Org tolerate a city blocking them out in their own laboritory, why has it not been pluaged as much as towns by Youma or Awakends before. The answer to that came to me the other day. The need a Big Source of humans available and safe.

Look at it this way. The circle of events are: Org Creates Youma, Youma attacks village and villagers die. Org sends Claymores to cleanup, New humans settle in the region after its been safe for a while, Repeat from first step.

The prinsiple is that since Rabona is located very central in the lands, its possible for people from there to help inhabitate almost any part of the island should things get a little out of hand. And with the top 3 digits located in the area its rather safe from Youma or Awakends in general since the Org keeps it "pure" for their own reasons. This also means, the Org will be very reluctant to wipe out Rabona just to get to the Ghosts. Which should give the Ghosts at least some advantage should the Org come hunting for them actively.
That does sound like a good theory. After all, one does wonder just how people could keep the population from declining when the birth rate can't possibly keep up with a yoma wiping out 1-5 people a week in a small town. Of course, they could be more conservative and wipe out 1-5 per month, but even then the mathematics don't work out well once you get multiple yoma in a town. My guess is that the Org needs the claymores in order to keep their supply of humans for the experiment intact, and they need the yoma to keep those experiments going. So it's a two-for-the-price-of-one sort of deal.

My big interest in Rabona is what happens once Dietrich reveals to the Org the existence of the Rebels alongside Galatea? Do they send every top fighter they have after them in Rabona (namely Audrey, Rachel, Dietrich and Nina(# 3, 5, 8, & 9))? Or do they use Abyss Feeders and risk ruining their supply of fresh humans to draw the Ghosts out into a more "even" fight?

They can't possibly call in the twins, since those two are dealing with far more serious issues that cannot be ignored, no matter how much they'd like to take out the rebels/Galatea. Then of course there is the issue of figuring out what happened to Miata/Clarice. My guess is that they'll organize a strike team ASAP with the members I mentioned, plus perhaps more fighters. Though I rather doubt Galatea will let herself be taken off-guard. Even if they sent in the Abyss Feeders, they'd have advance knowledge by the screams.

I'm predicting that within five chapters the Org will know about the Rebels in at least some detail, including the fighting abilities of Helen/Deneve, and the fact that Dietrich stood no chance against Miria. I mean honestly, she barely even had time to grab her sword, much less pull it out!

What about you Sordes Pilosus & Shiek927? Does the Org order a strike immediately, or do they wait for more fighters? Do Miria/Tabitha stay in Rabona, and more importantly, do Galatea/Miata/Clarice?

Old 2009-06-14, 06:30   Link #215
haegar
mangaviking

I like that notion of the org preserving rabona for purposes of keeping the population at required levels a lot. makes perfect sense from their point of view.

also agree that they will find out about the ghost sooner then later.

I would think though, that the Org has no problem whatsoever with sending whoever and whatever is required to do the job to Rabona, no matter what might happen to the human population. They do risk loosing a strategic asset that way, but, with the ghosts resistance their whole island scheme is threatened which they simply cannot ignore and must take action against.

Also, it would make sense for the organisation to assume that the ghost themselves will leave the city, taking the fight away from it in order to protect the humans, which would be in the orgs interest. They surely know that people like miria and claire have moral standards, they would not hesitate to use that knowledge to their advantage.

So I think apart from A/B, if those two survive the next chapters, the abyss feaders are indeed a real posibility for the hunt for the ghosts, esp for leaders like miria or strong ones like claire. Then again, by using the abyss feaders the org would let go of any chance to study these interesting half awakend ghosts alive - but I guess once they realize their "normal" claymores are not really a match for the ghost they might revert back to brute force anyway
Old 2009-06-14, 09:33   Link #216
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:

The Org is going to fight all-out, with an attack on Rabona to drag the Ghosts' out to fight the Abyss Feeders. How the hell does that happen? Getting the Abyss Feeders conditioned to seek out human meat. In the meantime, I predict they will lose at least one of their Abyssal-level claymores (most likely Alicia).
That doesn't work that way. If the Org gave human flesh to the AFs, that doesn't mean they would start attacking every single human.

For example, the gave flesh of Isley to them and they targeted Isley, who is an AB. Even so, Dietrich said that the Org still needed the flesh of Riful to make the AFs attack her.

If the Org wants the Ghosts to figth the AFs, what they should do is recover the leg of Yuma that Clare chopped off.
Old 2009-06-14, 10:15   Link #217
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
That doesn't work that way. If the Org gave human flesh to the AFs, that doesn't mean they would start attacking every single human.

For example, the gave flesh of Isley to them and they targeted Isley, who is an AB. Even so, Dietrich said that the Org still needed the flesh of Riful to make the AFs attack her.

If the Org wants the Ghosts to figth the AFs, what they should do is recover the leg of Yuma that Clare chopped off.
Well that is true that they COULD use Yuma's leg. But that would mean they could find it before it decomposed or was eaten by something. I think, given the fact that Yuma is a normal claymore, that they wouldn't risk it as much. Think about it...her scent is undoubtedly similar to that of their own troops. There is a significant chance it would backfire on them...

Wait a minute...(remembers Rubel's speech about wanting the Organization's experiment to backfire and destroy them)...maybe that's what will happen in order to tear the Organization apart.

With regards to humans...are you so sure that the scents will be different enough to avoid AFs killing every human they come upon if conditioned to eat human meat? It is unlikely whoever lost their limb would survive in this era you know. What makes you so certain AFs would ONLY go after a particular human?

Wait, I got it. The Org could cut somebody apart, and then lay a secret scent trail into Rabona. Then unleash the AFs, and watch them tear the town apart as everyone ran to avoid their wrath, thus triggering the town's destruction.

Old 2009-06-14, 10:31   Link #218
MisterJB
Warden of the West

well, dogs can distinguish people pretty well by the smell. AFs should be able too
Old 2009-06-14, 18:46   Link #219
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Quote:
well, dogs can distinguish people pretty well by the smell. AFs should be able too
Well, that's an interesting analogy. Reminds me of Miata, it does. Why? I believe Miata is not the product of an ordinary surgery. Her ability to find Galatea also reminds me of the Abyss Feeders. Instead of a normal surgery, I believe they took the deceased remains of an Abyss Feeder and implanted it in Miata. That would explain her instability, but also her "sixth sense". Unwittingly, the Ghosts have turned the Organization's newest experiment against it.

Ha! So that must be it. The Abyss Feeders ARE NOT the end of the line. Hybrid claymores like Miata must be what they're working on right now. They're using Miata as a model weapon...You have to admit, she is better at fighting than AFs...can actually converse with people, doesn't have an innate hunger we know of. If she has the potential to surpass Alicia, then being implanted by Abyss Feeder flesh would help explain her immense potential.

So if the Ghosts have her fight against the Organization and they win, Rubel's words will literally come true.

Old 2009-06-14, 19:11   Link #220
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
No offense but i don't think we can make this follow linear laws. 2 AOs = 1 Priscilla . That's not the truth imo. IMO a mentally sane and motivated priscilla could probably fight hundreds of AOs simultaneously and beat them all because she simply is in a different league in everything, yoki, strength and speed. The AOs would wipe them selfs out trying to hit her because prisy would be to fast for them and even if she has only 5 times the yoki of an AO she would use it more efficiently. It would probably like in the Zatoichi fighting scenes Perhaps after she destroyed half of the island and killed the number 200 she would die of exhaustion but i think you know what i want to say. It would be like riful fighting normal ABs. The fusion from raciella is the same thing. IMO here the whole thing will probably be more than the sum of its parts too.
I know this sounds crazy, but think about it. I don't want to think about what teresa really would be capable of. Theresa probably feared only one thing - herself.
To back this up we have seen how priscilla obliterated half of isley's body in a matter of seconds.

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2009-06-14 at 19:27.
Closed Thread