1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-01-01, 21:33   Link #121
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
As far as the seriousness of this gig goes, well, I endured Macross 7. This is nothing.
Ditto on this.

Will there be a mid-air rescue in a Valkyrie in the next couple of episodes? Personally, it won't really feel like a Macross series without one. Macross Frontier managed to get one in. It's one of those peculiar things in a check list for a Macross series.
Old 2016-01-01, 21:35   Link #122
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
The songs are good. But they can't beat Sheryl Nome's songs. ^^
Did I mention I touched May'n? Twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Will there be a mid-air rescue in a Valkyrie in the next couple of episodes?
There was a mid-air forklift rescue

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2016-01-01 at 23:52.
Old 2016-01-01, 22:46   Link #123
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Okay, well. That was just Itano Circus, LISTEN TO MY SONG, AKB, Kawamori-style demented JENIUS, and Deculture enough to get me chuckling. Definitely interested, will surely be looking forward to this come Spring.
Old 2016-01-01, 23:06   Link #124
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

That was super hype. Fantastic songs, nice new style of visuals, a pretty epic voice cast (Touyama Nao AND Asami Seto? Damn.), and the same old epic battle scenes. I'm not even a real fan of mecha, but these shows mix it with amazing music so well.

My only complaint is that I now have to wait until Spring to actually watch it. Let's hope those songs from this preview EP are released before that.
Old 2016-01-02, 01:07   Link #125
Maverick05

Great episode. Giving it a 9 of 10.
Great points:

1) Music and animation is great.
2) VF-31 looks nice and most likely I will buy the 1/72 model. About the Draken III, that VTOL is an overkill.

Only complains:

1) I will miss the rifle in the VF-31, but those twin sub machine guns are really sweet!!

2) I might be wrong, but the vf-17/171 will break the new record of the longest running cannon fodder. Introduced in 2035 and still loosing in 2067. I was hoping to see some brown vf-19/22 in Frontier, and now I was expecting at least vf-25.

Overall, 2016 will be a fun ride for mecha fans for the next 9 month with Gundam, Muv Luv, and Macross showing up one after the other.
Old 2016-01-02, 03:16   Link #126
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That one? That "package combining" is nothing. You saw that in Gundams all the time (00 Raiser, Impulse Gundam & Strike Gundam comes to mind). I thought you meant a real super-robot gattai sequences.

And my point still stands. Basara & Fire Bomber didn't undergo any pretty mahou-shoujo transformation before a fight, and that's a plus in my book.

That's what I'm talking about .

Huh? i thought the power of rock is ageless
Old 2016-01-02, 04:03   Link #127
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

- Tak
REALLY!? WHEN?

And how?
Old 2016-01-02, 05:18   Link #128
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
What makes you think the idols aren't equipped with armor and defense. Their idol suits are mereley holograms? This episode pretty much gives the impression they have trained for this.
Admittedly it's kind of weird to see the idol unit running around with super advanced defenses that can tank heavy artillery fire, while all the NUNS mooks are getting one shotted left and right. I wonder what all the widows think about NUNS being too cheap to outfit their spouses mecha with any of those fancy schmancy hyper compact super shields?
Old 2016-01-02, 05:35   Link #129
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Take a look at the scene again. She knows it's jamming right away.

I don't think so. Knowing they're getting jammed, they would immediately stop chasing. It's almost common sense. But even though she had like three seconds (which is a lot of time for a pilot) to decide her course of action, she just keeps chasing after it. Heck, even after noting that the enemy is splitting up she still does nothing. It's a huge error of judgement or her reaction time is really slow.
Nah she REALISED right away it's jamming, but not fast enough to react. Was it mistake? Yes it was. Was it mistake even pro would do? Definitely. And being able instantly recover is something far more indicative of her skills.

If Mirage were to shown prone to mistakes from now, it would be indeed disappointing, but this mistake get free pass due circumstances.
Old 2016-01-02, 05:47   Link #130
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nah she REALISED right away it's jamming, but not fast enough to react. Was it mistake? Yes it was. Was it mistake even pro would do? Definitely.
Three seconds after she "realized" that she was being jammed is plenty of time for a pilot to react. What she did wasn't a mistake a pro would do (provided it was a mistake at all and not just slow reaction time, which would be worse).

Quote:
And being able instantly recover is something far more indicative of her skills.
She was hit by the enemy, then saved by Chuck, and only after that her reaction finally started to catch up to the situation. That's not "instantly" at all. That's actually pretty slow and it would be just plain weird if she didn't react by then.

Anyway, for me it's awfully clear they're hinting that she's underperforming in comparison to her teammates. But let's wait and see.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-01-02 at 05:59.
Old 2016-01-02, 06:01   Link #131
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Okay, well. That was just Itano Circus, LISTEN TO MY SONG, AKB, Kawamori-style demented JENIUS, and Deculture enough to get me chuckling. Definitely interested, will surely be looking forward to this come Spring.
Healing people hit by RAEG plague is a nice twist on the trope that usually see the infectees being offed.
Old 2016-01-02, 06:04   Link #132
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Three seconds after she "realized" that she was being jammed is plenty of time for a pilot to react. What she did wasn't a mistake a pro would do (provided it was a mistake at all and not just slow reaction time, which would be worse).
What exactly would she do in the situation knowing there's jamming of that nature though? She only saw that there's suddenly three Drakens in front of her moving in formation, which isn't really anything that lends itself to doing anything hasty without information since she wouldn't know if the illusion was simply a side-effect of the jamming or something else, and only when the attack drones deployed did she realize what was actually happening.

Quote:
She was hit by the enemy, then saved by Chuck, and only after that her reaction finally started to catch up to the situation. That's not "instantly" at all. That's actually pretty slow and it would be just plain weird if she didn't react by then.
She was hit yes, but the very fact that she didn't go down in a flaming ball of wreckage, and was even able to recover to nab her own kill pretty much implies that she's fast enough to limit the damage shot at her (not even energy-conversion armored VF's are immune to beams afterall), and still have enough situational awareness to track a drone and kill it.

Quote:
Anyway, for me it's awfully clear they're hinting that she's underperforming in comparison to her teammates. But let's wait and see.
This much is clear actually yes: compared to the rest of Delta Squadron, Mirage seems to be a bit underperforming. However, it seems like some people exaggerate the matter and make her look like an average redshirt pilot.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2016-01-02, 07:03   Link #133
magnuskn

Alright, just saw it (new year was busy). The story is good, the action is good. The animation (or probably better said the style they used) .... uh, I think my fears that it is inferior to Frontier have been realized. Frontier was waaaaaaaay better.

The music is pretty dreadful so far, no comparison to what we got in Frontier.

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to it. I hope we get some cameos from the Frontier crew, although it is pretty unlikely. Or maybe even Max and Milia? That would be awesome.
Old 2016-01-02, 07:22   Link #134
ReddyRedWolf

Well I have theory Hayate is from Frontier as the Vajra homeworld is probably one of the few places to get Fold Quartz. He has one as a pendant.

In his profile he has been wandering the galaxy.
Old 2016-01-02, 07:33   Link #135
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak

- Tak
REALLY!? WHEN?

And how?
Isn't the much more important question "where?"
Old 2016-01-02, 07:33   Link #136
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
What exactly would she do in the situation knowing there's jamming of that nature though? She only saw that there's suddenly three Drakens in front of her moving in formation, which isn't really anything that lends itself to doing anything hasty without information since she wouldn't know if the illusion was simply a side-effect of the jamming or something else, and only when the attack drones deployed did she realize what was actually happening.
Since she's aware that she's being jammed, she also should know that not all the targets are real. What to do then? Break away and reassess the situation. You can't stay behind a target you're not sure is real. That's just setting your self to be shot down.

If she wasn't aware of the jamming, her slow reaction would be more understandable. That's not the case though. She's got from two to three seconds from the moment she realizes there's jamming going on till the enemy actually starts attacking her. Plenty of time to make a move.

But she was also slow in her "dance" moves so perhaps her reaction time is just slow in general.

Quote:
She was hit yes, but the very fact that she didn't go down in a flaming ball of wreckage, and was even able to recover to nab her own kill pretty much implies that she's fast enough to limit the damage shot at her (not even energy-conversion armored VF's are immune to beams afterall), and still have enough situational awareness to track a drone and kill it.
She managed to avoid getting shot down because Chuck's warning snapped her out of it. And Chuck also shot down the ghost that was after her, which is what gave her time to recover.

Quote:
This much is clear actually yes: compared to the rest of Delta Squadron, Mirage seems to be a bit underperforming. However, it seems like some people exaggerate the matter and make her look like an average redshirt pilot.
If she's in this team, which looks like an elite team of sorts, she can't be that bad. Problem is, her enemies are all elite too, and she might not be good enough to face them properly.

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. It depends on what they have in store for her character. Maybe she can improve. Or maybe her true calling is something else (singing?). We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-01-02 at 11:37.
Old 2016-01-02, 07:36   Link #137
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well I have theory Hayate is from Frontier as the Vajra homeworld is probably one of the few places to get Fold Quartz. He has one as a pendant.

In his profile he has been wandering the galaxy.
See, that would be awesome. Maybe he's a cousin of Alto, with the ennui and the blue hair. Probably had to leave the fleet because he took notice that he could never be as fabulous as Alto.
Old 2016-01-02, 08:31   Link #138
Hmm....

I think we are expecting too much from Mirage. Being a Jenius doesn't mean she is an instant ace. Her other sisters, Mylene for example, doesn't seem to be that good of a pilot either, or is she ?

In a way, it is kinda amusing to see how pressured she should be. Not only from her family and people around her. Even audiences have very high expectation from her.
Old 2016-01-02, 09:26   Link #139
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
See, that would be awesome. Maybe he's a cousin of Alto, with the ennui and the blue hair. Probably had to leave the fleet because he took notice that he could never be as fabulous as Alto.
Don't forget the girly looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I think we are expecting too much from Mirage. Being a Jenius doesn't mean she is an instant ace. Her other sisters, Mylene for example, doesn't seem to be that good of a pilot either, or is she ?

In a way, it is kinda amusing to see how pressured she should be. Not only from her family and people around her. Even audiences have very high expectation from her.
Mylene is good fighter pilot facing Varauta VFs riding her Mom's precious VF-1J, which is probably her retirement gift from UN Spacy.(Space War 1 vets like the Monster crew get to keep their vintage Destroid) Thing is her role is to sing not fight that puts a bit of a handicap on her.

Even Emilia is an ace level pilot in her Rock Off with Basara.

Maria Fokina Barnrose who is allegedly Therese Jenius in Macross VF-X2 is an ace. Though Maria Fokina Barnrose doesn't have purple hair like in the family pictures make me think with the green hair she is Komilia Maria Fallyna Jenius.

Old 2016-01-02, 09:59   Link #140
tsunade666

uwaaaaaaa I was late. I didn't even know or remember that there would be a pre-airing one. I'll be back after watching it.