AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-09-17, 21:17   Link #21
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This chapter touched my feels. It's been long since I didn't feel like that when reading this manga. I really liked Naruto's comment about regrets while remembering all the deaths. I guess I could relate to that. I was quite confused about Sasuke's role but really looks like he is really in Naruto's side.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2013-09-17 at 21:39.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 21:31   Link #22
The Green One

I'll believe a character is dead and gone after they're in the ground and had a funeral and not a moment before.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 22:12   Link #23
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I'll believe a character is dead and gone after they're in the ground and had a funeral and not a moment before.
that still doesn't prevent them from being resurrected which is the biggest problem in the naruto story imho. when the finality and emotions that come with death are taken away, then a story in which people are put in constant peril and some die has no suspense or foundation. literally anything can happen which was the downfall of bleach and has been the downfall of naruto. even in a mystical world there needs to be a set of rules to give readers a foundation for certain expectations. death is an easy one to use, but take that basic one away and you're screwed. at least in dragon ball there was always a foundation that the dragon balls made wishes possible and could bring the dead back. in naruto it was random (but isolated and tolerable) with orochimaru, blatantly easy with nagato and simply overdone and horrible with kabuto. if it's done again then i'll probably end up not even liking this series at all by the time it's over

it's similar to the show LOST. i really loved it, but then when all the meaning of everyone's plights was taken away and life and death were made inconsequential, i stopped caring and now hate the show and will never rewatch it. it's too bad, but naruto is careening down the same path if it's not already too late
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 07:06   Link #24
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
They have a purpose, that's why they live. Do you think Kishi will let this unprecedented mass murder stay like this?
Yeah, exactly. Remember that half the ninja world (40k) had already been killed the first night of the war, before the Zetsu transformations.

So by now, given everything that's happened, there can't be more than a few thousand or maybe even just a few hundred left.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 01:06   Link #25
Apollian

Because of Susanoo being based on emotions I wonder if Sasuke's version could be effected with good emotions? I was doubting this because it's already hit it's final form.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 09:56   Link #26
theshow_luffy

I want to see that last page in color
theshow_luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 12:54   Link #27
DoubtGin

last ten chapter or so have basically been the same
DoubtGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 21:06   Link #28
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

What did Sasuke cut with Susanoo?

Anyway the cycle of Naruto gaining hope->Losing it is getting overdone a bit too much now. Just move on already Kishi.
Old 2013-09-21, 00:45   Link #29
HasuMasu
*Artist

It was a root, or a branch.
Old 2013-09-22, 01:32   Link #30
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Somebody should just special-beam-cannon the moon... And it'll be all over for the bad guys.
Also am I the only one who thinks Kishimoto is rushing things towards the end?

Naruto wanted to become greater then the previous Hokage.
1# All the kages have seen Naruto fight (they all will assemble once again soon)
2# All the previous Hokage have gathered. (They constantly talk about how Naruto is or might surpass Hashirama)
3# Hashirama this chapter tries to boost everyones morale and fails but Naruto succeeds.
4# Sasuke has become background and is disappointed how much Naruto has grown compared to himself
5# It doesnt look like there is going to be another villain so all the last two bad guys are there (Obito and Madara)

Everyone will eventually fall for Naruto's friendzone or the ZzZasuke-Zone. It'll be disappoiting if Naruto has convinced Madara who will unleash the rinne tensei to revive everyone in the war.

So eventually Naruto will jump from genin to hokage. No Naruto sensei..
Which is actually disappointing
Old 2013-09-22, 01:58   Link #31
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
4# Sasuke has become background and is disappointed how much Naruto has grown compared to himself
this is the most surprising thing to me. i'm sure sasuke will do something against IT, but up until right now, i'm flabbergasted at how lame he is

Quote:
So eventually Naruto will jump from genin to hokage. No Naruto sensei..
Which is actually disappointing
at this point hokage level means nothing anymore. he's at infinite god level. i too would have much prefered a more normal story where achieving hokage level was difficult and naruto had to spend time as a jounin and sensei for a while. instead kishi chose to have him defeat nagato which is pre-god-level stuff and now it's just craziness.
Old 2013-09-22, 10:40   Link #32
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
this is the most surprising thing to me. i'm sure sasuke will do something against IT, but up until right now, i'm flabbergasted at how lame he is
well we just have to wait for it
sure enough sasuke has been Vegeta'd (or maybe he always was) but at the very least that means he has few heroic moments on the way...
But i would rather he go one on one with Madara...after chiyos speech about uchiha and itachi letting sasuke defeat him, i interested in seeing a true uchiha vs uchiha matchup. especially sense sasuke is knowledgable of edo tensei seal, izanagi, and izanami (yeah i know, the latter two turn your stomach
Old 2013-09-22, 11:16   Link #33
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
(yeah i know, the latter two turn your stomach
actually all 3 do i would like to see sasuke do something important though, so whether it's IT or madara or both, it would be good to see. since gaining EMS he still has taken a backseat to both itachi and naruto and it doesn't really work for me
Old 2013-09-22, 11:18   Link #34
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

No one dies in Naurto.
Old 2013-09-22, 12:21   Link #35
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
No one dies in Naurto.
well, if you don't count jiraiya, itachi, nagato, konan, kisame, deidara, sasori, chiyo, hiruzen, sound 5, asuma, kakuzu, zabuza, haku, shikaku, inoichi, ao, rin, minato, kushina, phew i'm tired of naming people, but yea, if you don't count them and some others i guess you're right
Old 2013-09-22, 15:57   Link #36
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
well, if you don't count jiraiya, itachi, nagato, konan, kisame, deidara, sasori, chiyo, hiruzen, sound 5, asuma, kakuzu, zabuza, haku, shikaku, inoichi, ao, rin, minato, kushina, phew i'm tired of naming people, but yea, if you don't count them and some others i guess you're right
Well the problem with death in this manga is it make the so call saying that the future generation is better then the past is weak. Because Naruto would had died so many time without dead people coming back to life to save him. Like itach 2 time, 5 Kages yeah it weaken the story.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 16:33   Link #37
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskylemur25 View Post
Well the problem with death in this manga is it make the so call saying that the future generation is better then the past is weak. Because Naruto would had died so many time without dead people coming back to life to save him. Like itach 2 time, 5 Kages yeah it weaken the story.
i wasn't saying that death wasn't meaningless in naruto. or that the old gen now outshines the new gens. i was just saying that people do die
Old 2013-09-22, 23:11   Link #38
BlueCosmos

Yah naruto was saved by many people, but remember the situation before you speak. It's not like he's saved because he's weak. He's as of late been fighting on several battle fields at once, sharing shakra with everyone. It's not all black and white
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 03:09   Link #39
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosmos View Post
Yah naruto was saved by many people, but remember the situation before you speak. It's not like he's saved because he's weak. He's as of late been fighting on several battle fields at once, sharing shakra with everyone. It's not all black and white
In the end it is going to be black & white.
The indirect message is already given... you become Hokage if everyone has acknowlegded you. You need others, help eachother, love is good bla bla.

It was clear that Sasuke's path would only seem good for a short while.
But now the friendzone has completly overwhelmed the avenger Sasuke.
Before it was behold my hatred, which seems in the end infinitly small compared to the devil. Since it took only a bedtime story from Hashirama to completly turn the Badman Sasuke from the Dark Knight to the Knight of the round table.
(Dont mind the weird phrases, i am getting old)

Come to think of it, it's actually quite sad how Sakura and Sasuke where shining for just two-three chapters together and now once again are so far in the background that it seemed as if they did nothing so far. Either Madara was toying with the 5 kage and is just THAT strong. Or he gave his all against the 5 kage.
If it isnt the first, then the coming of the 5 kage is only going to boost the morale of the remaining ninja's but in terms of power they don't stand a chance. If it's the first, then they may be able to turn some things around.
Old 2013-09-23, 04:49   Link #40
Kazekage_Gaara
Kage of Sunagakure

Send a message via AIM to Kazekage_Gaara
Might not matter too much at this point, but I wonder with this unintentional memory/emotional transfer that Itachi's secret is finally revealed to the entire ninja alliance? All the sacrifices he made to protect his brother and Konoha?

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion