Old 2006-08-02, 10:31   Link #881
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by htsuji
Spoiler for episode 18:
While Shizuma sometimes (maybe unknowingly) treats Nagisa as her subordinate or something, Nagisa is also a kind of follower who accepts her attitude. Athough she already has some influence over Shizuma, they are not equal partners. But now, Nagisa seems to understand that she at the present time is not eligible for Shizuma's lover.
You may be right and all, but I just still feel she's stupid
Spoiler:
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 11:18   Link #882
htsuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou
I don't think she did the right thing there, either.
Nagisa was more active in the earlier episodes. She once tried to persuade Shizuma to attend the welcome ceremony (episode 3). But, for some reason I don't completely understand, she became passive to Shizuma.
htsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 11:49   Link #883
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I am one for upsetting moments, and episode 18 was like that right from the start. Its always something special when you get to see just whats inside a character you've been watching for a few months now. You just gotta think about what Shizuma was like back in episode 01.. even then she was holding all this in. I'd rewatch the episodes that are out so far - just because i understand what Shizuma went through all this time.

I knew Nagisa wasen't gonna take anything of this without having to break. We all know she's having problems with her true feelings, and even if it did look like she's finally come to terms with them.. she just still can't understand everything.

Hearing the tune that i fell in love with juring episode 17 was good, though i knew hearing it would bring so many god damn tears to my eyes.. i'm really gonna have to rewatch both episodes back to back tonight, just to fully gather up all the emotion from the story.

& something to shine my day..

http://www.cdjapan.jp/(mint,one_line...?KEY=LACA-5551

Its about time the Soundtrack got a release day, and not that far away to - i'm seriously hoping more then anything that the tune i love shall be on there.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-08-02 at 16:28.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 17:07   Link #884
Kisuke06
I see...

Episode 18 was a very good one. But it is a shame that in the end Shizuma haven't told the other Etoile's story to Nagisa. >_>
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 19:16   Link #885
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I believe you mean "complement."
thanks for the spell check but i ment complete as in they are both missing things in their life but when they are together each one brings something to the relationship that the other is lacking
Old 2006-08-02, 19:50   Link #886
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I just finished watching ep. 18. Well, it's a sudden change of mood from the last few eps. Not that it's a bad episode.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 20:11   Link #887
Sigurd
Abyss Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 20:24   Link #888
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
We have always seen Shizuma as someone who is potrayed as being stronger, so it is not really a surprise to see her break down like that. Nagisa must have acted like that because she never really see the weak side of Shizuma in the first place.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 20:29   Link #889
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Or maybe she can't take the emotional atmosphere she and Shizuma was in right at that moment.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 20:32   Link #890
Rin-Sama
Banned

I just watch the fansubbed episode 18 and it was a very good episode. What im worried about the most is Nagisa collapsing at the end of the episode. It didn't look like the she fainted and if you'd listen she actually sounded very sick when saying sorry to Tomo.

Could we have a similar situation where Naisga gets very sick and is near death and Shizuma's love bring her back? we'll just have to watch and find out!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 05:31   Link #891
Sox

Question

Does anyone know when does Strawberry Panic! manga come out for volume 2. I wanted to buy it because I have Volume 1 already. So now I need volume 2 and yeah how many volume will the manga have? Thanks
Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 07:28   Link #892
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Waw. Episode 18 was one hell of emotional package. It was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitsuji
The reason Nagisa ran away from Shizuma was not because she was treated as a substitute for Shizuma's dead lover. She was shocked by the fact that she was too powerless to relieve Shizuma from her agony.

(The following was edited after rewatching the episode.) That why Nagisa said "Gomen nasai. Dame nan desune. Watashi ja. (I'm sorry. I am useless/not enough for you. Aren't I." (This is not a question but a breathless assertion.) She had no idea how to deal with the situatinon, so that she ran away.
But it's just from Nagisa's point of view. Shizuma never stated or think that Nagisa is a replacement for Kaori. Yes, maybe Nagisa and Kaori share some similar qualities, but Nagisa is Nagisa, and Kaori is Kaori. Shizuma knows that very well so she can't replace Kaori with Nagisa.
In the end of episode, Shizuma and Kaori's photo was standing again, right? This shows Shizuma's feeling that she can't completely forget Kaori.

And the cliff scene.. And Nagisa's apologize to Tamao... oohh.. so emo..
Spoiler:
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 10:29   Link #893
ginseng

The eighteenth episode really drove in the point that the main character is a kid. Nagisa pretty much made it clear that she is deeply hurt from the twist of events, but maybe in the future she can just focus on loving the one she has fallen for instead of just being disappointed about something going wrong. I found the drama a welcome addition, but both the main characters acting quite weird about it.
ginseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 10:31   Link #894
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-03, 10:50   Link #895
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Spoiler:

CAT FIGHT!!!!! And while Tamo and Shizuma are fighting Chyio will steel Nagisa away!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 11:06   Link #896
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh
In the end of episode, Shizuma and Kaori's photo was standing again, right? This shows Shizuma's feeling that she can't completely forget Kaori.
We should be careful not to overanalyze things. Rather, it was a necessity, since we haven't seen Kaori's face for sure - on the first turn Kaori's face was "blanked out" by the reflection of a light source. I'm 100% certain that having the photo "stand up" again does NOT mean that Shizuma's feelings towards Nagisa have changed. At least I don't think so.

Quote:
And the cliff scene.. And Nagisa's apologize to Tamao... oohh.. so emo..
Well, here we only have the crushed low-self-esteem girl Nagisa. There's nothing she'd have to apologize to Tamao for.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 11:13   Link #897
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-03, 11:18   Link #898
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 11:21   Link #899
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-03, 15:21   Link #900
Fishbait

Wow BIG PLOT TWIST.

Everything was all happy (well cept for Tamao) and this episode comes and puts all the emo back in our faces!

Great episode IMO, now we'll really see how Shizuma and Nagisa will act toward eachother in school due to the awkwardness...
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri