AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-05-26, 07:41   Link #101
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

So what's happened to the humans-vs-AI story? There is certainly no shortage of human singers and even a talent show that largely features humans. At the outset we're led to believe that C&T are unusual in a world where AI drives the music business. Now it's not so clear what's happened to the story line.

I've noticed a distinct decline in the number of product placements since we got past the first few episodes. Carole doesn't talk about her Timberland boots any more. Tuesday's Gibson guitar is about the only product still prominently featured.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-26, 11:12   Link #102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
So what's happened to the humans-vs-AI story? There is certainly no shortage of human singers and even a talent show that largely features humans. At the outset we're led to believe that C&T are unusual in a world where AI drives the music business. Now it's not so clear what's happened to the story line.
It's still there. Humans still sing, but the popular songs are all written by AIs. Angela represents the AI side.
Old 2019-05-26, 12:09   Link #103
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

At the outset we were led to believe that Angela was unusual in being a human performer and that she could not compete with the AI. Now suddenly there are hundreds of thousands of wannabe singers. That's why the plot seems inconsistent to me anyway.

So only the songs are written by AI? They're still performed by humans?
Old 2019-05-26, 18:14   Link #104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
At the outset we were led to believe that Angela was unusual in being a human performer and that she could not compete with the AI. Now suddenly there are hundreds of thousands of wannabe singers. That's why the plot seems inconsistent to me anyway.

So only the songs are written by AI? They're still performed by humans?
That's my understanding, yes.
Old 2019-05-30, 12:08   Link #105
HandofFate

love the dog ai judge.

also guess I totally overmissed the part that Angela is just a model before, thoupgh she was just a rising singer, and trying to burst on top. Makes it kind of silly how she goes on about 'amateurs'
She's totally one in the industry as well. One backed by a ton of cash.
Old 2019-05-30, 15:30   Link #106
AntonKutovoi

Shouta Aoi’s character singing with that kind of voice toot me off guard.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-30, 18:13   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Piyotr turned out to be a better singer than I expected. Wish they didn't ridicule Carole and Tuesday's opponent, it makes me feel like they won by default.

Tuesday already has a stalker! And a cute one too.
Old 2019-05-30, 19:42   Link #108
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Piyotr turned out to be a better singer than I expected. Wish they didn't ridicule Carole and Tuesday's opponent, it makes me feel like they won by default.

Tuesday already has a stalker! And a cute one too.
Carole and Tuesday had the least interesting performance so far. They sounded even more generic then the pretty boy narcissist.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-30, 19:43   Link #109
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yeah, Piyotr sang so good... it was almost as if someone else was singing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-30, 21:41   Link #110
Uribatake

This show is a lot of fun and always a highlight of my week, but come on, couldn't they pick singing voices for the characters that sounded closer to their seiyuu, or vice versa? Skip was bad enough with the enormous disparity between Hiroki Yasumoto's and Thundercat's voices, but Pyotr was just ridiculous.

Last edited by Uribatake; 2019-05-31 at 17:40.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-31, 19:32   Link #111
videoman190

Carole singer Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgz...Dta5Sk9iRBuF0Q
and
Tuesday singer channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChG...eowLbC_0s0PVZg
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-31, 19:48   Link #112
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You're left to explain the relevance of Mott the Hoople's "All the Young Dudes" to this week's episode of Carole & Tuesday. Is it a reference to the big guy's persona? Maybe Pyotr? He's kind of "dude"-like. Maybe Watanabe just likes this song.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Some of the other songs have been more obviously relevant like Bruce Springsteen's "Born to Run."

That transition at the end of C&T's song was way too abrupt and way too weird. They also sounded slightly off-key to me.
Old 2019-05-31, 21:11   Link #113
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wish they didn't ridicule Carole and Tuesday's opponent, it makes me feel like they won by default.
I felt exactly the same way. Made it feel like the "Gangsta" dude lost rather than they won.

Thought I did appreciate the fact that the show is at least a little self aware about the the fact that Carole and Tuesday's songs are a bit plain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
This show is a lot of fun and always a highlight of my week, but come on, couldn't they pick singing voices for the characters that sounded closer to their seiyuu, or vice versa? Skip was bad enough with the enormous disparity between Hiroki Yasumoto's and Thundercat's voices, but Pyotr was just ridiculous.
Well I'm willing to bet that Poytr's seiyuu actually does sound closer to his singer's voice when talking normally which might even be the point. Perhaps a bit of an over analysis but I think it's possible that Poytr's cutesy campy act is just as much of an act for the character as it is for his seiyuu and that Poytr only acts like that because it gets him views. The dude was surprisingly honest about his rather cynical motivations, though how much of that honesty is an actual reflection of his character rather than the story making a point about social media celebs is difficult to say.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-01, 01:01   Link #114
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Interesting dilemma they've put themselves in. "Mars" is a world where everyone sings songs written by AIs, and what makes Carole & Tuesday different is that their songs are not written by AIs. Yet we in the audience live in a world where nobody sings songs written by AIs (yet), so Carole & Tuesday don't sound all that remarkable.

Pyotr's song could have been written by an AI, or at least that was how it struck me. He held my interest for about fifteen seconds, then not so much. Or maybe I'm just old.

OG Bulldog was not singing "opera," but was instead singing the Gloria from the Latin Mass. I'd know that text anywhere, having sung it countless times myself, in many different arrangements. I've never done it like that, though.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-01, 08:19   Link #115
videoman190

Think of it as the singing version of Meglobox the IAs are the gears and Carole & Tuesday are gearless and Angela is using an AI thanks to Tao.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-01, 14:00   Link #116
grecefar

I don't know pyort seems to be the guy how cheats, if he doesn't then carole and tuesday have it really hard to beat him.

the song of carole and tuesday was nice, and it make angela go tsundere and made tao look the screen, can't way to see those 7 miracles minutes.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-01, 14:37   Link #117
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Pyotr's song could have been written by an AI, or at least that was how it struck me. He held my interest for about fifteen seconds, then not so much. Or maybe I'm just old.
I had the same reaction, but then I'm old . I liked those fifteen seconds, then the song became monotonous and repetitious. I thought during Pyotr's performance that if this is what AI produces, our girls, even as wispy and clueless as they are right now, might still have a chance. They've got to get past Angela which, I assume, is where all this is heading.

Quote:
You're left to explain the relevance of Mott the Hoople's "All the Young Dudes" to this week's episode of Carole & Tuesday.
Maybe it's a tribute to Roddy. He's about the right age (twenty-five in the song's opening) and without him, C&T would be nowhere. Roddy! Go dude!
Old 2019-06-02, 16:43   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Think of it as the singing version of Meglobox the IAs are the gears and Carole & Tuesday are gearless and Angela is using an AI thanks to Tao.
That's a good comparison. I could see it ending similarly too.
Old 2019-06-02, 19:04   Link #119
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Now you've given me images of Carole and Tuesday literally duking it out with Angela.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-06, 15:49   Link #120
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Mermaid Sisters' song made me laugh hard. That came out of nowhere

GGK was great. I had to concentrate really hard to decipher the lyrics in Cybelle's song (and I didn't catch everything, far from it) but it did sound good. Angela's song sounds a lot better with the music, but not to the point of making me speechless like everyone in the show, I actually preferred GGK.

The episode further set up Angela vs Carole and Tuesday. I also doubt this is the last we see of Cybelle. Girl's nuts.

Tags
music, sci-fi