AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-02-23, 19:39   Link #61
James Rye

Really liked the part with the sun making one eye appear lighter than the other in the shadow. Also this was some bomb advertisement, like really good, very eye and ear catching. Plus the idea of adding Mizusaki's photos as bonus totally tripled the sales, at least I would bet on that much. XD
Old 2020-02-23, 23:10   Link #62
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yep, that was fun.

I just learned this is getting a live action movie as well. The manga is apparently very popular and critically acclaimed. It makes me want to check it out to see how the concept is handled, as I have a hard time imagining how this story can work without animation. I mean, it can, but it wouldn't feel as special and yet it apparently is.
The live action is casting 3 idols from idol group Nogizaka46 to play the main characters.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...pinoff/.156560

Definitely easy on the eyes, but have no idea what their acting skills are like.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-24, 13:48   Link #63
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
I know. But earlier in the episode, they said they'd get people to come watch thanks to Mizusaki but that it will be thanks to their animation that they'll sell the DVDs. That's not what they ended up doing.

It's not like their ultimate goal is to make money. Well, maybe to Kanamori it is.
I imagine the budget they get from the school is small, so the more money they can make to fund the next project the better. You can never have too much money when it comes to these kinds of things.
Old 2020-02-24, 14:21   Link #64
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
The live action is casting 3 idols from idol group Nogizaka46 to play the main characters.
I don't understand how this could possibly be better than the anime. As far as I know, there aren't even animated segments like, say, the dragonfly in episode one. The girls' flights of fancy are an important part of this show.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-24, 17:41   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I agree, but the same applies to the manga in my eyes so don’t go by me. The anime in Saru’s hands is the only thing that makes this material engaging.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-04, 03:05   Link #66
James Rye

I like Minimori, it shows how her past experiences formed her current personality. Knowing that all your hard work and good ideas mean nothing if nobody knows about it must have left quite the impression on her. No wonder she is all about sales, being pragmatic and advertisement. Also damn, the girls poured that much time into a 5 minutes long short that you could get 1.8 million Yen if each hour was paid a 1000 Yen? Like damn... so not worth it given the money they got outta it.
Old 2020-03-04, 07:56   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kanamori has been a real businesswoman since her childhood. And yeah, that flashback does explain why she is so obsessed with sales.
Old 2020-03-09, 11:58   Link #68
James Rye

Kanamoney having a hard time keeping the directors mind focused on the job and not new projects every 15 minutes. XD
They gonna need a writer or storyboard writer someday at this rate.
Old 2020-03-09, 19:06   Link #69
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, it's probably not the intended takeaway but what I get from watching this play out is "writers are really important and you really should have one."
Old 2020-03-15, 18:09   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't get the ending. They didn't notice they only had one BGM that didn't fit the mood of the story at all until everything was done? That wouldn't make sense, so what was it really about?
Old 2020-03-15, 18:47   Link #71
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Maybe they focused too much on the sound effects, and forgot the music?

I agree, it seemed weird to me, too.

I wonder what the Chamber of Commerce will make of this. We'll know it all next week (sadly).
Old 2020-03-16, 07:07   Link #72
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Were they somehow sabotaged and had their soundtrack replaced?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-16, 12:00   Link #73
James Rye

Nice to see that all the little things that had nothing to do with the story before now find their place in a story that makes sense. Nice work! Too bad the soundtrack doesn't fit and isn't like in the demo. Sabotage? A mistake?
Old 2020-03-22, 15:25   Link #74
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

OK, I'm going to guess that this is not quite what the Shibahama Chamber of Commerce had in mind.

The girls still need a writer.

I can't imagine Eizouken as a manga or as a live-action show. A show about the joys of animation should be animated.

I'm not generally a fan of Yuasa's works, but I enjoyed Eizouken from start to finish.
Old 2020-03-22, 21:22   Link #75
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-23, 09:13   Link #76
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved the beginning, but I started getting a bit bored near the end. Always remained interesting visually, but there wasn't much to the story and the characters remained stuck in place. I'd say the peak of the series was the Mizusaki episode.
Old 2020-03-23, 12:04   Link #77
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I loved the beginning, but I started getting a bit bored near the end. Always remained interesting visually, but there wasn't much to the story and the characters remained stuck in place. I'd say the peak of the series was the Mizusaki episode.
That pretty much sums up my feelings as well.
Old 2020-03-23, 19:51   Link #78
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The peak of the series for me was the OP.

It really wasn't bad - a fun little trifle of a series but nothing more than that. I thought Itou Sairi was great though - a really offbeat and funny performance. I'd love to see more live-action actors in major anime roles.
Old 2020-03-24, 10:06   Link #79
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'd be curious to know how many person-hours Science SARU invested in making the Shibahama anime. I'd bet it was a lot more than one could expect from two girls over a couple of months.
Old 2020-03-25, 23:13   Link #80
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I thought the Misuzaki episodes were the highlight of the series, too. But the finale did have some good moments. I loved Asakusa's perspective on sitting at their convention table.

My problem was that I thought the Shibahama anime just wasn't very good. It's easily the weakest of their three productions, and I think it's because their storytelling couldn't match the scale of what they were trying to do. The first two projects were simple and focused - girl vs. tank, robot vs. monster - but the third one was all over the place. It's hard enough to follow even if you watched the previous episodes and had seen the development process. Coming into it cold, you'd be completely bewildered.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote