AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-31, 01:37   Link #101
AP24

Someone noticed something interesting.

So I guess we can expect this scene with 5 birds in the next episode.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 02:12   Link #102
BWTraveller
Born to ship

My point was never that the show doesn't have a certain degree of baiting to it, that it isn't at least in part built on the thought that lolicons will pay money to watch a bunch of girls go crazy over a guy who's just awkward enough to freak out and make dumb decisions and respond to suggestions/suggestive situations with panic, especially if there are bath scenes and other fanservice involved. My point was always about the character's status as a lolicon. You can have a show that's really heavy on the bait, even one that can't get enough of little girls' bodies, and still have the guy involved not be an actual lolicon. And here, we do not have what I would call serious evidence that the guy is anything but a dope who's weak against general cuteness and naturally afraid of his extreme situation ruining his reputation/life. He's prone to making clumsy, dumb decisions under pressure, like going for what he thinks would most please a child on the verge of tears despite the better alternatives. He's not shown to be legitimately interested in any of the girls sexually or romantically. I'd say at least 80% of lolibait series are centered on guys who are not lolicons, and an additional 10% on guys who may technically qualify but would never for a moment consider doing anything.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 02:23   Link #103
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Kuzu-sensei genuinely asked an elementary schooler to become his wife
That's amazing
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 12:42   Link #104
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Kuzu-sensei genuinely asked an elementary schooler to become his wife
That's amazing
Honestly, can we not just quit this line already? People accuse me of going on about the same thing and repeating myself, but it gets hard not to grow frustrated when I try to provide logical arguments why "He did X" doesn't necessarily mean "he's a Y" and the responses pretty much all amount to "Yeah, but he did X so he's obviously a Y".

This happens in every single show with any kind of baiting, and this response frankly ruins things a lot more to me than the baiting itself, even as the immediate guilty verdict makes it all too clear why the character would react so "unnaturally" panicked.
Old 2018-01-31, 14:14   Link #105
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
One of the persons you try to reason with didn't even watch the show
(Not the tiger)
Old 2018-01-31, 15:51   Link #106
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
^
One of the persons you try to reason with didn't even watch the show
(Not the tiger)
if you are trying to "point at me" until that episode i was follwing it if you don't know or don't believe, but as i told thet "lolucon jokes" here are too much for me and i will probably drop it because i'm not too much fan of that sort of serie and this don't means which i can't give my opnion just because i'm in the verge of drop.

please try to respect others peoples opnion before "claim if someone is watching or no a series".
Old 2018-02-01, 00:40   Link #107
larethian

Yeah, some people just don't like certain types of entertainment or jokes or even theme. For example, a person who is very averse to a harem-type of show might get triggered and turned off no matter how good the plot may be, or how fleshed out the characters are. Even if the author takes great pains to explain there is a good background reason why each and every girl fell in love with the protagonist many volumes down the road, it won't matter to that viewer anymore, most of the time at least. For example, I get triggered by certain types of Isekai stories even if objectively looking at it, it has some great elements.

I don't think there's a problem with that but the problem is sometimes, when these negative feelings get expressed by a person who dislike the show for whatever negative aspects he/she might perceive, to a person who likes the show for the positive aspects he/she might perceive, it could get personal because the posts might felt as if the disliker is expressing superiority, directly or indirectly putting down the creator or even others who might like the show, whether intentional or not. And disagreements start devolving (?) into accuracy in terminologies and genres and stuff
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-01, 01:23   Link #108
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
he could had come with many others ways to refuse her request without go on that and she accept since she is a 6 years kid, all he could need say was which he can only teach peoples with 9+ years and only when she reach that age he will be her teach and make that "promise" or something else, rater than "propose"
Lolicon jokes or not, commerical pandering (and this is a commercial product) or not, it is an in-universe act and can be evaluated on its merits. On this point however, I must propose that your distaste is unobjective and your proposed alternative objectively worse than the variant executed on screen.

The show's portrayal is that the Subject acted without harmful intent and was rewarded w/ success. Target was more than mollified, she was clearly pleased. Further, this is not arbitrariness on the part of the author, but a reasonable & foreseeable outcome. Gratification brings joy, and Subject chose something that had a high probability of providing gratification considering Target's demographic and the fact she clearly is favorable to Protagonist.

Your alternative is, though wrapped up, ultimately a rejection. As such it has a near 100% percent chance of evoking at least some negative emotions. Further, the reasoning proposed, independent of whether a six year old can sympathize, is plainly arbitrary and lacks logical merit. It would not be understood, and speaking fairly it should not.

So, here's the question, why are you so accepting of causing actual harm (Erfolgsunwert) just to avoid mere Handlungsunwert? For that matter, what is the substantiation for abscribing Handlungsunwert to an act with Erfolgswert? Maybe what needs review is not the show or the act, but your own morality or at least the basis for it.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2018-02-01 at 01:27. Reason: Grammar trim
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 02:20   Link #109
AP24

I’ve done some research on shogi rankings and how shogi players become professionals. It’s actually quite complex.

Amateurs and professionals have their own ranking system. Amateurs start from 15th Kyuu to 1st Kyuu and then 1st Dan to 8th Dan, while professionals and apprentice professionals start from 6th Kyuu to 9th Dan. Amateur 4th Dan is typically equivalent to apprentice professional 6th Kyuu level. Promising young amateur players can take the examination to enter the Kenshuukai where members are amateur Dan level players. The Kenshuukai is divided into F2, F1, E2, E1, D2, D1, C2, C1, B2, B1, A2, A1 and S classes. Members get promoted or demoted based on their performance in recorded matches. Members of the lowest F class are typically amateur 2nd Dan level and those of the highest A and S classes are typically equivalent to apprentice professional 6th Kyuu level. Amateur players after achieving certain criteria can take the examination to enter the Shoureikai to become apprentice professionals. Most were amateur 5th Dan or less before entering the Shoureikai and because of this amateur 6th and 7th Dan players are rare and no one has ever achieved amateur 8th Dan rank.

Apprentice professionals in the Shoureikai are ranked from 6th Kyuu to 3rd Dan. Only 19 year olds and younger are allowed taking the entrance examination to earn Kyuu rank. If there are recommendations from at least 4 professionals, 16 year olds are eligible to take examination for Shoureikai 5th or higher Kyuu rank, 17 year olds for 4th or higher Kyuu rank, 18 year olds for 3rd or higher Kyuu rank, 19 year olds for 1st Kyuu rank. 16-18 year olds are allowed to earn 6th Kyuu rank with benefits such as exempt from primary examination if they achieved Kenshuukai S rank. 15 year olds and younger are eligible to take 6th Kyuu rank examination if they achieved either Kenshuukai C1 rank or top 4 in elementary or middle school level national tournament. If they achieved Kenshuukai A2 rank or higher, they are exempt from primary examination. They are also eligible to take examination for 6th or higher Kyuu rank if there are recommendations from at least 4 professionals and are exempt from primary examination if also achieved both Kenshuukai B1 rank or higher and winner of elementary or middle school level national tournament during the year. Amateur players are allowed to take the examination to earn 1st Dan rank if they are 22 years old or younger, have recommendation from at least 4 professionals and have earned first or second place at a national amateur tournament. Anyone that has recommendation from at least 4 professionals and won 6 amateur tournaments in the same year is allowed to take the examination to earn 3rd Dan rank. Once apprentice professionals raise their rank to 3rd Dan, they participate in the 3rd Dan League where only two people every half a year are promoted to 4th Dan and gain professional status. Shoureikai members get promoted or demoted based on their performance in recorded matches and they must achieve 4th Dan rank by the age of 26 or they will be forced to leave the Shoureikai. Some players that failed to achieve 4th Dan rank by the age of 26 are allowed to take a special examination that will give them a chance to earn professional status. Professionals are ranked from 4th to 9th Dan and the ranks typically reflect their accomplishments such as number of official matches won or titles earned. They are also divided into C2, C1, B2, B1 and A classes in ranking battles which typically reflect how strong they are. Professionals can get promoted or demoted based on their performance in ranking battles and tournaments.

Female professionals are very different from the usual professionals. Female players can receive the same regular professional status as males but no female has ever reached professional 4th Dan rank. The highest achievement ever by a female is Shoureikai 3rd Dan in real life. There is a separate system for female players where they can receive female professional status and they rank from female 3rd Kyuu to 6th Dan. Female players age 25 or younger that achieve C1 rank in Kenshukai will receive female 3rd Kyuu rank and will then gain female professional status if promoted to female 2nd Kyuu. Most female players that became female professionals after achieving Kenshukai C1 rank are weaker than Shoureikai’s lowest ranked who are around Kenshuukai A2, A1 or S rank level. Female players that join the Shoureikai first will never gain female professional status because they must join the Kenshuukai first in order to gain female professional status (Ginko probably never joined the Kenshuukai and went straight for the Shoureikai which is the reason she’s not a female professional). But female Shoureikai members can still gain female titles since there are tournaments that are open to any female. Players that already have female professional status can still join the Shoureikai later.
Old 2018-02-05, 10:43   Link #110
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Losing against Ai, now Ai learns she has lost her touch.
This bad streak will help her to keep her focus.
Old 2018-02-05, 11:19   Link #111
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Man, grade schoolers are the best!
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 11:24   Link #112
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Well, if they are bright enough, they are pretty ... bouncy.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 11:34   Link #113
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
The show's self awareness is frightening. From entering Yaichi's Family Register, to this. So many wtf situations lol. Ginko better hurry up and re-establish the pecking order before she loses Yaichi, if she hasn't lost him already.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 12:48   Link #114
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, Yaichi isn't a lolicon by current evidence, but he certainly is an expert loli-catcher. He's the Casanova of the elementary school, and I'm pretty sure in seven years he's going to have to deal with serious conflict as multiple girls and their well-off families demand his hand.

And yeah, I didn't think it was that bad at first, but Ai's yandere is a force to be reckoned with.
Old 2018-02-05, 12:52   Link #115
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

She still got her ass handed by Ai though.
Old 2018-02-05, 13:37   Link #116
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That line gave me Inou-Battle flashbacks when Yaichi said it

Careful there sensei, you just said the line that true lolicons utter

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 13:39   Link #117
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

Don't you mean Ro-Kyu-Bu? Both series have the same anime studio and director.
Old 2018-02-05, 13:49   Link #118
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Don't you mean Ro-Kyu-Bu? Both series have the same anime studio and director.
I meant what I said, since I first heard that particular line spoken in such a manner there.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-05, 14:58   Link #119
AP24

Quote:
I meant what I said, since I first heard that particular line spoken in such a manner there.
Well, Ro-Kyu-Bu was the first one that had that line.
Old 2018-02-05, 15:34   Link #120
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:

Ironically, I've only heard it once said with a lolicon meaning, and it was said by someone who was trying to fake perversion to drive an unwanted suitor off. The rest of the time it seems to be said by people who at least aren't lolicons yet at the time of stating it and it's stated in the same sense as this time: an enthusiastic recognition of the seemingly-boundless potential of small children and the joy of seeing their incredible growth. In fact, I think only one of them became a lolicon and in his case it seemed more of a very focused sexuality toward one person.

Tags
loli main heroine, lolicon, shogi