AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2018-11-22, 14:25   Link #421
amehmood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Xebec has been acquired by Sunrise.

You guys think this has something to do with the lack of new info from the event - waiting for how this deal will go before Gatoh or the guys from Kadokawa can say anything? Anyway, Season 5 (if it gets a go signal) getting animated by Sunrise is now a possibility.
It's possible. However, Xebec didn't own the anime rights to FMP, that's Kadokawa. So they could always take the series to another studio; however, given the Xebec producers are moving to Sunrise and will inevitably get involved with Sunrise producers, and of course FMP4 had Xebec producers on the prod committee it makes more sense for the continuation to have Sunrise on the prod committee. I imagine Atsushi Ito, the Kadokawa representative, who also helped produce every FMP anime so far is working with the Sunrise producers to get FMP5 green-lit. I do hope this means FMP5 will get access to Sunrise animators and additional staff. I think most of the Xebec team was a bunch of freelancers so they might just go to Sunrise too. Let's not forget there's a line of plastic models owned and distributed by Bandai, which also owns Sunrise, so maybe there's more incentive for Sunrise to help produce the next season. Either way, this is looking potentially good for FMP.
amehmood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 00:35   Link #422
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Interesting. I wonder which studio number Xebec will be evacuated to (Studio 1 & 3 are famous for doing many Gundam projects). Or will Sunrise make a new studio number for Xebec?
Old 2019-02-01, 17:47   Link #423
Subzero00

Full metal panic 3 movies coming this year. Recap but it's start
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 05:31   Link #424
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
Full metal panic 3 movies coming this year. Recap but it's start
Hopefully those recaps lead into a final movie/series to end the story. Here's to hoping
Old 2019-03-05, 15:17   Link #425
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Has there been any speculation on new anime content for the current LN series? I know there's quite a bit more content in other LNs. Are Another! and Sigma related to the story we've got so far?

Also, does anyone know of similar stories? I do not count Code Geass or Valvrave as similar. tbh, it's tough to come close to the uniqueness of the atmosphere, action, and drama here. The comedy and realism is just right here.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-05, 17:07   Link #426
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
Has there been any speculation on new anime content for the current LN series? I know there's quite a bit more content in other LNs. Are Another! and Sigma related to the story we've got so far?
Another is a spinoff 10 years after the series ending, and Sigma is just the manga adaptation of what is left
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-18, 01:03   Link #427
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Interesting. I wonder which studio number Xebec will be evacuated to (Studio 1 & 3 are famous for doing many Gundam projects). Or will Sunrise make a new studio number for Xebec?
Well, looks like my question has been answered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
Sunrise established the Sunrise Beyond company on March 1. The new studio is located near the Tanashi train station in Nishi-Tokyo, at the same address as Xebec studio's current address. Sunrise previously revealed in January that it will establish a new company to take in Xebec's operations on March 1. In the previous January announcement, the companies outlined their plan to sign the finalized agreement on March 11, and formally transfer the operations on April 1 (the start of the Japanese fiscal year).
Let's hope the final season of FMP can be done by Sunrise.