AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-29, 00:23   Link #41
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
It appears that the government gave Ace an offer for Shichibukai position once. Now if they really want him dead, why would they...?

The impression I had is that he was offered the position before they realized who he truly was. Remember, Sengoku said that it was two years after Ace left East Blue and formed his crew before they figured out he was Roger's son, but he was already under Whitebeard's care by then. So he was probably offered the position when he was captain of the Spade pirates.....

And yeah, I'm interested in seeing what Luffy is going to do, myself. He's inevitably going to get a raised bounty for his Impel Down shenanigans anyway, so he might as well stir up a little trouble in Marineford too, yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Luffy is not cool, Zoro is cool.

And yet while Luffy was busy having adventures in an island full of hot amazons, an underwater prison, and is now caught in the midst of a war that will change history as we know it, Zoro is forced to be the slave of a goth loli with a fetish for zombie animals. Which character seems more interesting now?
Old 2009-07-29, 00:51   Link #42
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
^That's the only way Luffy can outdo Zoro, when he's not on the field.

Bad news people, The next week's issue of one piece [chapter 553] will be a double issue. Which means there will be a chapter next week [553], and then after a week break.
Old 2009-07-29, 00:56   Link #43
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Double issue meaning two weeks worth of pages?
Old 2009-07-29, 01:32   Link #44
seiji_kun

Damn just saw some of the pages and Whitebeard does look beastly. Like I said at AP, with the spoiler of that Ace wanted to kill WB and what I can see on the pics it looks like Whitebeard could of killed of Ace crew while Ace and his crew were fighting marines. I could be wrong as hell though, hope the scrypt gets translated soon and it will clarify things. But damn if WB did kill his nakama.

Quote:
Luffy is not cool, Zoro is cool.
Someone with a Goku avatar doesn't find Luffy even a bit cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Double issue meaning two weeks worth of pages?
No, sadly enough it doesn't. It means you get your usual one week worth of pages that covers two weeks since Jump is going on a break for a week. So no One Piece, Naruto, Bakuman, Beelzebub,... for a week .
Old 2009-07-29, 02:23   Link #45
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Why is Jumo going on a break? Is it a holiday there or something?
Old 2009-07-29, 02:58   Link #46
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Someone with a Goku avatar doesn't find Luffy even a bit cool?
Luffy is stupid.

Regarding the spoilers......

Whitebeard Pirates aka the dynasty are the strongest!

That is all.
Old 2009-07-29, 03:02   Link #47
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
Luffy is stupid.
...Like a Fox! .

Quote:
Regarding the spoilers......

Whitebeard Pirates aka the dynasty are the strongest!

That is all.
I actually kind of thought you would dislike the fact that Whitebeard has a Devil Fruit (honestly, as Phenomenal said, it was not that surprising, though I was surprised by the choice of fruit).

btw, did anyone else think that Akainu looked extremely old in the spoiler pic we currently. Obviously this was due to his very gaunt appearance, but still, he looked far older than the other Admirals.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-07-29 at 04:29.
Old 2009-07-29, 03:07   Link #48
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
...Like a Fox! .
Naw, Like a monkey.

Quote:
I actually kind of thought you would dislike the fact that Whitebeard has a Devil Fruit (honestly, as Phenomenal said, it was not that surprising, though I was surprised by the choice of fruit).
To tell you the truth, as long as Zoro's ultimate goal doesn't have a DF, its all good. In any case, Blackbeards words to Ace hinted at the high possibility of Newgate and a lot of his ilk being fruit users, so I'm not that surprised or disappointed.

and so far Marco is the winner for best panel in this chapter.
Old 2009-07-29, 05:25   Link #49
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Aokiji the blue pheasent, Kizaru the yellow monkey and Akainu the Red Dog. See a pattern here?
You are a couple of years late my friend.
Old 2009-07-29, 07:12   Link #50
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I just realized how once again Oda planned Whitebeard powers out. From that scene with Shanks, I thought it was Haki that made the skies split [I know I mentioned this one before] and the boat shake hard like it did. But it was his Earthquake Fruit.

Quote:
To tell you the truth, as long as Zoro's ultimate goal doesn't have a DF, its all good. In any case, Blackbeards words to Ace hinted at the high possibility of Newgate and a lot of his ilk being fruit users, so I'm not that surprised or disappointed.
Man I would be so disappointed if Zoro got a Devil Fruit. I actually don't want nobody, other then the ones who already has them, to get DF's in the Strawhats.
__________________________________________________ _

I don't think Luffy's ship got sunk. And even so, they got Jimbei so it doesn't matter. Moria, Crocodile, and Daflamingo, I wonder just how they plan on taking Whitebeard's head now.

Quote:
That's the only way Luffy can outdo Zoro, when he's not on the field.
Luffy and Zoro are evenly matched. I (and a few others) just like Zoro more because he's more mature.
Old 2009-07-29, 08:06   Link #51
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Man I would be so disappointed if Zoro got a Devil Fruit. I actually don't want nobody, other then the ones who already has them, to get DF's in the Strawhats.
I don't even think is going to Happen, a DF means a strong change of how a character do things in a fight, and while you have seen Zoro, Sanji and Luffy progressing in their battles, they still have maintained their core style (I.E. Zoro uses Sword, Sanji Legs, Luffy his silliness...). So, Is highly unlikely Oda changes how the character do things, is possible that this time out he has given the straw-hat is to make them prepared enough to go to the new world.

And Yeah, Zoro is the Coolest SH
Old 2009-07-29, 08:08   Link #52
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Luffy and Zoro are evenly matched
Theres a reason why ones the capt and ones the first mate, why one always takes on the leader of the enemies and the other takes on the 2nd strongest and why one has the hardest dream whilst the other has one not as difficult.
Old 2009-07-29, 09:22   Link #53
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Theres a reason why ones the capt and ones the first mate, why one always takes on the leader of the enemies and the other takes on the 2nd strongest and why one has the hardest dream whilst the other has one not as difficult.
And that's because of the storyline, not because of their strengths. What you're saying doesn't provide any evidence of one being stronger then the other. Each time they fought (in the manga [Baroque Works Arc] and the fillers) they were evenly matched. It was also hinted in the manga on a few occasions that Zoro was strong enough to be Captain, which is why everybody (the readers) see Zoro as Vice-Captain.
Old 2009-07-29, 12:17   Link #54
marvelB

Wow, the narration text for the end of the chapter is awesome (as translated by Svg at AP forums):

Quote:
Whoever wins, whoever loses, this era will come to an end!

Yep, I can definitely smell "epic" in the air.

Anyway, it does seem like Whitebeard's power is what split the sky apart during his earlier scuffle with Shanks. In the spoiler pics it looks like the sky is literally "cracking" when he activates his power. However, I didn't see the admirals stepping up to stop the tsunami like the earlier summary mentioned. Maybe it was a mistake on the spoiler provider's part....?

Heh, I found it kinda amusing to see Ace getting the holy hell beaten out of him by Whitebeard for some reason. And as I figured, Marco DOES have seniority over him since he's already present on Whitebeard's ship in the flashback (Jozu's probably there too, but I don't see him yet). I'm still hoping that we'll see the rest of the commanders by at least next chapter.....

Oh, and I gotta say that I love the look on Moria's face after Whitebeard activated his power. It's like he's all "WTF is that?"
Old 2009-07-29, 12:41   Link #55
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and I gotta say that I love the look on Moria's face after Whitebeard activated his power. It's like he's all "WTF is that?"
Lmao!
That's funny. Especially since he was just like, "I'm getting pumped up. BRING IT ON WHITEBEARD!"
Old 2009-07-29, 12:57   Link #56
marvelB

By the way, a few more pics came out. Ace actually attempted to kill Whitebeard even after he invited him onto his ship (HUGE LOL at that scene of him trying to kill old Newgate while he was asleep ). Interestingly enough, one of the pics also shows Ace talking to the commander that eventually got killed by Blackbeard (at least, I THINK that's him). Heh, old Garp got quite a shock when he found out Ace became a pirate, too. We even see his jolly roger and wanted poster (too bad the bounty's not shown, though). And yeah, I'm pretty sure now that the reason why Ace and Jinbei fought is because Ace wanted Whitebeard dead. Quite an interesting relationship Ace has with his (biological) dad's former rival......
Old 2009-07-29, 14:02   Link #57
Master Mold
Banned

Ace's track record (not to mention character) just sh8ts all over Luffy's.
Old 2009-07-29, 14:11   Link #58
james0246

^Didn't Ace starte off with a suprememly powerful fruit (or did some recent spoilers change that?), so he would be able to surge ahead quite quickly.

That being said, I'm not sure why you are belittling Luffy taking a mere 3-4 months to reach the half-way point of the Grand Line. He has had a major superstar rise in fame/infamy easily comparable to Ace's rise. About the only difference is that Luffy hasn't stumbled upon a Yonkou that forces him into their service, yet.
Old 2009-07-29, 14:17   Link #59
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Didn't Ace starte off with a suprememly powerful fruit (or did some recent spoilers change that?), so he would be able to surge ahead quite quickly.

Speaking of that, what makes the scene of Ace trying to kill Whitebeard in his sleep all the more funnier is the fact that he's clearly in fire mode when he sneaks up on him, yet he still got smacked around by that old man. I guess this also kinda confirms that Newgate is a Haki user, since he was able to directly damage a Logia user (albeit in a rather comical fashion in this case).....

By the way, when Luffy tells his group that Roger was Ace's dad, he blurts right afterward that it was supposed to be a secret. Oh, that silly Luffy!

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-07-29 at 14:48.
Old 2009-07-29, 14:44   Link #60
andy

Quote:
Ace's track record (not to mention character) just sh8ts all over Luffy's.
We have no idea how long it took ace to do that plus with logia is rather easy to get to top faster.
Plus so far luffy has done more harm to marines than Ace has ever done . So i don't how Ace track record is better . Did he beat any warlords, did he take down any of marines strong holds.
It also seem he fought jimbei because he wanted to meet WB.
Also people talking about BB back stab someone Ace just to back stab WB more that once.

Luffy might be stupid but there are worst things.

Last edited by andy; 2009-07-29 at 15:02.
Closed Thread