AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2011-08-14, 02:05   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

Already a thread for this man, but yeah people need to give this a shot, this is the next big thing in manga.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 02:09   Link #22
TrueKnight

^ Damn if thats the case then my bad. Appreciate if the mods could move my comment to the one thread already existed. Yeah I agree this is THE next big thing in manga. Everything in it are just simply epic.

Also glad that this series won the Best Shonen Manga Category of 2011, it pretty much deserved it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 03:09   Link #23
Key Board
Carbon

It won a cultural award

except that it's seinen, not shounen IIRC
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 03:47   Link #24
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nah it was a shounen award, it's serialized in Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine after all. If it was a seinen manga it would've been in the General category and contend with March comes in like a lion and Chūya Koyama the two seinen mangas to win the General award for this year.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 05:49   Link #25
haegar
mangaviking

I mightily enjoy reading this. Vol5 is out btw, done by YET ANOTHER group. 3 of em now. blockheads.
Old 2011-08-14, 07:16   Link #26
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Wasn't there already a thread about this? http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102751

Anyway, I've stopped reading after the male protag turns back into human after somehow changing into a titan...well, it's not like that I don't like this manga, but I just don't feel to read it at the moment

Hmm....maybe I should catch up. I wonder what'll happen when that scary guy that can one-army titan (forget his name ) meet the male protag.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 07:25   Link #27
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
oh wait i forgot how that Marko guy died...

i had fun reading it again marathoned ch15-24 lol
Old 2011-08-14, 07:41   Link #28
haegar
mangaviking

ah that was great volume.
Spoiler for vol5:
Old 2011-08-14, 14:52   Link #29
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I suggest skipping forward a few chapters since it goes on a useless flashback arc.

Regarding the latest chapter, somehow I see the commander as being either a titan lover or a titan himself. Would explain those words he told to Erin on the day the other titans died.
Old 2011-08-14, 15:36   Link #30
haegar
mangaviking

why do we have
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102751 two freds? I am confused

Spoiler for spoiler vol5, reply to felix:
Old 2011-08-14, 16:35   Link #31
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Awesome series, I'm up to date w/ current chapters. Love Kiba No tabishounin as well, nice signature!
Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-15, 13:55   Link #32
marvelB

So yeah, I started reading this series a few months back and it quickly became one of my favorites! And yeah, I really like how it's implied that there's some sort of conspiracy behind the titans (methinks that they're actually manmade creations....). And yeah, these recent chapters were definitely all kinds of awesome (before the female titan's appearance, I had actually suspected that the colossal and armored titans were originally human, like Eren). Definitely looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I suggest skipping forward a few chapters since it goes on a useless flashback arc.

So..... character development is considered "useless", now?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 14:00   Link #33
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So..... character development is considered "useless", now?
When it happens after they die...
Old 2011-08-15, 19:38   Link #34
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
When it happens after they die...
honestly, with all the underdeveloped characters that exis in this vast world of manga, hell I don't care if they get development once they are dead, AS LONG AS THEY DO GET SOME

good character development is rare... and developing dead characters indicates the mangaka has a healthy sense of sarcasm on that matter - or maybe not, just rambling here

Spoiler for ?:
Old 2011-08-15, 20:40   Link #35
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I liked the flashbacks. It was a nod to a more innocent time in Kyojin ( as innocent as it could be anyway ), and it's always nice to have a more developed world setting. And call it posthumous character development if you would, but the ones who are still alive are the ones who benefited from it the most.

Those trainees are going to need character development anyway, since most of them are in the scouting legion... and it's better off for them to start with a proper slate, instead of grouping them as a 3rd wheel compared to the Eren-Mikasa-Armin trio.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 03:26   Link #36
haegar
mangaviking

on another note, I am still confused with having two threads, shouldn't we ask a mod to merge them or something? I mean atm each has like 2 pages only it's no big dealio ? Somebody say something on that
Old 2011-08-16, 12:20   Link #37
TrueKnight

I believe the mod already merge the thread I created with this one since yesterday so only a single one existed.

Don’t know what so bad about the flashback. It showed character developments and flesh them out nicely. Who would’ve thought that Sasha could be that dumb and adorable at the same time. Referring to the potato scene with the military drill instructor.

As for the funny parts anyone notice in chapter 24 when Christa came and brought two horses with her and then picking up Jean, Armin and Reiner? She’s like, glad that they’re okay with her angelic face and guys were thinking like “She’s Godsend”, “Goddess”, “I wanna marry her”. Lol that’s fricking hilarious.

And need more Eren x Mikasa development but that’s imo. Seems like its one sided from Mikasa’s view. Nevertheless the series is already fine the way it is right now. I’m pleased to hear that the tankubon manages to sell more around 4 million copies already, even if this series is considered relatively new.
Old 2011-08-19, 20:22   Link #38
Xion Valkyrie

This would be a great series for Bones to pick up for animation. The 3-Dimensional combat would look quite good with Bones at the helm.

Edit: Is this a weekly or a monthly release?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 22:20   Link #39
TrueKnight

^ I think it’s monthly but anyone correct me if I’m wrong.

Just took a peek on animenewsnetwork and turns out SnK vol. 5 comes second in sales for the period from August 8-14 with around 400k, first being the undisputed One Piece and all. This series manage to delivers on its homeground once again.
Old 2011-08-20, 15:36   Link #40
MeroBAKA

This series fascinates me. My theory about its incredible success is that we the readers are stunned to read a story, in which humans are overpowered by such difform creatures. That brings an uneasy feeling.
The scenes with the titans are so thrilling, I can understand flashback scenes are in comparison underwhelming, but nevertheless there are some qualities found in character developement and the plot in general with all the factions in the city. I wonder if the author planned that beforehand. The first chapters with a lot of flashbacks made me think he drew chapter after chapter without knowing where to go. It is just an impression though. It was more likely planned from the start.

I don't know what to think of the drawings. Perspectives and body proportions seem off to me in some panels, but the chara design of titans is interesting and a few color pages are good. I see this kind of art in seinen series not really in shounen, so the editor that picked up this manga has some guts
MeroBAKA is offline   Reply With Quote