AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-11, 12:23   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
seriously? Miyu is cheating on tomoki with his brother?
I saw it coming, with the brother being so relaxed when Tomoki told him he'd spend all of golden week at the pool. Tomoki himself said it was weird his brother didn't get angry at him like he usually does. That was probably around the time he made his move on Miyu.

In other circumstances, I could have sympathized with Miyu and Hiroya, but the two of them starting a relationship behind Tomoki's back instead of confronting him makes them real assholes and/or cowards.

Not a big loss for Tomoki in any case, since he clearly was never interested in her. Besides, coach Asaki is a way better catch!
Old 2017-08-12, 18:38   Link #22
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i actually like how they used it as a plot device. his brother is the life he could have had, but he chose not to have those things to pursue diving.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 16:08   Link #23
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I personally like the character dynamics in this show. I especially like the budding father/son relationship between Okitsu and Ooshima. Okitsu lost his father figures and the one person who had nurtured his diving. He's now gotten that back in a manner of speaking. I also liked Ooshima's observation that Okitsu may be more vulnerable than he looks. And there's something endearing about watching a middle aged man dolt on his new "family". The show may not be as "fun" as some other sports shows, but it had a down to earth quality, that I find endearing, and makes me care about most of the characters.
Old 2017-08-25, 11:39   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew Okitsu was very secretive, but to think he was hiding a hot girlfriend and two cute little sisters!!

We saw another side of Yoichi in this ep. He's always acted with confidence until now and seemed to be flawless, but it turns out he's weak against girls!
Old 2017-09-01, 01:29   Link #25
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Episode 9 deals with the pressure of being selected. I wonder if athletes frequently go through these thoughts when faced with so many external influences.

I'm not really feeling this series. The drama is there, but it feels forced in an anime series that seems really mellow. I guess the story telling could be a lot better.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 10:07   Link #26
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
And I feel quite the opposite. The drama works for me. In the case of Yoichi's reaction, I can totally see that happening. He made it to the Olympics, but in a way that doesn't feel like it was solely based on his efforts. So now he's conflicted. He wants to go, but he feels like he didn't really earn it. He obviously takes diving very seriously. He's even hyper aware of the amount of calories he consumes. Yes, we should all be conscious of that, but as he's a fairly active person, he doesn't have to be quite as strict as he appears to be. On that note, five bucks says he goes off and binges on food. :P
Old 2017-09-22, 11:53   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So yeah, this ended today. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, although I wouldn't say it was good either. I'd give it an average score, 5/10.

Tags
diving, sports