AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Old 2007-10-18, 22:59   Link #661
Marina2

In Op each main character appear with different clock, Is the triangle shape thing behind Nanaka is a sundial?
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 00:42   Link #662
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

You know, the watch could just be a valuable memory to him, one he doesn't want to lose so he keeps it on at all times. I've a ring that i never take off no matter what (even at baths or when i go swimming) for a similar reason.

that leads to my other speculation a girl from where they moved to gave him the watch, but was killed somehow (either by accident, suicide, drunken father, take your pick), he found her and as a result whenever he sees blood he freaks. The knife is just incidental, its the blood that freaks him out.

I also think his mum calling him seemingly every day shows she's worried about him. As for his father, you have to remember this is set in japan. Over there the father leave the raising of the kids to the mothers and hardly ever interfere (at least in 99% of the anime I've seen). His father is probably there, just working.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 00:50   Link #663
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Fast is an understatement

interesting thought...
Spoiler:
I thought that too but who in their right mind let a kid who recently slit their wrist to stay alone with no supervision????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
Or what if they ditch Sana and turn this into a Yuri.....
no thanks, you can watch Blue Drop instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
[quote"ipernorris"] The show is good and I like it. There is only one "problem": Aoi-chan!
I know she's meant to be a comedy and ecchi relief, but there is a limit to tardness: I think she said the most retarded thing ever in anime. How can there be sharks in a swimming pool/water park?!? Even six years old kids know this!
Not only her tardness, but the most important thing that (for me at least) could be categorized as a "problem": her voice, that squeeky high pitched voice, for the love of merciful God please make it stop. Seriously, we got a 12th grader trying to sound like a 1st/2nd. Her chipmunk voice brought spine and shivers, making me want to almost watching the show with no sound.

Everything else in the show are awesome. But please do something about Aoi's voice.[/QUOTE]

Yes please, do something T_T, this is getting retard, was cute the first 1 or 2 eps, but I have enough, no thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ran View Post
OH killing his father ! that's too much !! then Aoi's family would know that if it was real !!
no thanks we don't want to have another suzaku.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 00:59   Link #664
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

i love aoi's voice >.< guess that makes me a minority lol *pulls on an Aoi-chan fanclub hat*

She's just so damned cute, she's the cutest girl in the entire show (so far). I loved the apron, and why she needs one >.<
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 03:04   Link #665
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Yup yup and what is even cuter is how proud she is that she uses it. It makes me want to huggle her. Of course unlike lots of you guys I actually like her voice so she is just pure moe to me
Old 2007-10-19, 03:05   Link #666
zephyrus

Sana's reaction to the blood on the knife was a very nice touch to the anime, i hope they continue to talk about it and not just have it as a one episode thing and have it forgotten or just in the background for the rest of the anime.

Sana's mother seems to ask about him going to school everyday, could this be just a mother's concern? or could it be he always bludged school where he came from?

side note: Aoi's voice is starting to get a bit annoying.
zephyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 03:13   Link #667
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
we all over reacted about the knife issue while it can be as simple as this : he likes fish and he always wanted to have one small golden fish and he did one year ago. But on day, his father’s cat, accidentally, crushed on the fish house and the glass was broken and his fish passed away , so his mother, didn’t want to through the fish away and she gave it the car for lunch when Sana was at school. When Sana came back from school he found out what his father’s cat did and what his mother did to his dear golden fish.. And since then he didn’t go to school because he things that the fish dead because he was in school and couldn’t helped her to survive from the accident. S, in order to forget his dear fish, his parents sent him to spend sometime with his friends and forgets about the golden fish. THE END.

Last edited by 4ran; 2007-10-19 at 05:37.
4ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 03:14   Link #668
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrus View Post
Sana's mother seems to ask about him going to school everyday, could this be just a mother's concern? or could it be he always bludged school where he came from?
Although I'm an avid supporter of the quote, "the most simple answer is usually the correct one" I really doubt that it's this simple.. Obviously there's more to her mother's questions then just because he bludges school..
Old 2007-10-19, 04:56   Link #669
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
we all over reacted about the knife issue while it can be as simple as this : he likes fish and he always wanted to have one small golden fish and he did one year ago. But on day, his father’s cat, accidentally, crushed on the fish house and the glass was broken and his fished passed away , so his mother, didn’t want to through the first away and she gave it the car for lunch when Sana was at school. When Sana came back from school you found out what his father’s cat did and what his mother did to his dear golden fish.. And since then he didn’t go to school because he things that the fish dead because he was in school and couldn’t helped her to survive from the accident. S, in order to forget his dear fish, his parents sent him to spend sometime with his friends and forgets about the golden fish. THE END.
Very funny theory. Sana is supposed to be 16 years old for one thing. If this turns out to be true than I will be laughing whenever I see Sana .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
i love aoi's voice >.< guess that makes me a minority lol *pulls on an Aoi-chan fanclub hat*

She's just so damned cute, she's the cutest girl in the entire show (so far). I loved the apron, and why she needs one >.<
Aoi's high pitched childish voice fits her personality almost perfectly. While all VAs changed their voice patterns for grown up characters, Aoi's VA only made her voice louder. It may just imply that Aoi has same personality as when Sana left the town.
Old 2007-10-19, 06:10   Link #670
decca

I'm just happy it's not another h-game adaptation.
decca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 06:16   Link #671
holyman282

nope it's not a H-game adaptation, it's just a normal adaptation of a all age visual novel, which by the way comes out in December 20th 2007.. Funny that the anime came out before the game..
Old 2007-10-19, 06:32   Link #672
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
Aoi's high pitched childish voice fits her personality almost perfectly. While all VAs changed their voice patterns for grown up characters, Aoi's VA only made her voice louder. It may just imply that Aoi has same personality as when Sana left the town.
Either way it's still ear-piercingly annoying.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 06:46   Link #673
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
Either way it's still ear-piercingly annoying.
Eye of the beholder. To me it sounds like the pleasant song of a big red breasted robin singing in a Christmas snowy scene.
Old 2007-10-19, 06:55   Link #674
Saleh
Inactive

Thoughts after reading previous posts-

Quote:
Originally Posted by decca View Post
Maybe his mother is mental and used to cut her wrists.

Explains why he talks to his mother in a weird manner and also the bloody knife.
If his mother was a mental case then he wouldn't have left her alone. After Sana's mother sends Sana away, she could have started cutting her wrists again with no one to interfere this time.

Quote:
I would say family conflict follow by divorce but he ended up being a victim in the process. He may have tried to protect his mother (or father) from a slash but ended up taking one on his wrist instead...the he wanted to leave because he cant face his parents anymore (or something like that).
I would agree with you. It may have happened just as you said. His mother may have send him to his childhood town to keep him away from family feuds.

Spoiler for Speculations for blood V2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
In Op each main character appear with different clock, Is the triangle shape thing behind Nanaka is a sundial?
It could certainly be a reference to sundial but not an actual sundial. Its ability as sundial could be debated considering that it is surrounded by lot of large obstacles which are also capable of projecting shadows on the same plane.

Atm I am more interested in grandfather clock scene since it has clues about Wakatsuki twins and Asami and their past. Animators may be trying to point out something about their past since they focus on broken longcase clock, in which second hand is stuck between 11 & 12 while it is still trying to move forward. We also see Asami crying in same scene.
Old 2007-10-19, 06:56   Link #675
holyman282

if only everyone can see the world through rose tinted glasses like you grey moon... Aoi's voice gives me a big headache....
Old 2007-10-19, 07:05   Link #676
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
nope it's not a H-game adaptation, it's just a normal adaptation of a all age visual novel, which by the way comes out in December 20th 2007.. Funny that the anime came out before the game..
This anime was probably made to promote Myself; Yourself game. Atleast popularity of this anime is one of the key factor which will influence sales of Myself; Yourself game. If they screw up this anime then it will have adverse effect on game sales.
Old 2007-10-19, 07:54   Link #677
grey_moon

Quote:
if only everyone can see the world through rose tinted glasses like you grey moon... Aoi's voice gives me a big headache....
Fluffy strawberry coloured ear muffs please!
Old 2007-10-19, 07:56   Link #678
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
OH killing his father ! that's too much !! then Aoi's family would know that if it was real !!
Quote:
Yeah I'd say killing his father would be a bit too much.... If you look at it in a logical manner, if he were to kill his father wouldn't he have a criminal record? Certainly Aoi's family had to be told about it if he were staying with them, not to mention the school.

Lol if that were really the case, I wonder what his mum says when she calls him, "haven't killed anyone else have you Sana?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox79 View Post
killing his father is a possiblity, but im gonna say highly unlikey, I dont think Sana picked up any tips from Suzaku (Code Geass)
ok so i started the whole what if thing with Sana father. But for some reason it got mixed up. Orginally i stated that something might have happened to Sana father like an acciendent or something invovling him getting hurt and traumatizing Sana. So no im saying he killed his father LOL. It is a possibility that his father got hurt in someway and Sana was present when it happened. That watch could also be a present from his father. High unlikely any of Sana's problems involve his father but not a 0% chance thats why i mentioned it.
Old 2007-10-19, 08:31   Link #679
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Fluffy strawberry coloured ear muffs please!
been listening to hina ichigo a bit too much? ^^

but i think im getting to become immune to her voice now...or that my ears automatically switches off whenever she opens her mouth

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 08:36   Link #680
grey_moon

Quote:
been listening to hina ichigo a bit too much? ^^

but i think im getting to become immune to her voice now...or that my ears automatically switches off whenever she opens her mouth
Ah you are evolving! Soon you will be maximum level and all you will hear is a bird song coming from her lips

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, dogakobo, drama, romance, school life, yeti