AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 31.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 12.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-11-21, 10:59   Link #141
index87

to think last order has a soon to be angel at her whim
index87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 11:00   Link #142
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
exactly when? i could not have miss that scene...
We're not shown directly, but the scene before when Last Order said she wants to help/do something too during the MISAKA Hivemind conversation hints to it.

Just like how Yomikawa got involved in destroying Awaki's back-up, there were implications, but we were not shown the actual turn of events of how they were requested to help.

Same with Misaka 10032 asking Touma for help. We saw her at his doorstep, but we never saw what exactly he was told.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 11:04   Link #143
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
exactly when? i could not have miss that scene...
not included in the anime. But remember the scene in the hospital when Last Order just buts in the conversation of the sisters. Accelerator asks whats happening but LO just deny it. Though they do a foreshadowing that Accelerator might be listening to the conversation when they focus the camera on him but totally random if you didn't think about it.

Being the reason why is Accelerator there hunting down Awaki.
Old 2010-11-21, 12:12   Link #144
klare

ok... thx for the explanation, i guess the hints are not clear enough for me but it is fine now
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 13:48   Link #145
Negi-bozu

Misaka Inouto ask Toma to go and help her sister, so I think she said to go and serch for her one-sama
Negi-bozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 14:27   Link #146
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

I think you mean't Misaka Imouto? I histerically laughed when Last orded talked with herself and Accelerator watched her and thought "Whats wrong with this kid?"
Though the scene where Touma was jumping from furniture to furniture to get to Kuroko was epic!
Divine witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 18:10   Link #147
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Also that the girls he helped only gave him bad things instead of good things this time.. Poor Touma
I really despised how they twisted that around instead of sticking with the novels...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 23:15   Link #148
Dark Wing

I got to say...That Awaki Chick Got ACCELERATED!...
Old 2010-11-21, 23:46   Link #149
outerelf

No, she got a copy of Touma's punch! Really, Accel was totally copying Touma there
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 23:49   Link #150
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

So suddenly all punches in existence are a trademark of Touma?
Old 2010-11-21, 23:52   Link #151
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I thought they were all a trademark of Captain Falcon?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 23:55   Link #152
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
That just an illusion.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 00:08   Link #153
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Accelerator's punch makes sense... He accelerates to a high rate. And force = mass x acceleration. Or momentum = mass x velocity. Either way, an inhumanly strong punch.
Touma on the other hand, a regular guy throwing regular punches. Even Mike Tyson can't One Hit KO every single person out there.....

And since I'm posting, demanding once again, http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=128
Old 2010-11-22, 00:16   Link #154
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Accelerator's punch makes sense... He accelerates to a high rate. And force = mass x acceleration. Or momentum = mass x velocity. Either way, an inhumanly strong punch.
Touma on the other hand, a regular guy throwing regular punches. Even Mike Tyson can't One Hit KO every single person out there.....

If Touma's Imagine Breaker can negate his luck, there's no reason why it couldn't negate his opponent's luck

Back luck = each hit just so happens to give them a concussion!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 00:34   Link #155
reaper with no name

Another thing to consider is the fact that Accelerator's punches theoretically could have infinite power if he wanted them to.

When Accelerator punches an object, the object exerts a force onto Accelerator's fist equal to the force of the punch. Accelerator reflects this force back onto the object, doubling his punch's strength. Then the cycle continues until either the object gives way or Accelerator decides to redirect the force in some other direction (ending the cycle).

It's not surprising, therefore, that his punch would be a one hit KO.
reaper with no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 00:47   Link #156
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
Another thing to consider is the fact that Accelerator's punches theoretically could have infinite power if he wanted them to.

When Accelerator punches an object, the object exerts a force onto Accelerator's fist equal to the force of the punch. Accelerator reflects this force back onto the object, doubling his punch's strength. Then the cycle continues until either the object gives way or Accelerator decides to redirect the force in some other direction (ending the cycle).

It's not surprising, therefore, that his punch would be a one hit KO.
Then it will be a 15 min falcon punch for the poor awaki XD
Old 2010-11-22, 03:06   Link #157
ninja_pintu

The accelerator part was win. The rest of the episode was average imo.

And the villain girl's motivations were lol. I wonder what she wanted to achieve by knowing whether or not humans are the only one with powers
Old 2010-11-22, 03:26   Link #158
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

No, I don't think that's the right way to interpret it.

I think she wants to test the possibility of animals to gain esper abilities is to completely eliminate the human variable in scientific experimentation. She told us in the episode that she does not want her powers and, like the rest of the children from the Science Society, is cursing herself for having such an ability.

If she can prove that animals can be used for power development, then she could save people from turning into guinea pigs (no pun intended).

Honestly though, I find her idea quite stupid; if everything goes her way, Touma's gonna have to fight against psychic animals.

Fukou da.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 03:53   Link #159
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
No, she got a copy of Touma's punch! Really, Accel was totally copying Touma there
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Still, I think it is best to call it as Touma punch. That's right. TOUMA PAWNCH!!! Cause I believe this suits better as Touma created his own version of that so-called Falcon punch, while Accel himself did the same as Touma did as he was inspired by Touma, worship him as his master, right after when Touma owned him big time back then.

Well, it's an amazing episode, although J.C. had somewhat summarized it from the LN's original plot. Especially the conversation between Touma and Kuroko, which was somewhat "removed" from their script.

Yup, I guess this season would be a summary of the light novel as J.C. wanted to cover-up to at most in Vol. 16.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 05:05   Link #160
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
So, the whole arc, in summary (damn, JC Staff's adaptation of this arc feels like one) this arc is:

- Mikoto acknowledges that there are people who are trying to gather the Remnants, and are trying to stop them.
- Kuroko intercepts one of these gatherers, Awaki, but was in for a surprise counterattack and got injured.
- Kuroko gets intel on who Awaki is and plans a counter-strike.
- Mikoto confronts Awaki, Awaki gets away by a distraction. Kuroko happens to overhear that and proceeds to track down Awaki inside a building.
- Battle proceeds, but Kuroko gets downed by a gun. But manages to terrificly disturb Awaki's psyche causing her to break down and gets a 4-tonne weight coming onto Kuroko in retaliation.
- During the battle, Mikoto proceeds to track down Awaki and finds out Kuroko had went to see her first, while the Sisters go and ask Touma for help, this turn of events got through LO and in turn Accelerator learns about the sequence of events from LO. Touma and Mikoto meets up and proceeds to go to Kuroko's rescue.
- Mikoto blasts through the building, creating a pathway for Touma to rescue Kuroko and stop the teleportation of that 4-tonne mass.
- Awaki, who have slipped away, encounters Accelerator and gets curb-stomped.
- Main boss of this arc downed, happy end for everyone.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote