AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-04-04, 12:19   Link #1421
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeast View Post
That's.... really disheartening for me... but I can understand... I'm also hoping for the best for you guys...

Maybe the editors can fix up the Saikoroshi patch in the meanwhile? Hehe, just jokin' ^_^;

... ; _ ;
what saikoroshi patch, I am curious.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 12:29   Link #1422
Kitsu
The unlucky one

First of all good Luck Chrono!!
Second...

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 09:21   Link #1423
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Guys, stop sending me PMs about typos and such from anything older than EP3. (I asked about EP4 specifically for a reason, although I will take anything from EP3 because I already edited that and there shouldn't be terribly much left.) EP1 in particular has a massive number of errors and it's much more efficient to just go through the whole game and redo stuff than to sift through my PM box.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 13:13   Link #1424
chronotrig

If you find anything before EP3, you can PM them to me instead.
I'll add them once I get back to translating.

Edit: Just make sure you only send things found in the latest EP4 patch.
The demo version is out of date.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 19:06   Link #1425
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
I don't want to search trough 70some pages for solution, here's my 'problem':

Right now I only have the original cd for episode 2, some time ago I played ep. 1, and now I would like to play the 2nd one. Is there some other way to play it than buying cd with ep4, because on the Witch Hunt page I can only find the patch for this one. Was there a patch for translated episode 2, which was compatible with ep. 2 cd?

Thanks in advance for help!

PS. I'm planning to buy ep 4 cd, but currently I can't access paletweb site to check how much money I must save to buy it

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 19:23   Link #1426
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
Right now I only have the original cd for episode 2, some time ago I played ep. 1, and now I would like to play the 2nd one. Is there some other way to play it than buying cd with ep4, because on the Witch Hunt page I can only find the patch for this one. Was there a patch for translated episode 2, which was compatible with ep. 2 cd?

Thanks in advance for help!
It's right there: http://witch-hunt.com/links.html
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 19:31   Link #1427
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Oh, silly me I guess I looked in the wrong section.
Thanks for help!

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 13:42   Link #1428
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
I love this game so much!
Thank you Witch Hunt for translating this!
Old 2009-04-11, 20:18   Link #1429
SPC1st

Has anyone had problems with the 4.0 OS X patch? The executable won't run at all for me (on OS X Leopard). I tried replacing it with the demo onscripter, but then saving won't work. I just crashes back to the desktop whenever I try to save. Curiously enough, if I try running Onscripter on the original game, the save files do register, but only while the game is running. After restarting, they all disappear. Any ideas for this?

Edit: I think it might partially due to a permissions thing, as when copying from the DVD everything is read only. I changed a couple of folders/files to be read-write, and then tried renaming and moving the patch into the main folder, which managed to work with correct saving (sometimes - it still sporadically flushes the saves apparently). Still can't get to having the patch in the folder. Where are the save files for the OS X version stored? I've read in this thread that it's stored in the registry files for the Windows version, but is there something like that on Mac?

Last edited by SPC1st; 2009-04-12 at 09:14.
SPC1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 22:31   Link #1430
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
There's no Umineko merchandise thread, so I guess I'll post here:

http://umineko.tv/web/main/collection/dramacd.html

Does anyone know what this CD has to do with Umineko?
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 01:49   Link #1431
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
There's no Umineko merchandise thread, so I guess I'll post here:

http://umineko.tv/web/main/collection/dramacd.html

Does anyone know what this CD has to do with Umineko?
It's mostly a Higurashi drama CD, but has a few Umineko characters (Battler, Jessica, Maria) cameo in it.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 09:45   Link #1432
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
It's mostly a Higurashi drama CD, but has a few Umineko characters (Battler, Jessica, Maria) cameo in it.
Wait, don't stop there.

The other thing mentioned on that page is what they're calling a 'navigation drama CD' for Umineko. Apparently, it's a way for fans to get to know the cast before the anime comes out. And it'll 'reproduce some scenes from the game'.

...It looks like Battler, Jessica, Maria, George, Kanon, Shannon, and Beatrice will be voiced.

Old 2009-04-15, 17:41   Link #1433
PenquinDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Reporting that the game is working under Linux, with onscripter svn version 20090110. The only bug I can report is that it sometimes switches between fullscreen and windowed mode on its own, but it's kind of sporadic and I haven't been able to find a pattern, other than it happening when a paragraph ends up sowing (and you get that page like icon at the end of the line, instead of the arrow).
I'm trying to compile the latest svn version of OnScripter, but I keep getting an error message while compiling, would you happen to know what libraries it needs?

If anyone can has some experience with it, the error message is
Code:
g++ -c -O2 -Wpointer-arith -Werror -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wall -ffast-math -ftree-vectorize -msse -Iextlib/include -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include/smpeg -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include/freetype2 -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include -Iextlib/include/SDL -DLINUX -DUSE_OGG_VORBIS -DENABLE_1BYTE_CHAR -DINSANI -DHAELETH  ScriptHandler.cpp
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
ScriptHandler.cpp: In member function ‘void ScriptHandler::saveKidokuData()’:
ScriptHandler.cpp:659: error: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fwrite(const void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
ScriptHandler.cpp: In member function ‘void ScriptHandler::loadKidokuData()’:
ScriptHandler.cpp:672: error: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
ScriptHandler.cpp: In member function ‘int ScriptHandler::readScript(DirPaths*)’:
ScriptHandler.cpp:991: error: ignoring return value of ‘char* fgets(char*, int, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make: *** [ScriptHandler.o] Error 1
Which doesn't really help me much, since I've just started with Unix based systems.
PenquinDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 17:51   Link #1434
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, we could go the hard way an solve those errors as we should be supposed to. (carefully solving each problem) Or we can grab the solve it all hammer and pound them indiscriminately

Code:
sudo apt-get build-dep onscripter
This will download and install all the dependencies you need for onscripter. After that you can try making onscripter again.

If you want to try the first solution, you could open your configure file and delete all those pesky Werror flags.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 17:57   Link #1435
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Wait, don't stop there.

The other thing mentioned on that page is what they're calling a 'navigation drama CD' for Umineko. Apparently, it's a way for fans to get to know the cast before the anime comes out. And it'll 'reproduce some scenes from the game'.

...It looks like Battler, Jessica, Maria, George, Kanon, Shannon, and Beatrice will be voiced.
OOO~ I really wanna hear it then ^_^ When is it coming out?
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 18:09   Link #1436
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenquinDude View Post
I'm trying to compile the latest svn version of OnScripter, but I keep getting an error message while compiling, would you happen to know what libraries it needs?

If anyone can has some experience with it, the error message is
Code:
g++ -c -O2 -Wpointer-arith -Werror -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wall -ffast-math -ftree-vectorize -msse -Iextlib/include -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include/smpeg -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include/freetype2 -I/home/***/onscripter/trunk/extlib/include -Iextlib/include/SDL -DLINUX -DUSE_OGG_VORBIS -DENABLE_1BYTE_CHAR -DINSANI -DHAELETH  ScriptHandler.cpp
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
ScriptHandler.cpp: In member function ‘void ScriptHandler::saveKidokuData()’:
ScriptHandler.cpp:659: error: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fwrite(const void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
ScriptHandler.cpp: In member function ‘void ScriptHandler::loadKidokuData()’:
ScriptHandler.cpp:672: error: ignoring return value of ‘size_t fread(void*, size_t, size_t, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
ScriptHandler.cpp: In member function ‘int ScriptHandler::readScript(DirPaths*)’:
ScriptHandler.cpp:991: error: ignoring return value of ‘char* fgets(char*, int, FILE*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make: *** [ScriptHandler.o] Error 1
Which doesn't really help me much, since I've just started with Unix based systems.
Damn, I thought I'd caught all those...
I'll post after I update the svn.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2009-04-15, 18:15   Link #1437
PenquinDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, we could go the hard way an solve those errors as we should be supposed to. (carefully solving each problem) Or we can grab the solve it all hammer and pound them indiscriminately

Code:
sudo apt-get build-dep onscripter
This will download and install all the dependencies you need for onscripter. After that you can try making onscripter again.

If you want to try the first solution, you could open your configure file and delete all those pesky Werror flags.
Deleted the Werror flags, reconfigured, and ran a make clean, and its now compiled, installed and seemingly working fine, thanks a lot.
PenquinDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 19:15   Link #1438
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenquinDude View Post
Deleted the Werror flags, reconfigured, and ran a make clean, and its now compiled, installed and seemingly working fine, thanks a lot.
Hmm, okay, but please do try the svn update I just made.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2009-04-15, 23:03   Link #1439
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
OOO~ I really wanna hear it then ^_^ When is it coming out?
The first one comes out 6/24, and the second 7/23.

It says they'll be coming out before the anime, but that's no surprise given the dates.

Old 2009-04-16, 04:36   Link #1440
Auria

Since it isn't a big question and onscripter issues are sometimes discussed here..^^""

--> I have the nsaout.exe three times on my hard disc in higurashi/umineko directories and everytime my Avira comes across them, they are marked as "TR/Killfiles.anv" -> Malware. I doubt that they are really dangerous and that this analyzation is done because of some details in the structure of the programm but I thought it's more safe to ask if they really aren't dangerous o_O"
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation