AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-18, 00:14   Link #21
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
I am aware of trading figures and the rules that govern them (haha xD) but I was wondering if sombody could help me find that; because I don't trust ebay >.>
AOforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 23:57   Link #22
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

Lacus fan community hm? lol I hope you know that the Lacus set in your link is fake so you should find another auction.
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 22:01   Link #23
bbsdays

Anime TOYS...

Hi,
I am looking for the following items.

Hana Yori Dango, Toys:
Inspee, VoiceL, etc... Anything, if you ve got it.

Marmalade Boy
Jet Memo, and anything else.

Please message me if you have these and want to sell them.

Thanks.
O
bbsdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 09:50   Link #24
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I've been looking for some wallscrolls of Yuzuki from Chobits, absoutely none that i've searched for so far. Any help from you guys/gals would be great.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 21:57   Link #25
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Anyone knows where I can get these

Not necessarily girl masks. Shonen heroes like naruto or Ichigo gonna look really kewl in parties
(remember the naruto movie special previews with the little girl and the fat guy)

Anyone knows where I can get stuffs like these?
Any stores that sells one?

thx
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 22:29   Link #26
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran

Not necessarily girl masks. Shonen heroes like naruto or Ichigo gonna look really kewl in parties
(remember the naruto movie special previews with the little girl and the fat guy)

Anyone knows where I can get stuffs like these?
Any stores that sells one?

thx

W T F
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 00:05   Link #28
Aru
dead

You brought up memories of this horrible site: http://sabrina.jp/
Aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 01:24   Link #29
redwoodtreesprite

(Edited for inclusion of the Japanese terminology.)

I recognize what they are. Mascot heads. (Or kigurumi, the Japanese term for them.)

I used to work in costume shops, and got very familiar with mascot company catalogs. They do custom heads, as well as popular ones. In the USA, things like bulldogs, tigers and such, as well as somewhat human pirate heads and others. And you could commission specialty heads for your company.

As this type of look is popular in Japan, it makes sense that there would be standard mascot/kigurumi heads sold like that.

They wouldn't be cheap, but if you really wanted to get one or more, try googling around a bit, limiting your search to Japanese sites. Look for words used on pages with these heads, and also in the photo description.

As mascot companies are often sports-oriented, you could also look for Japanese companies that sell mascot/kigurumi costumes, and see which ones have these type of heads as well.

But as I said, they won't be cheap. Average cost for a simplistic and small-sized mascot head in the USA was around $200.00 or more, and that was over 5 years ago. And these do have rooted hair, which can add a bit to the cost of a head.

Last edited by redwoodtreesprite; 2006-03-11 at 12:38.
redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 02:25   Link #30
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwoodtreesprite
I recognize what they are. Mascot heads.
Those are not mascot heads. Those are masks sold for a form of cosplay called kigurumi. In Japan, some men dress up as female characters, in full body stockings, with those heads so that you cannot tell that they are men. (Yes, those pictures are men.)

I understand that while some women do kigurumi to look like actual anime girls, they are rather rare and most women perfer unmasked cosplay.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 12:33   Link #31
redwoodtreesprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Those are not mascot heads. Those are masks sold for a form of cosplay called kigurumi. In Japan, some men dress up as female characters, in full body stockings, with those heads so that you cannot tell that they are men. (Yes, those pictures are men.)

I understand that while some women do kigurumi to look like actual anime girls, they are rather rare and most women perfer unmasked cosplay.
(Sorry about that PM, but it is confusing when a thread is moved to within another thread. It does appear to be deleted. In other forums I've been in, the thread gets locked and a link to the thread the posts have been moved to is put in the last post by the moderator. Much less confusion that way, but hey, it's your forum...)

Kigurumi is the Japanese term for a mascot type costume. See the description in the original link you provided:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kigurumi

A mascot costume does not need to represent a company or sports team. They are often made for entertaining children at parties and such, just like kigurumi are. And many have a very "human" look to them.

So my recomendations above still apply. They are quite pretty, and I think I may do some digging to see if I could order one myself. If I find a site that sells them, even if it is a Japanese company, is it OK to put a link to it here?

Last edited by redwoodtreesprite; 2006-03-11 at 12:45.
redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 18:13   Link #32
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Thx people, especially redwoodtreesprite.
Kigurumi, so thats what its called.
The above pics i got years ago, just browsing some of my old CDs and then saw those dolls again.

Anyway, could you pm me if you ever find a store.
Currently looking for it but i can only find bodywear.com
Gotta look for more.

Again thx and give me a shout if you find one.
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 13:11   Link #33
BaronNoir

Very pratical question...

I'm going to Boston in May (early May. Not in time for the convention, damn !!!)

Was wondering : is there decent anime shops in downtown Boston ? (for merchandise, mostly. For mangas, it's not a major problem-most libraries have a decent section. But DVDs stores with good anime sections would be a treat)
BaronNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 02:29   Link #34
stingray
Kinda Sorta Anime fan

Eyeshield 21 keychain

wanna know where i can get some keychains

specifically SD 3D key chains (not just a flat piece). more specifically kurita

TIA!
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 07:24   Link #35
Gaiarth

Just thought that this seemed to be the place to mention that Mandarake do International mail orders. Not the greatest place to look for specific stuff, as they are a second-hand place so you never know what they may get in. But if you can afford the shipping costs, it's an interesting place to browse through...

http://www.mandarake.co.jp/
Gaiarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 08:35   Link #36
melon-juice

the lacus set is fake. horrible quality, i wouldn't bother with it.. basically its a replica of lacus from many different sets from several years ago.. you might be able to buy the real versions at local anime stores if they have a collection of those.. i have my set in a trash bag somewhere...
melon-juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 11:56   Link #37
EvA-Apocalypse

Send a message via AIM to EvA-Apocalypse
Talking Anyone Know The Best Place To Buy Wall Scrolls?

Yeah. ive been searching for a while and still had a clue where to buy good ones. Im looking wall scrolls for

Maburaho
Ah my Goddess
Shuffle
Suzuka
Kimi ga nozomu eien
Full Metal panic
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
EvA-Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 11:22   Link #38
EvA-Apocalypse

Send a message via AIM to EvA-Apocalypse
No onw knows?
EvA-Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 13:23   Link #39
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

Send a message via AIM to JoeStoppable
Help with Elfen Lied Box

ok so what i'm looking for is anyone who can make and ship or just deliever a custom made jewerly box that is designed and plays the music of lilium just like the one in elfen lied.

Its for a friends birthday in like 2 years and i would really appreciate it if someone could help me out?

Sorrie if this doesnt go here. and I'm sure many people have already looked for this many a times. But i thought now that the series has been done for like 2 years, i thought by now someone would have made it.

Price is really not that big of a deal. As long as its a good looking replica and plays the song.

I live in California.
JoeStoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 11:24   Link #40
ReAnim8

Does anyone here buy Anime merchandise?

Hi, i'm a long time reader first time threader. I was just wondering if, besides buying anime videos and manga, if anyone was picking up anime based merchandise. I've wondered if there was an Anime place near me would I buy things on a regular basis? What about you guys? I would love your help, because this could help me decide on a new career.
ReAnim8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime shopping