AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 30.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-29, 15:38   Link #241
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-29, 16:22   Link #242
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Spoilers for 23-26 under the spoiler tag. 23 isn't translated, sorry. Click at your own risk since I wouldn't want to ruin all the fun you seem to be having deciding whats going to happen I'd be glad if someone could check the TL too, friend of mine did it and wasn't sure on everything.

Spoiler for 23-26:
I need to save up money. When this episode happens, I'm probably going to smash my monitor to death...
Old 2007-08-29, 17:40   Link #243
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Spoiler

Ahh...What to say? The 'convey their feelings' part sounds so cheap and stupid...

And I think I might kow what's that hotbloodied 'Shocking' scene is already, but if things are as gruesome as they sound like...

Come on, Character death! (Other than Zest)
Old 2007-08-29, 17:50   Link #244
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Zest may potentially die...although I can see the torch being passed to Subaru in terms of the series...although some of the numbers may die fighting Nanoha's team...
Old 2007-08-29, 18:13   Link #245
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Spoiler

Ahh...What to say? The 'convey their feelings' part sounds so cheap and stupid...

And I think I might kow what's that hotbloodied 'Shocking' scene is already, but if things are as gruesome as they sound like...

Come on, Character death! (Other than Zest)
What made me lol was the word in 'like in Fate's situation...'

But otherwise, it was all-around predictable, ESPECIALLY 25. C'mon, anyone could've seen it coming 300 miles away. The only factor is that...would she live or would she die?

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-29, 18:55   Link #246
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The only factor is that...would she live or would she die?

Spoiler for ...Well, spoiler:

Just kill her already,you'll be going to good drama!

(Yes Nighty, I know, that's why I only said 'good')

Though the downside is that FF.net would soon be flooded with angst stories

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-29, 19:09   Link #247
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I need to save up money. When this episode happens, I'm probably going to smash my monitor to death...
I have a laptop and so cannot smash my monitor. Any ideas?

Man, how predictable. It is like 7Arcs is just trying to finish scribbling up this disaster and moving on to their next production.
Old 2007-08-29, 19:16   Link #248
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Watch it on somebody else's computer.

Quote:
Man, how predictable. It is like 7Arcs is just trying to finish scribbling up this disaster and moving on to their next production.
What? Inukami 2 ?

They still have to settle 2 more Sound stages though...
Old 2007-08-29, 20:05   Link #249
Riddly
It can't be...

Quote:
Though the downside is that FF.net would soon be flooded with angst stories
Lmao, so true.

I'm starting to think I'm one of the few that actually likes her.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:06   Link #250
arkhangelsk

What's so likable about her...
Old 2007-08-29, 20:15   Link #251
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddly View Post
Lmao, so true.
For me, I'll have to incorporate bits and pieces of that into any future fics

Sigh...

Quote:
I won't say 'few' though

Quote:
She provide us with a good amount of amusement in reference to Erio...

... Erm, yeah.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:33   Link #252
Riddly
It can't be...

Quote:
I personally think she's cute, and find the moments between her, Nanoha, and Fate to be endearing.

I feel so alone.
Old 2007-08-29, 21:02   Link #253
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I personally think she's cute, and find the moments between her, Nanoha, and Fate to be endearing.
As a character, aside from cuteness, she was extremely flat. ((The same can be said for a number of characters, but considering the time spent on Vivio, she stood out for being worse)) If it was anyone other than Kaori Mizuhashi voicing her, I don't think I can even take her seriously.

As for the NanohaFate moments, to be honest, it was fine the first time, but the successive NFV moments added nothing new at all to their relationship other than to make NFers go aww~. On the other hand, the VivioFate moment where Fate talked of her own mamas at least, had a very very minor degree of substance as to Fate's character development. I say minor because it's kinda obvious itself from the get go.

Same with the Nanoha-reminiscence of Vivio when she talked to Schach, where we see a clearer look as to why she doesn't want to officially take Vivio in, and all that, along with the type of person she is. Once again, it was only minor, because it was something we'd know reading the manga, or even reading between the lines.

As an NF catalyst, Vivio got stale the 2nd time. As a singular character catalyst, she didn't exactly show us a side of Nanoha or Fate we didn't know already and I'd prefer OTHER characters get that development time... you know, like HAYATE? LIGHTNING? VILLAINS? As her own character, BORING. As a moe blob, who cares about that? As a drama-bomb, she's not too bad, but not bad =/= good.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-29, 21:19   Link #254
Riddly
It can't be...

Quote:
As a character, aside from cuteness, she was extremely flat. ((The same can be said for a number of characters, but considering the time spent on Vivio, she stood out for being worse)) If it was anyone other than Kaori Mizuhashi voicing her, I don't think I can even take her seriously.

As for the NanohaFate moments, to be honest, it was fine the first time, but the successive NFV moments added nothing new at all to their relationship other than to make NFers go aww~. On the other hand, the VivioFate moment where Fate talked of her own mamas at least, had a very very minor degree of substance as to Fate's character development. I say minor because it's kinda obvious itself from the get go.

Same with the Nanoha-reminiscence of Vivio when she talked to Schach, where we see a clearer look as to why she doesn't want to officially take Vivio in, and all that, along with the type of person she is. Once again, it was only minor, because it was something we'd know reading the manga, or even reading between the lines.

As an NF catalyst, Vivio got stale the 2nd time. As a singular character catalyst, she didn't exactly show us a side of Nanoha or Fate we didn't know already and I'd prefer OTHER characters get that development time... you know, like HAYATE? LIGHTNING? VILLAINS? As her own character, BORING. As a moe blob, who cares about that? As a drama-bomb, she's not too bad, but not bad =/= good.
I do understand where you're coming from, and agree for the most part. I don't dislike Vivio though, and I still find her to be cute. Which was really all I meant. I know all she does is either A) cry, B) say mama, C) make the NxF go "aww" as you put it.

*shrug*
Old 2007-08-29, 21:54   Link #255
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:

Smash your laptop so you can stop publically complaining about the series failing to do something it was never going to do.

Honestly, yes, we saw the ending coming. If you were going to be so filled with anger about it that you're posting about randomly destroying your own property, why are you still watching, and even dedicating time posting on a forum about it? Every single week lately the threads on this forum seem to consist of a few pages of brief discussion from those who saw the episode when it aired, closely followed by several pages of complaining from people who haven't even seen the episode, then followed by pages more complaining when they have. This isn't epic masterpiece on military tactics, it's a magical girl show. A heterochromic girl saying mama and generally looking adorable who, gasp, doesn't get huge amounts of character development? Um, this is a magical girl show, she doesn't NEED any more reason to be there.

Maybe when this is over many people here will finally realise that apparently this show isn't for them so if somehow season 4 emerges they won't bother. Those of us who enjoyed it greatly for what it is can only live in hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddly
Around here, probably. Otherwise nope, you're not
Old 2007-08-29, 22:46   Link #256
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Smash your laptop so you can stop publically complaining about the series failing to do something it was never going to do.

Honestly, yes, we saw the ending coming. If you were going to be so filled with anger about it that you're posting about randomly destroying your own property,
If you actually thought real people are really going to smash their precious monitors and laptops for this show, you've got bigger problems than us.

We saw the general ending, but it could have been executed so much better.

Quote:
why are you still watching, and even dedicating time posting on a forum about it?
Momentum, and there is a perverse joy in b*tching about something. Oh yeah, and even though hopes are waning, we are still hoping beyond hope for improvements.

Quote:
Every single week lately the threads on this forum seem to consist of a few pages of brief discussion from those who saw the episode when it aired, closely followed by several pages of complaining from people who haven't even seen the episode, then followed by pages more complaining when they have.
Well, there is a reason for it. Did you notice that actually watching the episode did not improve our opinions of it?

While we are at it, if you don't like such threads, why are you participating and b*tching about them?

Quote:
This isn't epic masterpiece on military tactics, it's a magical girl show.
Actually, the farce that's happening now isn't even a magical girl show.

It'd be hard to find a magical girl show, for example, that shafts the third heroine (Hayate) as horribly as MGLN StrikerS does.

Most magical girl shows may not know much about tactics, but at least they know to try to stick together when charging into the enemy's hideout in the Final Battle. It'd be hard to find a magical girl show that so deliberately sets up its protagonists for maximum un-necessary grief in the Final Battle.

In most magical girl shows, the girls run into grief in the Final Battle due to strong enemies that are tough to beat even if they are all together. If they are separated, it is because the enemy blasted them apart with a storm. Here, the grief is self-inflicted.

Further, MGLN did not get its current popularity, at least IMO, by being a mere magical girl show which is honestly done to death. It bought its popularity by integrating new elements like sci-fi and a military structure. Do that and you attract more guys, but unless they are shallow turds here only for moe, they take out a longer marking sheet with more items. Thus, if you want to set up our girls as Officers in a paramilitary organization, we take out pens to mark for tactics and command ability. Don't want that? Don't set it up that way.

Quote:
A heterochromic girl saying mama and generally looking adorable who, gasp, doesn't get huge amounts of character development? Um, this is a magical girl show, she doesn't NEED any more reason to be there.
Well, she by herself is only harmless cuteness. Even though she's empty, she would actually have been liked had she not been crowding out other, more valuable characters' Character Development as well as the Plot Development. She got too big for her station, and that's a big no no for any genre and the real reason for all the death wishes aimed at her.

Quote:
Maybe when this is over many people here will finally realise that apparently this show isn't for them so if somehow season 4 emerges they won't bother. Those of us who enjoyed it greatly for what it is can only live in hope.

Around here, probably. Otherwise nope, you're not
I guess the 2-chan otaku who only care about moe will agree with you.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2007-08-29 at 22:55. Reason: Added one reason
Old 2007-08-30, 00:59   Link #257
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post

Honestly, yes, we saw the ending coming. If you were going to be so filled with anger about it that you're posting about randomly destroying your own property, why are you still watching, and even dedicating time posting on a forum about it? Every single week lately the threads on this forum seem to consist of a few pages of brief discussion from those who saw the episode when it aired, closely followed by several pages of complaining from people who haven't even seen the episode, then followed by pages more complaining when they have. This isn't epic masterpiece on military tactics, it's a magical girl show. A heterochromic girl saying mama and generally looking adorable who, gasp, doesn't get huge amounts of character development? Um, this is a magical girl show, she doesn't NEED any more reason to be there.

well I can see the triad having the last laugh.

first off,it does not show how vivio manage to destroy drones WITHOUT being awakened yet.In fact everything just fits in too nicely,woah, would anyone just adopt any child from nowhere without beign the least suspicious of the child first?that loophole is just too big and noticable.Secondly,what did she mean she has to get somewhere when she was first seen in the show?There simply too many questions about a KEY character who is important to the plot.

But,
People make mistakes, lets just treat the 7Arcs was not in their right mind.

Be more open and forgiving to the plot pls.As plot hungry as iam,i realised one thing in anime in all my years of watching it:unexpected things can happen in it.
Old 2007-08-30, 01:10   Link #258
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Be more open and forgiving to the plot pls.As plot hungry as iam,i realised one thing in anime in all my years of watching it:unexpected things can happen in it.
This last sentence probably explains why we are all hanging on while b*tching.
Old 2007-08-30, 01:20   Link #259
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Spoilers for 23-26 under the spoiler tag. 23 isn't translated, sorry. Click at your own risk since I wouldn't want to ruin all the fun you seem to be having deciding whats going to happen I'd be glad if someone could check the TL too, friend of mine did it and wasn't sure on everything.

Spoiler for 23-26:
Spoiler for response to 23-26:

Quote:
Watch it on somebody else's computer.

What? Inukami 2 ?

They still have to settle 2 more Sound stages though...
Inukami, hahahaha now that would be interesting. They go out and find Kaoru's lost soul since he's "alive" even though his body is gone. That would be great.

Quote:
Hahahah, nothing is perfect. Of course a few people will complain while some will not.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-08-30, 01:20   Link #260
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Unlike some fansubber who literally dropped everything and bolted.