AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-22, 22:22   Link #4981
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

I think Yuan will score the last hand, either by Tsumo or hitting Hisa.
Old 2014-05-23, 16:32   Link #4982
Nihilanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Ah, someone beat me to it. Anyway, here's a summary of the infodump, but let me warn you, this one is crazy.

First and foremost
Spoiler for Unexpected:

I know this thread never really went on that tangent, but its surprising she actually addressed it

Now, the following one could be more relevant.

Spoiler for EVERYTHING IS A LIE:

Talk about a reality shock...

Anyway, passing on to less unbelieveable issues

Spoiler for As expected of buchou:

That sound you're hearing is hakka-ya squealing and the proceding to write 5 more doujins in a single day. And DO IT, RITZ!

Also

Spoiler for More reasons for the tsun:

Also, birthdays for the shinohayu crew.

Shino: January 31
Kanna: August 11
Kyoka: November 26
Hayari: July 13
Richardson: May 10

Kanna's is just one day before mine
Regarding Saki and Teru,
Spoiler for Saki and Teru:

Regarding Hisa,
Spoiler for Hisa and Mihoko:
Nihilanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 12:11   Link #4983
Emballage

Quote:
First and foremost
Spoiler for Unexpected:

I know this thread never really went on that tangent, but its surprising she actually addressed it
Spoiler for Wild Mass Guess:

Quote:
Now, the following one could be more relevant.

Spoiler for EVERYTHING IS A LIE:

Talk about a reality shock...
Spoiler for Figures, really:

Quote:
Spoiler for More reasons for the tsun:
Spoiler for Mizuhara Hayari (8):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazaru View Post
That's kind of odd that she would comment on a Saki/Teru theory. I mean yeah, I doubt either is malicious or whatever, but having the possibility of it out there is usually fun for an author, to keep people guessing. Since her email is on her blog, I wonder if she just gets tons of mail about it and jut got tired of it?
Or probably she was disturbed enough by the whole notion. After all, the Saki (and Nodoka) character design is present in practically every Ritz work, so I think it's safe to assume Ritz is significantly emotionally invested in them

Quote:
Speaking of that...I was making some Saki fan art and put this together after noticing it:

Spoiler for hair:

What do you guys think of that? I'm fairly certain, outside of the unnamed cousin, that they're the only ones with the pointy hair things (obviously Kyouko has it split into 2). I'm not saying there's anything necessarily there, but A) It might explain why Saki is so scared of her for somewhat obscure reasons and B) You would figure Ritz would be conscious of what she was drawing there
Well Yumi didn't have that hair, and Saki was mighty scared of her.

Moving on to the main manga chapter,

Damnit Nodoka, between your analysis and your J-cups, I'm not sure I can take you seriously anymore.
Emballage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 13:20   Link #4984
raincrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emballage View Post

Well Yumi didn't have that hair, and Saki was mighty scared of her.
Right, but neither does anyone else she had trouble with (outside of Kyouko) The difference is that her fear of Kyouko is never really made existent until after its specifically stated so after the match, and that surprised everyone. In contrast, everyone knew why Yumi should be feared off the bat.

Anyway, my guess is that there's something a bit deeper between Saki/Kyouko that we haven't been made privy to yet, and I think Ritz is hinting that with the hair. Definitely big speculation on my part though.

Spoiler for Shinohayu spoilers:
raincrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 03:57   Link #4985
juventus95

Quote:
Right, but neither does anyone else she had trouble with (outside of Kyouko) The difference is that her fear of Kyouko is never really made existent until after its specifically stated so after the match, and that surprised everyone. In contrast, everyone knew why Yumi should be feared off the bat.

Anyway, my guess is that there's something a bit deeper between Saki/Kyouko that we haven't been made privy to yet, and I think Ritz is hinting that with the hair. Definitely big speculation on my part though.
Personally, I want to see Himematsu and Kyosumi in the final. Imagine all the national monsters' abilities get negated by Shizuno. Then Kyoko, the super normal, trounces everyone at the table. And Himematsu wins the final. Plot twist!! Heavenly!!
juventus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 08:11   Link #4986
Chitanda Eru

@^: If Achiga or Himematsu wins this tournament, it will be super super big failed for this Serie
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 15:48   Link #4987
juventus95

I was joking I love Kyosumi and want to see them succeed but I have to consider the possibility that other teams have potentials to win (e.g, Rinkai team). They remind me of Real Madrid. Always recruit more superstars but they don't always win. I don't recall if Rinkai has ever won the national tournament in the manga.
juventus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 16:32   Link #4988
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
To be honest I would not be surprised if Kiyosumi loses the team finals and an underdog wins - but for me personally the thing I am most looking forward to is Saki directly facing off against her sister in the Individuals. (And hopefully Jindai and Arakawa will be there too! )
Old 2014-06-01, 16:36   Link #4989
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
To be honest I would not be surprised if Kiyosumi loses the team finals and an underdog wins - but for me personally the thing I am most looking forward to is Saki directly facing off against her sister in the Individuals. (And hopefully Jindai and Arakawa will be there too! )
Agreed, it would fit with the whole idea of just having fun with mahjong, and besides, sports series are famous (at least to me) for not always guaranteeing that the main characters/team will come out victorious.

So, a nurse, a miko, Gilgamesh and a bookworm sit in a table

Edit:
And just minutes after making this post, Shinohayu comes out.

A tad slow, but my heart skipped a beat when

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2014-06-01 at 17:34.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 21:21   Link #4990
The Green One

It's interesting seeing this side of Hayari, as we were introduced her to as the ditzy air headed idol we know her as an adult. A lot of heartwarming stuff in this chapter, I'm a sucker for this kind of thing. But now it seems the feels are going to be incoming.

Unlike Achiga's sidestory the over all goal seems to be less important and allows us to gain a more intimate connection with the characters as we can delve into their stories more deeply.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 21:52   Link #4991
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
It's interesting seeing this side of Hayari, as we were introduced her to as the ditzy air headed idol we know her as an adult. A lot of heartwarming stuff in this chapter, I'm a sucker for this kind of thing. But now it seems the feels are going to be incoming.

Unlike Achiga's sidestory the over all goal seems to be less important and allows us to gain a more intimate connection with the characters as we can delve into their stories more deeply.
I agree and I love it, which is interesting, considering how two are characters we're seeing for the first time. And yet, I like Kanna and Shino as much as anyone in Achiga or the main manga, if not more. Of course, I like Hayari as well. Who knew the idol character would be so interesting?
Old 2014-06-01, 22:02   Link #4992
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Agreed, it would fit with the whole idea of just having fun with mahjong, and besides, sports series are famous (at least to me) for not always guaranteeing that the main characters/team will come out victorious.

So, a nurse, a miko, Gilgamesh and a bookworm sit in a table

[/SPOILER]
Who is Gil an who is The bookworm, that is the question .

As for who win , I probably already said it somewhere but I'm fine with anyone but achiga winning . ( Still cheer fo Kiyosumi though )
Old 2014-06-02, 00:57   Link #4993
The Green One

Quote:
I agree and I love it, which is interesting, considering how two are characters we're seeing for the first time. And yet, I like Kanna and Shino as much as anyone in Achiga or the main manga, if not more. Of course, I like Hayari as well. Who knew the idol character would be so interesting?
It's the personality gap between a big boobed ditzy airheaded adult idol and the kind hearted, serious, and dutiful child who also seems to be studious as well.

Seeing the impact Mafuka had on Hayari when she was little has gotten quite interesting, and it's only been two chapters so far.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-02, 01:30   Link #4994
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post

As for who win , I probably already said it somewhere but I'm fine with anyone but achiga winning . ( Still cheer fo Kiyosumi though )
Gil is Teru but I don't have any idea on who is the bookworm.
Old 2014-06-02, 01:36   Link #4995
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Gil is Teru but I don't have any idea on who is the bookworm.
It's Saki, but I don't think that was the point of the question, but rather, which sister is the true monster. I vote for Saki.
Old 2014-06-02, 01:44   Link #4996
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post

Gilgamesh is Teru, of course. But the bookworm in this case transforms at the mahjong table into something easily up to snuff with Gilgamesh... Prolly even scarier! ^^

For the record I would also like for Kiyosumi to win the team tournament and am also cheering for them (partly because I love it when Saki lets loose like she did in ep 11 of Zenkoku), but I would not be surprised if they were defeated, I guess.

Oh yes, speaking of people letting loose I really want to see Jindai erupt!
Old 2014-06-02, 01:44   Link #4997
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Sure didn't expect that.

Spoiler for Shinohayu - The Dawn of Age:
Old 2014-06-02, 01:55   Link #4998
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Gilgamesh is Teru, of course. But the bookworm in this case transforms at the mahjong table into something easily up to snuff with Gilgamesh... Prolly even scarier! ^^
And we haven't even seen the mandatory power up she'll get in the semis. I'd make more comparisons, but the thread doesn't need more type-moon in it.

Quote:
For the record I would also like for Kiyosumi to win the team tournament and am also cheering for them (partly because I love it when Saki lets loose like she did in ep 11 of Zenkoku), but I would not be surprised if they were defeated, I guess.
Anything can happen in this series, really.

Quote:
Oh yes, speaking of people letting loose I really want to see Jindai erupt!
This sounds so lewd Silly mikos and their breast powers.
Old 2014-06-02, 02:00   Link #4999
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Baaaaka.

Okay then, how about Jindai going into max possession mode brought forth by the presence of Arakawa and the Miyanaga siblings?
Old 2014-06-02, 02:02   Link #5000
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Baaaaka.

Okay then, how about Jindai going into max possession mode brought forth by the presence of Arakawa and the Miyanaga siblings?
What? They do have breast powers.

I say that's gonna be one overwhelmed god. You need a whole pantheon to match those powerlevels.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri