AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-29, 02:59   Link #4721
Aldaeus

I've just realized something about that scene between Trowa and Marimaia... not only was Trowa a total ass to an 8 year old girl... he was a total ass to an 8 year old crippled girl. Mariemaia was in a wheelchair at that point!
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 03:17   Link #4722
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
I've just realized something about that scene between Trowa and Marimaia... not only was Trowa a total ass to an 8 year old girl... he was a total ass to an 8 year old crippled girl. Mariemaia was in a wheelchair at that point!
She's not crippled. She's still recovering.

Then again, for someone who was shot, I'm not sure why she'd be in one anyways. Unless the bullet hit some nerves or something lo.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 10:52   Link #4723
rereremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
EDITED

It is Frozen Teardrop. Preventer 5 was originally a Wing manga without an ending. Frozen Teardrop is adapting it to fill in the void as to why Relena and Heero were frozen. Preventer 5 is basically exactly what Frozen Teardrop is adapting right now. Cinq Kingdom is taken over by Epyon de Tiros who want a bunch of demands and will detonate a nuke within 24 hours if their demands aren't met. Sally and Wufei gather the others to stop them. Duo in Frozen Teardrop kind of plays into how he was in Preventer 5. Hilde tells Sally that Duo is always leaving her without telling where he is going in Preventer 5.

In fact Frozen Teardrop did an amazing job of adapting it.
So preventer 5 is a FT but with no details? Was translated somewhere? I never heard of it but can make up now
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 11:54   Link #4724
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
She's not crippled. She's still recovering.

Then again, for someone who was shot, I'm not sure why she'd be in one anyways. Unless the bullet hit some nerves or something lo.
Bullet probably struck her spine and did some damage.
Old 2012-07-30, 01:43   Link #4725
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Originally Posted by rereremo View Post
So preventer 5 is a FT but with no details? Was translated somewhere? I never heard of it but can make up now
Preventer 5 was a manga chapter that came out sometime after Endless Waltz did in the 90s. It didn't have an ending.It was included in the Gundam Wing Episode Zero manga release in America. It is up online and you can find it if you look.

Frozen Teardrop is taking that manga chapter and adapting it into the novel. Clear now?
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 11:56   Link #4726
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Glory Chapter.22 is out now.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2012-07-30, 14:13   Link #4727
Tendou Souji

Good chapter. This is going faster than I thought.
Old 2012-07-30, 17:22   Link #4728
susyia

quatre was cute in this chapter
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 02:23   Link #4729
Eeni

Quatre is always cute... Don't let that face fool you

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 07:29   Link #4730
susyia

that's why i like him cute face and dangerous
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 11:34   Link #4731
rereremo

Quote:
Preventer 5 was a manga chapter that came out sometime after Endless Waltz did in the 90s. It didn't have an ending.It was included in the Gundam Wing Episode Zero manga release in America. It is up online and you can find it if you look.

Frozen Teardrop is taking that manga chapter and adapting it into the novel. Clear now?
Thanks for your information & patience Would you recommend a site please? I have already downloaded Episode zero but now I know it lacks both operation meteor & preventer 5 chapters!! also I'd like a way to make sure if the rest of manga I downloaded don't lack anything.

Last edited by rereremo; 2012-07-31 at 11:53.
Old 2012-07-31, 13:02   Link #4732
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Loved the new GoL chapter. That flight unit Heavyarms had is pretty sweet.
Old 2012-07-31, 13:55   Link #4733
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Thanks for the new chap, Deacon. Man, this chapter deserves to be animated. I don't care if it'd be only five minutes long, Sandrock throwing its shotels and Heavyarms firing all those missiles from inside the dust cloud would make such brilliant scenes... Ahem, yeah, I might've been watching too much Unicorn.

Quote:
Thanks for your information & patience Would you recommend a site please? I have already downloaded Episode zero but now I know it lacks both operation meteor & preventer 5 chapters!! also I'd like a way to make sure if the rest of manga I downloaded don't lack anything.
Here, I uploaded my file.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 12:59   Link #4734
gw_kimmy

LONG time thread lurker finally registering to comment on this...novel ;( although i'm with a lot of people in the "wat" department, ripping my hair out at every weird, no-logic development, i can't help but continue following this novel simply because it's more GW ;_; if i get the chance (and have the money) i would still buy up every volume if i come across it, lol.

thanks for the new chapter and translations <3

IkuzeMinna: for your speech earlier about character development in GW: i love you. marry me? ;_; i feel the exact same way about the series. i guess it's still a matter of taste, but even as a young girl watching the dub on cartoon network, i still loved each and every character and was enraptured by all the politic-ing going on. i've tried to find a similar feel in other gundam series, but each i tried, including the supposed "re-imagining" 00, doesn't come close.

ANYWAYS, carry on. i'll be lurking for new stuff with a mixed sense of glee and trepidation @_@
gw_kimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 19:59   Link #4735
Mkam

Can anyone Translate this bad boy?

http://katrinapeacecraft.tumblr.com/image/26968565383
Mkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 07:37   Link #4736
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

That's really just an old correlation chart someone made back for the early parts of the novel... :S

Old 2012-08-04, 05:22   Link #4737
rereremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Thanks so much! That's solving my Episode zero issue

Quote:
Would you recommend a site please? I'd like a way to make sure if the rest of GW manga I downloaded don't lack anything.
Hope I find a solution for the rest of GW manga too!!!
Old 2012-08-04, 19:16   Link #4738
Tendou Souji

Does anyone else think that Preventer 5 is being used to buy time or something?
Old 2012-08-05, 02:40   Link #4739
Eeni

Quote:
Does anyone else think that Preventer 5 is being used to buy time or something?
No, but it was rather odd that he decided that that perticuler story needed to be expanded and completed. I liked it the way it was in the manga, granted i disliked the story because it felt so out of character and with such a round-about solution.

And then true to FT, he was only making sure that we knew everyone was somehow related and knew eachother in some way before he MC timelIne started.

But now that you mention it, yes, I can totally see this as buying time... Or trying to establish something important between Relena and Heero (but I can't think of anything too important).

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-08-05 at 02:54.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 15:39   Link #4740
Tendou Souji

Well I was saying that because I don't even remember the last chapter that happened in the present. I know that the last thing to happen was Heero telling Trowa and Catherine to surrender but when was that? Was that even this year? Didn't the whole Robin Hood and pumpkin thing happen after that? Wasn't that abruptly dropped? Then we had this which is nice and actually interesting but it is mostly recycling old ground with a new twist. I'm starting to think Sumisawa was either dropped so they are trying to get things in order with the new writer(s) or Sumisawa is stalling while trying to spin this because of vocal dissatisfaction.

Maybe they went through all of the scripts and ideas Sumisawa wrote up and started putting tons of input into them and made Sumisawa rewrite stuff. Hence the short chapters and even missed chapters. I remember reading on 2ch about people talking about a ghost writer so maybe that is what is going to happen. Then again they are just speculating like us.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing