Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-30, 05:10   Link #561
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
The 2nd ED is excellent, but I'm really confused as to why they would release it after the anime finished airing.

Seems like they're shooting themselves in their own feet.
Why are you confused? It happens quite a lot, along with soundtrack releases.
Old 2008-09-30, 10:51   Link #562
Ashlotte
Clockwork

We need more GAR Sakura damnit...I honestly fell in love when she started kicking werewolf ass their like noones business.

Momaji's nice when she isnt running around as a muscle bound freak *shivers*, but I hope Misaki utterly defeats her honestly...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-09-30, 23:01   Link #563
mandarb916

love the full ED...been looking forward to it quite a bit
Old 2008-10-01, 02:12   Link #564
kamikazex

god damn....23 made me crack up sooo hard!!!!
Old 2008-10-02, 05:32   Link #565
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Amen. A FULL episode of Sakura craziness, paranoia and hilarity.

Most paranoid girl in anime I've seen in a while.
Old 2008-10-02, 06:07   Link #566
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Most paranoid girl in anime I've seen in a while.
That should be 'of all time'. I don't think you're going to find anyone who pulls it off better then Sakura.
Old 2008-10-05, 12:10   Link #567
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man watching 5 episodes or so in a row is pretty busy .

Spoiler for Ep22-23:
Spoiler for Ep23:
No way the preview for episode 24 is that accurate. Just not seeing Noboru getting run through with a sword any time soon .
Old 2008-10-07, 00:25   Link #568
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Some pictures of DVD 4:

Spoiler:

The previous three omake theaters were pretty amusing (especially the 3rd, though it was funny in a creepy way), so I'll be looking forward to the next one.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-15, 20:27   Link #569
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Since they changed the ED I am watching it EVERY time just because of that silver haired fox, she is pure love <333

I am still a bit disappointed that Momiji-san is not her/him, still a golden wolf is nice. Still dont understand why though being a wolf its walking on two legs lol. Glad we got some Kuu/Momiji action, I almost killed that damn Noboru when he tried to interrupt >< The end was poorly done ;_; With Miss unlikeable err Bekira I mean.

On another hand, I saw EP23 today (lots of Sakura fun) and then checked the series length and was like WHAT?!?! only one more episode to go wtf. Didnt get any more Mubyou (<3) and only a very short time of silver haired fox ;_; This needs a 2nd series or at least an OVA since both of my favourite characters were shafted badly Though I will reserve judgement until I see subs of the last episode.
Old 2008-10-19, 20:36   Link #570
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Since they changed the ED I am watching it EVERY time just because of that silver haired fox, she is pure love <333

I am still a bit disappointed that Momiji-san is not her/him, still a golden wolf is nice. Still dont understand why though being a wolf its walking on two legs lol. Glad we got some Kuu/Momiji action, I almost killed that damn Noboru when he tried to interrupt >< The end was poorly done ;_; With Miss unlikeable err Bekira I mean.

On another hand, I saw EP23 today (lots of Sakura fun) and then checked the series length and was like WHAT?!?! only one more episode to go wtf. Didnt get any more Mubyou (<3) and only a very short time of silver haired fox ;_; This needs a 2nd series or at least an OVA since both of my favourite characters were shafted badly Though I will reserve judgement until I see subs of the last episode.
Tama-chan can be pretty cute when she's not sealing people into caves .

All hail episode 24 subs.

24 wasn't a bad episode to end the series with. Took care of the issue remaining with Tama and had a nice reunion and New Years meal. Nice at least to see Mubyou again. Been weeks since I saw her. Got to love the Noboru harem assembling at the end. The guy is completely clueless that's for sure. Though maybe the easiest way to handle a harem is to not know its there. I think his friends are right that him noticing anything is pretty unlikely to happen in the new year.

Was fitting to take things back to the beginning and get Kuu to come home. In the end its all about the food . Regardless of the dangers that end up coming, long as they stick together it will turn out fine. Nice that Tama got past the anger and should stop causing problems for the family in the future.

Overall this was a pretty fun series. Sure it just felt like some random arcs at times, but the characters were good enough to make that fine. Some of the best moments was when it didn't get very serious and they just had fun with the characters. Hard to beat a drunken Kou chasing after her dragon . Too bad the series is over, but was fun to watch.
Old 2008-10-19, 22:25   Link #571
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 24 and the anime overall thoughts...

This last episode wasn't bad or good, but it was a nice way to end the anime. When I first saw this anime I wasn't expecting much, however it turned out to be enjoyable. This anime had that Monster Princess feel to it except a bit more light hearted.

Overall, I enjoyed seeing how Kuu tried to merge into human society and the antics she brings up. It might be just me but I really enjoy seeing Noboru getting into girl troubles be it human or monsters. Oh yea, Sakura is just an awsome heroine in this anime I always look forward to seeing her imagination run wild. It's always a blast.

It was a real shame that we did not get to see a whole lot of Gyokuyou aka Tama throughout the whole anime. I would of liked to know what happened to her during all those years her sister was imprisoned.
Old 2008-10-19, 23:57   Link #572
kamikazex

agreed. great way to end the series....definitely enjoyed watching this series from beginning to end. especially ep 23 lol the one where sakura thought shes was fat. hopefully we'll see a season2 three or four years from now
Old 2008-10-20, 06:10   Link #573
Cight

I'm going to miss this show's whimsical charm. When I first started watching this series I said it was directionless with tact on monster of the week. And it pretty much kept to that but I found that I didn't care. The characters are just so likable and their daily adventures gave me a smile everytime. I want more. A personal rating of 9/10.
Old 2008-10-20, 08:39   Link #574
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Like a lot of people here, i'm going to miss this cast so much. Such a lovable bunch who made this show such an enjoyable one to watch. Shall miss it very much and shall hope for a second season, or at least a few OVA's in the near future.
Old 2008-10-20, 09:14   Link #575
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The best thing about this anime is it get better as the story process, and somehow grow on me (rather than most recently anime, which get worse and worse by episodes, even when they all have stunning beginning). Another thing is every characters are likable (personally) even when at least three of my favourite characters have once planned to "harm" the two brothers

Spoiler for Ep 24:

Overall, i will give it 8/10 for my personal scale, and 9/10 for animesuki scale

PS: i really like how they tease us with Noboru's harem. Very enjoyable to watch
Old 2008-10-20, 11:44   Link #576
Ashlotte
Clockwork

The first half was...Well no other word I can think of but stupid. The later part though was a nice "the gang is all together" kinda sendoff ending which is fine although I was sad to see Sakura wasn't included...bah...

Shame that Tama is just now finally coming into the show more and gets shafted both in his/her little drama mini-arc and then only getting to be a part of the merriment in the eleventh hour...Needs a second season...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-10-20, 12:01   Link #577
Zippicus

This was a really fun show, I'm going to miss it. Sakura was a comedy gold mine, and Kou was a close runner up when she was trying to explain stuff.
Old 2008-10-20, 12:50   Link #578
yozaku
Always Idle

Eps 24 Misaki have the best facial expression

and we really need season 2 now.
Old 2008-10-20, 15:29   Link #579
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Well for me I think the ending was weak ._. Whats with that 180 degree change in thinking for the last 2min after we see him/her running away in anger lol. I love Gyokuyou <3 but that was a bit to constructed.
Old 2008-10-20, 22:53   Link #580
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

While there's nothing specific about this show that's off-the-charts brilliant, it's impossible not to like. The charms grow on you as the series slowly gets under your skin and the characters become more irresistibly likeable. The fact that the voice cast is uniformly outstanding and the animation consistently good for 24 episodes doesn't hurt either. Kou, generally, and Sakura's whacked-out fantasies are standouts, but where really isn't a significant character that I didn't like a lot. A real sleeper, and I'll miss it.
Closed Thread

Tags
genderbender, kemonomimi, miko, shounen, supernatural