AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-10, 21:42   Link #181
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Well I have actually started to think that the world balance WG is so proudly trying to preserve is nothing but a misrepresentation of the actual strengths. That balance depends on the way the four emperors act. And that takes into account the power struggle among them to create the necessary opening for the WG to act to stop them. If they come together, the pact will completely crush the WG to the level of not being able to stand up again.
The Will of the Gorosei is the driving force behind the World Government, but I wonder how much of a role they play in the day to day operations of the organization it'self. I would like to know what their views are on the current situation regarding the war with Whitebeared.

As for balance, I really don't believe that the Whitebeard Pirates are equal to the WG as a whole. Considering that they didn't actually break through the enemy lines, they went under them and directly to Marineford. If he actually had to fight his way through, I'm fairly sure this battle would be different, and may be not as easy.

If Shanks tried this, then im sure that he would have been slaughtered, same for Kaidou if he had to attempt a sneak attack. Not to mention, I'm not sure they are capable of utilizing the same suprise tactics as Whitebeared. We know they are strong, but we don't know about their strategical minds, or how they would plan their assaults. Heck much about both factions are still a mystery.
Old 2009-09-11, 09:07   Link #182
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
...They do have Ao Kiji though. You act like no other guys in the manga could do something just as strong. blackbeard could cause a black hole and kill every marine there by your logic.
Not really, Blackbeard's ability have limits, Blackbeard can easily be countered. For one, speed, and also the fact he's immune to physical attacks. That little vortex or whatever he used, so far, has been something he uses only to draw his opponent close enough to attack him. I don't know if Blackbeard would manage if more than 2 or so people attack him at once.
Quote:
My point is strength isn't like a test score...it can be judged in many different ways. For example..I don't see how whitebeard would defeat blackbeard since blackbeard can conquer gravity itself.
Well Whitebeard and cause earthquakes that can easily throw him off balance. And you can do anything properly if you can barely even stand straight. But who knows, hopefully Blackbeard would show up and try to attack Whitebeard just to see what would happen. One thing I am interested in seeing is how Haki would work against Blackbeard's DF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
The Will of the Gorosei is the driving force behind the World Government, but I wonder how much of a role they play in the day to day operations of the organization it'self. I would like to know what their views are on the current situation regarding the war with Whitebeared.
Yeah I wanted to know what the hell they were thinking. This war can potentially bring them to ruin. I really want to know their thoughts too. Because from how I see things, the WG is about to be finished (of course I can be wrong). But I say that based on my belief that the Dark King and Red-Haired will show up. Jimbei and his power is a lot to to handle. Crocodile and Daz, are neutral and can end up killing people from both parties. Marco is also and force with his Ancient Phoenix Zoan. If Kaidou does show up, he also is neutral and can end up killing people on both sides. Then theres Dragon and his army who might show up because this is definitely a good time to destroy the WG. How I see it, the WG got two cards left to play, the PX's and the Supernovas. And even this, I'm pretty sure Kaidou and Red-Haired Crew's are strong as hell too. This war is going to turn into complete chaos.

Quote:
As for balance, I really don't believe that the Whitebeard Pirates are equal to the WG as a whole. Considering that they didn't actually break through the enemy lines, they went under them and directly to Marineford. If he actually had to fight his way through, I'm fairly sure this battle would be different, and may be not as easy.
Yeah the Gates of Justice are unbreakable. But one thing I wondered was why Whitebeard didn't bring his own army of 1600 to war with him.
Old 2009-09-11, 16:02   Link #183
'Pryde
I am better than you

idk even if luffy masters haki i still cant see him up there with some of these guys... he is gonna need something else
Old 2009-09-11, 18:55   Link #184
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde View Post
idk even if luffy masters haki i still cant see him up there with some of these guys... he is gonna need something else
My sentiments exactly. Too many people believe that Haki will be the answer to everything. Just because one may know how to incorporate Haki into their combat skills, it doesn't automatically guarantee they'll be victorious against their opponents. Based on what we know so far, all it does is allow one to harm another, regardless if that person is a devil fruit user or not.
Old 2009-09-11, 19:42   Link #185
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
My sentiments exactly. Too many people believe that Haki will be the answer to everything. Just because one may know how to incorporate Haki into their combat skills, it doesn't automatically guarantee they'll be victorious against their opponents. Based on what we know so far, all it does is allow one to harm another, regardless if that person is a devil fruit user or not.
Luffy is already one of the physically strongest characters in the series (not the strongest, but definetly up there), if he can use Haki to strike a Logia-user, then he will stand amongst the elite characters in the series. Period. But, this will only make him equal to the top, so he will need something else to surpass the best.

That being said, this is a long way away, and we will see many other uses for the Gomu fruit in the mean time.
Old 2009-09-11, 21:42   Link #186
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Luffy is already one of the physically strongest characters in the series (not the strongest, but definetly up there), if he can use Haki to strike a Logia-user, then he will stand amongst the elite characters in the series. Period. But, this will only make him equal to the top, so he will need something else to surpass the best.

That being said, this is a long way away, and we will see many other uses for the Gomu fruit in the mean time.
This is, of course, assuming that he attains a high level of mastery over Haki to the point where he gets really proficient at using it (which would not be any time soon). In the meantime though, his short uncontrolled bursts of Haki will not be enough to challenge the might of the top tiers. Furthermore, given how much experience the elites have in fighting, I would think they would know how to deal with formidable Haki users. All of them must have encountered powerful Haki users at some point.
Old 2009-09-11, 21:45   Link #187
james0246

Quote:
This is, of course, assuming that he attains a high level of mastery over Haki to the point where he gets really proficient at using it (which would not be any time soon). In the meantime though, his short uncontrolled bursts of Haki will not be enough to challenge the might of the top tiers. Furthermore, given how much experience the elites have in fighting, I would think they would know how to deal with formidable Haki users. All of them must have encountered powerful Haki users at some point.
This is Shounen. Luffy already has an uber unique version of an uber unique power, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has an even more uber unique version an uber unique version of an uber unique power.

...Did that make sense?
Old 2009-09-11, 21:58   Link #188
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
This is Shounen. Luffy already has an uber unique version of an uber unique power, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has an even more uber unique version an uber unique version of an uber unique power.
Yeah, that's definitely a possibility since he is the main character. The versatility of his gomu fruit combined with his fighting creativity and an enhanced version of his King's Haki should be more than enough to close the gap between him and the elites.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the warlords reactions towards Luffy, Crocodile, and Jimbei. There should definitely be some really interesting dialogue going on there, to say the least.
Old 2009-09-11, 22:06   Link #189
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Really I just wanna see more Crocodile, and maybe ponder his relationships with the other Shichibukai.
Old 2009-09-11, 22:21   Link #190
james0246

Quote:
Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the warlords reactions towards Luffy, Crocodile, and Jimbei. There should definitely be some really interesting dialogue going on there, to say the least.
Agreed...amd we might even be getting those spoilers sometime Saturday (more likely Sunday) .
Old 2009-09-11, 22:53   Link #191
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Pryde
I think he should try and eat another devil fruit. That would make thing interesting having a character like Luffy using two devil fruit powers. That would be probably one of the most unique things in the one piece. He should get a devil fruit power that compliments or upgrades his rubber power.

Quote:
Orginally Posted by SilverSyko
Too bad noone can do that in One Piece if they don't want to submit their life permanently.

Unless Oda writes in a loophole to possess two devil fruit powers, don't expect that happening for quite a while. (or ever.)
I am sure Dr. VegaPunk could figure out a way because he already duplicated Kizaru devil fruit power and used them on the Kuma robots. I am sure he has bunch of secrets about the devil fruit will see in the new world.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2009-09-11 at 23:34. Reason: Forgot to the add a thought
Old 2009-09-11, 23:05   Link #192
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Agreed...amd we might even be getting those spoilers sometime Saturday (more likely Sunday) .
same here, looking forward to this but i expect most of it will appear after this arc...i doubt will wb will be take out by 1 person alone but i hope he survives this arc so we can get some juicy plot progress from him.
Old 2009-09-11, 23:08   Link #193
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
I think he should try and eat another devil fruit. That would make thing interesting having a character like Luffy using two devil fruit powers. That would be probably one of the most unique things in the one piece. He should get a devil fruit power that compliments or upgrades his rubber power.
Too bad noone can do that in One Piece if they don't want to submit their life permanently.

Unless Oda writes in a loophole to possess two devil fruit powers, don't expect that happening for quite a while. (or ever.)
Old 2009-09-11, 23:27   Link #194
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Really I just wanna see more Crocodile, and maybe ponder his relationships with the other Shichibukai.
Coming back to the story after a very long break, and getting close to make up with Luffy. He really needs to have some big roles to play, other than just helping them escape Impel Down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

The loophole can easily be avoided, by making one special devil fruit that can be combined with a limited number of devil fruits. It is not like you can give fire to ice. It need to have a complementary effect. For instance, Brook's devil fruit could have been something like that.
Old 2009-09-12, 00:08   Link #195
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Coming back to the story after a very long break, and getting close to make up with Luffy. He really needs to have some big roles to play, other than just helping them escape Impel Down.

The loophole can easily be avoided, by making one special devil fruit that can be combined with a limited number of devil fruits. It is not like you can give fire to ice. It need to have a complementary effect. For instance, Brook's devil fruit could have been something like that.
highly highly highly highly doubt that will happen.

A: if you could do that, someone would of done it by now.

B: Luffy's power is strong enough. I'm sure once he masters his devil fruit it will be just as powerful as any of the other one in the manga.

C: It is just too late in the story to add a gigantic loophole like that.
Old 2009-09-12, 13:12   Link #196
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

If Luffy starts using haki the way we've seen other people use haki, I think it could very well allow him to fight evenly with the top dogs. Just think about it, it's an all around huge power up. It would allow him to hurt logias, his own attacks would become stronger, his defense would improve (or rather, his opponents’ attacks would weaken, either way...), it can even be used as some sort of inner eye...
Old 2009-09-12, 14:14   Link #197
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Though I was already wondering, if maybe Blackbeards DF has an additional power, to copy all the DF powers it has encountered, because I though it was strange that he was so keen on fighting with Magellan which nearly killed him.
I wouldn't even call that altercation of theirs a fight. When Magellan ran into Blackbeard and his crew, he simply asked him if he was Blackbeard, to which Blackbeard responded "yes", and then Magellan poisoned the whole crew with his hydra attack stating that he had no idea what business they had at Impel Down and that he had no time to question them. Magellan was in hot pursuit of the assailants (Luffy and his band of escapees), so dealing with Blackbeard was not on his list of priorities.
Old 2009-09-12, 18:23   Link #198
SMASHERJACKSON

dam u just reminded me bout mags's pwnerage, and now im eager to see both him and smoker make a move in 557 - which needs to come out soon
Old 2009-09-12, 18:35   Link #199
'Pryde
I am better than you

o yeah i almost forgot about smoker,tashigi and hina hopefully thye make thier apperance in this next chapter
Old 2009-09-12, 18:49   Link #200
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
highly highly highly highly doubt that will happen.

A: if you could do that, someone would of done it by now.

B: Luffy's power is strong enough. I'm sure once he masters his devil fruit it will be just as powerful as any of the other one in the manga.

C: It is just too late in the story to add a gigantic loophole like that.
Considering the history of the devil fruits, your argument sounds fine, but to the point of having already found it at some distant past. But we don't know, if anyone had the courage to try that. It is not like God sent a booklet on how to use the abilities. People found that, tried them, used them, and recorded them so the next generation can take advantage of that information.

For that to happen, you need to have a genius like Vegapunk finding it and trying it with other devil fruit abilities, very very low possibility. Or a courageous person. Or a exremely ambitious person to the point of rising everything on one try. And these extreme behaviours need to meet up with that special ability, which may have the least likelihood of being found.

In short, the possibility is there. And the suggestions made in the story so far are not strong enough to turn that automatically to a loophole.
Closed Thread